Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Red #10 discussion [SPOILERS]

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marvelfan1992

Second to the last issue of the series but it still felt like a filler. Not a fan. Hopefully, somehow, the last issue will be nice, although I have given up any hope of Jean actually fighting Nova 1on1 directly

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that does seem about right. In terms of planning, it’s a smart move on Jeans part. In terms of action, this issue falls short. At least she made a sensible power play against Nova and brought in the supers who are always hailed as heroes.

It’s also interesting to see that Jean knows the Avengers numbers. Or at least Tony Stark’s.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Gabby confirms Jean to be as powerful of a telepath as Nova. Or at least she says that and Jean doesn’t deny it.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And as we all know if TT has Gabby say something, it must be true.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
    TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say the best thing about the issue was She-Hulk having her classic physique.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

So Gabby is the 2nd main character of this run, behind Jean.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: The book's order of importance is actually Gabby, Jean, Trinary, Laura, Gentle, Gambit, Kurt, Storm.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: So long as Jean doesn’t correct Gabby, Gabby’s word is law.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PyroFN

@theinsufferable: No Jean comes before Gabby. Gabby’s too fabulous to hog the spotlight.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I'll give Tom Taylor one thing, he's really subtle in his political views. Oh wait, I was wrong. Silly me! I guess the mean nasty white guy was replaced by a nice sweet muslim woman somewhere between issues 8 and 10.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But on a serious note I finally figured out what I don't like about TT's style writing style and I'm disappointed in myself it took me this long to realize what it was.

He doesn't show, he tells. The vast majority of his story progression is based of having the characters say what is happening and making statements to move the story forward.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

YOU get a helmet and YOU get a helmet and YOU......

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the worst part is that Jean Grey has a longer monologue than the "villain" of the story.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

What does everybody think about Jean calling in the cavalry? I know lots of folks were peeved about Jean sitting behind Searebro (ugh, I don't like typing that word out) and not displaying her full super saiyan psy-goddess powers and getting chaffed that she may have to enlist Rachel's help to take out Nova...now she's backed by, well, everyone. What say you now Jeaniuses?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: She called the Avengers because Marvel is trying to smooth over things between Avengers and X-Men fans and possibly regain overlap in the wake of years of previous bad blood.

Her not doing this on her own is expected. Realistically anything but the final showdown should require her entire teams help especially given how strung together and random they are.

Also Rachel wont be helping beat Nova. Forge will. It's been written on the wall.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

What does everybody think about Jean calling in the cavalry? I know lots of folks were peeved about Jean sitting behind Searebro (ugh, I don't like typing that word out) and not displaying her full super saiyan psy-goddess powers and getting chaffed that she may have to enlist Rachel's help to take out Nova...now she's backed by, well, everyone. What say you now Jeaniuses?

Nova called in her cavalry, it's fair Jean calls in some of her own. Not to mention it's a world-level threat that leaves time to organize, so it's fine she doesn't just gamble that she and her closest can handle it.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: X-Men has been broken from the start, and calling in the X-Men is another fracture.

This is increasingly not an X-Men book. It has been a Jean Grrey book first and foremost, an X-23/Honeybadger spotlight, bound together by the whole digital nihilism via Trinary.

X-Men Red should not be an Avengers crossover. You could try it for the annual, but that was blown on the X-Men annual we already got.

Calling rhe cavalry is good and all, but when your team is filled with A listers already that are just being woefully mismanaged, was it even remotely necessary

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nova still have tk, maybe there'd still be a tk battle but I think jean won't give her what she wants. she's sending out a message of peace.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we take a moment to discuss how it's been days and Nova still has that bruise from Rachel.....it makes me smile.

JeannieH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of the above. I would like to see Jean and Nova go at each other one on one, but looks like that will not happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Magneto's helmet?Really?What's stopping all people using those if those can be mass produced?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I am going to be the pretentious comic book nerd here again and remind people that Magneto's helmet blocking telepathy is something from the movies. It was never really a thing in the comics. He wore it as more or less a fashion choice and just had powerful natural mental blocks due to his magnetic abilities. It is however a better explanation of why he would wear the thing but still, it shows the glaring lack of research or attentiveness the writers they hire have now of days.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheInsufferable

@cattlebattle: The telepathy blocking helmet was originally a Juggernaut thing long before the movies turned it into a Magneto thing. Although Mags did have a helmet that had something akin to telepathic abilities (rather than telepathy blocking), but I very much doubt if any of them writers remember that one.

No Caption Provided

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theinsufferable: Yeah, I believe they revealed that to account for why originally Magneto had telepathy in the early 60s. So, it was a well meaning gesture in the end. Avengers vs X-Men was such a good story, I always feel like the climax and the stuff with Magneto's helmet and finding out that Captain America was "incapable of prejudice" was really lame and sours the mini series.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheInsufferable

I always feel like the climax and the stuff with Magneto's helmet and finding out that Captain America was "incapable of prejudice" was really lame and sours the mini series.

Yeah, good thing Avengers fans didn't remember this back in AvX era, otherwise we'd not hear the end of it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, good thing Avengers fans didn't remember this back in AvX era, otherwise we'd not hear the end of it.

"Avengers fans" Haha. That's not a thing. You only have people who are fans of the films because of pop culture relevance. Other than that, nobody really gives a shit about those goofballs. Thor is cool though.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: lol I think about this on a regular basis. How many comicbook fans are avengers fans? I personally don't like the avengers(besides hickman's avengers), too boring, too stale, too overrated. I also don't like main teams that involve logan and storm, but love side teams like generation x and x-force

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: lol, that's right. I meant the people who defended the fellas who opposed X-Men in AvX, i.e. Cap and Logan fans.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol I think about this on a regular basis. How many comicbook fans are avengers fans? I personally don't like the avengers(besides hickman's avengers), too boring, too stale, too overrated. I also don't like main teams that involve logan and storm, but love side teams like generation x and x-force

Yeah, I am sure there are actual Avengers fans somewhere in the ether, but even so, they are more likely fans of characters like Cap and Thor than anything else. Before the film franchise the majority of the Avengers roster throughout history has been considered a cavalcade of c-listers at best.

lol, that's right. I meant the people who defended the fellas who opposed X-Men in AvX, i.e. Cap and Logan fans.

Eh, whenever there is conflict between the X-Men and another team I can usually see the logic in the other team more than the X-Men's side of things. The X-Men can often operate more like villains than heroes in the wider scope. They were essentially the antagonists in the aforementioned Avengers vs X-men from the 80s. The Super Soviets and Avengers were just serving their respective countries, while the X-Men were just defending Magneto due to racial animus. It's honestly one one of the reasons people get drawn to the X-men I've always thought. Because they facilitate a gray area more so than being standard comic book heroes and villains.

"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.