Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men legacy is rubbish now, thanks marvel, thanks very much.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

I picked up X-Men legacy today and it look so bad, I didn't even read the whole story, the artwork is so off putting. They replace the Rogue title for this. Marvel suck.

What do you guys think ?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

I like it. It's different and it's a putting a character in the spotlight that hasn't had enough attention lately. And by doing so, it's the best way I can think of to reflect on the death of Charles Xavier in a special way outside the main X-titles. This feels far more personal.

Don't get me wrong, I miss the Rogue led team too, but we got a good Rogue moment in the last Uncanny Avengers.

benzino_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By benzino_x
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I quite like it

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By time1

@fodigg said:

I like it. It's different and it's a putting a character in the spotlight that hasn't had enough attention lately. And by doing so, it's the best way I can think of to reflect on the death of Charles Xavier in a special way outside the main X-titles. This feels far more personal.

Don't get me wrong, I miss the Rogue led team too, but we got a good Rogue moment in the last Uncanny Avengers.

I mean I like Legion and eveything, but the artwork was so horrible. I mean I don't mind others characters coming into the spotlight and I think that's a good thing. Just as longs as it the title is appealing and interesting.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6  Edited By x_29

It has been getting bad reviews.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Blood1991

Legacy with Rogue was just getting to be bad. Her character needs to go back to her roots and stop being so whiny. Uncanny Avengers is good for her in that regard.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By time1

@Blood1991 said:

Legacy with Rogue was just getting to be bad. Her character needs to go back to her roots and stop being so whiny. Uncanny Avengers is good for her in that regard.

Legacy wasn't great, but it did have some good stories. I like it more that Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine and the X-Men. At times more than Uncanny X-Force.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

totally agree with you here! I'm not a fan of the Marvel Now launch for X-Men Legacy at all. I'm not the biggest fan of Legion, I feel like you had to get really attached to him when he first appeared and I just wasn't at all. However, I did enjoy him when New Mutants relaunched and he was in it as a minor character and I also liked his role in Age of X. That being said I don't really like that the book revolves around him - and the artwork does't really help either. It's to "meh" for me, I mean I'm already not a fan of the story and if I don't like the art it's just all blah! Haha. Anyway, yeah - I won't be picking up anymore copies of this X-Title until either more characters come in or the main focus is on other characters.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blood1991

@time said:

@Blood1991 said:

Legacy wasn't great, but it did have some good stories. I like it more that Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine and the X-Men. At times more than Uncanny X-Force.

It did have some good stories, but Rogue didn't appeal to me there I miss her confidence and hotheadedness and along the way she lost her edge and became very self conscience and unsure of herself. While Legion certainly isn't my choice to be headlining a book I think Rogue is going in a better direction now then she was.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11  Edited By McKlayn

@fodigg said:

I totally agree with this, i will have to agree however the Art is meh at best, also that Rogue was getting a bit whiny & Preachy in the last like 6 issues (pretty much after the schism) Her in Uncanny Avengers is much more like i like her (so far) so i think it's all worked out for the best so far

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By time1

@Blood1991 said:

@time said:

@Blood1991 said:

It did have some good stories, but Rogue didn't appeal to me there I miss her confidence and hotheadedness and along the way she lost her edge and became very self conscience and unsure of herself. While Legion certainly isn't my choice to be headlining a book I think Rogue is going in a better direction now then she was.

I think Rogue was unsure of herself when it comes to relationships, you know, when she started dating Magneto. When she came in battle, she show a lot of confidence and leadership skill. Taking down Psylocke and Kurt, when Proteus took control of them in X-Men legacy. There when the Avengers attack the school. She show a lot of courage, strength and leadership. I do miss the old Rogue too.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tomchu

X-Men Legacy #1 is one of those "either you love it or hate it" issues, but then again, I didn't like Gage's last few issues on X-Men Legacy, I pretty much switched off after Frenzy's Spotlight AvX issue, and collected it for the sake of completion.

I'll pick up a couple of Legion's little run here, I mean, it could be building up to something epic (hopefully). 4 Issues is my standard, the same I gave Gambit before dropping it.

jhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jhole

I've been enjoying it. It's nice to read an xmen book that isn't centred on wolverine or the shambles that was AvX. As for the art it hasn't bothered me at all. People rag on art like this yet say nothing of Romita Jr's, which I found much more distracting in Captain Amerca #1 (particularly his facial expressions and body proportions), or Nick bradshaws which I find too cartoony in Wolverine and the xmen. Also, did anyone read new avengers #34? I'm not sure what they were going for but the whole dr strange fight with a different artist for each page really annoyed me. It just seemed gimmicky and really made me want to put the book down.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By TDK_1997

I still haven't read it but from what I have seen when I went through the pages it looked way better than before.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JohnnyGat

I liked it better when Rogue was headlining

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By AgeofHurricane

This title was profusely worse when 'Ah'm Rogue' was the focus, with Legion and Spurrier, we have something different. Completely different, and it's a magnificent type of different.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Blacharrt1

I love it too, the writing in it is really good. Plus my girl Blindfold is in it.

quatro_briefs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By quatro_briefs

This is an amazing book! It is very ambitious and creative! I love it!

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Twentyfive

Yep. Welcome to NOW! Sucks. Rogue is such an awesome character.

Where is she now anyway?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John Valentine

@Twentyfive said:

Yep. Welcome to NOW! Sucks. Rogue is such an awesome character.

Where is she now anyway?

Uncanny Avengers.

borges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By borges

So, in summary: 'X-men: Legacy is rubbish despite my not having read it.'

Well done.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Twentyfive

@John Valentine: Oh, duh! dang, I can't believe I forgot. But I guess I did because I am not even marginally interested in Uncanny Avengers. The other Avengers and X-Men books, yes, but not UA. Lol.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By John Valentine

@borges said:

So, in summary: 'X-men: Legacy is rubbish despite my not having read it.'

Well done.

I've read it and not a fan. Appreciate how others can like the book and, frankly, it's probably a better end to paper and ink than a lot of Carey's Legacy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give Marvel credit for taking a chance pushing a major title around a character like Legion, but it just does not work IMO. I was not a fan when Legacy became centered around Rogue, but this is not an improvement. It's really early to damn a title but I'm really not sure where they can take this new direction and make it work.

PolarisJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By PolarisJunkie

I've read both forms of Legacy from when Rogue starred and now with Legion. I wasn't really a fan of Rogue's run at all mainly because it never stopped spotlighting her. I've never been a huge Rogue fan either so that didn't help. Legion is def. interesting but its not really clicking yet. I'm giving it a few more issues to see.

However, my problem with Legacy is this. When a book is called X-MEN, I expect a team. Don't really care what the team is but there should be a team. In Rogue's run, it was all about Rogue and her Un-Seen Friends that occasionally raise their hand to speak. Now its a book solely about Legion. I understand its safer marketing wise to call a book X-Men then call it ROGUE or LEGION or something, but its annoying to me to no end and its false advertising.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Brazen_Intellect: Seriously? after two issues?

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Brazen_Intellect: Seriously? after two issues?

Marvel has proven it has a very hard time sustaining a title that is not centered on a major character or franchise. Legacy is no longer an X-Men related team book, but a solo title centered on Legion. X-23 has a far larger fanbase and did not last 2 years, why should I believe one focused on a far less popular and marketed character is going to perform better?

The direction shown has near zero crossover appeal to bring in readers who are not familiar with Legion, a character that has been used sparingly over the past 20 years, and needs all the exposure he can get. This is nothing against the character, just the method in which Marvel is trying to use him.

Legacy should have remained a team book with Legion included and focused on as one of the core roster. If his involvement increased his exposure and fanbase then they could push a solo title once it had a realistic chance to succeed. A title with a relatively unknown character, and not tied to a major event or franchise (other than in a superficial way) is pretty much D.O.A.

I understand that it is very early at only 2 issues in, but there is a lot going against the title and very little I see in terms of potential. I fully admit I could still be proven wrong, but I would place good money on this title either being cancelled or completely revamped over any sustained success.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lykopis

I love this book. It's almost the only thing I feel Marvel is doing right in regards to new directions and whatnot with other titles, new, old or revamped.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Brazen_Intellect well the ideas is that Legion will be taken over from Pro X, I think thats pretty significant to the MU
    chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By chasereis

It would be better if the art wasnt so bad...just my opinion.

C-HAWK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is late, but with the Omnibus that just came out, I was wondering what you guys think of the series now?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@c-hawk: Its ok... 6 or 7 out of 10

C-HAWK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No spoilers please. Was it really adventurous and full of meaning?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@c-hawk said:

No spoilers please. Was it really adventurous and full of meaning?

Lol neco post from hell.

The art is pretty crap but honestly it is a good title for the most part, i enjoyed it ALOT more than i thought i would. Legion is an interesting character and he interacts with some of the lesser seen X men characters which is fun, it was pretty darn adventurous and will play with your mind at points during it. As far as full of meaning, well the ending is so weird i can't really answer that question without spoiling something. If your a fan of the new show (which i assume was why you were interested in this particular obscure title) than i highly suggest you read the comic and i think you will enjoy it

C-HAWK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By C-HAWK

@mcklayn: Thanks for the in depth spoiler free answer. I actually had my eyes on the omnibus before I even knew that the show was coming out. I just love all X-Men characters, and legion just so happens to be the most powerful.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By adamTRMM

It's Spurrier's Legacy we're talking about right? Well I think the art was borderline serviceable, leaning more towards not good rather than good, but still serviceable. With art from Del Mundo, Ward, Rocafort or Foreman the comic would be totally taken to another level, level the writing has totally suggested, but what is is right? It's not like Carey/Gage's Legacy has consistently only had the good artists, hell I'm not even sure Gage had one!

Still, it wasn't a bad read at all and was at the very least a title worth paying attention to. Book had its moments and while being different weren't like this just for the sake of it like many books Marvel publish right now happen to be. And considering it was published during the "dark reign of X" (Bendis/Aaron era) that book can be easily called one of its era's only pinnacles, among Magneto and ANXF.

But in my humble opinion, it still only barely touched on the immense potential Legion has as a character, I didn't like the bending Spurrier put him through for no good reason (why the hell did he have Scottish accent when he grew up in Israel? why all of a sudden he had mentality of mutant activist? why only new sub personalities when there were many established ones? where did they go exactly? etc), but his plots and writing were entertaining and at times even engaging enough to make me want to keep reading. There were highlights, the choice itself of making Legion the POV character of the Legacy title after Xavier died was a pretty brilliant move, but I'd say it still didn't really explore the image and the influence Xavier left on the world. That's where Spurrier was totally losing himself in his own extravaganzas, but with a character like Legion, that would be a given I guess. Regardless, in my opinion this was still a title every X-head has at least to give a try.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.