Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

x-man and jean

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

so x-man's powers are on its peak or on hyperdrive that he's dying soon. does it mean that jean and her kids could also be as powerful as x-man?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh.

Cable already is technically.

Rachel's never shown anything that level of TK without the Phoenix.

Jean if we wank her and potential purple panther form...she would have the potential to replicate his feats by stealing psipower.

Otherwise you have a family of people afraid to tap their full power with the exception of Nate.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Sigh.

Cable already is technically.

Rachel's never shown anything that level of TK without the Phoenix.

Jean if we wank her and potential purple panther form...she would have the potential to replicate his feats by stealing psipower.

Otherwise you have a family of people afraid to tap their full power with the exception of Nate.

Jean is still working on it and Rachel.....at this point, I have no idea what Rachel sees as her full potential.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

so x-man's powers are on its peak or on hyperdrive that he's dying soon. does it mean that jean and her kids could also be as powerful as x-man?

Jean has been with the phoenix force.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically, they already are. (Or were. Jeans powers are up in the air, but have matched that level of power before)

Kid Cable could potentially since he is a Cable with no restraint, but he is a young one though.

Hope Summers counts as a Grey to me, and I think she should have that potential as the Mutant Messiah. She definitely isn't there yet based on her confrontations with Stryfe and Jean.

Madelyne Pryor is Jean Grey, so she has that potential.

znop01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

Technically, they already are. (Or were. Jeans powers are up in the air, but have matched that level of power before)

Kid Cable could potentially since he is a Cable with no restraint, but he is a young one though.

Hope Summers counts as a Grey to me, and I think she should have that potential as the Mutant Messiah. She definitely isn't there yet based on her confrontations with Stryfe and Jean.

Madelyne Pryor is Jean Grey, so she has that potential.

Kid Cable should also have the Techno-Virus -- Why wouldn't he?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@znop01: The answer: He does. I made that comment before looking at the new X-Force comic. I made an assumption based on his outfit in Extermination, where his arms were hidden under the suit. Given that they always show his arm, I took them hiding it as a sign that this Cable was different or came to this timeline before he got the TO Virus.

Then I went and looked at the X-Force comic and lo’ and behold, we have his metal arm. So, that’s a my bad. -_-

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@pyrofn said:

@znop01: The answer: He does. I made that comment before looking at the new X-Force comic. I made an assumption based on his outfit in Extermination, where his arms were hidden under the suit. Given that they always show his arm, I took them hiding it as a sign that this Cable was different or came to this timeline before he got the TO Virus.

Then I went and looked at the X-Force comic and lo’ and behold, we have his metal arm. So, that’s a my bad. -_-

Didnt he get injected with the TO virus as a baby before he ever got sent to the future? so for him to be "before he got the virus" wouldnt he have to be like months old? This is a serious question its been a while so i may be remember wrong

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By HAWK2916

They should just have Nate Grey's resurrect Cable and merge with him into one person and then do the same with Kid Cable

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

They should just have Nate Grey's resurrect Cable and merge with him into one person and then do the same with Kid Cable

I could of lived with that

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: I meant that they changed Cables history to a point where he doesn’t have TO Virus or he didn’t get it until later.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I agree on Kid Cable and the real one joining, but heck no for Nate Grey. Do not need to add his relationship with Madelyne to the history of the real one or even the young one.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: then let's just kill him off

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PyroFN

@hawk2916: No, that would be Inhumane.

*raises sharpened knife*

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @hawk2916:

*enters with knife in hand, blood thirsty!* Wait who are we killing again?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Nate Xavier Grey. (Read Uncanny)

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Red_Paladin_

@pyrofn said:

@mcklayn: Nate Xavier Grey. (Read Uncanny)

Can we also trap Proteus, Casandra Nova, and the Shadow King in there as well.

Then all you really need is Leech and a handgun, and to properly cremate the remains...

And it's Problem solved also I don't know why Bishop was the only one telling Jean about the Age of Apocalypse, Laura, Angel and Psylocke had all been there with X-force and Logan...

Also they could have left Glob in his head as well, it's the only way to be sure...

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_paladin_: 1) I’m pretty sure Laura was busy fighting Blob. Angel was fighting Omega Red. Psylocke.... I am not entirely sure about.

2) Even Glob was disappointed that he came back, lol.

3) I’m not even sure they know where Leech is. I sure don’t know what happened to him.

4) Proteus and Shadow King should be dead and Cassandra Nova...should possibly be reformed???

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Red_Paladin_

@pyrofn said:

@red_paladin_:

1) I’m pretty sure Laura was busy fighting Blob. Angel was fighting Omega Red. Psylocke.... I am not entirely sure about.

3) I’m not even sure they know where Leech is. I sure don’t know what happened to him.

4) Proteus and Shadow King should be dead and Cassandra Nova...should possibly be reformed???

1) Yeah Psylocke was right there and didn't say anything, I was kind of Hoping Laura would show Blob her other two claws, given his comments...

2) Yeah even Glob knows he shouldn't be in 616...

3)Leech is with the Future foundation, and it was mentioned to Old man Logan that the X-men knew the Fantastic Four were back...

4)Well we all know they'll be back, again soon, they probably just got trapped on the Astral plane again, I was suggesting a more permanent solution and quite frankly Nova was made way too powerful so she's kind of in the same boat, I figure why not clean house of all of them together...

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_paladin_: 3) Okay. I doubt they would take Leech away from his friend Franklin without good reason though, so they’d have to do some real planning beyond tricking the psychics inside Legions head. Plus, there is that whole moral code the X-Men live by.

4) And get rid of actual threatening villains?

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@red_paladin_: 3) Okay. I doubt they would take Leech away from his friend Franklin without good reason though, so they’d have to do some real planning beyond tricking the psychics inside Legions head. Plus, there is that whole moral code the X-Men live by.

4) And get rid of actual threatening villains?

3) The X-men have made hard decisions before, these are legitimately world ending threats, which is exactly why X-force exists, to deal with the moral shades of grey, Jean would object, but Kitty seemed utilitarian enough to have done it herself, then stepped down as leader, kind of like what happened in the ultimate universe, or Bishop might have decided to, then hid in the future...

4) well I personally find them to be less credible threats, and more that they are so powerful at this point that nothing really matters, there are only so many times you can up the anti without the story beginning to suffer, and needing to be grounded in something real, the problem is that they are far more powerful than at their creation, and their motives are now unclear, played out, or mostly resolved, I find the more considered, insidious villains to be far more intimidating...

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@red_paladin_:

1) I’m pretty sure Laura was busy fighting Blob. Angel was fighting Omega Red. Psylocke.... I am not entirely sure about.

1) Yeah Psylocke was right there and didn't say anything, I was kind of Hoping Laura would show Blob her other two claws, given his comments...

3)Leech is with the Future foundation, and it was mentioned to Old man Logan that the X-men knew the Fantastic Four were back...

4)Well we all know they'll be back, again soon, they probably just got trapped on the Astral plane again, I was suggesting a more permanent solution and quite frankly Nova was made way too powerful so she's kind of in the same boat, I figure why not clean house of all of them together...

2: If only the writers could understand this

4. The future foundation is not back, the Fantastic four + Franklin and valarie are back, the FF with Dragon Man as leader stayed exploring, trying to bring that energy guy back to life i think.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_paladin_: 3) Bishop probably could, as well as Psylocke, Laura, Hisako (as this and last issue blatantly showed), possibly Pixie (based on her motive last issue), Archangel, etc. Unfortunately, none of them are actual leaders and would find large resistance from the most powerful members of the team. (Kitty wasn’t exactly willing to commit murder, moreso she was willing to keep X-Man locked away to buy time for a better solution)

4) Cassandra Nova as a character is flexible enough to work in subtle ways as well as she could do blatantly. Shadow King the same way if you do it correctly. Proteus on the otherhand, Yeah, I see what you mean.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to get rid of the whole Mummadrai thing or explain it better for Cassandra Nova and she would be ok as a villain. The whole Xavier and her fighting in the womb thing was just stupid and she be retconned away

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @red_paladin_ said:
    @pyrofn said:

@red_paladin_:

2: If only the writers could understand this

4. The future foundation is not back, the Fantastic four + Franklin and valarie are back, the FF with Dragon Man as leader stayed exploring, trying to bring that energy guy back to life i think.

2) Yeah if only they would...

4) I was referring to Proteus and Shadow king being back before long rather than the Future Foundation, although if Reed can't reach/contact the future foundation anytime he wants to, then he is completely irresponsible leaving a bunch of kids there...

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reed has a habit of doing irresponsible things lol

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Red_Paladin_

@pyrofn said:

@red_paladin_:

3) Bishop probably could, as well as Psylocke, Laura, Hisako (as this and last issue blatantly showed), possibly Pixie (based on her motive last issue), Archangel, etc. Unfortunately, none of them are actual leaders and would find large resistance from the most powerful members of the team. (Kitty wasn’t exactly willing to commit murder, moreso she was willing to keep X-Man locked away to buy time for a better solution)

4) Cassandra Nova as a character is flexible enough to work in subtle ways as well as she could do blatantly. Shadow King the same way if you do it correctly. Proteus on the otherhand, Yeah, I see what you mean.

3) Kitty's Hesitation was more around the kids, being in Legions head, had they not, although she wouldn't of felt good about it, and she likely wouldn't order others to do it, she also wouldn't have stopped Apocalypse when he acted on his own to kill Legion, also I'll point out their are plenty of What if?'s where she has chosen to kill when it's for the greater good, and I believe I remember she killed a fair bit, in her time with the Guardians...

4) They both recently have been made way to powerful for most stories though, and their motives are very unclear as well, Casandra Nova's whole motivation was revenge on Charles, even her killing Mutants on mass and stirring up hostilities against them, was her attacking his dream for peaceful coexistence, with him gone she had no reason to continue, where as Shadow King until he met Charles, was all about his own self indulgence, and he wanted to get Charles for daring to stop him, this extended to the X-men because of their relationship with Charles, and Storm had her own history with him, with Charles dead he would just go back to self his own indulgence, to fix these characters they need to reduce their power and reestablish clear goals and motivations for what they are doing, otherwise they are better off the table...

@hawk2916 said:

They need to get rid of the whole Mummadrai thing or explain it better for Cassandra Nova and she would be ok as a villain. The whole Xavier and her fighting in the womb thing was just stupid and she be retconned away

Yeah personally I'd just make her a manifestation of Charles guilt anger and frustration then have him confront accept and deal with her, making Nova cease to exist, or tie her to the time Xavier became a brood, and they copied his mind to a new cloned body, I'd kind of buy her being brood Xavier without a brood body...

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

reed has a habit of doing irresponsible things lol

True, although you'd think the others would intervene more...

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate was designed to be OP from the beginning. His whole deal was he is so powerful that his own powers are killing him. Then they gave him that weird chest tat that supposedly stopped his dying and In later comics lost the vast majority of his powers.

Some where between scenes that I must have missed, he regained his powers and evidently the tattoo isn’t working any more. So now he’s dying again.

So really, you can’t compare him with the rest of the Grey/Summers clan powerwise.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: Welp, now we know he was so op because of a Life Seed. Afterwards, he is probably like any other Grey/ Summers child.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.