Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Corporation revival

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adamTRMM

I think I've seen plenty of X-fans, just like myself, see Emma Frost's natural character development in a life after X-men is to revive the X-corporation. Some others want her with HFC, I find it regressive and boring. I mean, she can still have her connections and influence to cooperate with them if needed, but as White Queen again? Well, like I said, not the most creative approach. Anyway, I was thinking about how you can make such a concept work and what kind of drive you can possibly pitch, and the ideas naturally popped up in my mind were actually the ones that are the most hm let's say controversial among the fans. What if Emma realizes that a very significant part of mutant struggles come from terrible and biased anti-PR? What if she realizes that most of the world "constitutions" refuse to meet the needed criteria of change towards acceptance and integration of mutants outside of superheroics? What if she just reaches the "boiling-point" of tolerance towards how the image of mutatkind has turned into these ever dangerous, deformed, dissocial, and "inhuman" biomass portrayals instead of cool, edgy, revolutionary, and just simply awesome, like other superheroes, only even more rad because they fight for a more defined cause ideas? What if she has a plan to how she can change these unchecked perceptions, and she needs the right people to do so? Not just X-men, maybe even not front X-men at all, there's an entire world full of mutants who have no relation to them as well. How do you improve an image of a group so controversial it generates hate even in the people they just happened to save? Well, take a look at our world. PR. You invest billions into PR and you make a total scumbag now a beloved, or at least respected persona. But mutant prowess allows you to not be so limited, you can show them it all live. How about this one, a mutant Doctor Without Border, Cecilia Reyes puts up her forcefield and walks right into the hellish pits of Syrian battlefields, but she takes no side, her task is purely humanitarian and she has the power to assure no one gets hurt or interferes. An aggressor that threatens her and her patient? He cannot hope to get past her defenses making him look impotent all while she preaches pure humanism and altruism, which all happens to be shot on camera. Why stop there? What about Dazzler, a well known celeb? Does she still has her fanbase? Once again, look at our world, here Celebrity Worship Syndrome is an actual f@cking thing! Now think about a celebrity like this. I talked about constitution, bring back Evangeline Whedon, a lawyer that with Emma's financial support can launch a storming campaign on mutant citizen rights. And that's just the tip of the iceberg since I just wildly appropriated mutant metaphor on our world happenings.

And you know what the funniest part is? Without trying, I just came up with an all female teamup, naturally, without portraying fandom as chauvinists and misogynists or screaming feminist agenda because reasons, X-mythos actually allows creators to come up with those relevant themes NATURALLY.

PS: sorry for the wall of text, but I felt like "typing..." a lot.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think I've mentioned this idea before in another thread about an Emma Frost led X-corporation. I think my premise was just pretty much the same as the original idea for X-corporation but of course adding in the major goal of a search and rescue and even protection squad for mutants in danger. The PR perspective is a nice addition as well though I don't think I would try and resurrect the idea Evangeline Whedon. It may more of a progression to have someone like say Karma have a degree as a lawyer or have Kitty really take a shot at running for office like they did in Xmen:The End. I'd like to see Sunspot running it with her along with even someone like Magneto and Dazzler. Throw in an espionage type agent like Domino or Gambit and maybe some former X-Corporation members like maybe Madrox, Magma, Monet, Warpath and some others who have typically looked out for mutants like Moonstar did or maybe even some redemption characters like Bishop or Blink. I think it could work

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I agree.

I would love to see the X-Men interact with the Avengers in something akin to X-Corporation, led by Frost. I think she could really put her cunning business sense to use and reach society through politics, but not without causing other hero teams extreme discomfort (see Emma Frost's interactions with Stark and Carol during Decimation). I think Emma would be a great mouthpiece for the justifiably disgruntled mutantkind but without the big dramatic antics of Magneto, Cyclops or Storm. It is something would be very distinctively Emma and would be a nice change of pace from being arm candy.

I would love to see Monet play a significant role, too, mostly to see someone who isn't going to be full-on hateful towards Emma but still bust her chops and keep her in check. Between Kitty, Dani, Betsy, and a slew of other X-Ladies who are outright against the woman, I'd love to see Emma have a stimulating, yet cautious friendship with another strong woman.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By adamTRMM

@hawk2916:

I think my premise was just pretty much the same as the original idea for X-corporation but of course adding in the major goal of a search and rescue and even protection squad for mutants in danger.

It's a corp not without reason, this SHOULD be sponsored as well. Response squads must exist just in case, there can also be a dangerous and disoriented mutant that needs to be contained by people who understand and can actually help, instead if eliminating.

I don't think I would try and resurrect the idea Evangeline Whedon

Man I have a soft spot for Dragon Ladies :p

Throw in an espionage type agent like Domino or Gambit

Totally.

@selina_sublime:

I would love to see the X-Men interact with the Avengers in something akin to X-Corporation, led by Frost. I think she could really put her cunning business sense to use and reach society through politics, but not without causing other hero teams extreme discomfort (see Emma Frost's interactions with Stark and Carol during Decimation).

Moreover, her and Stark discussing business on panel would be simply hilarious, I'd love to see her forcing (no TP, pure businesslike skill) him to become one of her investors!

Ah so much story potential right here, you can have an extremely progressive and multilayered book with this one.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selina_sublime: Rogue and Emma seem to have a friendship. Rogue is the X-Woman most accepting of villains turned heroes. That friendship would be good for the whole PR exercise given Rogue is an Avenger.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@tristanheron: I've always felt that they would be a fun fit as far as working together. But I never could determine what makes me feel that way. In fact I really can't find much of them together other than a therapy session between Emma, Gambit and Rogue. Any other times you can remember with them working together?

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I thought they interacted a bit at the start of Mike Carey's run, but looking back through it they didn't really talk much at all. There is this though...

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.