Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-men Best Partnerships/Teamwork

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xmenfallen

One of the best things about the X-men is their key ability to work as a team and perform some unique combos with their powers. These combos were often seen in their comics or on TV. So I was curious on any power combos you may know of or any "Partnerships or Team work" that would go well together.

Mine is.

Cyclops and Jean Grey = Cyclops can use his optic blast while Jean uses her telekinesis to maneuver Scott's blast in a way that it acts as a "seeker" towards enemies. Instead of the conventional "straight line" blasts it can now move and target enemies with Jean's telekinesis.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Magneto and Colossus = I believe this tandem is common (sometimes replaced with Wolverine) Magneto uses his magnetism over Colossus to achieve a "cannonball/catapult" effect, where Magneto controls Colossus to give him more momentum/speed to create more damage. (basically launching colossus towards enemies)

No Caption Provided

Ideal Partnership will be Storm and Rogue= Storm is a powerhouse, during team battles she is mostly used as a long range attacker and blast power (alongside with Cyclops) which is great. Rogue's role is more on air patrol and soldier, she is highly skilled in hand to hand combat and to add to it she has super strength, enhanced durability and flight. I believe they will be a great tandem since they are complimentary, meaning Storm has Rogue's back when it comes to overall blast power and taking down a lot of enemies quickly while Rogue has Storm's back when it comes to up close battles and taking hits (where Storm is in a disadvantage, she doesnt have super physical attributes; strength and durability). Mainly Storm has offensive while Rogue has defensive. They are excellent for air missions.

Do you guys know any power combos/partnerships or any best teamwork moments of the X-men?

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really not sure how the Colossus/Wolverine 'Fastball Special' doesn't make the list, though admittedly it's a fairly nostalgic and sometimes overdone combo.

Not sure I like being limited to X-Men characters (with the great team-ups possible if all heroes are considered), though I'll oblige:

Gambit/Fantomex - They had a pretty cool moment when Gambit kinetically charged Fantomex's bullets. Though, the more I think about it, the bullets would explode in the magazine at some point, so maybe not.

Scarlet Witch/Hope - For that one time they were the kryptonite to the Phoenix Force. It was kind of forced though, and who knows whether Scarlet Witch can even be considered an X-character.

Emma Frost/Magneto - Great blend of tragic but powerful characters, both who have soft and hard skills for almost any situation. Made a great backbone for Utopia and Uncanny X-Men in Marvel Now!

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gladeusex: Oh damn I was thinking of including that, I guess I got a bit too excited and forgot to include them. But yes ill include them.

That Gambit and Fantomex was really good and smart. hmmm i think Gambit has the ability to control the detonation time of his charges like prolonging the time. So if both of them are together I think Fantomex will have no problem

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xmenfallen

Colossus and Wolverine = Fastball Special, I mean this is the most popular duo attack on X-men it even made it into the movies. I believe you guys know how this works. Iconic

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PyroFN  Online

Emma and the Cuckoos- Ill explain my thought process. Back when Emma had lost her telepathy, the Cuckoos have been instrumental as her back-up generators and Teen Jean had been undergoing training to add to the psychic group. While it never really was expanded on, Jeen wouldve been a great addition as a Cuckoo, with her flaunting her powers as often as they do. Jeen as the battery and the three Cuckoos as the limbs would make a powerful force to be reckoned with, and of course Emma being the instructor. Jeen would also add her telekinesis to them as well since at least Phoebe was able to use telekinesis back then and adding that would give the Cuckoos a look into what Jeen feels when she uses so much power and giving Teen Jean Grey some girls to relate to.

Emma and Scott- A rather obvious and combo for this couple, Scotts optic beams bouncing off of Emma's diamond form should theoretically bring more destruction.

Psylocke and Nightcrawler- What would be better for a ninja than an easy emergency exit. I chose Nightcrawler for his agility overall and ability to conceal himself as well as she could.

Jean Grey and Kitty Pryde- Odd combo at first glance when Rachel is around, but I went with experience over nostalgia. Jean dishing out the power and Katherine aiding in defenses gives a deadly duo that only few could logically get past. (So long as she doesn't leave Jeans side)

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine and Kitty.

They made a very effective team, especially in street level fights.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto and Storm = Both are high level energy users, so it is clear when they team up there will be a lot of destruction. I believe they would work well in battle if they set aside their belief system. One popular example was in the X-men DOFP movie where Magneto set up the X-jet as a bomb towards the sentinels while Storm detonated it with her lightning.

Image result for X-men Days of Future Past Storm MAGNETO

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: The Emma and Cyclops duo is great, I believe it will have more damage specially when it bounces off to Emma. It can probably increase the damage of the optic beams and also divide it into different directions.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PyroFN  Online
    AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they actually show Scott's beam bouncing off Emma? That's odd, its concussive form. It's not like she's made of rubber.

I would have think his beam would mainly end of driving her back by applying pressure to her diamond more than anything.

I could be wrong.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: Hmmm I do remember reading about that Scott's beams were more of a concussive force than a laser beam. But I definitely think that it usually depends on the writer since it can be different. Probably just a case of comic book science.

I found some comic book scans that show his beams bouncing, but then again it usually depends on the writer and if it is 616.

The other pic does show more on a concussive force since Emma is knocked back but it also shows it has some reflective tendencies. So maybe his beams can be both.

Image result for cyclops beams bouncingImage result for cyclops beams bouncing

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xmenfallen: Yeah, I recall Death of X 5 and X-Men Blue 8 or 9 having Emma being blasted back by Optic beams. It's wildly inconsistent, though I think Cyclops does have to control the aperture of his visor to change whether it deflects or staggers.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: Hmmm I do remember reading about that Scott's beams were more of a concussive force than a laser beam. But I definitely think that it usually depends on the writer since it can be different. Probably just a case of comic book science.

I found some comic book scans that show his beams bouncing, but then again it usually depends on the writer and if it is 616.

The other pic does show more on a concussive force since Emma is knocked back but it also shows it has some reflective tendencies. So maybe his beams can be both.

lol i love it when emma and scott "fight"........hell emma told teen scott(in x-men blue 8) "me and scott used to fight like this all the time" ie hitting each other

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'd love to see a team up between Gambit and Domino. I think they'd make a great duo

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bishop and Sage were a cool duo in X-Treme.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xmenfallen: @ashetdust: @pyrofn: @gladeusex: @hawk2916: @thunderscream: sorry but the best "partnership/teamwork" goes to the "true king and queen" of the x-men scott summers and jean grey as via x-men blue #11(who happen to be in love with each other ;)

scott and jean needed to distract the bad guy by putting on a "light show special"............jean used telekinesis to move/bend cyclops "eye beam" around lol

i dont have a pic. also not on youtube yet but i have the comic :)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PyroFN  Online
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: @hawk2916: @pyrofn: @xmenfallen: @koays ok i thought of a good one............nightcrawler and jean grey combo maybe called "mind-touch teleport"

jean and kurrt have to be in the same room........u know how nightcrawler has to touch people then teleport, well what if the team weren't together(in close range) jean can use her telepathy on kurt to make it "think like he is touching them but can still teleport"

:D

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

i dont remember it happening in the comics , but i have been playing Marvel Heroes or whatever a bit and Cyclops has a move where angel comes down picks him up and flies him around while he shots optic blast so thats pretty cool

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

i dont remember it happening in the comics , but i have been playing Marvel Heroes or whatever a bit and Cyclops has a move where angel comes down picks him up and flies him around while he shots optic blast so thats pretty cool

i saw a move from x-men season one by hopeless and cyclops had a bot of all the members for practice........he gave the hank-bot and angel-bot a combo.........angel picks up hank(but isnt hank heavy???) and spins him around while hank uses his feet to knock out the opponents lololoololololololololol

edit: i still like my kurt and jean combo from above post :D :D

MrAbductor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mcklayn said:

Oh God you played Marvel Heroes, i was completely into it a few years ago i stopped when they did that big update that removed like 90% of the Omega trees, put cooldowns on dashes and fk'ed a ton of other things i should've know when David Brevik left things were going to go far downhill, clocked in about 1700+ hours into that and now it's gone.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @mrabductor: just curious if mystique transforms into a male is she all "politically correct?" would she be a real male?

MrAbductor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrAbductor

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@pyrofn: @mrabductor: just curious if mystique transforms into a male is she all "politically correct?" would she be a real male?

I would say she's a female, but i know some current writers and other would consider her gender fluid or non binary, they consider Loki to be gender fluid and are going to give him a limited series in the future and are panning him as the first gender fluid whatever whatever so no she would not be a male. EDIT i'm starting to go crazy over this, from what i think i know, Loki cast's illusions to make herself look like other people so from what i know it's just a disguise, Mystique morphs her body to change herself, i'm not sure what it does to her body though, i know Wolverine can smell her scent so she only has one particular scent and it doesn't change according to who she morphs into so i presume she does something similar to Loki. So i think Loki's a guy and Mystique's a girl no matter what.

Plus Mystique always refers to her true self as hideous (blue skinned) which is why she always dons a disguise?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PyroFN  Online

@mrabductor: My best gues would be a yes and no. I don’t think under normal circumstances she would have every capability a male could do, but considering her shape-shifting is precise enough to trick technology geared towards someone else’s dna, we can infer that she is indeed anatomically correct, but not capable of the functions of a man, at least reproductively.

That is just speculation on my part. It goes on the “will she be heavier if she transform into something huge” question.

MrAbductor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn Mystique is apparently always nude, her clothes aren't real that's her morphing clothing and about her being more heavy, i remember a while back when Wolverine killed her and she got resurrected by the hand she was then given a healing factor and more expansive shape shifting abilities, which allowed her make herself go huge or stretch her arms like Mr Fantastic and she weighed exactly the same and pretty much had the same physical feats.

So from what i can tell, she's always nude and has a particular scent and weight no matter what she's shifted into.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PyroFN  Online

@mrabductor: I know about her being nude, only furthering My speculative answers weight. Her shapeshifting should be precise enough to make her near completely male. I didn’t know that about her and the Hand though, and will note that.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Magneto and Storm = Both are high level energy users, so it is clear when they team up there will be a lot of destruction. I believe they would work well in battle if they set aside their belief system. One popular example was in the X-men DOFP movie where Magneto set up the X-jet as a bomb towards the sentinels while Storm detonated it with her lightning.

This

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HAWK2916

I would think Banshee or Siryn and Dazzler would make a good team.

Also Magneto and/or Polaris and Storm as someone mentioned earlier.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Storm and Rogue

PHComassetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PHComassetto

@xmenfallen said:

@xmenfallen Does anyone now from which comic book is this second pic??

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd9371ae7062
    deactivated-5fd9371ae7062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

My favourite team up in all of comic books history period

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psi-bite234: That is a great team up for certain.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.