Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who should made a mark on the X-Men Franchise

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

The Cyclops and Jean family has, Charles has, Wolverine has, even Magneto has.

who would you like to see make a mark on the X-Men franchise

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By time1

This base on the opinions of Vance_Astro

Personally I prefer Rogue and Gambit to start a family. Have Beast or Iron Man create some technology so they can touch.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
    MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MyNameWasDeleted

I long for a really good Dazzler storyline. She was so cool back when they first encountered her (Dark Phoenix Saga) that she told them "No thanks" when they asked her to join. Sure she's had some love from Marvel ( her own series of 42 issues woohoo, a Graphic Novel, a little mini with Beast and some stuff with Excalibur) but come ON- she's a true SUPERHERO-ROCKSTAR and maybe the only true superhero rockstar. She could carry so much more story than she's ever been given. Why Marvel, ~why~ dost thou crap on all that is awesome and rockstar?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mynamewasdeleted: So you would like Dazzlier to do something very important, in a major story arc.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@time said:

Personally I prefer Rogue and Gambit to start a family. Have Beast or Iron Man create some technology so they can touch.

Professor X created a suit for Venus Dee Milo for exactly that reason.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By time1

@v_scarlotte_rose: Then they should use it. Who do you think should make a mark on the X-Franchise.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@time: No idea. I haven't read many X-Men comics so I don't know who has and hasn't made a mark.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people in my first post has,they made the most impact on X-Men on the X-Men comics.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Rouge learned to control her powers?

As for the op. I think Storm. I think the Mystique family should get a big story arc, maybe involving nightcrawlers return? Maybe even bring back destiny somehow? Nocturne can be involved too.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx: Yes she has, but she still can hurt Gambit.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@time said:

Pretty sure they can touch now, and have simply chosen not to. Which I personally think is for the best; I love Rogue, and I love Gambit, but I never cared much for either of them when they were together.

@time said:

The Cyclops and Jean family has, Charles has, Wolverine has, even Magneto has.

who would you like to see make a mark on the X-Men franchise

if the question is, which characters would I be interested in seeing start a family?

I'd have to go with Cyclops and Emma.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@oldnightcrawler: No thanks to much is centre around Scott summers.

I agree, but I think him having a second kid would be a good excuse for him to retire, thus making him less of the focus of most stories.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By time1

@oldnightcrawler: The question is about what characters would you like. to see have a major impact on the X-Men comics, a major story arc.

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MyNameWasDeleted

@time Yes!

I had hoped she and LongShot would become something more substantial, but that was a different time and there was this sorta love triangle with Rogue in the mix as well that brought some tension to it (mind you this was long before Gambit was ever forged in pinkish-purple plastic to arrive on the scene as a toy tie in for the cartoon.. but I digress -ew I hate Gambit).

She has at least as much experience as Rogue and it could be argued that she's got as much experience as Storm and so she ought to be considered for a leadership role- but no what does Marvel do? They do what they do with everyone they don't know what to do with, and shuffle her over to SHIELD. Pitiful!

I would suggest they use her notoriety as a recruitment/public relations tool and base her in San Francisco or LA or Miami, she's traveled the universe and lived all over the world, she could be a wonderful ambassador for Mutants on a global scale- she was after all one of the first Mutants outted to the public.

The potential for this character is great, I just don't get why Marvel would essentially shelve her- she could be a really incredible role model for a lot of young girls, but no... I guess they don't really need that demographic in their readership.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By time1

@mynamewasdeleted: she could promote mutant relations through her music, maybe go on tour or something and have a major event. I think she betray Cyclop, so that might be big.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@time said:

@oldnightcrawler: The question is about what characters would you like. to see have a major impact on the X-Men comics, a major story arc.

okay, well, given most of Storm's treatment in the last few decades, I guess she would be my first choice. More Storm!

No Caption Provided

if you're talking about characters who have never been given much of a chance, I'd argue that Cannonball definitely deserves more presence on the X-men. Ooh, and Rachel; she never gets her day.

No Caption Provided

also definitely wouldn't mind seeing Armor, Warpath, or M get more of a chance to shine.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Good list I agree with them all. Any ideas of what u like to see happen to them.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@oldnightcrawler: Good list I agree with them all. Any ideas of what u like to see happen to them.

other than become main characters? I dunno, off the top of my head. Though, I would like to see Cannonball actually step into a leadership role on the X-men..

I'll get back to you.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I definitely would like to see more X-Men characters make an impact on the X-Men universe besides Magneto, Cyclops and Professor Xavier. Some of the most important X-Men events did revolve around Magneto, Cyclops, Jean Grey and Xavier, but there were a couple of X-Men characters where important events did revolve around them like Days of Future Past revolved around Kitty Pryde and the Legacy Virus arc revolved around Colossus. Also, there were some important stories in the 80s where Storm was the leader of the X-Men. But, if I were to mention some X-Men characters who deserve to make a mark in the series, I would choose Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm, and Psylocke.

Demonturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Colossus, Warpath, Cannonball!!!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still waiting for a definitive Colossus, Gambit, Psylocke and Iceman story. Honestly speaking, there are loads of good stories with them, but I want a story where each X-Men take a lead role, defining each character solidly.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would love to see Storm make a huge imprint. Also i want Dani Moonstar to get a huge role. Rachel and Warpath are good choices too. Cannonball would be cool though he's gone to the avengers. I'd like to see him back maybe in a story arc where his family is endangered or something and he comes back as an Xman. I also would like to see the New Xmen get a huge shot, like their own book.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rachel - she's been always out of the picture. having a 2nd mutation would be a good twist.

storm - giving her a powerful child or a power up would do her good

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Cannonball, Husk and Chamber :D my typical answer to questions such as this

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rachel - she's been always out of the picture. having a 2nd mutation would be a good twist.

storm - giving her a powerful child or a power up would do her good

I agree, let's hope Brian Wood does something with them in his X-Men title.

sgu823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sgu823
    No Caption Provided

Sunfire - Cool power-set, interesting personality, samurai honor (just like Wolverine). The guy's been around for a VERY long time but hasn't done anything significant or been on any major teams until recently in Uncanny Avengers. He's also pretty much the only male Asian super hero in mainstream comics right now and I'd really like to see him become a more prominent figure in the Marvel U. I think he could use a power boost... and maybe a drastic costume change too, lol.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sgu823 said:

Sunfire - Cool power-set, interesting personality, samurai honor (just like Wolverine). The guy's been around for a VERY long time but hasn't done anything significant or been on any major teams until recently in Uncanny Avengers. He's also pretty much the only male Asian super hero in mainstream comics right now and I'd really like to see him become a more prominent figure in the Marvel U. I think he could use a power boost... and maybe a drastic costume change too, lol.

I totally agree with all of this except the last sentence. I'm really excited to see what they'll do with Sunfire in the Avengers, which to me seems long overdue.

But he's already crazy powerful, and his costume is perfect.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see something big happen with Nightcrawler, Rouge, and Mystique. You can even include Destiny, Nocturne. Maybe have a villan/enemy with Graydon Creed. Basically something with the Darkholme clan would be intresting.

Maybe have Danielle Moonstar do something big( although I'm also happy with her in Fearless Defenders right now).

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I long for a really good Dazzler storyline. She was so cool back when they first encountered her (Dark Phoenix Saga) that she told them "No thanks" when they asked her to join. Sure she's had some love from Marvel ( her own series of 42 issues woohoo, a Graphic Novel, a little mini with Beast and some stuff with Excalibur) but come ON- she's a true SUPERHERO-ROCKSTAR and maybe the only true superhero rockstar. She could carry so much more story than she's ever been given. Why Marvel, ~why~ dost thou crap on all that is awesome and rockstar?

Well she did just have Xtreme X-men and coming soon: Dazzler Agent of Shield

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx said:

I would like to see something big happen with Nightcrawler, Rouge, and Mystique. You can even include Destiny, Nocturne. Maybe have a villan/enemy with Graydon Creed. Basically something with the Darkholme clan would be intresting.

I've always been interested by the connections between these characters, all of whom I consider favorites. I've wondered if it might be an interesting connection to bring Rogue and Blindfold together for this reason. Isn't Blindfold like Destiny's daughter or granddaughter or whatever? and Rogue was partly raised by Destiny, so I think it could be cool to see Rogue take her under her wing a bit, like a big sister. I also think their personalities could compliment each other quite well.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I never knew the connection between Blindfold and Destiny, but I guess the more the merrier. Although wasnt Destiny a lesbian? I guess she could have been bi or went to a clinic. Idk

sgu823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Really? I always disliked his original costume. I actually like the head piece but the rest just looks... weird. His costume as famine was much better.

I wouldn't say that he's "crazy powerful". At least he hasn't had any feats to show that he is. Hopefully he'll get some opportunities in Uncanny Avengers.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#36  Edited By McKlayn

@sgu823 said:

@oldnightcrawler: Really? I always disliked his original costume. I actually like the head piece but the rest just looks... weird. His costume as famine was much better.

I wouldn't say that he's "crazy powerful". At least he hasn't had any feats to show that he is. Hopefully he'll get some opportunities in Uncanny Avengers.

he is incredibly powerful, but i dont like his costume that much but instead of a complete change id just revert to this

No Caption Provided

i had him as an action figure with this look lol,. and that trading card as a kid loved it! so yea id like to see that look back

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sgu823 said:

haha! well, I'm not going to disagree that his sister wore it better, but I really like it. It looks really distinct, but still very much in the tradition of a classic marvel superhero. Maybe I wouldn't like it as much if he were an X-man, but for an Avenger it's perfect.

yeah, I like how Thor mentioned him being on fire in space, and how he explained that. I wonder if that means he can breathe in space without his flame, or if he breathes fire..

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx said:

@oldnightcrawler: I never knew the connection between Blindfold and Destiny, but I guess the more the merrier. Although wasnt Destiny a lesbian? I guess she could have been bi or went to a clinic. Idk

I thought the speculation that she was bi was because of her long relationship with Mystique, and the unused story of being Nightcrawler's mother by way of Mystique. Of course, even if that were the actual story, it implies that Mystique would have been in the form of a man, meaning that it would be Mystique who was bi (sort of, I guess) rather than Destiny.

I'm pretty sure it's all conjecture anyway, and was never actually mentioned in the comics. Not that it matters one way or the other, since, like you pointed out, lesbians can still get pregnant.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomchu said:

I'm still waiting for a definitive Colossus, Gambit, Psylocke and Iceman story. Honestly speaking, there are loads of good stories with them, but I want a story where each X-Men take a lead role, defining each character solidly.

I'm waiting for those stories too, especially making Colossus, Gambit, Iceman and Psylocke as the leaders of the X-Men one day. I hope we get to see that some day.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Characters that I would like to see have a significant impact on the X-Men instead from the same old same old would be Iceman, Magik and Dazzler.

No Caption Provided

Iceman perhaps more than any other long time X-men character has languished in the shadows and has not really been given much of a chance to shine, despite being fantastically powerful. I have read various articles over the years were writers have said they were not sure how to write the character and as a consequence he was not used as much. Also his connection the the original 5 X-Men seems to have held him back the most compared to the others as he is always associated with the them. I know Astonishing currently has an Iceman storyline going on and He and Kitty seem to get some on page time together in other titles. Hopefully this will continue in the future.

No Caption Provided

Magik is a very interesting character since she became the ruler of limbo. A very sad story the torments the little girl had to have gone through to become what she is now. Despite the POS broken powers story line in Uncanny X-Men right now she is an intelligent, cunning member of the X-Men. She manipulated the X-Men to a point where she got Legion the kill some elder gods partially responsible for her torment. She allowed her brother to remain the avatar for Cyttorak for an extended period of time after Siege when she knew she could break the link with her soulsword at any time just so he could get some understanding what it was to be broken inside like her and stop trying to wrap her in cotton all the time. Reciently she has gone to Dr Strange in the past or another reality (not sure which) to get some training with her more magic powers. Her profile has been rising for some time but I would like to see her take a more important role in the X-Men and perhaps become more outgoing and less emotionally closed off.

No Caption Provided

Dazzler is another long time X-Man that has strong powers but has languished on the sidelined for a long time. In her case I think it was a case of some writers having the rollerskating disco queen image in their mind and not being able to get past that. Reciently she has gotten some good development in the short lived X-Treme X-Men and looks to become more significant in Uncanny X-Men. I think she should be able to play a much more important role in the X-Men if the proper writer could give her the right attention (Bendis this means you) and further allow her character to develop.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@time said:

okay, well, given most of Storm's treatment in the last few decades, I guess she would be my first choice. More Storm!

No Caption Provided

if you're talking about characters who have never been given much of a chance, I'd argue that Cannonball definitely deserves more presence on the X-men. Ooh, and Rachel; she never gets her day.

No Caption Provided

also definitely wouldn't mind seeing Armor, Warpath, or M get more of a chance to shine.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Cannonball certainly hasn't had much of a chance to shine in the X-Men lately and the move to the Avengers seems silly; then again, current X-titles, save for X-Men Vol.4, don't really represent the classic X-Men concept. New Mutants (pretty bad series on the whole, anyway as I'll say again and again) was a complete regression for him.

I'd love for Iceman, Hellion, Surge, Dust, Anole, Rockslide, Mercury, Elixir, hell, even Pixie to get more panel time/development as well.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

No Caption Provided

OR

No Caption Provided

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@knighthood: @john_valentine: @lorex:

I noticed all of you guys mentioned wanting to see Iceman in a more central role, have any of you been reading Astonishing X-men?

I had dropped the book due to lack of interest when someone told me to check out issues 62 and 63, in which Iceman is the main character, and boy am I glad I did. Besides Iceman taking a real central role in the story, these issues showcase a some really fun. classic feeling character dynamics, and some really nice looking art by GH Walta. The story looks to go on for at least another two or three issues, and I totally recommend checking it out. This book is quickly becoming a favorite for me again (probably my second favorite after X-men).

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@knighthood: @john_valentine: @lorex:

I noticed all of you guys mentioned wanting to see Iceman in a more central role, have any of you been reading Astonishing X-men?

I had dropped the book due to lack of interest when someone told me to check out issues 62 and 63, in which Iceman is the main character, and boy am I glad I did. Besides Iceman taking a real central role in the story, these issues showcase a some really fun. classic feeling character dynamics, and some really nice looking art by GH Walta. The story looks to go on for at least another two or three issues, and I totally recommend checking it out. This book is quickly becoming a favorite for me again (probably my second favorite after X-men).

#62 and #63 were great issues. As you stated, the title at the moment has that classic X-dynamic vibe (haven't enjoyed the rest of Liu's run that much). Plus, nice for a character to get some development that doesn't backtrack on their previously-defined strengths. I.e. depression hiding under this established, jovial facade.

X-Men Vol.4 and Astonishing are also probably my favourite X-titles at the moment.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By tupiaz

@time said:

Artificial insemination?

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mynamewasdeleted: read x-treme x-men. not a big mark, big enough leading a team of x-men from different realities to fix realities and stop evil chucks.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 and #63 were great issues. As you stated, the title at the moment has that classic X-dynamic vibe (haven't enjoyed the rest of Liu's run that much). Plus, nice for a character to get some development that doesn't backtrack on their previously-defined strengths. I.e. depression hiding under this established, jovial facade.

X-Men Vol.4 and Astonishing are also probably my favourite X-titles at the moment.

I've been hot and cold with this series ever since Liu took over, up until now. Each arc seems to be fundamentally a deconstruction of character values for one main character. Which is a cool approach, and she's got a pretty interesting cast to work with, and had some great character moments, but the overall plots seem a little forgettable. The character moments and pacing have become much tighter and more integrally woven on this latest arc, however, and I'm finally excited to read the next issue of this book again. it's good.

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorex: @thetimestreamer: @osian2: thanks guys for the heads up on Dazzler! I'll check out X-Treme X-Men as soon as I can. Sorry for the delay in responding- my notifications were all busted up and broke.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.