Who should be in the X-Force movie?

Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) 6 days, 23 hours ago

Poll: Who should be in the X-Force movie? (21 votes)

Cable 62%
Domino 57%
Apocalypse 10%
Deadpool 43%
X-23 24%
Psylocke 57%
Archangel 43%
Mr. Sinister 24%
Colossus 14%
Forge 19%
Storm 10%
Genesis (Cable's Son) 10%
Rictor 10%
Bishop 10%
Holocaust 10%
Fantomex 14%
Shard (Bishop's sister) 10%
Trevor Fitzroy 5%

With the Deadpool trilogy inevitably leading to the creation of X-Force, who should be in the movie itself? Apocalypse could be resurrected if Sinister were to extract En Sabah Nur's essence from Storm, Angel and Psylocke since the three of them are a part of X-Force.

#1 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Force movie will definitely be a fun watch because with Ryan Reynolds witty banter and Cable's ass kicking in a post apocalyptic setting.

#2 Posted by PeterParkerJr (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should keep the X-Force team small. Something like:

• Deadpool
  • Cable
  • Domino
  • Psylocke
  • X-23

If they can't get the latter two, than I see them brining in Fantomex, or being lazy and rounding out the team with Colossus and Negasonic so they don't have to introduce any other new characters.

No idea who they'd choose for a villain. Maybe Stryfe?

#3 Edited by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

A couple of years after the known events, X-23 will become the sole mutant survivor of Logan-based future, that's where Cable comes in observing this one and deciding to "break the rules" and picks her up jumping on his quest to undo this future, which in totality makes her somewhat the Rachel Grey (with a little of Hope Summers maybe?) of foXrverse's present. That's where Deadpool resides btw, and that's where they arrive and where Cable will assemble a team to confront Weapon X. That's how all of it will make sense to me.

My perfect team would be:

• Cable
  • Warpath
  • Deadpool
  • Psylocke
  • X23

Gambit will have a special heist-expert-is-required cameo (because frankly, he needs to be propped up before his movie comes out). And Archangel can be a secret boss-project of WX, meeting the X-force/Archangel clash out of the comics. Sinister should be the mastermind (pulling even Rice's strings). I mean, THEY hinted it already.

#4 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterparkerjr: Stryfe will probably be the villain in Deadpool 2 because Deadpool, Domino and Cable hate him in some fashion.

#5 Edited by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: You raise some valid points but people would argue that if Cable is able to time travel and pluck worthy candidates for his team then why not save Logan at some point in time or for that matter perform a mercy killing on Xavier so he doesn't destroy his school.

#6 Posted by LordWhiskers (399 posts) - - Show Bio

Hugh Jackman

#7 Posted by PeterParkerJr (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm:

Has there been any news on that Gambit movie? I haven't heard a peep on that thing for a while.

#8 Posted by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterparkerjr:

The last I heard that Doug Liman left, and after watching EoT I say that a damn loss. On the bright side, JLD does have a good director now lolz

That's really interesting what made him leave one unstable comic book movie universe to join another one, maybe even more unstable, instead.

@ravenvice01:

Well that's the part of general time travel stupidity we simply learn to shrug. Why didn't Cable warn the X-men about HoM? About the T-fart? About Genosha? Well, "because" I guess. I say, to introduce some "quantum blablablabalabalabalaa mechanic" that is actually a plot device to limit the time travel that makes it much more complex and rare.

#9 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: I see what you are saying. Sometimes you have to let some bad things transpire in order to ensure a brighter future. That's kinda why everyone thinks cable and bishop are dicks. Whenever they get the idea to kill someone in order to ensure a better future, they basically kill anything in their way.

#10 Posted by Super_ninja (1159 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Psylocke !

#11 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordwhiskers: if only Hugh had a younger brother. Toby kebbell or Gerard butler could be a good substitute for Wolverine

#12 Posted by McKlayn (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannonball!! <.<

#13 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: Cannonball will be the ongoing leader of the New Mutants but not sure how many sequels New Mutants will get.

#14 Edited by David_James (175 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable, Domino, X-23, Psylocke, and Arcangel.

#15 Posted by invain (3992 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Cable
  • Domino
  • Warpath
  • Deadpool
  • Psylocke
#16 Posted by jumpstart55 (9828 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Fantomex
  • Wolverine
  • Deadpool
  • Psylocke
  • Cable
  • X-23
  • Domino
  • Archangel

#17 Posted by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01:

What they did to Bishop was over the top and a retcon that didn't sit quite well with his original characterization, even Cable, albeit being grizzled and unapologetic somewhat, was always pretty heroic. It's Decimation that pushed them to radicalism. But while with Cable and Cyclops it worked well, Bishop was simply character assassinated. The biggest misstep of Decimation era that I actually love.

Though, I still say his character 100% salvageable under the right writer with a nuanced reconstruction for a change.

#18 Edited by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way, I feel deeply insulted that Jimmy ain't in the poll.

And god, forget that skinny miscast from DoFP, I want actual Warpath:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

I want an extremely detailed and utterly graphic treatment to these lovely daggers of his as they slowly push even the R-rated limits to how cathartic disemboweling of bigots and scum can translate to live action, which in itself will make Deadpool reconsider his sanity and the most meta level as he stares right through the camera uncertain that it was actually allowed to be screened getting all: (again)

No Caption Provided

Hell there's also super strength for some skull crashing and ripping ...well, you got the picture. :)

Jimmy is just a must.

#19 Posted by TVC-15 (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

Domino and Psylocke wouldn't be able to be on the same team.

#20 Posted by PeterParkerJr (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone want Olivia Munn back as Psylocke? I thought she was decent for what time she was given.

#21 Posted by Revive (466 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#22 Posted by Fallschirmjager (22696 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to see Archangel in the X-Force movie but I'm confident he won't be. Deadpool and Cable are almost a given IMO. There will be at least 1 if not 2 female members as well.

Something tells me Archangel won't be the first choice for the last spot.

#23 Edited by Storcks (53 posts) - - Show Bio

The smart thing would be a rendition of Rick Remender's Uncanny X-force. But replace Wolverine with Cable and add Domino and toss that weirdo Fantomax.

So Cable, Domino, Archangel, Psylocke and Deadpool.

Story: Apocalypse has reincarnated and Cable has come from the future to kill him. Archangel and Psylocke seek revenge on Apocalypse and help Cable. Deadpool joined them for the fun of it. Can you kill a kid? Even if he will become worse than Hitler. Cable can but Psylocke can't.

#24 Edited by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterparkerjr: I liked her as Psylocke. I really want her character to be given more depth. Also too, people can have both Psylockes. Olivia's slightly British version and there can be a Japanese version. In fact you have given me a great idea. I'm developing an X-Men Origins Shadowcat movie rather than a Magneto solo.

#25 Posted by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone want Olivia Munn back as Psylocke? I thought she was decent for what time she was given.

She was fine. But letting her choose the thong outfit was a mistake :p

#26 Posted by PeterParkerJr (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:
@peterparkerjr said:

She was fine. But letting her choose the thong outfit was a mistake :p

I thought it looked good on her fine ass lol.

It's funny, the fans were complaining about the X-Men not having "accurate" costumes for years, and when they get them, it's all, "Cheap" and "Marvel would've done a better job." Yeesh.

#27 Posted by invain (3992 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought she was okay and would't mind seeing her return. I don't get the hate that some fans had for her.

#28 Posted by PeterParkerJr (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

@invain said:
@peterparkerjr said:

I thought she was okay and would't mind seeing her return. I don't get the hate that some fans had for her.

I think it was just the usual hate against the X-Men franchise in general.

#29 Posted by HAWK2916 (3714 posts) - - Show Bio

@storcks: This would have made the comic book run even better. Though I'm not sure about Deadpool, not sure how nobody is tired of him yet.

#30 Posted by McKlayn (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

I still want the original X force with the new mutants + cable basically lol

#31 Posted by RavenVice01 (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: Word is Michael Shannon aka General Zod is up for Cable.

#32 Posted by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Shannon is pretty much a miscast. He's a good actor, but he isn't Cable.

Personally, either Hardy (I know, I know, he's like the ultimate fancast in many ways, but when I think about a son of Tye Sheridan and Sophie Turner, for some reason I totally see him o_o) or Gerard Butler.

The 90s kid in me also wouldn't mind Dolph Lundgren, but that may be a bit extreme lolz

#33 Posted by Alias99 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterparkerjr: definitely!! I thought she did a great job for the small part, but I would like to see her have more dialog. "what WOULD his psychic say?" LOL

#34 Edited by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny, the fans were complaining about the X-Men not having "accurate" costumes for years, and when they get them, it's all, "Cheap" and "Marvel would've done a better job." Yeesh.

Nice ass and all, but it tight pants could've complemented it just as elegantly. I just hate the idea of half naked fighters in general, a pop fetish I want to be wiped out. Coming from some personal experience right here.

And no, I'm not one of the weirdos who cried over Wolverine's clearly unadaptable mask never getting a chance in live action. I liked DoFP costumes, Apoc were bad though. Marvel costumes are pretty meh as well.

#35 Edited by PeterParkerJr (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

Nice ass and all, but it tight pants could've complemented it just as elegantly. I just hate the idea of half naked fighters in general, a pop fetish I want to be wiped out. Coming from some personal experience right here.

And no, I'm not one of the weirdos who cried over Wolverine's clearly unadaptable mask never getting a chance in live action. I liked DoFP costumes, Apoc were bad though. Marvel costumes are pretty meh as well.

Nah, I feel you on that, and I wasn't insinuating that you were one of those weirdos lol. I liked the costumes in DOFP. People place a little way too much stock in costumes, IMO. Like it'll make or break the movie for them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.