Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men (2021) Official Discussion

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey everyone, sorry if this is a dupe thread. I don’t think I know how to search for threads on the Vine.

Duggan took over writing X-Men and his first issue was a nice setup for his run I think. I like their HQ and their seemingly good standing with the other heroes.

My boy Cyke is a legit hero again after long years of never being wrong and always being right. Good to see. Will see if he will get with Polaris (common theme with Summers bros to share love interests). Jean is also with Wolverine and we haven’t seen Emma and Cyclops actively together yet or Cyclops with anyone else.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumpy

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal:

Wait what

Why can’t Wolverine stay dead

U think it’s good? I haven’t read it.

Cyke is a hero and not teen Cyke?

Im more concerned about what the mcu will do to the X-men and force feed us wokeness

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: Uh…out of real, honest to goodness curiosity, did you stop reading around Death of Wolverine timeframe? Or are you joking? I can’t tell.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it a lot.

The villains are interesting, but will take time for me to legitimately care about. (Though the aliens look very fun.)

Cyclops was pretty good in the issue. He feels more social than how I personally perceive Scott, though it could simply be the fact that he was chosen to speak with a reporter in a friendly fashion in contrast to when mutants were dying out.

Polaris and Synch very useful this issue. As Jean fan, I am a little jealous of the metal manipulation she was using, but I like Lorna ultimately. So I’m happy she is getting so much panel time. Synch being the resident genius this time around was not what I was expecting and pretty great use of his powers.

Wolverine didn’t really do anything special. I hope she gets better dialogue in future X-Books.

Sunfire, surprisingly underutilized, based on Duggan claiming to have wanting to use him. I wonder what the plan is for Sunfire.

Jean is obviously my highlight and she was portrayed pretty well. She really took charge here while also pulling the work herself with her telepathy and telekinesis. The displays weren’t as grandiose-looking as Polaris, but rereads reveal incredible feats when looking at the details. So, I’m hooked.

The only thing really missing is more character dynamics. I am ready for more.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I stopped reading along time ago.

But death of Wolverine was like the last relevant info abt X-men I’ve taken note of.

Since the Avengers have taken front center, the direction of the X-men have become wayward. Some of the X-Men are avengers. Bunch of diff schools. What is the relevancy of the mutant problem in an Avengers 616? It used to be the other way around

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PyroFN

@phisigmatau: Okey-dokey. Most relevant stuff X-Men-wise:

•Basically every important X-Man who was dead came back after Jean came back. Xavier came back to life in Astonishing X-Men, Cyke in Uncanny X-Men Annual, and Wolverine in Hunt for Wolverine.

•O5 went back to their time in Extermination event and their memories were locked away by Teen Jean until the present day, which explains why they didn’t have memories before.

Basically, a lot happened.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: What did you think of the Power Rangers moment in the issue? Thought it was pretty funny and comic-booky.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: Not enthused about mech’s, but that was pretty cool they were able to join powers in that way. So I liked it. I can say that much.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

Thanks much for the update !

Idk I’d rather the characters stay dead

I don’t like that characters in American comics basically last forever and for the most part become caricatures or character assassinated over time. Toss in the fact you have the most popular characters been in 3 different runs by 3 different authors and it just adds to the confusion.

Oh well.

Shout out to Cyclops for being like one of the only comic book characters to have legitimate character development over 50 years

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I really Loved it actually.

I have been enjoying the Krakoan era ( i know alot havent) but at the same time I have missed my x men doing more normal super heroish stuff so this book made me happy with its Monster of the week vibe and fun cast. Synch was my absolute favorite character as a teenager (when i pretty much only read Gen x ) so to have him back and actually being pushed makes me happy

it did seem to have alot of randomness and kind of glazed over alot of characters but this is a first issue so im hoping it will get deeper they are already setting up various villain threads.

also shout out to ben urich for asking the question ive been wanting some one to bring up forever and i hope this book actually dives into it

Oh im also for some reason really liked the Thunderbird / Proudstar jet name lol

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @mcklayn: what comic book are u reading????? X-men, what is x-men??? ? Oh u mean Hex-men(hickman's doomed "hex" x-men, (u take the H from '''''''' add it to x-men)..........jinx LOL

what do i know? im just from the future, duh!!!! >>>>>>>> haha

(also as x-men fans we are the small fish in marvel's big pond, they care more about spiderman or avengers or heck even the hulk............and the top sells/books speak louder then words)

IMO

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@hopesummersforthefuture: your totally wrong, disney got the rights back the whole we are the victim thing that happened for the past decade is over and you can tell it. Now they are printing tons more books, the stories are rolling over into every corner of Marvel and we are getting the more popular talent (like him or not hickman is a big name) doesnt mean that you will like what happens, doesnt mean it will be better but they are no longer giving us the short stick.

Me personally, im ok with it all its a nice sigh of relief from the 05 and terrigan death cloud

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: your totally wrong, disney got the rights back the whole we are the victim thing that happened for the past decade is over and you can tell it. Now they are printing tons more books, the stories are rolling over into every corner of Marvel and we are getting the more popular talent (like him or not hickman is a big name) doesnt mean that you will like what happens, doesnt mean it will be better but they are no longer giving us the short stick.

Me personally, im ok with it all its a nice sigh of relief from the 05 and terrigan death cloud

only x-men comic im interested in is marauders(even if it has emma in it) and the whole "trial of magneto" series( we all know someone is framing Mags im guessing Raven(cause she is bad through and through).

(I'm also still look at hellions if maddie and havok are mentioned LOL, i still pull for them, im probably their only fan)

(x-men #1 reboot with a new team is meh)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.