X-Men News and Discussion

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#1201 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6373 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: @ursaber: i read champions 7,8,9 and in 8 teen cyclops was watching tv with the other kids/champions and they asked him what tv show was his favorite and teen scott said "Seinfeld" and the kids look at him shocked and then one kid says something like "lol ur a old man"(then they continued saying even back in ur own time u were a old man" lol teenagers

saw it on youtube lol

#1202 Posted by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio
#1203 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6373 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: @pyrofn those jean pics are great too......(hell i love the yellow/black leather one she wore before she died, which is also weird that "spirit jean" wears that costume......not phoenixes(red,green or white) outfit, not 90's outfit, but the one she died in)

i wanted to show marvel that i support "spirit jean" and hope she stays even if teen jean leaves or hell "just bring her back already" and wanted to support how jean is popular no matter what

#1204 Posted by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: @pyrofn those jean pics are great too......(hell i love the yellow/black leather one she wore before she died, which is also weird that "spirit jean" wears that costume......not phoenixes(red,green or white) outfit, not 90's outfit, but the one she died in)

i wanted to show marvel that i support "spirit jean" and hope she stays even if teen jean leaves or hell "just bring her back already" and wanted to support how jean is popular no matter what

I support BringBackAdultJean. Spirits, ghosts and AI's be damned.

#1206 Posted by AsheTDust (616 posts) - - Show Bio

What about zombie or vampire Jeans. Fangy redheads!

#1207 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6373 posts) - - Show Bio

What about zombie or vampire Jeans. Fangy redheads!

what? we do not need another "maddie(jean rip off)" turned goblin queen.........maddie(goblin queen from secret wars) is back in x-men blue

#1208 Posted by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio
#1209 Edited by PyroFN (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I hope this is the resurrection of Jean Grey. Doubtful, but there's always hope.

#1210 Posted by poeticwarrior (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are the most powerful beings in Marvel always some neurotic women who can't control her power? First Jean Grey, then we have Scarlet Witch, then Captain Marvel who backed by government power basically goes all dictatorship on the entire nation.

#1211 Posted by AsheTDust (616 posts) - - Show Bio
#1212 Posted by AsheTDust (616 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber:

Ooo nice find! Let's see where they go with this. They were teasing the return of one of Marvel's greatest heroes after all.

#1213 Posted by GladeusEx (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Not sure whether I should be optimistic for a permanent addition to the X-Men, or jaded at an upcoming AvX-esque event.

#1214 Posted by del_torro (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

So I saw a post on 4chan about marvel December solicits (tried to find it on any other sites to see if to compare, but don't think it's officially out there), seems Marvel has something big planned for the Phoenix and Jean grey in December. Almost all the marvel comics have a Phoenix variant cover, and there seem to be sales of short Jean grey /Phoenix stories for 1 dollar each.

Jean grey #10 also comes out that month (looking at sales, marvel might end it there, but if they bring adult Jean back, maybe they could make it her own book).

PHOENIX RESURRECTION RETURN JEAN GREY #1

OCT170824

(W) Matthew Rosenberg (A/CA) Leinil Francis Yu

VARIANT COVER BY ARTGERM (OCT170825)

VARIANT COVER BY ARTHUR ADAMS (OCT170826)

TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER (OCT170827)

VARIANT COVER BY FRANCESCO MATTINA (OCT170828)

YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG (OCT170832)

B&W Variant also available (OCT170833)

VARIANT COVERS BY TBA (OCT170829, OCT170830, and OCT170831)

In Shops: Dec 27, 2017

SRP: $4.99

http://archive.is/G7fuE

The Jean grey and Phoenix stories that would be sold

TRUE BELIEVERS PHOENIX FEATURING CYCLOPS & MARVEL GIRL

OCT170980

In Shops: Dec 06, 2017

SRP: $1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS ENTER THE PHOENIX

OCT170981

In Shops: Dec 06, 2017

TRUE BELIEVERS PHOENIX RETURNS

OCT170982

In Shops: Dec 13, 2017

TRUE BELIEVERS PHOENIX CLASSIC

OCT170983

TRUE BELIEVERS PHOENIX BIZARRE ADVENTURES

OCT170984

TRUE BELIEVERS PHOENIX VS SABRETOOTH

OCT170985

In Shops: Dec 20, 2017

TRUE BELIEVERS PHOENIX WEDDING

OCT170986

In Shops: Dec 20, 2017

TRUE BELIEVERS PHOENIX WHAT IF

OCT170987

TRUE BELIEVERS DEATH OF PHOENIX

OCT170988

TRUE BELIEVERS PHOENIX ORIGINS

OCT170989

http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/95300719/#95300719

#1215 Posted by del_torro (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

MARVEL COMICS

OCT170824

She will return, like a Phoenix from the ashes.

Years ago, Jean Grey died and the X-Men mourned her. Since then, the world has changed, her teammates have lived without her and died without her. And now, when strange events start happening all over the world, those teammates can only come to one conclusion - the one true Jean Grey is back!

Rated T+

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT170824

#1216 Posted by JamesWayne (224 posts) - - Show Bio

is this legit? did not see this coming. Marvel, you have officially gained cred if this happens. Now bring back the rest please.

#1217 Posted by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Years ago, Jean Grey died and the X-Men mourned her. Since then, the world has changed, her teammates have lived without her and died without her. And now, when strange events start happening all over the world, those teammates can only come to one conclusion - the one true Jean Grey is back!

@jameswayne: @glaucus: @pyrofn: @gladeusex: @hopesummersforthefuture:@hawk2916@adamtrmm@koays@darthphoenix@ashetdust

(Comment: THEY better not throw her into a relationship of any kind. She needs to return and get her bearings back. Find her function and purpose in the X-Men and the Marvel Universe. And please no Logan x Jean)

#1218 Edited by PyroFN (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Suprise this your reaction to a confirmed Jean Grey resurrection leak. Funny how they used the wording "the one true Jean Grey is back!" It's as if they've heard it from somewhere that someone has been wanting the real deal to come back from the dead since 2004.

Edit: Sarcasm aside, I am legitimately conflicted with feelings of excitement and utter paranoia with how many times Marvel has teased her return and with how this is being kept so hush hush. My skepticism keeps on saying "This could be simple click bait, be careful." And the other half is saying "HOLY CRAP!!!!! ITS BEEN 13 YEARS!!!! 11 IF YOU COUNT ENDSONG AS A RETURN BRIEFLY!!!!"

#1219 Posted by PyroFN (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: And just like that, it is gone. This better not be click bait. I've seen fake leaks use the ploy of deleting their own posts to bait people into believing their little prank for attention. IF THERE IS ANYTHING GOOD IN THIS WORLD LEFT, PLEASE LET THIS BE REAL!!!!!

#1220 Posted by Koays (8275 posts) - - Show Bio

(Opens eyes) I am revived!

#1221 Edited by Koays (8275 posts) - - Show Bio

(Sees post is deleted) I am dead again

#1222 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6373 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn:

@ursaber said:

@jameswayne: @glaucus: @pyrofn: @gladeusex: @hopesummersforthefuture:@hawk2916@adamtrmm@koays@darthphoenix@ashetdust

(Comment: THEY better not throw her into a relationship of any kind. She needs to return and get her bearings back. Find her function and purpose in the X-Men and the Marvel Universe. And please no Logan x Jean)

omg i cant "believe" this is happening!!!!!!! i waited sooooooooooo long. plz let her be back for good and not just come back one second and die again like "endsong"

@koays said:

(Opens eyes) I am revived!

@koays said:

(Sees post is deleted) I am dead again

why would u say that @koays????? that makes me sad. if this happens i will never forgive marvel and quit marvel again until "real 616 jean is back for good"

is this just jean coming back???? what about wolverine? cyclops? xavier?????

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT170824 <-------this doesnt work for me...what does this say???

#1223 Posted by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: @pyrofn:@hopesummersforthefuture

Pre post deletion: Yup that was me. I've been the one Marvel's been listening to and finally they did and granted me my foremost wish.

After post deletion: I think its real. I think it was taken down because it leaked and Marvel was not ready to reveal it yet. The news is out there now and it will spark more fan disappointment if this does not come true further affecting their reception.

General thought: My only qualm would have to be that Jean is being brought back in the second dark age of comics where sales are the lowest they have ever been and Marvel's reception is through the floor. Meaning her return could be bogged down by an SJW writer or just plain bad writing. Other than that, this is an answered prayer which I believe will be true.

This is another link:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/13/phoenix-resurrection-return-jean-grey-matthew-rosenberg-leinil-francis-yu-december/

Years ago, Jean Grey died and the X-Men mourned her. Since then, the world has changed, her teammates have lived without her and died without her. And now, when strange events start happening all over the world, those teammates can only come to one conclusion – the one true Jean Grey is back!

Rated T+

^^That was the info on the deleted link. Price and release date.

#1224 Posted by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio
#1225 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6373 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: @pyrofn@koays ok thank u very much...... And now, when strange events start happening all over the world, those teammates can only come to one conclusion - the one true Jean Grey is back!

this statement in bold........"strange events start happening all over the world" im guessing it is cause by "real jean" and maybe its more then one hero coming "back from the dead"(wolverine/cyclops/xavier/other dead heroes from other groups like avengers/FF/spiderman/hulk/iron-man/etc)

the only problem is: it might be "Temporary" until "they" find a way to "Set it right"

and hopefully its not a way for "marvel to bring back the dead" to say a "final goodbye"

#1226 Posted by PyroFN (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: No. You must rise, for others are reporting this news on other media sites. Rise from the ASHES!!!!

#1227 Posted by PyroFN (1646 posts) - - Show Bio
#1228 Posted by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: @pyrofn@koays ok thank u very much...... And now, when strange events start happening all over the world, those teammates can only come to one conclusion - the one true Jean Grey is back!

this statement in bold........"strange events start happening all over the world" im guessing it is cause by "real jean" and maybe its more then one hero coming "back from the dead"(wolverine/cyclops/xavier/other dead heroes from other groups like avengers/FF/spiderman/hulk/iron-man/etc)

the only problem is: it might be "Temporary" until "they" find a way to "Set it right"

and hopefully its not a way for "marvel to bring back the dead" to say a "final goodbye"

The F4 are not coming back. That's the purpose of the Two in One comic.

What I am worried is that his Phoenix Resurrection thing might be reminiscent to the Fantastic 3 teaser a few months ago that supposedly had Susan Storm coming back but that was quickly put down.

Wolverine can come back but it wouldn't make sense given there are two Wolvies in the MU. Cyclops I hope but there are no signs. Supposedly Xavier is coming back with the launch of Uncanny X-Men next year. Spider Man is alive but I want the Spider Marriage back.

I did not understand the context of this sentence:

Also, the final goodbye bit already kinda happened with Jean Grey in Endsong. She died in New X-Men, then Endsong came back to bid her farewell.

#1229 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6373 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: @pyrofn: @ursaber: yeah i just want real jean back for good(maybe a little phoenix power but nothing close to dark phoenix)

i put my "faith" in marvel and was let down "time after, time after, time after time" (like AvX(shadow figure of jean grey lol), hope summers, endsong, teen jean who is not canon but bendis lied and said she was, "Spirit freakin jean" etc)

marvel got my "hopes" up again *signs*........but i think i will get "disappointed" again XO

#1230 Posted by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture:

This time they are actually teasing the actual return of the one and true Jean Grey. If this is a bust. Its over. Permanently. I will stop purchasing X-Men comics and never come back until the distant future.

If Adult Jean returns then I will have another wish fulfilled.

Wishlist

1. Spider Marriage Return (Sorta achieved with RYV) half check
  2. Adult Jean's Return (currently pending)
  3. Cyclops' Return (no sign)
  4. Fantastic Four Return (I found this, see below)

The Search For FANTASTIC FOUR's RICHARDS Family Begins In MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE

My only problem with Marvel Two-in-One is Chip Zdarsky as writer.

Avatar image for scott_summers52
#1231 Posted by scott_summers52 (1385 posts) - - Show Bio

So I dropped all my Marvel titles a while ago when I started getting tired of how they were treating the fans, but I'm starting to miss picking up an X-Men book every month. I realize that the X-books are still not in great condition, but I've also heard some good things about the ResurreXion line (and anything has to be better than the ANAD X-Men titles... Extraordinary X-Men was REALLY not what anyone wanted).

My point is, I'd like to ask what the best current X-Men title is. Gold? Blue? I've never liked the O5, but I do have admiration for a lot of Bunn's work, so I would still consider picking up Blue.

As real X-Men fans, what do you recommend I try out?

#1232 Edited by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@scott_summers52:

I like Gold better. I don't like the 05 but I'll be the first to admit Cullen Bunn does some good work and makes me not hate the 05 as much. His book is fun. Gold is also really good, cept for Kitty's haircut LOL

Astonishing is supposedly good. I read the first issue was excellent but the second was a drop.

I recommend Gold, then Blue.

#1233 Posted by scott_summers52 (1385 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Thanks. I might check both out and see what I think. Gold looks like it has more of a classic X-Men feel to it, so I'll probably like it more. Even if Blue is written well, it still doesn't change the fact that I'm tired of the O5 still sticking around.

#1234 Posted by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Thanks. I might check both out and see what I think. Gold looks like it has more of a classic X-Men feel to it, so I'll probably like it more. Even if Blue is written well, it still doesn't change the fact that I'm tired of the O5 still sticking around.

Feeling's mutual.

Gold definitely has the more classic X-Men feel whereas Blue is like a reinvented Stan Lee X-Men. Rest assured Claremont is the true father of the X-Men and not Lee.

#1235 Posted by scott_summers52 (1385 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@scott_summers52 said:

Feeling's mutual.

Gold definitely has the more classic X-Men feel whereas Blue is like a reinvented Stan Lee X-Men. Rest assured Claremont is the true father of the X-Men and not Lee.

Too true. Stan may have created the X-Men, but they weren't truly the X-Men to me until Claremont's run.

#1236 Posted by AsheTDust (616 posts) - - Show Bio

@scott_summers52:

Gold is a good title and surprisingly Weapon X is pretty decent too!

#1238 Posted by JamesWayne (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: whats good sales for a marvel book? laura hit below 30 000 last month, that's not great.

#1239 Posted by JamesWayne (224 posts) - - Show Bio

all marvel needs to do is bring back the original characters for their franchises. they beat dc, I have no idea how, but they do rght now anyways, with the og returns it wouldn't even be close.

#1240 Posted by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

all marvel needs to do is bring back the original characters for their franchises. they beat dc, I have no idea how, but they do rght now anyways, with the og returns it wouldn't even be close.

They beat DC because they have more comics and more shares overall but the revenue of their massive product dilution is generating negative incomes. They're producing MORE but getting LESS in profits.

My wishlist

• Spider Man - Restoration of Spider Marriage, Killing of OMD
  • X-Men - Adult Jean and Adult Scott Resurrected (neither in relationships with each other nor anyone else)
  • Fantastic Four - Bring them Back, or at least Susan and the kids

@ursaber: whats good sales for a marvel book? laura hit below 30 000 last month, that's not great.

30k is now the average. ASM which is the most popular single superhero book clocks out at about 50k.

Below 20k is cancellation territory.

#1241 Edited by JamesWayne (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: not really. she's 79 th, and batman and tec both sell more than spiderman. oml sells more than all new

#1242 Posted by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: not really. she's 79 th, and batman and tec both sell more than spiderman. oml sells more than all new

I'm talking Marvel-wise. Batman is the single most successful comic book out there. OML and ANW both clock out averagely around 30k and slightly below.

below 20k is cancellation territory. Those selling under 20k are the first ones to be chopped off.

#1243 Edited by JamesWayne (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: isn't oml above 40k? I agree with you she isn't in danger of getting cancelled, my point was, in reference to the vid, it would sell more if they brought back the og logan. and just got rid of oml too, to make one wolverine. OR have laura as wolverine and make a LOGAN book not oml.

#1244 Posted by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: isn't oml above 40k? I agree with you she isn't in danger of getting cancelled, my point was, in reference to the vid, it would sell more if they brought back the og logan. and just got rid of oml too, to make one wolverine. OR have laura as wolverine and make a LOGAN book not oml.

No, OML is below 40k, in the 30ks.

OML is a pretty good book I hear. I myself don't mind dead Logan. He's earned a rest.

The ones I want back are Adult Jean and Adult Scott.

#1245 Posted by JamesWayne (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I checked in between responses, he's at 41k right now, he consistently sells more than laura. and seeing as how they're basically writing him as logan, I personally don't see the point of the character. And we differ about logan and scott, I want logan back since he's been gone longer, scott could stay dead for a bit, although I wouldn't complain if he comes back. I would want jean back though. Also, part of the reason I want logan back, besides it being 3 years already, is that his last storyline, not counting soule, was garbage. It's also why I wouldn't complain if they brought scott back so soon. His last storyline is garbage.

#1246 Edited by ursaber (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameswayne said:

@ursaber: I checked in between responses, he's at 41k right now, he consistently sells more than laura. and seeing as how they're basically writing him as logan, I personally don't see the point of the character. And we differ about logan and scott, I want logan back since he's been gone longer, scott could stay dead for a bit, although I wouldn't complain if he comes back. I would want jean back though. Also, part of the reason I want logan back, besides it being 3 years already, is that his last storyline, not counting soule, was garbage. It's also why I wouldn't complain if they brought scott back so soon. His last storyline is garbage.

Old Man Logan is sticking around because of the massive success of the Logan movie. Its different than OG Logan/Wolverine. Same with Laura Kinney.

If they bring OG Logan back, it defeats the purpose of OML and Laura since OG Logan would be "Logan" and Wolverine. Both of the current Wolverine books have been decent sellers with well narratives.

#1247 Posted by JamesWayne (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: that's one possibility. with that logic though, odinson shouldn't be thor because then there would be two thors. I was reading oml, it's basically logan, exact same personality. Logan could return, oml goes away, logan is wolverine, Laura becomes her own identity. Which would fit her more, because she's not wolverine, wolverine should be about compromise, not finding the perfect solution, but she's so heroic, she always wins without compromise.

Or, if they want to keep laura a wolverine ( and go against the meaning of the character, again, laura is a bonafide hero under Taylor, not wolverine), they could still get rid of oml and just have a logan book. because there's no point, he acts exactly the same as logan. There is no difference between them, except he's a bit weaker, but even then, in recent storylines, he's maybe, maybe a bit weaker, maybe not, at least in his own book. OML is a pointless character at this point. The fact that he sells more than laura should encourage marvel at this point to just return the og to his own book, even if they keep laura as wolverine.

#1248 Posted by GladeusEx (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Not gonna lie, the Peter Parker pitch kinda got to me.

Overall, the X-Men books look solid enough, though the plots will really determine whether they are well remembered runs. In particular, Havok being on X-Force was a nice touch.

That, and the abundance of Marvel Avengers Alliance art was a good bit of nostalgia.

#1249 Edited by JamesWayne (224 posts) - - Show Bio
#1250 Posted by GladeusEx (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameswayne: Oh. That. It was from the video above where Professor Thorgi suggested they put Havok on X-Force. I thought that would be a good touch.

Then again, we have to wait till Secret Empire finally ends...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.