X-Men General Discussion

#8901 Posted by ursaber (10700 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashetdust: freddy who? Betsy who? Unless Betsy is Psylocke?

#8902 Posted by AsheTDust (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber:

Pyslocke and Blob. The best new couple to come out in years.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

How can you not love those long lingering gazes!

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#8903 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9731 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashetdust:

@ursaber said:
@koays said:

@ursaber: All of it yes. We just need to see if/how Hickman got us to this point. (The pods that Scott and Jean crawled out of being a possible answer)

Jean and Scott were the ones who crawled out of those pods in HoX 1 at Xavier's presence?

whaaaaaat? great now i have to reread that thanks a lot

hahahahah ha ha that pod thing is copied by the matrix lmao

and i dont like pods cause they have to be naked

maybe like all the x-men died then got turned to clones lololololololololol lol

its going to be something weird like everyone is related to xavier

#8904 Posted by ursaber (10700 posts) - - Show Bio
#8905 Posted by AsheTDust (1936 posts) - - Show Bio
#8906 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9731 posts) - - Show Bio
#8907 Posted by iamre321 (509 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I mean it makes sense. Like genosha or utopia, but with a natural defense.

#8908 Posted by cattlebattle (17992 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Krakoa shot into space??

#8909 Posted by Koays (12558 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Plus it's where the X-Men really became the X-Men. Giant Sized #1 is where it all began

#8910 Posted by ursaber (10700 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@ursaber: Plus it's where the X-Men really became the X-Men. Giant Sized #1 is where it all began

neat, didn't recall that, that's one hell of an homage from Hickman's part

#8911 Posted by HAWK2916 (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: not sure why Krakoa was the choice. I would have thought maybe Tabula Rasa or even Genosha but its fine

Avatar image for theinsufferable
#8912 Posted by TheInsufferable (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

The infographics on House of X are beautiful!

It's something of a signature style for Hickman. He's done it other comics as well. CBR did an article about the language, and decoded some of the words used in the issue.

#8913 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9731 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: @cattlebattle

@hawk2916 said:

@ursaber: not sure why Krakoa was the choice. I would have thought maybe Tabula Rasa or even Genosha but its fine

hey koays, ur famous, koays sounds like krakoa lmao haha

#8914 Posted by Koays (12558 posts) - - Show Bio
#8915 Posted by ursaber (10700 posts) - - Show Bio

@theinsufferable: @hopesummersforthefuture: @hawk2916:

Actually, thanks to @koays telling me, the reason Hickman might have chosen Krakoa is because its where the X-Men as we know them began in Giant Size X-Men. Krakoa featured there.

It stands in line with Marvel saying this story will push the X-Men to the future while respecting and acknowledging the past.

#8916 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9731 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: its Koays, like Koys, pronounced Koise, like Toys.

Smh

koalas? just kidding........ i was pronouncing ur name like koo-cos (lol i was way off )

for my name i wanted something so u can tell i was a xmen fan, and hope was my second favorite at the time, now she is in like 5th or 6th place lol

if u take out "summers" then its just like "hope for the future" kinda hopeful lol positive

@ursaber i dont like krakoa, didnt he try to suck out the x-men life force to feed itself? it was the bad guy, now that it is a mutant, they give it a second chance, well if they gave magneto numerous chances, whatever

Avatar image for theinsufferable
#8917 Posted by TheInsufferable (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

if u take out "summers" then its just like "hope for the future" kinda hopeful lol positive

More like a Paul McCartney song for Destiny, but whatever.

#8918 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9731 posts) - - Show Bio
#8919 Posted by ursaber (10700 posts) - - Show Bio
#8920 Posted by Koays (12558 posts) - - Show Bio
#8921 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9731 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:
@ursaber said:

@koays@ursaber@pyrofn@god_spawn@mrnihal@ashetdust looks like cyke got his eye back, in this panel ......hooray

No Caption Provided

IF that is Cyke

Could be anyone. Nate Grey and Cable have glowing one eye's as well

For them it's the other eye that glows

first, he has brown hair, cable has white or young cable has brown/white hair

second when cable's eye glows, it glows yellow or white not red(like cyke)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#8922 Posted by ursaber (10700 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: @koays:

thanks for the info

but until Hickman explicitly states or reveals that Cyke and Jean were the ones in that panel coming out of those pods, its still up in the air

#8923 Posted by God_Spawn (43569 posts) - - Show Bio

Why was I tagged in this?

#8924 Posted by cattlebattle (17992 posts) - - Show Bio
#8925 Posted by Koays (12558 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays@ursaber@pyrofn@god_spawn@mrnihal@ashetdust looks like cyke got his eye back, in this panel ......hooray

No Caption Provided

I thought this panel was Vulcan being, uh, "resurrected". I mean, he was presumed dead and it seems he is going to be joining the X-Men again in the future Hickman stuff, and his eyes are always glowing.

Yea but the Red head comes out right next to him, and on the other side is someone who could be bobby.

The ending line of "To me my X-Men" seems pretty telling (if a little over obvious) that it's the O5

#8926 Posted by PyroFN (7205 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: What about the long-haired brunette in the pic? Miscoloring?

#8927 Posted by ursaber (10700 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:
@cattlebattle said:

No Caption Provided

I thought this panel was Vulcan being, uh, "resurrected". I mean, he was presumed dead and it seems he is going to be joining the X-Men again in the future Hickman stuff, and his eyes are always glowing.

Yea but the Red head comes out right next to him, and on the other side is someone who could be bobby.

The ending line of "To me my X-Men" seems pretty telling (if a little over obvious) that it's the O5

But Xavier says that line to any of his X-Men teams

whatever I guess, Hickman will reveal everything soon enough with the course of this series

its good that this new story and status for the X-Men has sparked so much discussion and anticipation

#8928 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9731 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@koays said:
@cattlebattle said:

No Caption Provided

But Xavier says that line to any of his X-Men teams

whatever I guess, Hickman will reveal everything soon enough with the course of this series

its good that this new story and status for the X-Men has sparked so much discussion and anticipation

OK o.0

new theory, if krakoa has every mutant dna, and can now make fully grown bodies, what if that new kitty/colossus girl who we thought was kitty/colossus kid from the future is just krakoa made it using their dna???

krakoa can make mutant kids too, so like if all the mutants die, he can just make new ones lol

#8929 Posted by Koays (12558 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: that's my thought....I mean they did forget a whole Cuckoo.

#8930 Edited by cattlebattle (17992 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: @ursaber: @pyrofn: @koays:

1. I thought it was brunette, no?? I can't tell. Jean appears several pages later with quite obvious, bright red hair.

2. While Xavier does famously say that in the first issue of X-Men, he has said it to several other groups of X-Men throughout history, and has more so just become a catchphrase. Some people are speculating that it's not eve really Xavier under the helmet.

3. I assumed that perhaps the pods have something to do with the Omega levels considering they are said to be a "natural resource" Vulcan is an Omega. Vulcan is also heavily tied to Krakoa considering his origins.

4. I also considered that perhaps the pods have something to do with bringing characters back to life and the brunette could be Moira. Maybe SInister is tied in with this somehow. We know he will be playing a big part somewhere down the line.

5. In Hickman's scripts in the director's cut the name of the mutant Xavier is reaching out to is blacked out....weird if that is just supposed to be Cyclops. It also just says "the mutants" and not the names of the o5. Seems Hickman would be more descriptive about that stuff.

Dunno. Probably wrong about everything. Fun to speculate though

#8931 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9731 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: @ursaber: @pyrofn: @koays:

1. I thought it was brunette, no?? I can't tell. Jean appears several pages later with quite obvious, bright red hair.

2. While Xavier does famously say that in the first issue of X-Men, he has said it to several other groups of X-Men throughout history, and has more so just become a catchphrase. Some people are speculating that it's not eve really Xavier under the helmet.

3. I assumed that perhaps the pods have something to do with the Omega levels considering they are said to be a "natural resource" Vulcan is an Omega. Vulcan is also heavily tied to Krakoa considering his origins.

4. I also considered that perhaps the pods have something to do with bringing characters back to life and the brunette could be Moira. Maybe SInister is tied in with this somehow. We know he will be playing a big part somewhere down the line.

5. In Hickman's scripts in the director's cut the name of the mutant Xavier is reaching out to is blacked out....weird if that is just supposed to be Cyclops. It also just says "the mutants" and not the names of the o5. Seems Hickman would be more descriptive about that stuff.

Dunno. Probably wrong about everything. Fun to speculate though

No Caption Provided

this one? im guessing the people crawling is bobby, scott, jean and warren

#8932 Posted by Koays (12558 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle:

1 the shot right before that has her crawling out next to Scott with red hair.

2. I actually have thought that it wasnt Xavier as well, but I'm hoping it is since it would really be the less interesting plot if he wasnt Xavier and this is all a lie.

3. Yea, I believe it's possible that Vulcan is tied to this, because of his and other Ressurections weve seen so far in the series....but it would be so random that we go to from shots of X-Men all over the world, to the first shot of Xavier and then hes with Rando mutants calling them his X-Men. It could be a red herring, but I'm starting with the obvious till we get more info at least on the Pods.

4- Yea Hickman listed Sinister in his top 5 characters so I wouldnt be surprised if cloning is a part of the story as well.

5- You know your actually right about that because in the page notes for the Cuckoos he goes out of his way to describe the 5 figures and then adds that they are the Stepford cuckoos despite not really having to note that there.....i kinda love that the addition of the creator notes actually adds alot of mystery to this as opposed to giving us hints that we can easily figure out.

Safe to say every time I go back I feel like I know less, and that's a big change from the last 5 years or so. Heres hoping they keep this level intrigue and dont ruin it with solicits.

#8933 Posted by cattlebattle (17992 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays

1. The hair color still looks sort of brown in the image you're talking about. Granted it could be washed out since it is supposed to be wet and gooey. Again, Jean appears several pages later with quite an obvious, and more fiery red hair than the pod woman

3. Well, we don't know what will happen. Perhaps the pod mutants are Vulcan, Elixir and some random mutants. Perhaps they're new characters, perhaps they are completely insignificant. It's just that they really don't look much like the o5 considering nobody is blue (beast) and nobody has wings (Angel) and Jean doesn't have brown hair and Iceman has brown hair where the kid on the left has blondish hair. It's possible that the guy with red glow to his eyes is supposed to be a misdirection.

5. Well that's what really lead to me to believe it's Vulcan other than his eyes just glowing as opposed to shooting a beam of energy. The name is spoiler tagged and the other characters are just called mutants and not specifically delineated when Hickman is shown to be rather descriptive, plus, it's sort of a giveaway that the maybe the X-men aren't really the X-Men if the first thing you see is them breaking out of pods looking like weird zombies that have just been reborn.

#8934 Posted by ursaber (10700 posts) - - Show Bio
#8935 Posted by Koays (12558 posts) - - Show Bio

Winddancer is depowered and Firestar is like the filthy stepchild of the X-Men......seriously the only mutant X-Fan's care less about is Justice.

#8936 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9731 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

Winddancer is depowered and Firestar is like the filthy stepchild of the X-Men......seriously the only mutant X-Fan's care less about is Justice.

but sophie cuckoo is alive

why cant other mutants who lost thier powers get it back? windDancer used to date julian who dated x-23, aww love triangle

#8937 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9731 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: @ashetdust: @mrnihal@elpendejo @ @koays: @cattlebattle: my new theory is bishop hooks up with emma frost cause emma likes to go after jean's exes lmao hahahahaha ha ha (cause their on the same team together lol)

or emma can help bishop win jean grey back LOL o.0 (shock face<<<)

No Caption Provided

#8938 Posted by cattlebattle (17992 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Elixir is listed on the large Uncanny roster, Hellion maybe as well, WInd Dancer and Firestar....not so much.

#8939 Posted by HAWK2916 (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: @cattlebattle:

1. I assumed with hair color thing that the 1st page where they're coming out of the pods might have been Jean and Scott. And then the next page gives us close up zoom in to show its Scott. Then the rest is just other mutants. I thought the brunette could even be Kitty or Moira.

Krakoa was shot into space but I thought seeds or something were left on earth. In one Excalibur story I think Nightcrawler had to deal with Vega who was Krakoas "son". Seeing as how Krakoa fed off of mutants maybe these are hive minded pod mutants controlled by Xavier or Cassandra Nova or even an evil Fantomex Xavier hybrid or the Maker from the Ultimate universe

#8940 Posted by HAWK2916 (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

I also wonder if the miracle drugs being offered are somehow turning humans into mutants technically. Or at least adding their consciousness to the hive mind or having them be more susceptible to being controlled by Xavier. Maybe Orchis becomes the last refuge for baseline humans who dont take the cures.

Also maybe its just coloring or whatever but someone pointed out that the, i guess we'll call it a tree or habitat where the Xmen pods hatched is darker like the "No place" habitat whereas the others are lighter green in color. It may be reading too much into it. The picks for gateways is also interesting with Westchester, Savage Land, Blue area of the moon and Mars being sihnificant to the Xmen history (though im draeing a blank on Mars right now) and Jerusalem and DC being significant seats or power or at keast the respresentation of it thoughout human history. I wonder if more gateways will be discovered and if any possibly lead to other universes. And if these are pod people then where are the Xmen and other mutants? If mutants are being reborn then will we get a variation of what I feel is one of Claremonts best story ideas as far as potential but one that was never told in 16 million, which was supposed to be the aftermath and response to the Wild sentinel massacre on Genosha?

#8941 Posted by MrNihal (3371 posts) - - Show Bio
#8942 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9731 posts) - - Show Bio
#8943 Posted by MrNihal (3371 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#8944 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10704 posts) - - Show Bio
#8945 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9731 posts) - - Show Bio
#8946 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

ugh, scott's hair looks so mopey and sad.........while cap's hair is freshly comb and everything is in place lmao

Cap is just Goodie To Shoes that's all.

#8947 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16716 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: @cattlebattle: @mrnihal: @hopesummersforthefuture: I'll finally get to House of X and Powers of X tomorrow.

In the meantime, I just finished the last volume of Uncanny X-Men, I read all the 22 issues this week.

I liked it a lot, it was pretty good, but he last issue felt a bit anti-climactic, they were trying to sell the readers on the X-Men dying and pretty much the mutant race with them, and all that by.....Callahan ? A dude with some Sentinels who the X-Men should overpower anyway.

And the return of all the X-Men who were thought dead came out of nowhere (granted I did not read their adventures on the other dimension). My problem is mainly with the last issue, other than that, this was a very solid run on the X-Men.

One criticism I have though, about the last issue, when Jean came back with all the other X-men from Nate's reality, that was the first time she saw Cyclops and Logan, right ? I know she loves Cyclops, but to so crudely ignore Logan and walk past him as if he was nothing, was extremely rude. Especially considering all their history together.Or had Jean and Logan met prior to that issue ?

#8948 Posted by slimlim (362 posts) - - Show Bio

One criticism I have though, about the last issue, when Jean came back with all the other X-men from Nate's reality, that was the first time she saw Cyclops and Logan, right ? I know she loves Cyclops, but to so crudely ignore Logan and walk past him as if he was nothing, was extremely rude. Especially considering all their history together.Or had Jean and Logan met prior to that issue ?

Yes, technically Jean and Logan did meet shortly after his own resurrection. This was covered in the Return of Wolverine mini series. The first instance Logan was under some kind of mind manipulation so he was actually attacking the X-Men, so although technically they met, it might not be considered a true meeting. But when the series wrapped, they showed that Logan did go back to the Xavier school. So although they don't actually show it, it's kinda implied that he probably said hi to old friends but chose not to stick around.

BUT even if they had never actually met since both their resurrections... c'mon. Scott and Jean have been through so much more together. Known each other since teens. Death. Rebirth. Marriage. Betrayal. Death again. Good times and bad. I think its perfectly reasonable that she made a bee-line straight for her husband (ex-husband?) and didn't stop to say hi to anyone else along the way.

#8949 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16716 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimlim said:
@thor_parker82 said:

Yes, technically Jean and Logan did meet shortly after his own resurrection. This was covered in the Return of Wolverine mini series. The first instance Logan was under some kind of mind manipulation so he was actually attacking the X-Men, so although technically they met, it might not be considered a true meeting. But when the series wrapped, they showed that Logan did go back to the Xavier school. So although they don't actually show it, it's kinda implied that he probably said hi to old friends but chose not to stick around.

BUT even if they had never actually met since both their resurrections... c'mon. Scott and Jean have been through so much more together. Known each other since teens. Death. Rebirth. Marriage. Betrayal. Death again. Good times and bad. I think its perfectly reasonable that she made a bee-line straight for her husband (ex-husband?) and didn't stop to say hi to anyone else along the way.

I see, I still have to catch up with Logan's resurrection.

I know, but to completely ignore Logan and not tell him a single word even after she went straight for Scott and kissed him was a little too unbelievable for me, though I did love Emma's disappointment face, I'm glad at anything that makes her mad.

#8950 Posted by ursaber (10700 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.