Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men 2021 Wishlist

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

2020 was an interesting year. We started with a dramatic multi-writer story about the fall of the X-Men and their return from the ashes and then we entered the HoX and Hickmans version of what a Golden Age for mutants would look like.

So now: In 2021, what would YOU like to see in X-Men?

A Run?

A character?

A character arc or development?

A special plotline?

A character killed?

ANYTHING!

Just tell what you'd like to see this year even if you dont think it would happen.

Avatar image for one_truephoenix
    One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I WISH... someone, would actually care about Gambit, and give him a story and a part that is deserving, amazing, and with great satisfaction for Gambit fans. I'd also like something that gives him and Rogue a good spotlight for once, with trial and triumph that carries the kind of weight and care they put into other relationships, and give us something ultra impactful with these two.

Secondly... as beat to death the Phoenix is, I wish someone would write a good saga, like... something that is new, inventive, and not the repetitious narrative I've seen over and over again.

My wish is highly unlikely, and with writers like Jason Aaron in place... I highly doubt it would be realized... but who knows, perhaps... someway and somehow my wishes would be answered (fingers crossed)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay, wish fulfillment!

•A Run?

No wishes in particular. If there are stories to tell, I’m up for anything and anyone new or good. If I know their bad though, I won’t be supportive. Pretty simple.

•A character?

I am never gonna say no to or forget to ask about Jean Grey and Emma Frost having new character arcs. Whether they are support or main protag, they just need to be written well and I will be happy.

I would like to see Hope Summers more, too, I suppose. Her interactions with the Five are pretty great. Finally, the Stepford Cuckoos, while having so much to do already, are always welcome additions.

•A character arc or development?

I am eager to see Betsy and Kwannon’s dynamic progress to see who they are now that they are fully and wholly separated from one another. We have always kinda stated that Psylocke was always a blend of Kwannon’s ruthless assassin training with Psylocke’s temperaments. So, while Betsy isn’t entirely new characterization-wise, Kwannon is basically a blank slate. Seeing that she has a sort of charisma that makes her a natural leader is an interesting development that I want to see be brought further.

I also would like to see more casual interaction with Arakko. These are a more barbaric or war-like culture from medieval ideals theoretically being integrated with common society similar to our real life world. How they mesh is gonna be an incredibly intriguing development, especially for characters like White Sword, who are addicted to the fight.

•A special plotline?

The Goblin Queen plotline has been an interesting one from the get-go. You kind of get why they would absolutely refuse to bring her back to life to live on Krakoa, yet you also get the idea of why it’s such a double standard when considering characters like Scout, Daken, Evan Sabah Nur, the Stepford Cuckoos and so on. This plotline is something I want to start rocking Krakoa to its core because it is that divisive of an issue.

•A character killed?

Quentin Quire. There is no other answer, unless it’s Stryfe.

I like the running gag of Quentin always dying. You can just imagine the Five kind of rolling their eyes as Xavier announces that they are bringing Quentin back and making jokes about how he is going for Jean’s record.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I just get pink mode back? I don't care if krakoa burns for this to come true.

Also can the phoenix die. After what Jason Aaron is doing, we should just put it down

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PyroFN

@del_torro said:

Can I just get pink mode back? I don't care if krakoa burns for this to come true.

Also can the phoenix die. After what Jason Aaron is doing, we should just put it down

No

Edit: I’m kidding

Avatar image for obscureobsidian
    ObscureObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

A run? No wish in particular for any specific author rn, I'm pretty happy with most of the ones who are working currently on X-titles, same with the artists, and the ones I dislike I don't think a minor change in the creative teams would fix my issues, because there's so much they'd be allowed to do. And the thing is, if I want a new creative team, it would be for a huge change to the new status quo, and I think is still too soon to introduce any significant changes to the general situation. Better in a few years.

A character? Hints about the return of Nate Grey could be interesting. Same with Legion. Also the whole Krakoa situation is pretty good to give focus to characters barely any author has touched because they're really obscure. I mean, I wasn't expecting Risque, Wiz Kid and Peepers of all people to pop-up in S.W.O.R.D. for example. So it would be nice to see that Alchemy has been revived (after what he did trying to stop the M-Pox is the least he deserves) and have Scott and Shiro be present on his resurrection, taking into account they were by his side when he died. Astrid Bloom was an antagonist back in the Emma Frost solo series and it always dissapointed me she didn't make a return after Emma became an important member of the X-Men for such a long time. So Gerry Duggan could use her in Marauders, being the most Emma-centric title currently. Lavish was the main antagonist in Kelly Thompson's Gambit & Rogue mini-series and her powers are really fitting for a twist regarding Krakoa. Blindspot also appeared in another Rogue related title, the 2004 Rogue solo series, whose powers could be pretty fitting too. And finally the characters from Geoff Johns' Morlocks mini-series, especially Angel Dust and Shatter, living as a couple and seeing Krakoa from the perspective of citizens who never had any relation with the X-Men whatsoever. Oh and Carter Ghanizakanian, but only if he's all grown up and a new villain, the lovechild of Naoki Urasawa's Johan Liebert and Alan Moore's Kid Miracleman, and way, way later. Like maybe in Hellions in 2022 Alex discovers he lives now in Krakoa but his mother is nowhere to be seen. Carter excuses it telling him he's already an adult and Annie was a human, so ofc she wouldn't live with him. Alex finds it odd but decides it doesn't mind, and later is revealed that any suspicion was just a reasonable concern.

A character arc or development? Several actually. Make Magneto and Cypher finally reunite and let Magneto show a more vulnerable side telling Doug he always considered his death his biggest failure. If Lorna and Alex haven't had an interection on panel yet, they must, especially when at the end of Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men #22 she was asking Scott where's Alex. I don't want them to be exactly back together, only see their new weird relationship in this new weird status quo. The orginal cast from DeFilippis and Weir's New Mutants is finally back together again, so they should get some focus. I don't care in which title. Warren needs to be in Excalibur ASAP, and I won't accept any crappy alternate universe substitutes. And can somebody please (Leah Williams seems like the strongest candidate) write a scene of Rictor and Shatterstar together? But the biggest one would be revealing and exploring how Moira and Wolfsbane's relationship influenced Moira on her desire to create Krakoa. Basically if they have already turned Moira into Homura Akemi, better go all the way through and turn her into an amalgamation between Homura Akuma from the third Madoka movie and Mimi from Flip Flappers.

A special plotline? Completely agree with @pyrofn, Madelyne needs to be back. And actually I'm gonna go as far and say that Hellions is starting to go downhill after the first arc. It started in a really high note and if in the end it turns out that Madelyne was brought back only so a title will get hype and fanfare, to killed her off right at the end of the arc and never use it again, it would be really insulting. How she could be back, I was thinking about it recently and the best idea I had would be that, because Jean refused to be the Phoenix Force's host again at the end of Phoenix Resurrection, the Phoenix Force has been traveling through the cosmos searching for a new one. Finally the cosmic force finds a woman's soul who looks familiar. Ofc that soul is Madelyne, who takes her chance to be back to life and possibly become more powerful than Jean. That would make her a pretty dangerous oponent. I even thought of the new costume she could be wearing (It would be like the one Jean wore in PR, but with the red parts golden instead). And then there's another plotline I would like to use, but A) It would be more appropriate for the end of the run, and I kinda think that 2021 is too soon of a year to end this era, and B) I kinda prefer if a new writer instead of Hickman handled it, I think they could do a better job than him. I think I have some hints in my previous comments in the parst marked as spoilers, but if you're interested, it would be a twist related with Moira MacTaggert and Carter Ghanizakanian.

A character killed? Taking into account the current state of things, I don't think any death could impact the story behind helping move forward specific plotlines and then have those characters back anyway in the most egregious example. So if someone really wants to use a character's death as a new twist. It should be the revelation that some character that has been seen since the beginning wasn't the one people believe he was, or at least not in the way people believed it. But then again this is a twist for a story line that I think it's too early to introduce. But to give people an idea, it would start with a page in which Moira goes to the part of Krakoa only Moira is allowed to go, after having a serious conversation with Xavier, maybe about Moira being disturbingly insistent on the not resurrecting precog mutants rule, and in her lair Moira finds Carter, who greets her with a lot of familiarity. They start to talk, and along the bubbles we're shown two floors beneath them. The first have the X-Men wearing hospital patient clothes, in an almost vegetative state. The second have the same X-Men in cages, except there are multiple Scotts, and everyone is wearing clothes with a dark connotation: Lorna is wearing a bridal gown and smeared mascara on her face, Rahne is wearing the exact same clothes she wore the night she was killed...

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would like to see the x-men blue team 90's squad rebel and go back to the regular marvel and protect a world that hates and fears them and they call themselves the x-men also i would like to see onslaught return and threaten everything xavier is far more cold and ruthless than before hell magneto seems less cold to humans than xavier is now i would think that would explain alot what if onslaught was controlling both and doing all these major changes

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I just want a good Archangel story, if it comes with Monet and X Corp title then thats awesome too. But i know im one of the few but I like warren and would love to see him get a nice story after all these years of being the edgy fly boy in the background, or the snobby hippy in the board room lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Lol, I'm with you. I'm tired of the "but my dark side" stories for him. I need a fresh Warren title where he's in charge that in no way at all reminds us of the last time he lead a team when Austen was writing it.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @mcklayn: @koays: i have a good idea...........got it from reading x-men 16.

how jean and scott want to form a x-men team. what if marvel lets us x-fans vote who should be on the team like they can have a vote on there website? and make it for real

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: @koays: You mean Angel getting love potion no. 9’d by old women wasn’t good enough for you people? I swear, Archangel fans cannot be pleased!

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

I just want a good Archangel story, if it comes with Monet and X Corp title then thats awesome too. But i know im one of the few but I like warren and would love to see him get a nice story after all these years of being the edgy fly boy in the background, or the snobby hippy in the board room lol

Angel hasnt been the same since the late 80's lmao

Beast or iceman get more "screen" time or is it "comicbook panel time" LOL

im guessing writers dont know what to do with Warren, whatever happen to his twins? lol

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.