Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-men Friendship Database

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Silver_Raven

Can we create a resource for people to see the many friendships characters have with one another.

All we to do is pick a character. Name as many of their close friendships as you can. And maybe describe why it works or why would like to see it again, if it hasn't been touched upon recently. Let's remind everyone what made the X-men so exceptional.

And people can add to other people's lists by just quoting them and expanding on it.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitty and Storm -very close friends that had a child-mother type feel at first but has evolved into more of a lil sis-big sis relationship. Sadly they rarely share any conversations or have bond anymore. *Hopefully Brian Wood can remedy that in his book*

Kitty and Wolverine -another very important person in Kitty's life and one that gave Kitty great stories and development. I like their former daughter-father like bond. I feel when she decided to join him at the school it recaptured some of that familial love. But with Kitty all grown up she is much more of a lil sis now to his big bro.

Kitty and Magik -they had a very close friendship and shared so much. They were almost like sisters but because of the events of Inferno and then Illyana dying their relationship has not been seen since.

Kitty and Cypher - before Cyper realized her was a new mutant, he and Kitty were nerdy friends who loved computers. It was also hinted that he might have been attracted to her but nothing came of it.

Kitty and Karma -they became really close when they both left the X-teams and were in Chicago together working at a college. Even though Karma might have had unrequited affection for Kitty, and Kitty just lost Colossus, they were the very close and supported one another.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

No Caption Provided

This is probably one of my favorite friendships in comics, especially considering how much Storm disliked Rogue initially, even going so far as threatening to quit the team if Rogue was allowed to join.

But after the fateful day that Storm lost her powers taking a shot that was meant for Rogue, they've forever after always had each other's back.

No Caption Provided

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I think I saw more of a friendship in the Animated Series than in the comics proper. But I am sure they have one but it isn't explored enough.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I think I saw more of a friendship in the Animated Series than in the comics proper. But I am sure they have one but it isn't explored enough.

yeah, they used to have one in the comics, but I think around the time they were split between the blue and gold teams, everyone just forgot that. In retrospect, it seems kind of arbitrary and stupid that Rogue wasn't on Storm's team then. Or most of the blue team, for that matter. I'll never understand why the teams were split up that way.. was it ever even explained?

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Silver_Raven

Storm

+Wolverine

They had a great friendship built on mutual respect and understanding. They also make a great couple too when they want to.

+Jean Grey

Storm's BFF, they were so close and had so many great moments together. They were Gold.

+Colossus

These two were really great together and had lot of affection for each other. Like sister and brother.

+Nightcrawler

I feel these two had a intellectual friendship with a lot fun flirting and playfulness.

+Shadowcat

When Kitty first joined Storm really took her under her wing and the two became really close and sadly we have seen so little of their bond over the years.

+Psylocke

Betsy i feel has taken over the BFF role with Storm. They have been tight ever since the Morlock Massacre and over the past few years they have really grown and have each other's back.

+Gambit

These two are thick of thieves. Great friendship, and similar to her's and Nightcrawler's. But I wonder sometimes what more could have been if they had met when Storm was an adult.

+Yukio

The bad ass ninja who helped Storm break out of her shell and embrace another side of herself. You can thank Yukio for the punk look and the storm-hawk.

I also think Storm has many other friends out in the Marvel Universe but we never really get to see those stories but i can see her hanging out with Captain Marvel, Spectrum, and Invisible Woman.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wolfsbane and Moonstar: they have a amazing friendship in the original New Mutants series. While Rahne was in her lupine form Moonstar could communicate with her telepathically which bonded them!

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992: Yeah, they were like the Storm and Kitty of the New Mutants. I really wish they could be reunited some day soon. They have both been through so much and it would be nice to see that friendship shown again.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@papad1992: Yeah, they were like the Storm and Kitty of the New Mutants. I really wish they could be reunited some day soon. They have both been through so much and it would be nice to see that friendship shown again.

G-d knows Wolfsbane needs some clarity in her life... poor girl! I'd like to see the other original New Mutants come to help her mourn... even if they didn't know about her son!

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Silver_Raven

Who are Gambit's friends?

Besides Storm who else does Gambit have among the X-men that he can talk to.

In his supporting books the only friends he has are Courier and Fence.

Would Marrow, Bishop, Sage, Sunfire, and X-23 count as possible friends?

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psylocke

+Storm =sisters in arms

+Dazzler-bfff's for life

+Wolverine =Japanese culture appropriators unite!

I can't think of anyone else...

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that's just his only friends outside of the X-men, which is probably the main reason that Gambit always comes back to the X-men.

He's been shown to be pretty good friends with Storm, Wolverine, Jubilee, Rogue, the Beast, and more recently, Karma, and Cecilia Reyes. Like many (maybe most?) classic X-men, he's definitely somewhat of a loner who's only real family is the X-men.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver_raven said:

I think that's just his only friends outside of the X-men, which is probably the main reason that Gambit always comes back to the X-men.

He's been shown to be pretty good friends with Storm, Wolverine, Jubilee, Rogue, the Beast, and more recently, Karma, and Cecilia Reyes. Like many (maybe most?) classic X-men, he's definitely somewhat of a loner who's only real family is the X-men.

Well Rogue is an on and off again ex, so not much friends. And where have Wolverine and Gambit been shown as friends? On the same note how far back do his relationships with Karma and Cecelia? Because they seem like they are close teammate than real friends.

I can totally see Jubilee and Beast being close to Remy.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Rogue is an on and off again ex, so not much friends. And where have Wolverine and Gambit been shown as friends? On the same note how far back do his relationships with Karma and Cecelia? Because they seem like they are close teammate than real friends.

I can totally see Jubilee and Beast being close to Remy.

That's a fair point about Rogue, I guess.

As I said about Karma and Cecelia, that's more recent, since they've been on the Astonishing team together. Something I actually like about that team is how central Gambit seems to the group dynamic, even without being central to the stories themselves. In some ways I see him taking on the role that Wolverine had on the classic team.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Magneto have any friends? Now that Xavier is dead who else does he have left?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

@silver_raven:

Storm

+Wolverine

They had a great friendship built on mutual respect and understanding. They also make a great couple too when they want to.
    + The two really have much to teach each other and can easily be the new parents of the X-men. They deserve it over Scott & Emma imo. I believe they compliment each other pretty well.

+Jean Grey

Storm's BFF, they were so close and had so many great moments together. They were Gold.
    +The two consider themselves sisters. Storm was even there when Jean died the first time.

+Colossus

These two were really great together and had lot of affection for each other. Like sister and brother.
    +Yes! Great mention with the brother/sister mention. She even called him her brother.

+Nightcrawler

I feel these two had a intellectual friendship with a lot fun flirting and playfulness.
    +Yes. He even had a crush on Storm. The two were the most spiritual and soulful of the X-men.

+Shadowcat

When Kitty first joined Storm really took her under her wing and the two became really close and sadly we have seen so little of their bond over the years.
    +Storm used to consdier Kitty as her daughter. Certain things split their closeness. Although Kitty and Storm are more colleagues than anything now days.

+Psylocke

Betsy i feel has taken over the BFF role with Storm. They have been tight ever since the Morlock Massacre and over the past few years they have really grown and have each other's back.
    + Agreed. Psycloke and Storm are probably bestfriends at this point. Storm was even there when Psylocke died. :(

+Gambit

These two are thick of thieves. Great friendship, and similar to her's and Nightcrawler's. But I wonder sometimes what more could have been if they had met when Storm was an adult.
    +These two are wildcard when alone together. ANYTHING can happen and they both know it. Even when Rogue was with Gambit. In X-treme X-men Storm stripped down and skinny dipped in front of Gambit and made out with him. Romance and flirtaion aside, they have a unique understanding not to many x-men share.

+Yukio

The bad ass ninja who helped Storm break out of her shell and embrace another side of herself. You can thank Yukio for the punk look and the storm-hawk.
    + Storm and Yukio were girlfriends like Mystique and Destiny. Read between the lines. Ever notice how when Storm gets a boyfriend, Yukio disappears yet all her other lady friends come out of the woodwork? The two were so close Storm was willing to leave the X-men (her family) to be with Yukio. Yukio trusts Storm to be there for her, even if it involves jumping off a building for fun.
    Possibly one of Storm's best lovers because it's edgy, mysterious, scandalous, and even taboo.

+Rogue
    Starting off as animosity and hatred. The two eventually turned it around and really are the best when it comes at bringing out the girlpower not only in X-men or Marvel, but it all comics. They know they were very well together now and make a top tier team.

+Beast
    I believe Storm and Beast of some of the last few X-men that truly believe in Xavier's original dream. They share certain sense of maturity too they makes the true X-vets.

+Jubilee
    Much like with Kitty. Storm is a very mother-like figure especially since Jubilee became a vampire.
    I consider Kitty and Jubilee, Storm and Wolverine's adopted daughters. This is great because Storm and Wolverine are a couple now too. So it makes even more sense.

+Rachel
    Things are getting very hairy with Storm and Rachel. Obviously, the two don't agree on everything. Rachel can be very fiery and Storm, even though she is patient and kind, if pushed can be an arrogant temper fiery temper too. This is even more complicated because Rachel is like Storm's niece being Jean's 'daughter' and all.

I also think Storm has many other friends out in the Marvel Universe but we never really get to see those stories but i can see her hanging out with Captain Marvel, Spectrum, and Invisible Woman.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

What about Emma, does she have any friends.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silver_Raven

@time said:

I don't know that much about her history but from what i can tell she doesn't really have any. Maybe when she was in Gen X she had some stronger relationships with Banshee, Iceman, and Monet? But since she joined the X-men she seems to rub the female X-men the wrong way and the only person she got close to was Cyclops. It's pretty sad.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#20  Edited By time1

@silver_raven: She used to be good friends with beast, kurt and Colossus, but all change.It is sad, but what worse, is that they made Emma X-Men leading lady, Someone who doesn't have a real friends in the team.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GonnaRain

@silver_raven said:

@time said:

I don't know that much about her history but from what i can tell she doesn't really have any. Maybe when she was in Gen X she had some stronger relationships with Banshee, Iceman, and Monet? But since she joined the X-men she seems to rub the female X-men the wrong way and the only person she got close to was Cyclops. It's pretty sad.

Um, from what I've read, Emma did get along quite well with Beast since Morrison's New X-Men, they shared some similar tastes in art/culture, and their interactions always seemed quite friendly. Even though Beast is a little bipolar it seems and doubted for a second Emma's true intentions when she imprisoned Cassandra Nova's inside the stuff or whatever it was called.

They haven't interacted that much nowadays, but I would say that even with the current events, they should be in good terms with each other.

She also seemed to get along with Wolverine, always teasing each other, and also confessing to him that she had fell in love with Scott, while crying on his shoulder. They also kind of trusted each other I guess, during Dark Reign he said that he never doubted her when she formed part of the cabal. Today things may've changed though.

And finally, I guess Charles can be added to the list, but Charles is friends with pretty much everyone.

Aside from Kurt and Colossus, those two are some examples, but yeah, she doesn't have that many friends.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rickbarry

I want to say the only person I recall Emma actually attempting to help (on a more personal basis) over the past few years seemed to be Colossus. She helped him bust up a mutant that trafficked in human cargo and gave him a shoulder to cry on about Kitty. Other than that? It's witty banter and bitch mode to most everyone else...including the Colossus when Kitty showed up.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@time said:

What about Emma, does she have any friends(?).

"I am a diamond, Ms.Pryde. I am, by definition, my own best friend."

-Emma Frost, Astonishing X-Men #23.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.