Who should be in X-Men Origins Magneto?

Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) 6 days, 22 hours ago

Poll: Who should be in X-Men Origins Magneto? (11 votes)

Magneto 100%
Wolverine (Patch) 36%
Geist (Nicholas Hitzig) 27%
Silver Samurai (Viper's bodyguard) 9%
Sunfire (Mariko's cousin) 9%
Viper 27%
Lady Deathstrike 9%
Kitty Pryde 18%
Amiko Kobayashi 9%
Yukio Kobayashi (Amiko's aunt) 9%
Mariko Yashida 9%
Cameron Pryde (Viper's accountant) 0%
Seraph (Viper's madame) 0%
Ogun (Logan's mentor) 0%
Lord Deathstrike (Kenji Oyama) 9%
Shingen Harada (Mariko's father) 0%

This story takes place shortly after X-Men Apocalypse. Magneto has fled to Madripoor, a denizen for lowlifes where no one would dare look for him. Magneto also notices that Wolverine has taken up residence there as a craftsman of swords. Both of these men met in Poland near the end of World War II. Their destinies have been intertwined by tragedy and violence. Once again, they must reluctantly join forces to take on the ghosts from their past.

#1 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

I really think this would be a great story for both Wolverine and Magneto. It could erase the mistakes from the Wolverine movie and give Magneto some depth into his Nazi hunting days which is something a lot of users want to see.

#2 Posted by ursaber (2935 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto's origins were already extensively revealed in the first X-Men film and X-Men First Class. There is no need for an origin movie.

#3 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: you raise a good point but a lot of users are crying for an origin story. Personally I would like to know why magneto didn't kill Shaw sooner or how he escaped the concentration camp. My favorite version is wolverine and captain America invade the camp which is being supervised by the red skull. Wolverine and Cap free the Jews and magneto which is why magneto won't kill Logan but he will hurt him if need be

#4 Posted by ursaber (2935 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: you raise a good point but a lot of users are crying for an origin story. Personally I would like to know why magneto didn't kill Shaw sooner or how he escaped the concentration camp. My favorite version is wolverine and captain America invade the camp which is being supervised by the red skull. Wolverine and Cap free the Jews and magneto which is why magneto won't kill Logan but he will hurt him if need be

X-Men Evolution. I loved that series. However in the movies it would not work because Magneto's origin is portrayed really well (though not extensively) and because Fox and Marvel. There is also the factor that Magneto was not as powerful before he met Charles in First Class and taught him how to move satellites and submarines.

What would be awesome is a Magneto solo movie, not origin, but maybe Michael Fassbender in between either X-Men First Class and DOFP or between DOFP and Apocalypse. Or a brand new movie that deals with him creating the Brotherhood of Mutants. A solo movie just not an origin. Personally Magneto is my favorite character in the X-Men movie franchise so a solo movie would be awesome, especially after his power was raised to godlike levels by Apocalypse, if that effect still applies.

#5 Posted by King_Nomarch (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

Fassbender and Mckellen

#6 Edited by Grayhold (122 posts) - - Show Bio

If there is gonna a be a Magneto solo movie, i think it should take roots from Magneto: Testament comic.

#7 Edited by TVC-15 (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

No thanks, I can do without The Pianist: X-Men Origins edition.

#8 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Come to think of it since I have Shadowcat involved in this movie. I could make an X-Men Origins Shadowcat movie with Wolverine as a supporting character. Right now, I'm trying to develop a Dazzler movie with Mojo, Longshot, Spiral and Shatterstar involved. By the way do you want to follow each other?

#9 Edited by ursaber (2935 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Come to think of it since I have Shadowcat involved in this movie. I could make an X-Men Origins Shadowcat movie with Wolverine as a supporting character. Right now, I'm trying to develop a Dazzler movie with Mojo, Longshot, Spiral and Shatterstar involved. By the way do you want to follow each other?

As in CV follower, sure, I follow you, you follow me. I mostly hang out in the Spider Man and X-Men forums.

#10 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I'm glad that we are following each other. I have a few more ideas to run by the X-Men forum. What do think about a Ka-Zar movie with Sauron in as the lead foe? It seems like well toned guys in the jungle don't have much appeal to movie goers. For example, legend of Tarzan or George of the jungle

#11 Posted by ursaber (2935 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I'm glad that we are following each other. I have a few more ideas to run by the X-Men forum. What do think about a Ka-Zar movie with Sauron in as the lead foe? It seems like well toned guys in the jungle don't have much appeal to movie goers. For example, legend of Tarzan or George of the jungle

Would probably worked better as a tv series or cartoon, just because of the examples you gave in Tarzan and George. However with the success of Jungle Book there is some hope. What ideas do you have for it and if there are any others.

#12 Posted by David_James (175 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would Wolverine be in it as Patch? If he appears it should be as a WWII solder.

#13 Posted by laughingbatman (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't see a need for a Magneto origins film. Plus, at the end of Apocalypse he was on good terms with the X-Men and was helping rebuild the mansion. Don't see why he'd flee.

#14 Edited by Sprior93 (12214 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want Magneto's origin for a third time. It's not that interesting. I'd rather see him as a mentor to the new mutants.

#15 Posted by ursaber (2935 posts) - - Show Bio

@sprior93 said:

I don't want Magneto's origin for a third time. It's not that interesting. I'd rather see him as a mentor to the new mutants.

I'd rather see him finally building a successful Brotherhood of Mutants that doesn't get destroyed in between the films. Magneto being a pure badass.

OH I wanna see him rip Wolverine's adamantium skeleton. That would be horrifying in the movies and Fox is definitely easing in on R rated hero movies after Deadpool and Logan.

#16 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: if you read my list about X-Men supernova, magneto and jean grey stop a radioactive asteroid from plummeting towards the earth. The radiation effects jean thus the Phoenix saga and magneto keeps the asteroid as a base. At the end of the movie, the asteroid breaks into two fragments. One hits Antarctica and spawns the Savage Land and magneto guides the other half to the coast of Africa aka genosha

#17 Posted by ursaber (2935 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: if you read my list about X-Men supernova, magneto and jean grey stop a radioactive asteroid from plummeting towards the earth. The radiation effects jean thus the Phoenix saga and magneto keeps the asteroid as a base. At the end of the movie, the asteroid breaks into two fragments. One hits Antarctica and spawns the Savage Land and magneto guides the other half to the coast of Africa aka genosha

I believe that if the entire Phoenix Saga is being adapted that it will encompass the entire movie. Are you talking about the end of the movie which will set up Magneto's standalone?

BTW Magneto is just one of the coolest dressed villains ever. He and Doctor Doom are bosses of villainy.

#18 Posted by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, logically speaking all the key points of "Magneto Origins" were shown, explored and developed in First Class and that movie had some incredible Mags moments so there's that. If anything, considering how foX now is all about expanding the universe, they can go for Genosha movie with Mags as the leading "rebellion" type. That's a daring and risky move sure, but one that can be totally something else in terms of genre limits and comic book cinema altogether. But with Mags being a planetary level powerhouse, they'll need to somehow reduce his powers back to initial pre-Xavier level because quite frankly, right now he's too damn unstoppable.

#19 Posted by ursaber (2935 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

Well, logically speaking all the key points of "Magneto Origins" were shown, explored and developed in First Class and that movie had some incredible Mags moments so there's that. If anything, considering how foX now is all about expanding the universe, they can go for Genosha movie with Mags as the leading "rebellion" type. That's a daring and risky move sure, but one that can be totally something else in terms of genre limits and comic book cinema altogether. But with Mags being a planetary level powerhouse, they'll need to somehow reduce his powers back to initial pre-Xavier level because quite frankly, right now he's too damn unstoppable.

Exactly there are many X-Men stories to adapt. We still haven't seen Proteus, Shadow King, Onslaught, etc.

#20 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: on a scale of one to ten, Dr doom is more malicious than magneto. Dr. Doom and black Adam share common grounds in defending their countrymen and killing anyone opposes them.

As for the standalone magneto movie, I'm going to overlook it. A few people have brought up good points that Magneto's origin has been depicted rather well in the X-Men films. He really doesn't need a solo unless they a house of M with scarlet Witch.

#21 Edited by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

Exactly there are many X-Men stories to adapt. We still haven't seen Proteus, Shadow King, Onslaught, etc.

A strong rumor, we are actually about to.

I could do without Onslaught. Proteus can be dope though.

#22 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@david_james: I would include a WWII scene where Wolverine rescues Magneto from the concentration camp but Magneto only remembers a camouflaged soldier with bone claws. Magneto never got a good look of his face.

#23 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingbatman: He's on good terms with the X-Men but the US and Polish government still want to prosecute him.

#24 Posted by laughingbatman (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingbatman: He's on good terms with the X-Men but the US and Polish government still want to prosecute him.

He has no need to flee. He's an expert at hiding in the open. He kills JFK, tries to kill Nixon, tries to kill Trask, and then starts a family in Europe without changing his appearance and everybody thinks he's somebody else until he uses his powers.

Or Charles can just access Cerebro and eliminate the memories of Mags' wrongdoings from the government's minds.

#25 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingbatman: You have a point about Charles' capability but neither Fox or the writers are smart enough to think that. Besides the way I wrote Magneto in X-Men Supernova will give him some credibility. Check out my list for it.

#26 Posted by DevilMayehm666 (530 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

@DevilMayehm666:

He was never named from what I can tell. "An entity that forces David's hand" can just as successfully be one of his subpersonalities.

Though, I'd love it to be either SK or Proteus.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.