X-Men General Discussion

Avatar image for theinsufferable
#8851 Posted by TheInsufferable (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Those points are pretty much why I'm saying she was mishandled. Her being a mess after Scott's death for a while is understandable. What isn't understandable is the mess her character's writing has been since Scott's death.

oh also no one upset havok is dead? and he doesnt even get a funeral??? wth? and he was rosenberg's favorite character , that is messed up

Well, the thing about shock value deaths is that they lose their shock once you start doing one each issue.

#8852 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: @pyrofn: @koays: @marvelfan1992: @mrnihal:

I know the X-Men are really tire of taking sh**, but they're being way too over-hard on Emma. Emma Frost who helped and save them and made genuine efforts for them. Even if they don't like her, she deserves some semblance of respect and gratitude.

@theinsufferable but she killed a blimp full of new inhumans, trick the x-men into going into war with the inhumans, controlled magneto's head so he would fight the inhumans, gave the cure for mutants to a general

she will sell-out the mutants to save herself.....

she doesnt get into trouble, she just rans away, havok saved her from medusa and transported her to safety

oh also no one upset havok is dead? and he doesnt even get a funeral??? wth? and he was rosenberg's favorite character , that is messed up

Havok, Rahne and Magik won't stay dead for long. No X-Men does.

Who cares about the Inhumans.

Won't excuse the cure part

#8853 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3454 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: wait Magik died? Where lol i don't recall seeing her die o.0

#8854 Edited by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: wait Magik died? Where lol i don't recall seeing her die o.0

she was left in her Hell Limbo all transformed

at present she's MIA or presumed dead

#8855 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3454 posts) - - Show Bio
#8856 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio
#8857 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3454 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@marvelfan1992 said:

@ursaber: was this in war of the realm?

No, in the past couple of issues of UXM

oh right when she broke the crystal. Can't believe I forgot about that lol

#8858 Posted by Jota23 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want a Wolverine solo series, one where he's actually the main character, not like that Infinity Watch horeshit, one where he's a fucking badass and away from the X-Men and the Avengers, that way no one can complain about him hogging the spotlight.

I agree a 100%.

So, how many issues you think that'd go, until idiots started complaining there's to much Wolverine in that book?

#8859 Posted by Jota23 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, it's obvious from the previews that Xavier is mind controlling everybody. This will look like a Utopia in the beginning, then the bad things Xavier did to create it will come back to bite him and the X-men in the ass, yadda yadda yadda... This is boring.

#8860 Posted by LowMageKage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23: One Wolverine series with him there and no where else, no X-Men or Avengers, his own rogues, hmm...issue one, maybe not even that is when those cunts will start coming out of mommy's basement and start whining.

#8861 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10683 posts) - - Show Bio

The place where Jean and the Children arrive.

Could that be the Place Ex-Nhilo lives?? Where Mars is Terraformed?

#8862 Posted by JeannieH (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23: @lowmagekage Yeah, what is this deal about Wolverine being a supporting character in the entire Uncanny X-Men. I hated the way they handled his character and gave Scott everything.

I want the old wolverine back!!

#8863 Posted by JeannieH (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

I know the X-Men are really tire of taking sh**, but they're being way too over-hard on Emma. Emma Frost who helped and save them and made genuine efforts for them. Even if they don't like her, she deserves some semblance of respect and gratitude.

I agree. Scott is seen barking at her- "Get out of my head, Emma" or "Shut up Emma". Jeez, that is an omega level mutant who is in love with you. The least he can do is have a talk with her.

#8864 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeannieh said:
@ursaber said:

I agree. Scott is seen barking at her- "Get out of my head, Emma" or "Shut up Emma". Jeez, that is an omega level mutant who is in love with you. The least he can do is have a talk with her.

Or give her one last ride before moving on lol

But seriously, they should not be so rough with Emma, for all her faults, she is a devoted X-Man

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#8865 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@jeannieh said:
@ursaber said:

But seriously, they should not be so rough with Emma, for all her faults, she is a devoted X-Man

No!!!! emma only cares about emma first, emma wants whatever she wants and will do dirty tricks to get it, even sell out the "mutant cure" to save her own butt

#8866 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@jeannieh said:
@ursaber said:

No!!!! emma only cares about emma first, emma wants whatever she wants and will do dirty tricks to get it, even sell out the "mutant cure" to save her own butt

Its a great butt

#8867 Edited by LowMageKage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeannieh: Well, I was talking about Wolverine: Infinity Watch, which was advertised as a Wolverine book, but it felt like it was more Loki and Random Dude Who's Name I've Forgotten, and Wolverine was like a secondary character in his own book.

It was a fucking travesty.

As for Uncanny, it's an ensemble book, but yeah Scummers just gets to come back and lead the X-Men, Rosenberg and White are nothing but giant cunts.

Also I agree with the dude above, she has a great ass and a nice pair of tits.

#8868 Edited by PyroFN (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: I’d like to see you withstand torture and not do whatever you can to survive. 100 days with no Jott. Only Scemma. No breaks either.

#8869 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: I’d like to see you withstand torture and not do whatever you can to survive. 100 days with no Jott. Only Scemma. No breaks either.

well i would survive cause we already have jott apart for 12 years, last time i checked there are 365 days a year times 12 is 4380

#8870 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3454 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture how about a year without obsessing over Jott on CV? lol

Any news from Comic Con for X-Men? I saw something about a Dawn of X?

#8871 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture how about a year without obsessing over Jott on CV? lol

Any news from Comic Con for X-Men? I saw something about a Dawn of X?

LOL

no the big news of "dawn of x" is july 20th Saturday

#8872 Posted by PyroFN (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Not in comics. Period. No Jott, period. No talking about it, no thinking about it. Just Scemma. That is your punishment.

#8873 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Not in comics. Period. No Jott, period. No talking about it, no thinking about it. Just Scemma. That is your punishment.

hahahahaha heck no

also looks like marvel is doing a white wash and ignoring the earlier problems jott had,.........looks like jott is back together for good........do i hear wedding bells next for a second marriage??? hmmmmm LOL

#8874 Edited by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture said:
@pyrofn said:

hahahahaha heck no

also looks like marvel is doing a white wash and ignoring the earlier problems jott had,.........looks like jott is back together for good........do i hear wedding bells next for a second marriage??? hmmmmm LOL

Did ya see that Jean is referred to as Mrs. in the House of X images?

Isn't Mrs. used when regarding a married woman?

Ms. is for female in general, but Mrs. is for when said woman is married.

Could Scott and Jean have reinstated their marriage? Too early to tell and it can be a typo. But if its not, its a curious wording instead of that boy calling her Missus as opposed to Mrs.

Doesn't Jean's long death in New X-Men/HCT and then Scott's in IvX pretty much declare the marriage, as the vow said "till death do us part", make it invalid or something?

Ah who cares about legal terms, these are reality bending world saving back from the dead like it was nothing superpowered mutants.

#8875 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@pyrofn said:

hahahahaha heck no

Did ya see that Jean is referred to as Mrs. in the House of X images?

Isn't Mrs. used when regarding a married woman?

Ms. is for female in general, but Mrs. is for when said woman is married.

Could Scott and Jean have reinstated their marriage? Too early to tell and it can be a typo. But if its not, its a curious wording instead of that boy calling her Missus as opposed to Mrs.

Doesn't Jean's long death in New X-Men/HCT and then Scott's in IvX pretty much declare the marriage, as the vow said "till death do us part", make it invalid or something?

Ah who cares about legal terms, these are reality bending world saving back from the dead like it was nothing superpowered mutants.

i wouldnt mind if jean and scott got married again, cause it could show other couples who split up, can find their way back together(ie peter/mj or hawkeye/mockingbird or storm/BP, or hank pym/janet, etc )

:D

#8876 Posted by PyroFN (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

said:
@pyrofn said:

hahahahaha heck no

Then by my ruling, you have no room to judge Emma because you cannot handle being tortured out of your mind the way she was. In essence
No Caption Provided
#8877 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:
said:
@pyrofn said:

hahahahaha heck no

Then by my ruling, you have no room to judge Emma because you cannot handle being tortured out of your mind the way she was. In essence
No Caption Provided

Good burn

#8878 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

i wouldnt mind if jean and scott got married again, cause it could show other couples who split up, can find their way back together(ie peter/mj or hawkeye/mockingbird or storm/BP, or hank pym/janet, etc )

:D

In the case of Peter and MJ, they were broken up by evil editorial and devil deals.

Storm and BP are better off apart, they were only shipped together for being black superheroes.

Who cares about Hawkeye and Mockingbird

Hank Pym and Janet RIGHTFULLY split up. The dude bitch slapped her in the face. That is an instant out. Plus Hank is still merged with Ultron and Janet has moved on just fine.

#8879 Edited by LowMageKage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: That was one time! Damn, you do something out of character once and then that's all you're known for. Didn't Mister Fantastic also once slap his wife? Where's the outrage for that?

#8880 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: That was one time! Damn, you do something out of character once and then that's all you're known for. Didn't Mister Fantastic also once slap his wife? Where's the outrage for that?

when did Reed hit Sue?

and regardless, Hank and Janet are better off without each other, they're not a landmark couple in Marvel anymore

not like Peter MJ, Reed Sue, Bruce Betty, Jean Scott, etc

#8881 Posted by LowMageKage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I'll give you Peter and MJ, and Reed and Sue, but Banner and Ross? When was the last time they were together? Summers fucks around with any psychic chick any time Grey's back is turned.

I don't remember where I saw it.

#8882 Edited by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowmagekage said:

@ursaber: I'll give you Peter and MJ, and Reed and Sue, but Banner and Ross? When was the last time they were together? Summers fucks around with any psychic chick any time Grey's back is turned.

I don't remember where I saw it.

And if you don't remember or provide proof of Reed hitting Sue, don't bring it up as a valid argument.

Have you read Immortal Hulk, they're pretty much back. But yeah, they're no longer high tier like Peter and MJ.

No Caption Provided

Summers only has three major love interests, Jean, Maddie and Emma. Jean as proven to be ascendant over all the others, she was never really dethroned. From the latest issue of UXM.

No Caption Provided

#8883 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio
#8884 Posted by LightingJack (1712 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan on x men tell yeah

#8885 Posted by LowMageKage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: It happened, the hell should I bring proof.

Anyway, don't on what that fat cunt Rosenberg did, it's possible Hickman may or may not undo it, apparently he is going resurrect the mutants killed by Rosenberg.

#8886 Posted by iamre321 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeannieh: @ursaber: I really hate the way they've been treating Emma, if it weren't for her they wouldn't be alive. Even Logan was treating Emma better in New X-men and Scott wtf... like she's sacrificed and been through so much with him and now he's just treating her like this...

#8887 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@jeannieh: @ursaber: I really hate the way they've been treating Emma, if it weren't for her they wouldn't be alive. Even Logan was treating Emma better in New X-men and Scott wtf... like she's sacrificed and been through so much with him and now he's just treating her like this...

She might be double handed sometimes but in those issues when they were extremely in the deep end, she saved them all.

Simply put, she doesn't deserve the attitude Scott and Logan have given her. Even if they are pissed off.

#8888 Posted by LightingJack (1712 posts) - - Show Bio

It was awesome

#8889 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio
#8890 Posted by Koays (12530 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Uncanny is over. The interpretation is just that humanity got comfortable not moving forward, but the world, and the mutants, didn't and so the status quo of mutant relations is now different.

#8891 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@ursaber: Uncanny is over. The interpretation is just that humanity got comfortable not moving forward, but the world, and the mutants, didn't and so the status quo of mutant relations is now different.

Uncanny ended in that fashion? Looks like Hickman completely and perhaps purposefully omitted Rosenberg's UXM.

humanity got comfortable not moving forward, but the world, and the mutants, didn't

humans got lazy, but mutants continued to advance?

#8892 Posted by Koays (12530 posts) - - Show Bio

Rosenberg's run, and everything pretty much since X-Men Red ended (possibly earlier do to Magik's team and Xavier's return) was designed to set up for Hickman. They've discussed this in interviews. X-creative for the pass year and change has been directed to getting things in position for this run.

Basically but more directed at mutant human relations. Humans were comfortable with the status quo and not fixing the bigotry and hatred in the world, mutants finally came up with a solution to eliminate the back and forth struggle

#8893 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: thanks for the info

so Scott and Jean's moment, the X-Men team in X-Man's dimension, Cyclops' ragtag X-men group, its all, shall we say, canon, valid?

#8894 Posted by Koays (12530 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: All of it yes. We just need to see if/how Hickman got us to this point. (The pods that Scott and Jean crawled out of being a possible answer)

#8895 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@ursaber: All of it yes. We just need to see if/how Hickman got us to this point. (The pods that Scott and Jean crawled out of being a possible answer)

sorry to burst ur bubble but jordan white said powers of x #2 and house of X #4 were very good..........im assuming it has jott in it

i will not buy HoX 1 cause it has no jott in it, alos has too much cuckoos(all the cuckoos are alive somehow?!?!?!?)

#8896 Posted by Koays (12530 posts) - - Show Bio
#8897 Posted by ursaber (10689 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

Jean and Scott were the ones who crawled out of those pods in HoX 1 at Xavier's presence?

#8898 Posted by Koays (12530 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: It looked like the O5 an Scotts eyes kinda confirm it for me

#8899 Posted by AsheTDust (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture:

I’m fine with Jott. It’s way better than the ship of Jishop they were teasing.

Of course even Jott pales in comparison to the true power couple of X-Men couplings: Betsy and Freddy! We shall call them, Breddy. Or maybe Blobsy. One of those.

#8900 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@koays said:

Jean and Scott were the ones who crawled out of those pods in HoX 1 at Xavier's presence?

whaaaaaat? great now i have to reread that thanks a lot

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.