Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men: Days of Future Past - First Trailer

Ouija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#151  Edited By Ouija

So that dude after bishop is sunspot?

my top faves are in this movie but i will still hate it and not see it in theaters due to the x-men movies not being anywhere near the same as in the comics

(havok older that cyclops, original x-men not the original five, iceman younger than storm and etc)

also hope the trailer version video of blink is reversed image....because they have her diamond markings wrong if it isnt

azaritorrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

wow another wolverine movie. I officially hate singer

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Stefano

i liked the trailer but it didnt mke me want to see the movie any more then i already want too. it did not have a money shot

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Wow this looks great. I don't know why some people seem to think this is going to be so focused on Wolverine though, seems to me like it's going to be focused a lot on Prof. X and Magneto than anything else.

On a side note, is that music original to the movie or has it been played before? I just feel like listening to it some more

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i love the trailer and the music fits well with it & blink is very pretty ! i just wish they had a used a better actress for Rogue.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#156 owie  Moderator

Honestly the character I really want to see is Rachel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wow this looks great. I don't know why some people seem to think this is going to be so focused on Wolverine though, seems to me like it's going to be focused a lot on Prof. X and Magneto than anything else.

On a side note, is that music original to the movie or has it been played before? I just feel like listening to it some more

Sunshine

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

I don't think Singer's first two X-Men movies have aged well, but I'm willing to give this a chance.

X2 still works for me

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drlove said:

X2 still works for me

I rewatched it a couple of weeks back. It felt a lot longer than it needed to be.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drlove said:

@xwraith said:

I don't think Singer's first two X-Men movies have aged well, but I'm willing to give this a chance.

X2 still works for me

Agreed. Still love that movie. One of the top CBMs of all time.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By buttersdaman000

GIVE ME CYCLOPS RAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

CaineShaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I never thought I would say this, but this movie might actually make me take back everything bad I ever said about the X-Men movies.

...Except for "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". Those bad things I'm standing by, no matter what.

I'm gonna watch it again now.

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder if the rumors are true with Apocalypse being revealed as the villian in the end.....

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J. Lawerence was looking MIGHTY fine as naked blue Mystique. I'll go see that for her alone.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im looking forward to alot of things. I want to see Iceman use his powers more extensively

I want o see Colossus actually knock something or someone down

I WISH KITTY WAS SHOWN GOING BACK IN TIME AND USING HER POWERS MORE

I cant wait to see more of Jennifer Lawrence in body paint (i didnt like her as Mystique in the first one for some reason but this time looks more promising)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIVE ME CYCLOPS RAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

JEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Loading Video...

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So wolverine saves the day again :|
    Great. Something new.

But seriously! Where the hell is scott!?

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bishop! And a whole big cast of characters!

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So wolverine saves the day again :|

Great. Something new.

But seriously! Where the hell is scott!?

Singer didnt bring Scott back bc the other director killed him off already

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Mega_spidey01

J. Lawerence was looking MIGHTY fine as naked blue Mystique. I'll go see that for her alone.

yasiiii4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So who were the new mutants in it? That was definitely Blink and Bishop. Was the one with black paint over his eyes Thunderbird?

Also, I cannot unsee the Dink and a miniature Ron Burgandy with that mustache...

Warpath! Not Thunderbird

yasiiii4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By yasiiii4

I like that Warpath, Blink, Bishop, and Sunspot are all being introduced, but clearly this movie will be super inaccurate.

From a comic book reader's perspective this movie will suck, but from an audience member just watching the movie, it looks phenomenal

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
    The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By The_Absolute

Personally, there wasn't one awe-inspiring shot that made me think to myself I have to see this movie.

EDIT: And I completely agree with @shadowx.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
    TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not the biggest fan of trailers being released without finalized VFX and such so I was considerably underwhelmed by this trailer. However it is still early to tell how it's going to turn out and I'm still holding out hope. At the very least Jackman, Mcavoy, Fassbender, Stewart, and Mckellan will be fun to watch.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I'll support it. It's refreshing to see FOX stick to its guns and try to keep to the continuity it started.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#178  Edited By SavageDragon

@smurfboy said:

After seeing the trailer, here's my thought:

A: Where's the Sentinels? I was expecting to see them fighting with the mutants (a lot of actions like we saw at the end of The Avengers, which is pure awesome!). If Singer is saving the clips of Sentinels best for last, then I understand. We, the fans, DO want to see a lot of actions from big robots, though! C'mon, make it happen.

B: I seriously hope Singer is not using Wolverine as a person who travels past/future. In comic, it was actually Kitty who traveled and warned the past X-Men about what will happen in the future. Dear God, Singer, seriously, please study the comic book more carefully. Do not screw it up!

C: I hope it's not another "boring"/"forgettable" story. Admittedly, the first 2 X-Men movies, which Singer directed, was "meh", in my opinion. The third one, with a different director, was worse. I'm trying to forget it like it didn't even exist.

D: Please focus on a big team, not just Wolverine. I felt like Wolverine stole 85% of screentime in the first three movies and I was very disappointed. Where's the focus on developing the characters of Cyclops? Storm? Gambit? Or even Kitty? Although Wolverine is my #1 superhero in the whole world, I'd still like to see more of screentime with other X-Men members as well to make them more "likeable".

E: Since this is a huge movie with so many characters to play with, it needs to have more space. I'm talking like 2 hours long movie. Not 1 hour 30 min crap.

All valid points. My one comment to your post is that Singer knows the comic well Ive seen him speak about it in interviews and his point is respectable; audiences dont really know kitty. In the comics she had a life with pete and comic readers knew her, but she was sooooo under used in the other X films that having her be the "lead" would be strange for many movie goers, both new and old to the franchise. I get what ur saying I love Jackman as Logan but its too much. That being said I get what singer is saying.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I really liked this trailer apart from Storm's appearance and all the other actors from the trilogy(which I didn't like) and I hope this stands out to be as good as First Class.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was excited for this trailer but when i saw it i realized that i have already seen most of it because of the leakage BUT it was still GREAT.

They said that there is another trailer coming and it features the sentinels.!!!!!

E1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who doesn't know the original story, this trailer sucks. You don't have any idea what is going on, it looks bad, "X-men origins : Wolverine" bad.

mkukie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It did not look the greatest to be honest, kinda sad

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underwhelming. Disjointed. Unfocused.

Just some on the things I'm thinking.

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OOOoooooOOO A new X-men trailer... Lets all put on our negative pants.
    Well I like it. I can let go the fact that they cant follow the original Days of Future past story.
    Everyone was negative about First Class and it turned out great. I liked this trailer. Its nicely done and it did for me what it supposed to. It got me excited.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

Singer didnt bring Scott back bc the other director killed him off already

Well... technically he "died" off-screen, so if Singer wanted to, he could easily bring Cyclops back.

I'm still hoping Scott will make an appearance in the film. But even if he doesn't, i wont be surprised if the conclusion to DOFP opens the door for Scott's return

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#188  Edited By John Valentine

It's f&*king stupid that people expect a movie to be 100% accurate to source material.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmm wolverine is gonna be central to a time travel movie......Wolverine is very bad at time travel

re Age of Ultron

n25philly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the people complaining about it not being Kitty going back in time to warn everyone, if you go by the times the movies have been based on she would be a very young child if even born yet. It wouldn't make sense in the movies. Wolverine was established as looking basically the same in First Class so it makes sense to use him for the movies.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#191  Edited By fodigg

If you don't understand by now that Hugh Jackman is integral to the core X-Men film franchise, then shame on you. Hugh Jackman is even more important to the films than Wolverine in general is to the comics.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By TazzMission

I was excited for this trailer but when i saw it i realized that i have already seen most of it because of the leakage BUT it was still GREAT.

They said that there is another trailer coming and it features the sentinels.!!!!!

i read a yahoo article yesterday that the trailer we just got wasnt 100% done when it came to the fx

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'll list the good things:

1. Nick Jackson and Shield are nowhere to be seen, thank God. It's the ONE great positive of the Fox side of the Marvel universe.

2. These are good actors man. It's a good, solid cast. If this movie fails it's because of its director or the story.

3. It's a different trailer. Nothing like the generic, comedic, cheap looking crap of Thor2 and CA2. Those two movies look bad and uninspired.

Avatar image for rickygabrielbird
    rickygabrielbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bit confused at something...

Young Wolverine seems to have metal claws? If this was pre-Origins he would have had bone claws. I say this as Xavier is seen as bald in Origins (and standing I know, although this could be explained as a projection to the kids he guided out of the prison). Which leaves the possibility of becoming bald between this film and Origins.

Also, this film could create a perfect way of somewhat erasing previous events in X-Men films. Maybe it could be used to bring back Cyclops!

Although nothing could ever explain Emma Frost being a child in Origins /sigh

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacharrt1 said:

This movie trailer looks horrible.... and why Wolverine... because Wolverine... And wasn't Stewart Atomized ... and relocated into another guy's body... I can't i just can't... Singer needs to be put down, or banned from ever doing Comic book movies ever again...

The main appeal and problem with that trailer is the same one that was the problem with X-men the Last Stand, how many mutants can we throw into this movie as cameos...

dude Singer wasnt the one to eff up the movies, that was the shmuck who did the Rush Hour movies

that was in reference to the x-men continuum being completely messed up. I am quite aware of the horrible job that was done with x1 and x2. Singer set the tone for for the third one, but Fox completely ruined the X-men brand. Singer... what he did to Mystique, Bobby, Rogue, Storm, Sabertooth, Pryor, Colossus was inexcusable and the Dialogue and storylines were terrible was also terrible.
    Brett Ratner followed the template of the first two by making Wolverine the center of the storyline although it should have been about Scott and Jean and the phoenix... but nope, and throwing a bunch of mutants in the film to try to make up with a god awfully executed storyline that a cartoon could get right but live action couldn't... And those power levels.... dear god..

Yeah terrible.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I know, let's make another "Xmen" film that's basically following Wolverine!!!!! Singer you are a piece of work, you only know how to make the same X-men film over and over again. This is a sequel to FIRST CLASS, not your rubbishey series!

totterymanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Days of Future Past is one of my favorite stories of all time. With that being said, I love this trailer despite not following the source material to a T. In the comics, miss Pryde travels from the future to the present day to prevent an assassination that causes complete destruction and chaos in the future. In this trailer it appears as if Wolverine will be traveling way back into the past. This has me believe that they are going to make the present the chaotic time or something. Maybe I'm looking too much into the details.

Also, Wolverine is a well known/popular character that any person knows about. It makes sense to have him the focus point instead of a lesser known character imo. It's absurd to believe everything in a X-Men movie is going to stick strictly to the source material. At least the big picture is still in tact lol.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I know, let's make another "Xmen" film that's basically following Wolverine!!!!! Singer you are a piece of work, you only know how to make the same X-men film over and over again. This is a sequel to FIRST CLASS, not your rubbishey series!

Actually, Singers hands were all over "First Class" in fact, he was supposed to direct, but couldn't due to other engagements, though he did produce and oversee the whole project.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

Charles X: "I don't want your suffering... I don't want your future..."

Prof X: "Well, I guess we'll have to make you want it, now won't we?"

X-Men: Days of Future Past. 'The Mutants R' Us is all upon us!'

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please make Colossus smash sentinels and Bobby take down some as well by ice slides. Also full ice form please!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.