Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Will we ever see Iceman in live action again?

CryoModeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

He had badass scenes in XMTLS and XMDOFP but besides that he never had any decent role. Will we ever see Bobby shining or at least appearing in upcoming X-Men movies? What are your thoughts?

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AsheTDust

Unfortunately air time is divided up by the popularity of character and actor. Unless they happen to hire someone well known to portray the character I just don't see him getting a lot of screen time due to how far down the popularity food chain he is.

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately air time is divided up by the popularity of character and actor. Unless they happen to hire someone well known to portray the character I just don't see him getting a lot of screen time due to how far down the popularity food chain he is.

As far as the average viewer is concerned he ranks close to the top even among comic book fans. Only people like wolverine, Xavier(Actor) and Magneto rank above him. Also Quicksilver. Not so much about the popularity but rather what the story demands. In the Fox series Iceman started out from a different generation than the 05. Although Angel was Retcon as in Last stand dude was like mid 20's However in Apocalypse dude is like in his early 20's. Which in last stand would make him around his Early 40's. Also he didn't have Archangel wings.

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the mcu gets the rights to xmen definitely, and he will be 10x more epic.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AsheTDust

@cosmiccelest:

I enjoyed the Quicksilver scenes, but how long was he on the screen? 5 minutes per movie? Maybe a little more or less, but still substantially less than the main characters.

Unfortunately your comment about the average viewer ranking him near the top simply isn’t true. Just look at his recently canceled solo series. It had some of the lowest sales figures of any X title.

Bobby is a pretty decent character, but in my opinion he needs something to put him over the top and gain wider appeal with more audiences. I just wish I knew what it would take is all.

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmiccelest:

I enjoyed the Quicksilver scenes, but how long was he on the screen? 5 minutes per movie? Maybe a little more or less, but still substantially less than the main characters.

Unfortunately your comment about the average viewer ranking him near the top simply isn’t true. Just look at his recently canceled solo series. It had some of the lowest sales figures of any X title.

Bobby is a pretty decent character, but in my opinion he needs something to put him over the top and gain wider appeal with more audiences. I just wish I knew what it would take is all.

Most X-men Comics are doing terrible sales wise. Matter of fact most Marvel comics aren't doing so great Sales wise. Also the Quicksilver argument works against you not for you.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Probably.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

It all depends on whether or not Fox or Disney takes the rights back for the X-Men. If Fox wants to continue to do more X-Men films in the near future (if the Disney/Fox deal doesn't go through), then Fox might change it's tune a bit and try to write a better Iceman in future films. They have started to take a turn around with their films (although that can be debatable) and they might try to write a better Iceman. On the other hand, if Disney gets its hands on the X-Men franchise, then they might do an even better job with writing Iceman's character and might even make him more popular than he was before.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

no. fox is stupid

CryoModeste5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.