Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-men Gold & Blue were really Excalibur & X-Factor

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Did anyone else feel like X-men Gold was more like an Excalibur follow-up more than an X-men Gold follow up...
    Like the only X-men Gold aspects were Storm and Colossus.

And X-men Blue felt like 80s X-Factor in modern disguise.
    X-men Blue only had Cyclops, Beast, and I guess a 'Wolverine' in it... in comparison to X-men Blue.

I'm not saying they have to have the same lineup, but I kinda felt it made more sense to name them with the titles that corresponded with their actual line-up and feel. But I guess Blue and Gold is catchy...

P.S.
    Jean is a perfect lead for X-men Red.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Other then their rosters, they have absolutely nothing to do with those two books.

Blue and Gold were shoutouts to the fact that Marvel is going back to classic stat quo's and imagery.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@koays said:

Other then their rosters, they have absolutely nothing to do with those two books.

Blue and Gold were shoutouts to the fact that Marvel is going back to classic stat quo's and imagery.

Pretty much. I feel like we were catfished, cuz they didn't live up to the hype.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: Eh. Gold was......a thing. But Blue was actually pretty good with the exception of the out of nowhere Venom plot.

Honestly nothing from the original Blue and Gold era really needed to be dredged up again. But if you want to get technical X-Men Blue ended with Magneto on Asteroid M setting his Agenda, which is pretty much where X-Men v2 began.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@koays said:

@poisonfleur: Eh. Gold was......a thing. But Blue was actually pretty good with the exception of the out of nowhere Venom plot.

Honestly nothing from the original Blue and Gold era really needed to be dredged up again. But if you want to get technical X-Men Blue ended with Magneto on Asteroid M setting his Agenda, which is pretty much where X-Men v2 began.

Blue was a good read, the Venom run was so stupid but yea i liked the thing over all. Gold was a disappointment but mainly because with a roster like that your expectations are giant and well yea. And your right there is alot of the 90's era that might be better forgotten lol

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

......uuuhhhh......Dang it!!! They pulled the wool over my eyes.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@pyrofn said:

are you sure you didnt just accept what they were feeding you because you wanted it to be true

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @pyrofn said:

are you sure you didnt just accept what they were feeding you because you wanted it to be true

I am pretty sure. If I simply accepted everything, I would've believed Jean would come back from the dead in AvX.

I saw it as two new iterations, rather than the legacy, at least I did after they reveal their rosters.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, didn’t feel like that at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.