X-Men (2019) Discussion

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By Vishop_

@life_without_progress: It would have been the same if Charles and Magneto would have told others about their future. Mystique would have betrayed the X-Men AGAIN for her own mutant agenda. Charles and Magneto had made the right choice of not telling them especially after so much schism between mutants. Humans are actually starting to have faith in mutants after Krakoa(read the X-Force 7).

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: then i'ma get myself a drunk Jean and switch her wardrobe for Emmas

lmao

and fight cyclops or wolverine hahahah ha ha

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: then i'ma get myself a drunk Jean and switch her wardrobe for Emmas

lmao

and fight cyclops or wolverine hahahah ha ha

hope... don't bring in Cyclops and Wolverine into this

This is all just about ME and Emma Frost dressed Jean Grey

Emma is a bombshell in her wardrobe. Jean is a bombshell period. Jean in Emma's wardrobe is the ultimate force in the universe.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: @thor_parker82: I am late to the conversation, but I am gonna join anyways. I don’t believe Jean was out of character. If you look at her situation from her perspective, she was ready to leave the enemies where they lie until Beast had stopped her. She literally argued with him before he told her that it was already too late for them.

No Caption Provided

Given the circumstances, Jean was put in a position where she had no other choice. Its either trust her moral judgement on a maybe or trust Beasts judgement who headed the operation and is the scientist. All things considered, this is a similar case to when Jean killed MeMe. The only difference here is that Jean had no time to mourn her decision and her hand was forced by a friend instead of her own decision.

Beast on the otherhand hasn’t been morally in the right since before the Bendis era. Hell, he has been mostly wrong since before Schism in my honest opinion. Beast hasn’t been the moral guidance of the X-Men for a long time, but we remember him as that way because him at his best is usually a happy-go-lucky man of science and peace from 90‘s TAS, New X-Men as a comforter for Emma and Jean, and in other cases. Around Second Coming though, he started blaming Scott for making hard decisions and joined Wolverine’s school in Jean’s name, joined the Avengers against the X-Men in a fight against the Phoenix Force that restarted mutantkind, brought the O5 to the present for pettiness and then left the X-Men for a while when they called him out for his behavior. He came back for Rosenburgs stories where he was more in character, but didn’t really do much and now he is this.

Am I missing anything or getting anything wrong @koays? @god_spawn?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Koays  Online

@pyrofn: Absolutely right.

Though on Beast, I'd add that a big part of Beast character really since Whedon's Astonishing has been doing what he feels is right whether it's rooted in a vendetta or just his own arrogance.

In Astonishing he finds a mutant cure and considers using it himself despite the intentions of the scientist behind it.

During the Decimation he teams up with villains and gives them access to his research on things like the Legacy virus.

He later creates a strand of the Legacy Virus himself.....

But during that Era he at least acknowledged the fault in his own actions.

However after leaving Cyclops (with a good reason) he goes out of his way to write a letter to Hope telling her she should get away from Scott.... Something made worse by the fact he had never even met her and she had just arrived in the present.

He turns bitter and raging mad at Scott....and in what he thought would be his dying act, he risk the entire timeline just to get a cheap shot at Cyclops by bringing the O5 to the present.

And by lying to them at that....

Hell look at IvX. While he slaved and worked to save the species night and day....he was left out of the fact that his closest friends had come together and planned for his failure. Not just with how they'd deal with the Inhumans.....but how they'd deal with him as well.

Beast often justifies himself by believing that everything he does is right, even when everyone from his past self to The Watcher tells him otherwise.....So is it surprising that he has taken this kind of role?

Look at the words he uses...."I make the plans. They need me. I keep the wheels turning. I need to know things so i can stop them."

Beast was one of the first X-Men to leave the team....the first to join another major team....and despite that, he is best known as the science guy of the X-Men. He's not Tony Stark or Reed Richards with intelligence and fame. He's not Cyclops, Wolverine or Storm with influence and respect....he isn't Jean, Emma or Magneto with infamy....he's the longest serving background player who is overlooked outside the X-Men and undervalued within......and that's gotta be hard as hell for a genius.

Hell look at IvX. While he slaved and worked to save the species night and day....he was left out of the fact that his closest friends had come together and planned for his failure. Not just with how they'd deal with the Inhumans.....but how they'd deal with him as well.

With all that said is it any wonder that the man who cured the legacy virus but has never been acknowledged by his people...would be bitter and self serving for so long? Or that now....when the whole of mutants have come together, he would finally accept his role as a background player but use that as an outlet for his need to be important by claiming to be the leader of X-Force? By making it's most powerful members follow his morality and logic...all without a hint of being malicious?

For as much as Scott Summers was a character study from New X-Men until the Death of X.....Hank Mccoy has become a Character study through the changing spectrum of his own self importance and ego.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast is doing what's necessary for his nation and his people.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

X-Men #11 by Yu

"THE TREES ARE KILLING THE CHILDREN!"

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lol its an ok cover, i like the idea but the art isn't great, not horrible but not great, a little to soft, they should also make them leaner.

This was done better imo

No Caption Provided

They should have JSC do one that is just Emma and Jean...

also you know an outfit is bad when not even Emma can pull it off lol, but Jean as white queen is nice though

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read the latest issue, damn when did Beast or Jean turn out like that?...

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321 said:

Just read the latest issue, damn when did Beast or Jean turn out like that?...

The last issue wasn't centered around Jean and Beast. If you mean X-Force. Beast was always insufferable.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.