Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men: Apocalypse : Thoughts

• 59 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Poll X-Men: Apocalypse : Thoughts (105 votes)

I love it, it's brillant. 17%
    Film critics, don't know what there talking about. It's really good movie 23%
    Prettty good movie 23%
    Good Movie 10%
    OK, should of been a lot better though 29%
    I didn't like the movie, it's pretty bad. 10%
    Wish I didn't waste my money watching it. It's bad. 4%

For the people who have seen it. What are your thoughts on the movie.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

• 
    Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I thought it was a pretty good movie. It met my expectations. The critics that were comparing it to The Last Stand were on crack.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It was a pretty good movie. I don't understand the hate. Qs was awesome.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darthphoenix

Great movie!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was pretty great. A lot of characters had arcs, the action was fun, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Jean were fun.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great movie however the final 30 minutes were very rushed

Sacrificer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9/10

Second best superhero movie of the year.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I enjoyed it a lot.

snoweye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it, bu not love it, because many characters get into Apocaypsis way with no explanation or cause, like Betsy or Angel, and so many things passes in short time of action, and WHY MISTIQUE is THE ROL MODEL OF MUTANTS???' I guess that Synger knows......Synger I hate You.....

imfxlix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't a bad movie, but I was still disappointed... I expected more after the success of Days of Future Past. Apocalypse is kinda generic, Jennifer Lawrence is still annoying and whiny, and a lot of characters are useless to the story (I'm looking at you, Beast). I feel like they just threw a lot of Mutants in there just to please the fans, like Wolverine and Jubilee.

The new cast is very promising though. Cyclops is already a great leader, Jean is super badass (though Sophie Turner's acting could be better), Nightcrawler is great overall and really funny.

Kinda disappointed by the Quicksilver scene.

6/10

NetherlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it. I thought they could have developed Apocalypse's followers more or better explain why they follow him aside from Magneto. I thought the part with Wolverine was kinda unnecessary. The kids were fun to watch. Cyclops and Jean were good. Nightcrawler was fun. Overall I give it an 8/10.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There wasn't a lot of character development, but overall I though it was outstanding. The fights and the emotional scenes were very well done and the movie as a whole doesn't deserve all the hate that it got.

And as someone who has read most of Apocalypse's stories, the movie was his best showing of power in a long time. I am NOT kidding.

odinblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved the weapon X scene

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epyon007: The part with wolverine was a little unnecessary but they need to set up his next film.

Storm and Psylocke were made stronger so I guess that's it and he healed up Angel... idk really I just felt it was odd

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The Film critics don't know what they're talking about.

Cylcoverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie gets a 6/10. It's enjoyable, but it has a lot of miss shots that it shouldn't have missed on. IMHO, Wolverine had no business being in the movie and time focused on him could've gone to better use in other scenes - Xavier's fight against Apo comes to mind, - that fight should've been FAR more epic than it was. More screen time for Angel, Psylocke, Jubilee, and Storm would've been nice too - as we got practically nothing from those three. Seriously, they could've not had a single line and nothing about the movie would have suffered! I think they went to Phoenix too soon! Should've saved that stuff for the next movie and just had Erik and Apo duke it out in the physical realm and Xavier and Apo duke it out in the mental realm.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really, really enjoyed this film.

As is the problem with the X-movies, the cast is sometimes too big to focus on them all adequetely. I liked Jean, Scott and Kurt. The Horsemen aside from Magneto were pretty much non-characters, IMO.

Fassbender and McEvoy as Magneto and Professor X were fantastic as usual - they could pretty much carry the film by themselves. Evan Peters as Quicksilver (with a bigger role this time round) was a treat.

Disagree with the critics on this one. I think it may be the best of the new trilogy to date, though I've enjoyed them all quite a lot.

8.3/10.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Love it, probably my third favorite x-men movie While there are some thing I can see people having a problem with the film, is no where near as bad as some critic are making out to be.

While I did like Batman V Superman, I can see why critics would hate it, but with X-men apocalypse I can see nitpicks, because no movies are perfect, but not enough to call it a bad movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It had its moments, but as a whole it just wasn't that good.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i rather liked it. i really wished that they would use storm more.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I don't feel there was any reason to develop the Horsemen (save maybe storm for the climax). Other then them being important in the comics it doesn't matter what his soldiers can do...and we've seen that in ALOT of variations on the character where they don't have any explanation or backgound.

What the movie needed though, was more actions for Apocalypse, both as a combatant and as an antagonist.

He went from recruiting mutants, then back to Egypt and then the movie was over.

Maybe a seen between the nukes and the return to Egypt where sentinels or some other forces got in his way in order to show off his power and the Horsemen's.

The X-Men's screen time was perfect, but a little more time to show the strength of their opponents would've been great.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

X-men apocalypse again had wonderful actors. Everybody play their role great, and finally Jean and Scott are great. One of my favorite part about X-men first class was the team who actually interacted with each other. Erick and Charles continue to be the highlight of the movie, both wonderful qctors giving it their all. Mystique was good,I don't get the hate as she was brave in DOFP and it does make sense people would look up to her, showing the fact that not all mutant are evil. That being said Apocalypse did drag a bit, he wasn't a terrible villain, it just that he mostly was a set up villain. We finally do get to see the x-men fight a villain together. Also Quicksilver and Wolverine were amazing, but specifically Quicksilver. His action rescue scene was perfect. I had a smile on my face the entire time.

Also I will say this film does relied on the fact that the people watch the previous movie which can present some problem.

Also the destruction felt empty compare to BvS and Civil War where you can feel the impact the destruction of the city and more importantly the people.

Couple with the fact that Apocalypse really start doing stuf in the mid half of the movie, are some negative in the film.

Overall a B+ for me.

GarethMars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was pretty good all things considered. Could have been better, and I'd have cut out the Striker-Wolverine scene and done something different with the time. Or maybe just cut out Wolverine and have the kids save the day through team work (put Jubilee in the scene as well). And instead of rehashing the Magneto story, Angel and Psylocke could have been developed. But not bad overall. I had fun watching it and the action scene at the end was good. The major characters all got a cool moment or two. I thought Turner's accent was hard for her to keep up, and while Sheridan is a bit short and defiant for Cyclops for me, he was pretty good overall and thus far it's a better Cyclops than poor Marsden. Nightcrawler was fun. Beast was pretty good this time as well. Poor guy deserved some more time.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine was supposed to have a bigger role in the movie. he was supposed to be a mentor, but they scrapped it due to it over shadowing mystique.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best x-men film

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet dreams are made of this. Who am I to disagree.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By UHypocrite

It was certainly a fun movie. I enjoyed myself, and it felt shorter than its run time. Critics are too harsh to be honest, this is not a bad movie unlike X3 and Origins but not great as Days Of future past but I give a 10 because it's well executed film with flaws surrounds it. Apocalypse is a good villain but again not great at least is menacing. The characters are a joy to watch and they were well portrayed by the actors especially Quicksilver that stole the movie again. Quicksilver owns the best scenes. The visuals are okay to say the least. It's an enjoyable flawed superhero movie. Psylocke, Angel and especially Magneto was great. Too bad some characters were just plot devices... like Storm for instance. Yes, STORM was not that great (as some of you expected to be) and I'm glad they didn't choose Polaris for the role as one of the 4horsemen where Magneto, Psylocke and Storm decide to just become mass murderers because, hey, why not? Also, I love Mystique (I can see ya hating). Jean Grey and Cyclops was also great.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A LOT better than BvS, Civil war was slightly better IMO but it was nice seeing quicksilver again, and finally seeing apocalypse on screen. 7/10

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

It was alright but I was hoping for it to be better. So many characters felt underused and pointless. The plot also didnt really seem that great or original either and there were almost no stakes. Apocalypse himself was alright but really didnt do much.

MicroSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was good. Nightcrawler, Jean, and Scott were all great. Can't wait to see them take the lead in the next movie.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought it was garbage.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pastepotpete1

one thing i just didnt understand why didnt quick silver solo storm arch angel pyslocke and then the x-men couldve just killed apocalyse in his sleep the same way the egyptianian mutants tried to do . the fight scene between the mutants at the end was awesome but was it necessary ?. its obvious when he is transfering bodies he can be killed .. moira who was pretty much usless sholdve told them that and why the f*** did she go with them , in the first place?

i guess she needed a bigger pay check

how was angel able to beat up the blob ? blob can take a explosion from a tank , let alone punch someone so hard they would fly almost a meter in the air

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete1: Quicksilver was busy trying to stop Magneto from sending the world back to the Bronze Age.

HeLLic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HeLLic
    4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't impress

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

I liked it more than I thought I would considering First Class and DOFP sucked IMO, so I was going to boycott this one, it surprised me though.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LordOfAllHumans didn't see you around for a while

ZerenC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ZerenC

I think Fox should just give it to MCU. I tnk that they will actually do a good job at making a film about The Phoenix Saga (not just skip it and consume that Jean was born with the phoenix) before they do the Dark Phoenix Saga.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Philippines is an x-men country. I can't believe there is no filipino x-character yet

David_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed it.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they really could have done a lot better job with character development. it was enjoyable, but it could have been a lot better. also, what's up with the nukes? they went up in the air and disappeared? they never explained what happened with them. also, the biggest problem was that this movie followed the exact same theme that the other civil war and bvs did. super heroes who should be on the same team fighting each other. anel and storm really had no real motivation to join the horsemen.the only one who did was magneto.

ZCCYEC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Phoneix scene... No, just NO!

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By Denam_Pavel

Not enough Jubilee, too much Magneto. Why is Mystique still important? Let Jean be important without involving the Phoenix for ten seconds. These were my thoughts, I'm too much of an X-Men fan too judge the film objectively

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By christianrapper

am i the only one bothered about the nukes that went into the air, but never came down? they never explained that. nukes don't reach escape velocity. apoc didn't use any mutant powers to make them go any faster. he just used his powers to override the computers and launch the nukes. it seems like the only reason they did that was so that they can answer the question 'why don't they just nuke him?'. it was a totally useless scene.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@christianrapper said:

am i the only one bothered about the nukes that went into the air, but never came down? they never explained that. it seems like the only reason they did that was so that they can answer the question 'why don't they just nuke him?'. it was a totally useless scene.

The scene was used to establish that Apocalypse had persuasion powers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.