Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

!!!X-Men Dark Phoenix Supposedly Bad!!!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/x-men-dark-phoenix-reaction-calls-embarrassment-involved/

Vague News is Vague but it has a quote from someone we should totally take serious...who has chosen to remain anonymous!

“I went and saw Dark Phoenix a few months ago. While I didn’t like Apocalypse, I still had high hopes because I still loved First Class and Days of Future Past. Unfortunately, the film was a huge disappointment. Terrible script, bland visuals and the weird choice to recreate scenes from The Last Stand – Fox’s other attempt (failure) to adapt The Dark Phoenix storyline. There is ONE kind of an interesting twist midway but it didn’t really do much for me.”

Thoughts on this totally shocking yet partly expected but ultimately irrelevant article!??!?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is totally and utterly legit!!! NNNNOOOOO!!!!!!

*Stuffs comics and merchandise in the trash*

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should just send this straight to Blu-ray. I mean is anyone even interested in seeing ANOTHER Phoenix movie that wont be as good as the comic?? not me.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: I am. I myself am not ready to judge it just yet, but I am cautiously optimistic. This doesn’t feel like the Fan4stic scenario where it’s just a cash grab. It seems more like them tying up loose ends, which I suppose will be fine with me, whether it’s bad or not.

If it’s bad, well, we won’t get anymore movies and I will know for sure what to tell people who are wondering about it but don’t want to take the risk just yet. If it’s good, I’ve seen a good movie and enjoyable representation of my favorite story.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally seems legit.

Though they have spent a lot of time on reshoots and it has been delayed pretty heavily.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh....thing is that from the ending of Apocalypse I've thought that it was way too early to do a Phoenix movie since we were JUST introduced to Jean.

But honestly theres this wave of hate on that comes toward anything not MCU so it's hard to separate fact from fiction on this.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You know what, except fro the Avengers movies, I havent' really watched all MCU movies and other superhero movies even if they we re good movies. I am a huge X-men fan and despite of not liking their movies, I still watch them on theaters. So yeah, even if they say the next xmen film is horrible, I would still watch it. It may be the last bad x-men film anyway.

I know Disney will make Xmen movies great in the future.

LawCol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Phoenix trailers reminded me too much of X-Men 3. A movie which I absolutely hated. There's also the meta of Marvel having reacquired X-Men and thus this is potentially what the current Sony X-Men universe will end on.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny how they can do something as brutally cathartic as Logan, yet miss the mark again with the X-Men.

It's a good thing I don't like the Original five too much, or I would actually be annoyed.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawcol said:

The Dark Phoenix trailers reminded me too much of X-Men 3. A movie which I absolutely hated. There's also the meta of Marvel having reacquired X-Men and thus this is potentially what the current Sony X-Men universe will end on.

So it's actually like 4 xmen films that showed Phoenic. It's too much and too annoying. It wouldn't have been if it was done well.

LawCol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: I agree. The Dark Phoenix Saga really expanded the X-Men world. I remember I enjoyed it in the comics and cartoons (first time I saw the Shi'ar Imperial Guard). But the movies are limited as to what they can show, due to ownership rights.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adamTRMM

Oh look another one of these legit resources we can totally trust, but hey everything will be automatically good as soon as it will get attached to the junk food party of Mediocre Carbonpaper Universe, Ima telling you.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly just put it on Netflix for all I care, I'm more excited for any MCU X-Men news than for this movie.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still going to watch it. At least, I'll still be in heaven seeing Storm, even with only a few lines and a few scene.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this film was written and directed by Kinberg, who has shown he isn't as good without other people working with him, so, it has that working against it. The trailer looked decent

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gladeusex: @koays: @ashetdust:

@pyrofn said:

This is totally and utterly legit!!! NNNNOOOOO!!!!!!

*Stuffs comics and merchandise in the trash*

first all, its a fox movie are we really that surprised.........

second, name a x-men movie u did like (including wolverine, deadpool solos)

my favorite one was "days of future past", for obvious reasons LOL

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need Wolverine

WarDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point, I'm just curious about the feats that will be shown...and the slew of Phoenix Jean vs Dceu Doomsday threads that will soon follow.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) I was being sarcastic in the comment you just quoted.

2) Okay:

•X-Men: Dated But still enjoyable on aspects like Mystique vs Wolverine, Ian Mckellen is always a joy, and nice Jean and Wolvie chemistry.

•X2: First And foremost, Phoenix build-up and powerful scenes in emotional and visual ways from Jean. Next, Nightcrawler was awesome, Lady Deathstrike vs Wolverine is one I anticipate everytime, Storms vs Jason Stryker is creepy in all the right ways, Scott did the most in this movie than any of the movies he has ever been in period, and Professor X really did show why he is the most powerful psychic after Jean in this movie.

•Days of Future Past: A complicated Mystique, beautiful future sequences, Storm shows great power displays, Blink was my absolute favorite in this movie, Quicksilver is entertaining, Magneto finally does something of his own motivations and not by someone else’s, a powerful moment between two Professors, and the ending with Jeans and Scott.

•Apocalypse: Apocalypse was an actual threat bigger than anything he X-Men have faced. Psylocke has a comic accurate costume and powers. Once more, Quicksilver gets one of the best sequences. Kurt was fun to watch, nice surprise Wolverine sequence, Storm was the most accurate in this film than any film she has been, the costumes at the end were magnificent, Magneto was good (even though he took up most of the movie), James McAvoy really resembles Patrick Stewart finally not only in look but as the teacher to his students, and finally, Jean, the best parts of the movie with most beautiful cgi sequences outside of Apocalypse himself.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardevil: Same. We are already on a good start by virtue of Jean being able to survive and absorb solar flares, surviving large explosions from a space station, and quickly flying to the top of a skyscraper. (A step up from merely levitating off the ground)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see a fight between Storm and Phoenix in this movie.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I like Days of Future Past, but then they killed Emma Frost off screen and I'm very much indifferent to the film entirely.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I like Days of Future Past, but then they killed Emma Frost off screen and I'm very much indifferent to the film entirely.

they killed off banshee too :(

i think my second favorite was X-3, even though jean grey turns bad(having logan kill her was unexpected)

then i like deadpool 2, then wolverine origins

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not I only I hope it is good, but I also hope that this incarnation of the characters will survive the Disney-Fox merging business.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.