X-Men General Discussion

#8951 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10480 posts) - - Show Bio

What a Shame Jubilee was not used more.

#8952 Posted by PyroFN (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I believe those were supposed to be limited series. And I’m not entirely sure about the animated marvel movies. I think the Spiderverse movie that recently came out covers the animation area. X-Men has been absent because of the not-so-Secret phasing out by Marvel until Fox was bought and Marvel was starting to experiment more around this time, which probably explains the drought in animated movies until that Spiderverse movie.

#8953 Posted by AsheTDust (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: The X-men movies have been extremely hit or miss.

Hopefully Disney will be able to raise the overall quality of them.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#8954 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9658 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: @cattlebattle: @mrnihal: @hopesummersforthefuture: I'll finally get to House of X and Powers of X tomorrow.

In the meantime, I just finished the last volume of Uncanny X-Men, I read all the 22 issues this week.

I liked it a lot, it was pretty good, but he last issue felt a bit anti-climactic, they were trying to sell the readers on the X-Men dying and pretty much the mutant race with them, and all that by.....Callahan ? A dude with some Sentinels who the X-Men should overpower anyway.

And the return of all the X-Men who were thought dead came out of nowhere (granted I did not read their adventures on the other dimension). My problem is mainly with the last issue, other than that, this was a very solid run on the X-Men.

One criticism I have though, about the last issue, when Jean came back with all the other X-men from Nate's reality, that was the first time she saw Cyclops and Logan, right ? I know she loves Cyclops, but to so crudely ignore Logan and walk past him as if he was nothing, was extremely rude. Especially considering all their history together.Or had Jean and Logan met prior to that issue ?

we all know for jean scott will always be number 1.........but for scott hes choices are always so hot then cold the next second.........

but im glad to have jott back even if it is rushed, in ur face @ursaber and @pyrofn who want jott "to take it slow" hahahahahah ha ha

#8955 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9658 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn also is scott summers still your favorite even though hes with jean NOW!!! lmao hahahahahaha ha ha

No Caption Provided

lolololl this is u^^^ stun speechless lololol XD XD XP

#8957 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10480 posts) - - Show Bio

Any spoilers for the Next Issue of HoX

#8958 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16625 posts) - - Show Bio

Please use spoiler blocks if you guys are going to drop spoilers in here.

#8959 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10480 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: I KNOW THE SPOILERS!!!!!! But I won't say anything....

#8960 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9658 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: @thor_parker82: @ursaber@pyrofn@koays@theinsufferable@mrnihal i got the inside scoop lol i hope koays didnt block me like he said he was going to lol

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08/06/house-of-x-2-moria-mactaggart-big-secreteverything-changes/

Because tomorrow we will discover Moria MacTaggart’s mutant power, hiding in plain sight. Indeed, she may well be Omega Level and have to be added to the list. It affects what you have read in House Of X #1 as well as the reality if the futures you see in Powers Of X #2.

#8961 Posted by ZariusII (6139 posts) - - Show Bio

That info doesn't do the spoilers I read justice

#8962 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10480 posts) - - Show Bio

i got the inside scoop lol i hope koays didnt block me like he said he was going to lol

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08/06/house-of-x-2-moria-mactaggart-big-secreteverything-changes/

Because tomorrow we will discover Moria MacTaggart’s mutant power, hiding in plain sight. Indeed, she may well be Omega Level and have to be added to the list. It affects what you have read in House Of X #1 as well as the reality if the futures you see in Powers Of X #2.

I read that too from my sources.

And I must say:

No Caption Provided

#8963 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10480 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#8965 Posted by Koays (12218 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know what I'm looking at in that X-Men title....but its beautiful...

Avatar image for theinsufferable
#8966 Edited by TheInsufferable (3289 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: Is that ... Fin Fang Foom? Or is it an overgrown Lockheed?

#8967 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10480 posts) - - Show Bio

@theinsufferable: @koays: These are the Cover pages for the second Issues.

Honestly, I don't know what that is, but it looks COOL!!!! The Marauders cover DAMN SHE look fine.

#8968 Posted by PyroFN (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: Figured Rachel would be in the field. It looks like Quentin is as well for the X-Force. Jean May be monitoring the teams at wherever their HQ is.

Meanwhile, Psylocke is Captain Britain and Revanche is Psylocke. This oughta be interesting.

#8969 Posted by TheInsufferable (3289 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, am I the only one who feels Cyke's stance there looks a bit more like air hump than it usually does?

#8970 Posted by iamre321 (482 posts) - - Show Bio
#8971 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10480 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: Your guess is as good as mine. These covers just came out. So I had to grab them and show you guys.

#8972 Posted by ursaber (10646 posts) - - Show Bio
#8973 Posted by ElPendejo (1740 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i guess Emma is still possibly a villain. Also why does everyone except magik in the new mutants team look like they regressed in age?

@theinsufferable I now can’t unsee it

#8974 Posted by ElPendejo (1740 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Well I don’t know if you know this but that’s Revanche in that costume and Betsy is now captain Britain. But personally I’m glad that costumes back.

#8975 Posted by cattlebattle (17909 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

I dont know what I'm looking at in that X-Men title.

Hentai.

#8976 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9658 posts) - - Show Bio

first, its awesome

@pyrofn@koays@ursaber@theinsufferable@cattlebattle u all see sebatian shaw??? i see OG logan lmao hahahahahahah ha ha ........this is what happens when i didnt get a notification in a day lmao

logan and shaw look-a-like, maybe they are secretly related lololollollollololol *uh-oh what is that moving shadow over there........ ***skirt*** .............. .............. .... ... *

#8977 Edited by Magian (152955 posts) - - Show Bio

They could have kept Betsy as Psylocke and have Kwannon be Revanche but I guess the Psylocke name has been associated with the Asian body for quite some time now and they want to keep it this way. Still intrigued by Apocalypse being in this team. Really curious to know why. That and Marauders I'm more interested in checking atm.

#8978 Posted by SabbaVSK (471 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone read the issue?

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#8979 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5698 posts) - - Show Bio
#8980 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9658 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: @sabbavsk: @pyrofn@ursaber@koays@theinsufferable pssst u can find it for free on youtube, just enter it in the search XD XD

also best line of the week goes to wolverine : "i should've been born with brains!!!" lmao

hahahahahaha ha ha yikes

also it had a good scott moment in it(but im still not buying it, if only it had jott, then i would be like "take my money")

#8981 Posted by ursaber (10646 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: @sabbavsk: @pyrofn@ursaber@koays@theinsufferable pssst u can find it for free on youtube, just enter it in the search XD XD

also best line of the week goes to wolverine : "i should've been born with brains!!!" lmao

hahahahahaha ha ha yikes

also it had a good scott moment in it(but im still not buying it, if only it had jott, then i would be like "take my money")

I liked the beginning part of this issue. With Xavier, Moira, Magneto and Cyclops.

I lost interest when they went to the future.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#8982 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5698 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m just getting fatigued with the info dumps and heavy exposition. Sometimes I just wanna see wolverine cut something or cyclops blast something

#8983 Posted by Koays (12218 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: That's expected (so many characters and with a setting we don't know). But if your into alot of the lore of the Franchise....Nimrod and Phalanx especially it's pretty cool because it redefines and sets them up as "bigger then we thought" enemies.

Plus it's not nearly as much going on in the future this time as it was last issue, so the fact that Hickman really just continued those plots pretty swiftly made it easy to follow even if you just read the last scenes from PoX issue 1

#8984 Posted by Jota23 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: Oh goody! It's a bunch of books I'm not going to buy.

And Wolverine's costume just gets uglier by the minute! Give the guy some uni-color pants, for Christ sakes! I'm so happy we went from a John Byrne design to this!

#8985 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9658 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23 said:

And Wolverine's costume just gets uglier by the minute! Give the guy some uni-color pants, for Christ sakes! I'm so happy we went from a John Byrne design to this!

then again wolverine admitted he wasnt born with brains? lmao hahahahah ha ha

#8986 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9658 posts) - - Show Bio
#8987 Posted by Jota23 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23 said:

No, that's the people writing, drawing and editing him.

This is what fans of the character get after a year-and-a-half return story and that waste of time that was Rosengerg's run: leftovers of Joss Whedon's Wolverine.

Given how much he's trying to be Grant Morrison and Warren Ellis, he could at least imitate their Wolverine.

#8988 Posted by PyroFN (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23 said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:
@jota23 said:

This is what fans of the character get after a year-and-a-half return story and that waste of time that was Rosengerg's run: leftovers of Joss Whedon's Wolverine.

Given how much he's trying to be Grant Morrison and Warren Ellis, he could at least imitate their Wolverine.

Her deal with Wolverine is that he is threat to her ship. She acts the same way with Emma.

#8989 Edited by Jota23 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: She can keep the damn ship! I'd be happy not seeing Logan interact with those two until the sun goes cold.

#8990 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9658 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:
@jota23 said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:
@jota23 said:

Her deal with Wolverine is that he is threat to her ship. She acts the same way with Emma.

wolverine is not a threat especially in the 616

emma on the other had is a threat to jott.........after what scott did and jean forgives him? if i were jean i would have a lot of trust issues with him........and is he telling the truth or lying or just wants what he wants at the moment and changes his mind on a dime

jean need a little revenge on scott, like make him run naked in the halls and eveyone points and laughs at him hahahahahahaha ha ha

#8991 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9658 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: also we heard hickman say jean has a prominent role in HoX but we only saw her for like 4 pages and that was in.........scott however had 8 pages so far

hahahahaha ha ha wolverine had around 14 pages (but some was a future wolverine who aged 100 yrs lmao)

oh great now a wolverine question(take to the wolverine experts) How long is wolverine supposed to live for? 300? 400? 500? yrs lmao @koays@god_spawn

#8992 Posted by Koays (12218 posts) - - Show Bio

When all of a sudden I've become a Wolverine expert....

Wolverines longest canon life spam is Old Man Phoenix Logan from Aaron's Thor who makes it until the end of the universe when all the stars are dying out. So that's billions of years bare minimum.

His most reasonable is Old Man Logan, but he has Adamantium poisoning and a slowed down healing factor.

Then theres Uncanny Avengers and Age of Ultron which have suggested that Wolverine is already hundreds if not thousands of years old and just doesnt know it.

Regardless none of that matters because I'm pretty sure its implied to not be our Logan since Apocalypse calls him "stock" as in hes just a clone or bred mutant using Logan dna.

#8993 Posted by LowMageKage (277 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23: I'm with you, Wolverine is being badly used, from his resurrection, to his current gig with the "Savage Avengers".

#8994 Posted by AsheTDust (1935 posts) - - Show Bio
#8995 Posted by AsheTDust (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Agree with Koays.

The Phoenix Force is clearly what has kept Logan alive until the end of the universe. Why would the PF be with Logan? Who knows. It’s Aaron. He rarely makes much sense. Also he has this PF/Logan obsession of some sort. Remember the Phoenix Force gun?

The Wolverine we see in Powers of X is not prime 616 Logan. He’s a combo clone like the rest of them. Sort of like how Magneto is clearly looks like Magneto but with Polaris’s color in the costume.

#8996 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9658 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture:

I would cover my eyes too! Wolverine isn’t exactly the prettiest looking guy out there!

lmao ..........sold!!

yet scott isnt afraid to look lololololololololol this is why fans(not me ) stan loganXscott lololll XD XD XD XP

#8997 Posted by Jota23 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23: I'm with you, Wolverine is being badly used, from his resurrection, to his current gig with the "Savage Avengers".

You know, I actually had a tiny bit of hope Marvel wouldn't ruin his return. This could have been a opportunity to refocus the character. After coming back, Logan would take some time to evaluate where he fit in world. So, he would go on solo adventures, doing his own thing, and that would be his only book for at least a year. Only then would we start to think about him joining a team.

Or, maybe, if he's going to immediately join a team after his return, it could be one where someone, anyone, cared about him coming back!

Instead, he comes back for the most pointless run in the x-books history, in a team where no one cares that he's been resurrected, because all his friends are in a freaking alternate universe. And then, when they come back, the next run starts 5 months after that, so we never see any reaction. What a great payoff for the last two years!

He was also thrown headfirst into an Avengers event, of course, where, wait for it, nobody cared he was back, except for one person: Iron Fist. F*cking Iron Fist is the only person who has shown the slightest interest in how Logan came back and how he's doing! For Christ sake's!

#8998 Edited by LowMageKage (277 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23: Agreed, and him suddenly becoming Cyclops right hand man was a bitter pill to swallow, and that pointless Infinity Watch crap, these jokers don't know how to write him or what to do with him. I think that Marvel Presents is probably the only place where we can find a proper Wolverine, but from what I hear that is probably ending soon.

#8999 Edited by TheInsufferable (3289 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23: @lowmagekage: The return comic itself was a big letdown too. The only thing it had going for it was McNiven's art (and even that for only 2 issues). And those horrendous Hunt for Wolverine miniseries, the less said about those the better.

#9000 Posted by LowMageKage (277 posts) - - Show Bio

@theinsufferable: I don't know, his art didn't seem that great for those two issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.