Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who is your favorite female member of the X-Men?

• 117 results
    MagneticStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pyrofn: I'm also curious to know what it is about Jean Grey's character that stands out to you (excluding the phoenix force). Is it that she's a good "wholesome" girl with untapped potential or what?

PhoenixEgg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean

Ro

Rogue

And Betsy Braddock really took hold of new real estate in my mind over the past decade or so.

But really there are so many more. I love the X-Men mostly for the X-Women.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magneticstorm: It’s the maintaining the good girl personality. Believe it or not, unknown to anyone unless they consider Phoenix, Jean has both a temper and a dark side. The untapped potential has always been left untapped because she is scared of what she could become. This was only exasperated by Madelyne Pryor and Dark Phoenix. Nowadays, jean has gotten past that fear and is working on seeking out that potential she had left simmering in the 90’s until she decided after the Onslaught Saga, “I’m tired of this. I know I’m capable of so much more and I’m gonna figure just what that is. I won’t change because of it, I’ll only be stronger.”

So, with that power, she has to constantly show other people that she is of no danger to them, show herself that what she is doing is right, show her teammates that this is her and not some all-powerful cosmic entity, and show the villains and naysayers that she doesn’t need to compromise who she is to achieve actual results. It may sound perfect, but if you pay attention to the work she has to put into it to make it possible and the moments where she does fall short, that saintly and motherly image of Jean Grey is made more clear as not an easy thing, but rather just a result of Jeans convictions put into action.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Reading New X-Men gave me ALL new respect on Jean Grey.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: You can also get the other sides of Jean Grey from different books around this time. Like the cameo in Jessica Jones, X-Treme X-Men has a more casual Jean Grey, and Uncanny has Jeans more passionate side.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I think my favorite version of Jean is New X-Men and X-Treme X-Men. Her conversation with Storm when she died was very touching to me. And then switching over to New X-Men I see the hardass Jean I like that :-)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: Oh yes. In New X-Men Jean is all business until she finds out about the affair or until she starts talking to Logan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I thought that was the most funnies thing ever. "Shut Up Scott" lol talk about soap opera.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: Lol, She was so done with him at that moment. Compared to what Emma got though, Scott got off real easy. He even managed to run off after getting angry Jean of all things. He is so, so lucky she didn’t pin him down telekinetically. We are talking about the girl who in her fits of rage accidentally unleashed her powers full force, who telekinetically pulls others back to confront them, and sometimes even antagonizing them period. It’s not without reason, but Jean hardly is one to hold back her temper once she has had enough, yet in that moment, Scott got off unscathed while Emma was crippled on the floor scarred.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I agree 100%. See that was kinda dumb. How is Scott mad at Jean for flipping out on Emma when he TP cheated on her. And yes to be honest I think that is cheating your having thoughts about doing another woman...WHY? Your right Scott did get off free because he was acting like B%$*. "Jean what's wrong with you!!" shut up Scott -_-. I'm sorry, but that was a B*&% move on Scott. Then i'm supposed to feel sorry for Emma while Jean was tearing into her past....NO! No. I'm sorry no sympathy here. IMO Jean had every right to tear into BOTH of them Scott and Emma. Then Jean dies and SOMEHOW Scott believes that Jean wants him to move on with Emma??? mmmm I don't think so No.

Personally I don't want Jean to get back together with Scott, but i'm sure it will happen *sigh*

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By PyroFN

@mooty_pass: Ditto on that.

Though it might have to do with a bit of bias towards Emma, I don’t entirely blame Emma as much as Scott. Needless to say, I mellowed about the whole Scott situation. I like him quite a bit whereas before I merely felt indifference. There might be some that think that I don’t find fault with Jean. I actually do, but the things she did were never the catalyst to the downfall of hers and Scott’s relationship beyond being too busy to work on her relationship with him. It’s a very complicated and all-around tragic story.

It’s why I felt it to be a bit of a cop out to kill Jean off. Scott is free to do what he wants without having to face the one who it affects most, Jean Grey. After Jean, it’s Rachel who is the most affected, but Emma handled it and Rachel eventually forgave Scott. I definitely would’ve kept Jean around for Whedons run if I were writing, to explore the repercussions of Scott’s new relationship, the death of their old relationship, the experience with becoming Phoenix after all these years, and nearly being killed rather than outright dying.

Like just imagine this scenario:

Everything is virtually the same in Whedons run, the fight between Scott and Logan, Colossus Resurrection, the X-Men’s involvement with SWORD, Kitty in the giant bullet, etc. Now, put Jean there, what do you have? Someone depressed about her failed marriage. Because of it, she stepped down as headmistress and Scott and Emma take over. Because she is so dedicated to Xavier’s dream, she stays as a teacher, but keeps her distance not just from Scott, but from everyone. Closed off. Kitty greets her warmly, but notices Jeans much more distant attitude. Logan is around Jean more to comfort her, but Jean still keeps him at arms length because she is still hurting. Hank tries to conversate with Jean, but it’s been more strangely distant than before. The resurrection of Colossus becomes the first genuine happy moment for Jean since her divorce. Jean nonetheless isn’t on the team due to the obvious elephant in the room. Jean amicably works with Scott, but gives him the cold shoulder after they finish with their meet ups, no matter how many times Scott tries to reach out with an olive branch. Scott and Logan’s fall out ends with Jean separating them telekinetically and scolding them in front of the school, while Emma says something snarky to Beast about the situation similar to her line back then. Jean does eventually rejoin the team and its history from there. I can just see it working wonderfully.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@mooty_pass: Ditto on that.

Thank You :-)

Though it might have to do with a bit of bias towards Emma, I don’t entirely blame Emma as much as Scott. Needless to say, I mellowed about the whole Scott situation. I like him quite a bit whereas before I merely felt indifference. There might be some that think that I don’t find fault with Jean. I actually do, but the things she did were never the catalyst to the downfall of hers and Scott’s relationship beyond being too busy to work on her relationship with him. It’s a very complicated and all-around tragic story.

Your too nice. I Blame Both. Honestly, Pyrofn that's a poor excuse on Scott's part. I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. But as of now it's old news to me lol. I'm just laughing how dumb it was back then and how these characters handle situations as such.

It’s why I felt it to be a bit of a cop out to kill Jean off. Scott is free to do what he wants without having to face the one who it affects most, Jean Grey. After Jean, it’s Rachel who is the most affected, but Emma handled it and Rachel eventually forgave Scott. I definitely would’ve kept Jean around for Whedons run if I were writing, to explore the repercussions of Scott’s new relationship, the death of their old relationship, the experience with becoming Phoenix after all these years, and nearly being killed rather than outright dying.

No Caption Provided

You just read my Mind.

Like just imagine this scenario:

Everything is virtually the same in Whedons run, the fight between Scott and Logan, Colossus Resurrection, the X-Men’s involvement with SWORD, Kitty in the giant bullet, etc. Now, put Jean there, what do you have? Someone depressed about her failed marriage. Because of it, she stepped down as headmistress and Scott and Emma take over. Because she is so dedicated to Xavier’s dream, she stays as a teacher, but keeps her distance not just from Scott, but from everyone. Closed off. Kitty greets her warmly, but notices Jeans much more distant attitude. Logan is around Jean more to comfort her, but Jean still keeps him at arms length because she is still hurting. Hank tries to conversate with Jean, but it’s been more strangely distant than before. The resurrection of Colossus becomes the first genuine happy moment for Jean since her divorce. Jean nonetheless isn’t on the team due to the obvious elephant in the room. Jean amicably works with Scott, but gives him the cold shoulder after they finish with their meet ups, no matter how many times Scott tries to reach out with an olive branch. Scott and Logan’s fall out ends with Jean separating them telekinetically and scolding them in front of the school, while Emma says something snarky to Beast about the situation similar to her line back then. Jean does eventually rejoin the team and its history from there. I can just see it working wonderfully.

LOL Storm pops Emma for talking Shit about Jean. HAHA. But for the most part I agree with you.

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@pyrofn said:

Given where Morrison had Jean heading story wise, If she had survived the end of the run, she would of certainly been the one officially leading the X-men, strongly supported by Logan, with Scott & Emma on the outs with the main team...

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By PyroFN

@red_paladin_: That would imply the team would’ve split and Jean is not one to separate the X-Men for any reason unless they choose to live their lives as they want or if it’s necessary when there is too much going on. If it were for a reason of pettiness like an argument or taking sides, Jean would stop them dead in their tracks and start scolding people.

I’m also thinking of the consequences that divorce would have on Jean emotionally. Like I said, I don’t believe Jean would have outright quit due to her strong convictions and stubbornness, but I do think she would’ve taken breaks in less involved roles to recover like when she went to college or when Scott was presumed dead after the events of the twelve. Eventually though, Jean would’ve gotten back into her groove like she did in the past.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Super_ninja
    No Caption Provided

She's my favorite (M). i wish they would put her in the X-men movies.

Satyrday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel deserves her own movie or to be in Deadpool 3 ... with Cable.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc073360931e
    deactivated-5cc073360931e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Psylocke

antiwhipped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.