X-Men General Discussion

#9001 Posted by Jota23 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23: @lowmagekage: The return comic itself was a big letdown too. The only thing it had going for it was McNiven's art (and even that for only 2 issues). And those horrendous Hunt for Wolverine miniseries, the less said about those the better.

Yeah, it was four issues of farting around and a last issue where we finally learn some things, like the villain's ultimate plan, but we still don't know how Logan came back to life (Persephone thinks it's because of his healing factor, but that's just a guess) or why he has hot claws now.

I thought the climatic battle was fine but, when your 23 issue story about the resurrection of Wolverine ends without explaining how he came back to life, that's a complete failure.

#9002 Posted by Jota23 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

@theinsufferable: I don't know, his art didn't seem that great for those two issues.

Meh, I never liked his art as much as I did in Return. Sure, he's doing a Barry Windsor Smith imitation, but I like BWS much more than McNiven.

I do feel for Declan Shalvey though. He can do much better than he did in that series. He got screwed by coming in late notice and by bad coloring (Laura Martin is way overrated).

It's a shame this is his biggest book to date and that it is the first contact many fans will have with his art. His Moon Night and Injection are amazing!

Avatar image for theinsufferable
#9003 Edited by TheInsufferable (3381 posts) - - Show Bio
@jota23 said:

Meh, I never liked his art as much as I did in Return. Sure, he's doing a Barry Windsor Smith imitation, but I like BWS much more than McNiven.

Well, it's certainly no Weapon X, but BWS himself hasn't done anything in quite a while. An imitation is about as good as it gets right now.

It's a shame this is his biggest book to date and that it is the first contact many fans will have with his art. His Moon Night and Injection are amazing!

I was actually planning to read Injection at some point because it's written by Ellis. Haven't got around to it yet.

#9004 Posted by Jota23 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23 said:

Well, it's certainly no Weapon X, but BWS himself hasn't done anything in quite a while. An imitation is about as good as it gets right now.

I was actually planning to read Injection at some point because it's written by Ellis. Haven't got around to it yet.

I recommend it. It's a trippy mix of scifi with mythology and Headland is already one of my favorite characters ever.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#9005 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

since ive been good lately,,,,,,.....heres something bad lol.......dark hope >:)

@koays@pyrofn

emma is a well-known trouble-maker as of jean calling her out on it

or does she have a habit of going after married/unavailable men???(also that guy in college who was her ex-teacher, he had a gf and emma tried to break them up)

watch out rogue and gambit, u might be next !!!!! hahahahah ha ha

#9006 Posted by LowMageKage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23: I like his art,I have 3 books drawn by him, but his Wolverine in Return just wasn't that great, also speaking of Return, I didn't get the ending! I mean, I couldn't tell what going on, did he kill Persephone in the corridor?

#9007 Posted by Jota23 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23: I like his art,I have 3 books drawn by him, but his Wolverine in Return just wasn't that great, also speaking of Return, I didn't get the ending! I mean, I couldn't tell what going on, did he kill Persephone in the corridor?

No, Persephone was never physically in the space station. Logan was just talking with a hologram.

She's still out there and I think she has the potential to be a good villain. It's just something has to happen in those stories.

#9008 Posted by LowMageKage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23: Oh, thanks. I thought she was disguised as one of those undead soldiers. I don't think we'll ever get any real answers that still remain, the editors/writers will just forget.

#9010 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio
#9011 Posted by Jota23 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23: Oh, thanks. I thought she was disguised as one of those undead soldiers. I don't think we'll ever get any real answers that still remain, the editors/writers will just forget.

It would be funny if, despite not engaging Logan directly, she was in the station and he inadvertently killed her when he destroyed it.

My personal theory about Persephone is that the person we see in the hologram is false and she doesn't have a physical body anymore. Instead, her conscience moves around on the bodies she controls.

#9012 Posted by LowMageKage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23: Sounds kinda like a character in a book I'm reading.

#9013 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: hi u have any interesting pics of "marvel tales x-men #1" (especially with jott?)

i cant find any, anywhere or on youtube

#9014 Posted by PyroFN (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
#9015 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: They are reprints.

oh so nothing special lmao

im starting to hate reprints, not only that but their not worth anything either lolollolololol

but i did like the jean grey reprints when Phoenix Resurrection started, had some jott moments too

#9016 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: also im glad jean and scott are getting back together cause it took jean grey 6 yrs of pinning to finally get scott, i cant see her pinning another 6 yrs for another man lmao .......little jean grey joke

@ursaber *poke poke* hahahahah ha ha

#9017 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: also im glad jean and scott are getting back together cause it took jean grey 6 yrs of pinning to finally get scott, i cant see her pinning another 6 yrs for another man lmao .......little jean grey joke

sorry, I've been a little booked.

what's this all about?

#9018 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:

sorry, I've been a little booked.

what's this all about?

nothing just me be my "ever-so loving self" lmao

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

i also stan loganXemma now hahahahah ha @koays@god_spawn pics from twitter, both real from marvel

#9019 Posted by SabbaVSK (573 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde from an upcoming Marauders book. Art by Matteo Lolli.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Kitty looks sexy af.

#9020 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn While the members of each new X-Men comic team were revealed one by one, Hickman and his editors joked that the new flagship X-Men series would be made up of almost every mutant Marvel fans could think of. But the cover art for X-Men #1 tells a different story. In it, artist Leinil Francis Yu depicts a collection of heroes on the Moon, with Cyclops a.k.a. Scott Summers at the center, with his wife Jean Grey by his side. The inclusion of Cable a.k.a. Nathan Summers, their son may not be completely outlandish, and neither is the presence of their alternate universe daughter, Rachel Summers.

according to screenrant.com......... jean is scott's wife??? o.o

https://screenrant.com/xmen-new-team-marvel-reboot-cyclops/

#9021 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@sabbavsk said:

Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde from an upcoming Marauders book. Art by Matteo Lolli.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Kitty looks sexy af.

dont like emma's chicken wing err arm

#9022 Posted by MrNihal (3369 posts) - - Show Bio
#9023 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: @pyrofn@ursaber@koays just for fun

"How i will defeat scott summers in a battle"(should be on the battle forum )))

just mention jean grey and he is rendered speechless and defeated

No Caption Provided

hahahahaha ha ha

#9024 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn:i know ur not on twitter but dont join it now.........scemma fans are really outrage that it looks like scott is with jean lol

@ursaber hi!!! *poke*

#9025 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio
#9026 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio
#9027 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio
#9028 Edited by marvelfan1992 (3451 posts) - - Show Bio

spoilers for HOX 3 form the x-men reddit

...in which we return to the narrative established in the first issue. Cyclops tells Xavier and Magneto that he's assembled a team of the best of the best who all accept the gravity of their mission to infiltrate Orchis. The X-Men are not taking any Krakoa seeds with them lest the mission fail and Orchis get their hands on them. They have to fly to the Sun and fly out "the old fashioned way." Xavier and Magneto both say something interesting as their parting words to Cyclops--Xavier says, "You're not going to die. I won't allow it." and Magneto responds, "For the righteous can never truly die. They live on. Transformed into something immortal by their mighty works...For you to die, you would have to be forgotten...and no one forgets a founder of a nation." Cyclops tells his team it's "Time to go." The team features the characters we have seen on the cover: Marvel Girl, Wolverine, Archangel, Nightcrawler, M, Husk, but also Mystique. Their mission is to destroy Mother Mold before she comes online and creates Nimrod. Marvel Girl doesn't want any civilians killed in their attack, but both Cyclops and Wolverine accept this may happen. They hop in a Shi'ar cruiser and leave the Moon, heading to The Orchis Forge. The scene transitions to Project Achilles, a Superhuman Supermax prison. Sabretooth stands trial for the infiltration of Damage Control but Emma Frost, Esme, and Sophie arrive to take him back to Krakoa under diplomatic immunity. The humans refuse but Emma threatens them all, letting them know she could kill each of them with a simple thought and they acquiesce Sabretooth into their custody. At The Orchis Forge, Mother Mold is anchored to the station with collars that can be released, dropping her into the sun as a failsafe. Orchis becomes aware that the X-Men are on their way to destroy Mother Mold by taking advantage of this achilles heel. Nightcrawler teleports from the X-Men's ship into the station to perform a brief recon, insuring that their plans of the space station are correct. He has a quick encounter with Omega before hopping back to the X-Men's ship. The ship then lands on The Forge. Erasmus finds the entry point where the X-Men are entering the forge and detonates a bomb, killing himself and obliterating the X-Men's ship in the process. Data pages include a "Sentinel to Nimrod" progression chart, a timeline of Moira's information dump from life 9 to life 10, a summary of what Project Achilles is and how it works, a "Human > Omega Sentinel Process" chart, and finally a Krakoan alphabet cypher. It is noted that the language was created by Doug Ramsay. The actual language of Krakoa is untranslatable to anyone--only Doug can understand it and communicate directly with Krakoa. The cyphers in the back of the issue read: IT WILL BE DONE and SOMETHING SINISTER
#9029 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10683 posts) - - Show Bio

spoiler pic storm and cyclops, not sure which one could be marauders or x-force or even x-men

No Caption Provided

How come I don't get tagged in any of this stuff? -_-

Anyway, I heard this panel was from X-Men....

This looks nice, Storm seems Pissed. I like Scott and Storm working together again.

spoilers for HOX 3 form the x-men reddit

...in which we return to the narrative established in the first issue. Cyclops tells Xavier and Magneto that he's assembled a team of the best of the best who all accept the gravity of their mission to infiltrate Orchis. The X-Men are not taking any Krakoa seeds with them lest the mission fail and Orchis get their hands on them. They have to fly to the Sun and fly out "the old fashioned way." Xavier and Magneto both say something interesting as their parting words to Cyclops--Xavier says, "You're not going to die. I won't allow it." and Magneto responds, "For the righteous can never truly die. They live on. Transformed into something immortal by their mighty works...For you to die, you would have to be forgotten...and no one forgets a founder of a nation." Cyclops tells his team it's "Time to go." The team features the characters we have seen on the cover: Marvel Girl, Wolverine, Archangel, Nightcrawler, M, Husk, but also Mystique. Their mission is to destroy Mother Mold before she comes online and creates Nimrod. Marvel Girl doesn't want any civilians killed in their attack, but both Cyclops and Wolverine accept this may happen. They hop in a Shi'ar cruiser and leave the Moon, heading to The Orchis Forge. The scene transitions to Project Achilles, a Superhuman Supermax prison. Sabretooth stands trial for the infiltration of Damage Control but Emma Frost, Esme, and Sophie arrive to take him back to Krakoa under diplomatic immunity. The humans refuse but Emma threatens them all, letting them know she could kill each of them with a simple thought and they acquiesce Sabretooth into their custody. At The Orchis Forge, Mother Mold is anchored to the station with collars that can be released, dropping her into the sun as a failsafe. Orchis becomes aware that the X-Men are on their way to destroy Mother Mold by taking advantage of this achilles heel. Nightcrawler teleports from the X-Men's ship into the station to perform a brief recon, insuring that their plans of the space station are correct. He has a quick encounter with Omega before hopping back to the X-Men's ship. The ship then lands on The Forge. Erasmus finds the entry point where the X-Men are entering the forge and detonates a bomb, killing himself and obliterating the X-Men's ship in the process. Data pages include a "Sentinel to Nimrod" progression chart, a timeline of Moira's information dump from life 9 to life 10, a summary of what Project Achilles is and how it works, a "Human > Omega Sentinel Process" chart, and finally a Krakoan alphabet cypher. It is noted that the language was created by Doug Ramsay. The actual language of Krakoa is untranslatable to anyone--only Doug can understand it and communicate directly with Krakoa. The cyphers in the back of the issue read: IT WILL BE DONE and SOMETHING SINISTER

OOOH I likes the spoilers yes! :-).

#9030 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3451 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass:finally some action! Although some user there speculated that :

"Not really spoilers, but my speculation.

I'm positive they'll die. The following issues are about Cerebro and Sinister. So I think Cerebro is doing mind uploads and Sinister can clone bodies."

Not a fan of this though, I hope this person is off the mark with his speculation lol

#9031 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: sorry i just post the regulars, and its easy to forget names

ugh i feel koays, pyrofn etc are ignoring me , maybe they did hit the mute button on me lol

#9032 Posted by LowMageKage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this sounds interesting, though I'm still confused with a lot of these team rosters.

#9033 Posted by MrNihal (3369 posts) - - Show Bio
#9034 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio
#9035 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio
#9036 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio
#9037 Edited by God_Spawn (43551 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#9038 Posted by ElPendejo (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to agree with hope on that dress. It’s literally something you’d wear to sleep.

#9039 Posted by SabbaVSK (573 posts) - - Show Bio

Feel the burn.

No Caption Provided
#9040 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio
#9041 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10683 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost was a Boss today.

The way she shut that Human up ha you tell em.

#9042 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10683 posts) - - Show Bio
#9043 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: @pyrofn i dont know if u read the deadpool annual#1(Reilly brown), wade is on top of a roof, and hes humming the x-men theme song from the 90's cartoon

lol

#9044 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10683 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: @pyrofn i dont know if u read the deadpool annual#1(Reilly brown), wade is on top of a roof, and hes humming the x-men theme song from the 90's cartoon

lol

Do you have a scan of it?

#9045 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

lol

Do you have a scan of it?

no i tried looking, maybe @pyrofn can find it, there good at finding pic pages

or u can look it up on youtube, the whole comics there

#9046 Posted by iamre321 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone else have trouble getting House of X 2? I literally went in the day it came out and my LCS said they were sold out by the afternoon, I only ended up getting a 2nd print a week later...

Oh well at least I was able to get the Emma frost variants for a decent price.

#9047 Posted by iamre321 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture@pyrofn@ursaber@mooty_pass

Man feels like forever since I visited the forum...

How's everyone liking house and powers? I like House more , not a huge fan of the whole time travel, mix of mutants thing in Powers...

Also not a huge fan of how the X-men are acting lately, much more Magneto like than before, maybe not as xtreme as rightclops and his run in utopia / uncanny but still this is the ENTIRE team- xavier, jean, everyone...

I'm not sure I like this version of Emma, I like it when she's smug but also sympathetic.

Also this better not mean Scott and Jean are getting back together... I'm gonna be very unhappy if they get back together...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#9048 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

How's everyone liking house and powers? I like House more , not a huge fan of the whole time travel, mix of mutants thing in Powers...

Also not a huge fan of how the X-men are acting lately, much more Magneto like than before, maybe not as xtreme as rightclops and his run in utopia / uncanny but still this is the ENTIRE team- xavier, jean, everyone...

I'm not sure I like this version of Emma, I like it when she's smug but also sympathetic.

Also this better not mean Scott and Jean are getting back together... I'm gonna be very unhappy if they get back together...

I agree the X-Men's behavior has been rather chill/mysterious of late. They have this bliss about them, this non-worry, this certainty about them.

Emma has only been shown once and briefly in the last house when she busts Sabretooth out peacefully. I'd say there hasn't been much shown of her or the other X-Men like Jean and Cyclops to warrant how much they've had a personality alteration.

House is better IMO. I do like the mutants with a composite of powers though. The future timeline however I do not care for.

As for Scott and Jean, IDK. If Hickman ignores UXM 22 then they might not, but if he follows up on that they might. This story is more, status of the mutant race than the relationship drama of the chief X-Man and X-Girl. The romance between X-Men is not the focus of this story.

#9049 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@iamre321 said:

I agree the X-Men's behavior has been rather chill/mysterious of late. They have this bliss about them, this non-worry, this certainty about them.

Emma has only been shown once and briefly in the last house when she busts Sabretooth out peacefully. I'd say there hasn't been much shown of her or the other X-Men like Jean and Cyclops to warrant how much they've had a personality alteration.

House is better IMO. I do like the mutants with a composite of powers though. The future timeline however I do not care for.

As for Scott and Jean, IDK. If Hickman ignores UXM 22 then they might not, but if he follows up on that they might. This story is more, status of the mutant race than the relationship drama of the chief X-Man and X-Girl. The romance between X-Men is not the focus of this story.

yeah i hate to say this has emma and jean ever been in one scene together since jean came back from the dead? there was the one issue in uxm 22, but they didnt talk to each other(emma gave her a annoyed look while jean ignored emma)

scott hasnt left jean's side since uxm 22........at least in my head-canon lmao

dont worry about emma, she can be with sabretooth or magneto lol

hmmm i haven't heard from @pyrofn for a while lol

#9050 Edited by iamre321 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber:

Yeah its a little too quiet... Things are going too smoothly for them... They need to be feared, hated, and oppressed, its what makes the x-men story exciting. Lets face it now that the mutants have come together they have nothing to fear and no enemies powerful enough to pose a threat.

Lets do a headcount:

5 omega level mutants- Jean, Magneto, Iceman, Storm, Hope.

Then you have the near omega ones or just plain powerful- Xavier, Magik, Rogue, Emma, Cuckoos, etc...

Not to mention Vulcan and even freaken Apocalypse himself is joining in one of the next few titles...

Right now if they wanted to they could easily take over / destroy the earth...

So we humans need to destroy them first...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.