Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men General Discussion

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @hopesummersforthefuture said:

@jhazzroucher: @ashetdust@ursaber marvel top 6 love https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/6-of-marvel-s-greatest-love-stories?linkId=63900654

qwen and peter

storm and black panther

rogue and gambit

aww no jott

haha no scemma

Yeah, Gwen and Peter HELL NO! That is a long dead insignificant romance that holds no candle to the iconic redhead in Spider-Man's life.

Remember something, the only meaningful thing Gwen ever did was DIE!

lol

how do u feel when people/fans refer to Gwen as jean/ peter as scott/ MJ as emma frost???

they say Gwen like jean are boring "wallpaper" grrrr

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

how do u feel when people/fans refer to Gwen as jean/ peter as scott/ MJ as emma frost???

That is an accurate statement. Gwen does resemble Jean from that time and Emma is a voluptuous, flirtatious, adventurous spirit much like MJ was and is. Regardless, its still different situations and scenarios.

But Gwen never returned from the dead or was a superpowered mutant. And she was boring as wallpaper. She didn't even have a career interest. All she was was a love interest for Peter. That's why she is only remembered for her death. That is the most interesting thing she ever did.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

lol

That is an accurate statement. Gwen does resemble Jean from that time and Emma is a voluptuous, flirtatious, adventurous spirit much like MJ was and is. Regardless, its still different situations and scenarios.

But Gwen never returned from the dead or was a superpowered mutant. And she was boring as wallpaper. She didn't even have a career interest. All she was was a love interest for Peter. That's why she is only remembered for her death. That is the most interesting thing she ever did.

and later had twins LOL

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

lol

and later had twins LOL

DON'T. JUST... DON'T!!

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8458  Edited By PyroFN  Online

@ursaber: I love learning about lore for the Phoenix. (Mostly for its aspects regarding Jean)

Rob did wonderfully explaining it. He kinda fumbled in explaining what he meant when he said that the White Phoenix is still a person and could be defeated. I got what he was saying though and obviously I agree. If the person doesn’t understand the powers they possess (I.e. Hope Summers in AvX) then they can’t tap into the Phoenix full powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@ursaber: I love learning about lore for the Phoenix. (Mostly for its aspects regarding Jean)

Rob did wonderfully explaining it. He kinda fumbled in explaining what he meant when he said that the White Phoenix is still a person and could be defeated. I got what he was saying though and obviously I agree. If the person doesn’t understand the powers they possess (I.e. Hope Summers in AvX) then they can’t tap into the Phoenix full powers.

If there's one thing Rob is good at, its explaining LOL

Its ironic that the Phoenix Force, one of the most powerful cosmic entities and forces in the multiverse with virtual omnipotence has been found to have an extremely glaring weakness: it needs a host.

Truly, if the Phoenix were ever to conform an identity for itself, like say, it has pieces of all its previous hosts personalities and this emerges the Phoenix Identity, it would be the most powerful being in the Multiverse. Greater than Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion, Death, Galactus, maybe even the Living Tribunal.

I would say Beyonder and the Beyonder race would be its only rival IMO.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:

I get it now,he's such cap. fascist fan,spent half the video about how a pure soul cap is.(yeah i know the MCU one)

Come again?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8464  Edited By cattlebattle
    No Caption Provided

1. Fox is still better at posters and promo material than Marvel is. This actually looks cool where Marvel just usually has heavily airbrushed images of solo characters photoshopped into a big group.

2. I hope Jean isn't just going to wear a trench coat when she becomes Dark phoenix, trenchcoats in super hero shit was something done all the time in the 2000s, it's probably a nod to X3, which is dumb, because everyone hates that movie.

3. The two characters on the bottom right are Red Lotus, who was just some goon from the X Treme X-Men days and the female is Selene lol, I am not joking. They are to be part of Magneto's new Brotherhood.....or is this his first Brotherhood??

Although I usually defend Fox X-men movies their biggest offense will always be taking lesser known, but great characters and completely shitting on them and what made them interesting in live action (Deathstrike, Callisto and now, Selene etc). She will likely just have the same name as her though.

Looks groovy otherwise.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That poster is beautiful......I mean really all of the promo images for this movie have been, but like this is like something you would see for special edition comic covers...I'm genuinely impressed.

Lol that's not Selene,...it's not......it BETTER not be.

It's funny because I remember going online before i was really into fandom stuff and seeing people rant about Callisto in Last Stand and just thinking "so what?" NOW, i'm genuinely angry with what wastefulness this would be.

The frick is a Red Lotus?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

That poster is beautiful......I mean really all of the promo images for this movie have been, but like this is like something you would see for special edition comic covers...I'm genuinely impressed.

Lol that's not Selene,...it's not......it BETTER not be.

It's funny because I remember going online before i was really into fandom stuff and seeing people rant about Callisto in Last Stand and just thinking "so what?" NOW, i'm genuinely angry with what wastefulness this would be.

The frick is a Red Lotus?

It is nice, and Magneto wearing the helmet is a nice touch as well. In the Marvel posters nobody ever has a mask on, which bothers me sort of in a geek-care-too-much-about-manchild-shit sort of way seeing as the characters they are portraying all notoriously wear masks, in fact, they are most identifiable because of their masks. I digress though.

The character's name is "Selene". I am sure she will be Selene in the same way Callisto from X3 was Callisto, if you know what I mean.

This guy

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Yea I get that with the marvel posters too. It's like after the first movies it slowly became "we need to make sure everyone sees Chris Evans' face". I mean I'll give them points for star recognition since it's pretty easy to associate Evans and RDJ as their characters now even if the poster is just their faces, but if you took this X-poster and had someone draw it as a cover, it would instantly fit in an be identifiable as X-Men, where as some of the promo work MCU movies would look more like they were for a book called "Blonde Man stairs solemnly at angry Bearded man".

But I mean really, as far as Selene is concerned, I get that shes not Apocalypse, but she cant be that far down from Shaw on the relevant potential villains list. I mean I consider her an Exodus at least having interesting enough powers an backgrounds for a role as a spinoff movie villain.

Oh....Red Lotus....that guy....who the frick is he???

Seriously, my one big gripe with these movies is that they dont really build the world around the comic characters. I mean even ignoring the story potential, if I'm picking people for Magnetos little band of mutants I'm thinking Frenzy, Cortez, or Avalanche just to give a sense of who they are supposed to be in this world. But hey...at least Calistto dressed like Calissto....ish.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: 1. Yeah, I get why they do it. The average person likely recognizes the actor over the hero they are playing, for instance my sisters just know Chris Pratt as "Chris Pratt with laser guns" as opposed to "Star Lord". I just think it's weird considering how the heroes they are playing always wore masks and how masks are and always have been a huge centerpiece of super hero fiction.

2. Selene's weird though. Is she a magic villain?? Is she a mutant?? Is she something else entirely?? The comics have never seemed to know, I wouldn't expect the people who make these films to know either.

3. Red Lotus had a twin sister and was a bodyguard for.....I want to say Seabstian Shaw?? I don't remember. Anyways, yeah, he was a bodyguard in X-Terme X-Men way back in the early 2000s. I have no idea how, out of all characters, they wound up with him.

4 I don't have a problem with the lack of world building. Honestly, the X-men is an extremely convoluted franchise with dozens of important characters and dozens of important stories that personally effect certain characters more than they do others. Attempts at worldbuilding would most likely end up in a clusterfuck in terms of film making in a lot of ways. I think how the X-Men films have been taking certain characters who are very complicated and interesting, and casting great actors to play them, and have them mash it out on screen has worked fine. Maybe it's because I am older but I could watch a thousand scenes or Fassneto stabbing people in a bar while finishing his beer or giving a speech about he has been at the mercy of men taking orders over a team of heroes just punching robots and aliens for 25 mins. I think outside of their really messed up timeline the way they handled things has been fine, but honestly the timeline and continuity in the comics are messed up anyways so I guess it really is accurate ;D

When it comes to characters they use, Singer said once in a commentary, I think for X2, that they like to use characters with different types of powers that look interesting on screen. That's why they use characters that seem random or alter character's powers like they did with Shaw, Riptide, etc. as opposed to just using "well known characters", like that's why the Hellfire Club had Azazel and Riptide as opposed to Leland, whose powers are more peripheral and Pierce, who just has a robot hand. So, the decision they make comes more from a standpoint of film making, rather than X-men fandom, which is how this stuff comes to us ultimately.

LOL, Callisto looked nothing like comic Callisto. They both wore chokers though, so, I guess there is that.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: 1. Yea, plus sometimes the helmets look awkward. With the Exception of Ironman and Hulk everyone else might look a little clunky with their mask in certain imagery. I never really got with Starlords mask and Cap has maybe one that doesnt look awkward at certain angles. I can get why it might seem better to just put a face that can fully emote for them instead of having to reshoot a different angle for a shot wear Caps mask doesnt look like it fits too loose. Plus it's not like all these characters are Batman level where if you put the actor on the poster instead of Batman people wouldnt have a clue what was going on.

2-Lol I'm just saying shes a really old shadow themed "mutant" vampire. Just saying she could make at least a great lieutenant. I mean if you wanted a villain with a blank slate and cool powers as an opponent I'd keep her in the back pocket as a great fresh face for the team fight.

3- Lol..no seriously. Who is Red Lotus? I refuse to believe they looked at the roster of beloved characters and pulled a Hellfire goon out of the hat. Though I guess since google tells me has....martial arts powers....then it gives Mystique someone to fight.

4. Lol see I'm not even looking for a big "this is your comics on screen" type of world building. Just that the same way the original trilogy had Mystique and Pyro as Magnetos sidekicks throughout the films and then we get First Class which showed (for better or worse) Mystiques origin and how she joined him.

Like yea Mystique has next to nothing to do with Magneto in comics. But if your at least putting together your villain in the places they should be so if you wanna tap it for comic stories later you can do that or continue telling your own original stories but without wasting say Psylocke by giving her a background role as a brotherhood mutant with knife powers or whatever they did.

Hey if they put that outfit on comic Calisto it would fit just as well as her squid arms did.

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8470  Edited By Mizerous

Selene will be what Emma was in FC a henchwoman who likely dues.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I poster it on Cyke foum couple of hours ago,wished it was a nine.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:

@ursaber: I poster it on Cyke foum couple of hours ago,wished it was a nine.

8 is sufficient.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: 1. In the poster I imagine they can use some sort of shop if the masks look weird, in live action they do sort of look jenky sometimes, most of them are CG in some capacity anyways. The funny thing is people have been crying about the X-men costumes for 20 years and they still haven't found a way for goofy super hero costumes to look cool in other media.

2. You're thinking like a comic fan though. You're just like "yeah, dude, she's a mutant vampire". People not privy to this stuff will be confused..."So, is she a mutant, or a vampire??" "Isn't the main character from Underworld a vampire named Selene?? Is this a crossover!?" I don't know, Selene is a good villain but not high on the priority list to be honest.

3. I think it said in a leak or maybe it was in a trailer that someone had like a whip or something....could be this guy. And yeah, Claremont had a bad habit of being rather uncreative with a lot of mutant powers "This guy just has superhuman physical abilities." That happened a lot I recall. Callisto, Vargas, Jenny Ransome, Sabretooth, Crimson Commando list goes on...

4. I think a lot of stuff gets flubbed in the creative process. The continuation of the First Class story was messed up because Singer wanted to do his own thing with the old cast, and they had to cobble t together with the new cast to make as much sense as possible in DoFP.

In the case of Psylocke, I think it was mentality and judgemental attitude of the fanbase that wanted more comic book accurate stuff like costumes and characters and they sort of put Psylocke in there to appease people. Singer should of just ignored this crap and stuck to his guns and made his own thing. Though I don't know if he really would of wanted to do anything with Apocalypse in the first place considering he is pretty much a big blue monster man that wants to take over the world to an extent. The character was sort of too cheesy for the world Singer established.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8476 PyroFN  Online

@ursaber: Okay, that is funny and incredibly stupid. Points taken from Fox for that horrible decision. The Olivia Munn thing, not a terrible way to invite an actress to audition, terrible way to hire. Needless to say, Olivia was dedicated to the role and do really well with her parts.

Now, as for Sophie herself saying there were better actresses, that is not a good thing to quite. Sophie saying that there are better actresses is a show of meekness, humility. Whether she means or it not is moot because the point of the matter is: She was a good Jean Grey. The Studio May be utter crap, and for the most part they are, but Sophie is really good Jean Grey and I highly disagree that she looked bored in the movie and believe hat is merely him trying to make an excuse for the MCU to take over and make everything all hunky dory.

Thanks for sharing, but no thanks to the channel. He has a strong bias for the MCU. While I like the MCU a lot and am very hopeful for their take on the X-Men, I am not staking my reputation preaching how Disny will magically make everything all better as if there will never be a day where they will trip up.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@ursaber: Okay, that is funny and incredibly stupid. Points taken from Fox for that horrible decision. The Olivia Munn thing, not a terrible way to invite an actress to audition, terrible way to hire. Needless to say, Olivia was dedicated to the role and do really well with her parts.

Now, as for Sophie herself saying there were better actresses, that is not a good thing to quite. Sophie saying that there are better actresses is a show of meekness, humility. Whether she means or it not is moot because the point of the matter is: She was a good Jean Grey. The Studio May be utter crap, and for the most part they are, but Sophie is really good Jean Grey and I highly disagree that she looked bored in the movie and believe hat is merely him trying to make an excuse for the MCU to take over and make everything all hunky dory.

Thanks for sharing, but no thanks to the channel. He has a strong bias for the MCU. While I like the MCU a lot and am very hopeful for their take on the X-Men, I am not staking my reputation preaching how Disny will magically make everything all better as if there will never be a day where they will trip up.

Sophie can be good but I do not believe for a second that she was the best choice for Jean Grey. It makes sense she was chosen due to her popularity and her Game of Thrones act. I'd rate her Apocalypse acting at about average. While she was not bad, she was not outstanding either. It was generic and not memorable.

Marvel Studios may or may not revitalize the X-Men brand but I do not believe the MCU will do a worse job than what Fox is doing right now.

Regardless its out of our control, Fox's marvel properties will be going back to Marvel Entertainment and the X-Men will be restarted again for the MCU.

Let's just hope they do a good job.

A pity about New Mutants. I was actually interested in seeing a superpower horror type movie.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle:

1. True, though I imagine it may have just become regular practice at this point to avoid the cost on top of everything else by just telling the actors to look pretty for the pictures rather then having to go back to fix something that's still awkward in the final product.

Though in the grand scheme of things the X-Men may get the most complaints about their costumes on screen, I almost died when I rewatched the Avengers recently and saw Captain America running around in that bright blue outfit that seems awkward even when the only other thing in the imagery is New York City.

2. Lol Yea maybe right. But I mean unless we keep redoing Mags, Sentinels and hate groups we're going to eventually need a silly enemy. I mean *sigh* when the MCU takes over it's likely going to be an obscure but powerful mutant as an enemy for the team anyway. Hopefully they'd edit someone like Selene to fit the image they want...though were more likely to get Matthew Malloy in that case.

3 Claremont has his moments most definetly. He wants to tell his dam story and he doesnt care what Byrne draws the Imperial Guard doing. I think he even says as much in one of the Phoenix saga colletions. But dam if it didnt take me a long time to realize Calisto had no serious powers.

4. See while I agree that First Class being immediately followed by DofP probably hurt the franchise in the long run, it's still pretty solid on it's own as a prequel to what was established.

The X-fanbase is toxic. I mean I accept that even among the informed moderate fans people who nitpick and over complain are the norm. But people have over complained about the movies to the point its hard to say what wouldve pleased them. I mean even ignoring the MCU factor people have been saying since X1 to get closer to comic books and yet the most cooky comic book villain of all the X-Men villains (yes including Mojo) is the thing that may have ruined the series.

It's actually almost thread worthy to discuss what Singer wouldve done different if he didnt have Apocalype as a villain or if he just did something different and more true to the movie verse in that last movie.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

1. Yeah, haha, Captain America's costume is awful. He's basically wearing flag pajamas. They should have redesigned that get up a long time ago. It looks goofy whether it's animated, drawn or in live action. I should mention I am biased though and I just dislike the character altogether anyways as he is just a propaganda character that espouses the whitewashed "ideals" of America and throws a big frisbee. I honestly can't fathom why people like him.

2. Well, you could reinterpret characters to be more serious, or just use characters differently. Like outside of Magneto and hate groups you could do something with another generation of the Inner Circle with maybe Shinobi Shaw trying to take revenge for his father's death, or the Marauders, or Shadow King/Cassandra Nova, or some amalgamation of Morlocks, Gene Nation and the Neo as a group of mutants who are outcasts or sub species of mutants. There are options outside the goofier characters.

3. Yeah, I never liked a lot of the characters having the same powers, especially superhuman physical abilities. It just made being a mutant seem awesome instead of scary. Like wouldn't everyone want to be a mutant if you just manifested Captain America's abilities??Since Callisto was originally very gaunt and thin and it was hinted that she had been a model before, I just thought it would have been cool if her mutant power was something to do with her metabolism and it made her frail, so she trained in combat to make up for weakness or something.

4. I never understand the criticism of the X-Men movies. I mean, there are ones that are legit awful but people will slander them for not being accurate at all and praise the Marvel films for not being accurate at all. It's weird. Also, the X-Men films started, influenced, and survived an era when most comic films were awful. They basically set the standard for the do's and don't's when adapting. Chrostopher Nolan even said he took the X-Men films into account when adapting Batman. No appreciation from these normies.

I think Singer wanted to stop with DoFP, and judging by the ending of that film he intended to. But it was probably money and the offer to work with new actors (and young men -___-) that drew him back. He may not have been the best director, or the biggest X-Men fan, but he was a great idea man. He would always showcase powers to be used in different ways than what had been shown in the comics, I mean, I never really gave a shit about Blink until they used her in DoFP and had her portals be more like rips in reality that could be used for offense or to increase her team mates offensive maneuvers. Good stuff.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle:

1. Lol hes classic idealistic American propaganda you can be proud of I get why they like him....I for one though would never pick up a Cap book....but that's just because I dont care for or about him.

Honestly Caps costume changes every movie because someone realizes it's still odd. But that ridiculous bright blue one from the first Avengers movie hold is it's own Beast. Its actually hilarious to see people taking him serious while hes wearing it.

2. Well a reinterpretation of Selene or Exodus is basically what I want. But really it's interesting that between The Gifted (sigh) and Legion theyve tried alot of that already. The big screen will be cool to examine.

3. See Calisto is interesting because her being a superhuman (despite her appearance) adds so much to her fight with Storm. But as a Morlock you can't justify "I look skinny" as a reason you are outcasted from the surface. Idk I like the powerset, but among X-Men its ridiculous how many "not quite super strength" people we have".

4 Absolutely. I mean honestly X1 and 2 are great films to me, I loved watching them as a kid. Reading the comics at the time was great because it felt like more of that. But as I grew as a fan and read more and more of the source material I realized that the very framing device of the movies is so dramatically different from what the comics of the time were that it's insane. I mean for as creative as comic writers are, what Singer did stands out as being as ground breaking for the franchise as some of the best X-runs.

Lol whatever drove Singer back, (money acclaim....a brand new ice cream truck to lure...i mean feed youngsters) it's clear that they weren't allowing him to be as creative as he was allowed before. Nothing about that movie really feels like what hed done before in content or tone and its telling that it's so obvious that executive meddling was a factor.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The merger is happening!! :D

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8483  Edited By cattlebattle

@koays: 1. It's dumb though. He'll say dumb things like "I stand for American ideals, freedom and liberty". Two of those things are platitudes, lots of countries have freedom and liberty, well, western countries do, so, he is promoting western supremacy I guess. Then what American ideals is he standing for?? A country whose foreign policy is basically "Bomb Isreal's enemies" and act as the world police, or, is he standing for 1940's American ideals, where not everybody had rights?? I don't know, as you can tell, this is a whole thing for me.

2. I can see them having Selene is maybe someone who just controls inorganic matter, and maybe can drain someone's vitality to appear younger, saying that she can "drain life forces' might be to tenuous of an explanation in the X-Men films, definitely no magical shenannigans. Exodus is meh to me honestly. I have never cared for the character. I had always thought that the Grey bloodline was so special and powerful due to the TP, TK combo they have....which also led to them being perfect hosts for the Phoenix Force....then this doofus showed up and tanked that concept. Also, if your name was Exodus wouldn't make more sense if you were a teleporter?? Oh yeah, his outfit is dumb too.

3. Eeeeh, Storm was sick and dying from Plague's touch in that fight. So, it would have been fine if Storm bested Callisto while sick, but Callisto also being a super fighter just makes that whole sequence more ridiculous and seems like more Strom wank. Claremont gonna Claremont, I guess.

Anyways, it's not just Callisto was skinny, it's that she would look like she had Mafran syndrome or something, also, her face was scarred up and it's mentioned that a lot of the Morlocks who were more normal looking had been altered by Masque to become more of an outcast. I know you didn't probably didn't read that arc and just looked at the pictures because Cyclops wasn't in it, well he was, but he was trying to screw a girl that looked his dead ex girlfriend because he's a weirdo, but still.

4. The only ones that are really bad are X3 and Origins. The Wolverine is ok but gets sort of cheesy towards the ending and Apocalypse isn't as bad as people say it is, it could have been a lot worse. That's a pretty good track record all things considered. And even when the movies are bad there's still at least something salvageable from them, like casting, a specific scene, or the score.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I to find an 8 to be acceptable, would personally have been a 9...but im obviously biased so 8 is most likely very fair

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I to find an 8 to be acceptable, would personally have been a 9...but im obviously biased so 8 is most likely very fair

Its good enough. With him coming back to life and getting his groove back, he may jump to a 9. Even Jean Grey doesn't have a 10. She's a solid 9. Wolverine is the only X-Men 10.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

~Walks in~

....did Hope just tell me Cyclops shouldve warn Mexican hate for Halloween???

~walks out~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Wolverine is a 9 by new sage.Also wolverine is also an avenger,fantastic 4,guardian,savage avenge etc etc etc.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:

@ursaber: Wolverine is a 9 by new sage.Also wolverine is also an avenger,fantastic 4,guardian,savage avenge etc etc etc.

New Sage is wrong on that one.

Wolverine has been a pillar of the modern Marvel Universe forever. He was even AT Peter Parker's birth. He has literally been a part of nearly every major superhero team ever.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This new X-Men movie is gonna be good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Didn't have much of a influence on storyline though, he was just all over the place.

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When was Wolverine ever a Guardian?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8493  Edited By ursaber
    Loading Video...

@hopesummersforthefuture: @pyrofn: @hawk2916: @del_torro: @jhazzroucher:

@mizerous: @mrnihal: @LordMordor: @cattlebattle: @theinsufferable: @koays:

Disney Marvel will take charge of Fox on March 20th.

TBH, not a fan of Disney now owning so much Marvel property. However Fox has not been doing the best job in its main X-Men films since Apocalypse with Deadpool being their only good. But at the same time, Marvel Studios has done a stellar job with the MCU and I'm sure whatever X-Men movie they drum up will have quality.

Also, say goodbye to R Rated Deadpool as Disney Marvel has no interest in going R Rated. Dark Phoenix will still release but New Mutants' status is up in the air.

Forge_Bust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8494  Edited By Forge_Bust

@mrnihal said:

@ursaber: Didn't have much of a influence on storyline though, he was just all over the place.

As if Spider-Man made a HUGE influence on team comics, who is quite equal to Wolverine in terms of appearances. I am Wolverine was more influential than Spider-Man . There are actual events events where he made quite an actual influence on comics. I can name bunch of events from 80s to 00's. But for last years his appearances were only made just for some BS return.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:

As if Spider-Man made a HUGE influence on team comics, who is quite equal to Wolverine in terms of appearances. I am Wolverine was more influential than Spider-Man . There are actual events events where he made quite an actual influence on comics. I can name bunch of events from 80s to 00's. But for last years his appearances were only made just for some BS return.

I don't disagree. Wolverine is a massive cameo character and one who not only appears in various other comics, he's also prominent in the history of Marvel. He was even there when Peter Parker was born.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Fox didn't do so great with it and honestly Marvel should have control over the properties that they originated and developed. As long as we get good stuff I don't care who's in charge but Fox has proved they can't do it

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going through my stuff and found drawings from when I was 10 and became an X-fanatic. The movies were meh and Xmen evolution was okay, but nothing to fanboy over (better Cartoons like spiderman TAS and fantastic four were shown on Saturdays). Then I found Claremonts run in the school Library and went crazy .

So anyways, here are the drawings of a 10 year old nut.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I was going through my stuff and found drawings from when I was 10 and became an X-fanatic. The movies were meh and Xmen evolution was okay, but nothing to fanboy over (better Cartoons like spiderman TAS and fantastic four were shown on Saturdays). Then I found Claremonts run in the school Library and went crazy .

So anyways, here are the drawings of a 10 year old nut.

I love these! The margins of most of my schoolwork were also lined with X-Men blasting their enemies :)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't what this is, well, I do know what it is, it's a video game obviously but I don't know anything about it other than that. I saw this on another site randomly and I just thought it was cool to see Warpath in a thing other than a background cameo in alternate media. He was in the DoFP film but he essentially served as a character to get murdered repeatedly by Sentinels.

Loading Video...

Begs the question as to why Warpath doesn't get used more often?? Out of all the X-men powerhouses he has more going for him than just being super strong. He's fast and and agile and all that other good stuff.

Guy should be used more.

Just sayin'

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.