Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who is the Strongest mutant female

blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blacharrt

There are a lot of powerful ladies in the X-camp.  I want to know if it was a battle royal to see who the alpha female was who would win?  And I know a lot of people would say Phoenix, but news flash the Phoenix force isn't a mutant power.  So i want to know currently who is the strongest X women today.

My top five would be:
    Dazzler
    Storm
    Psylock
    Polaris
    M

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Skaddix

Strongest on Utopia is Storm by far.

tamerafox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tamerafox

I still say Jean Grey. But after her, Psylocke. They existentially have the same powers. I grew up wanted to be both! My list is best off of Ultimate X-MEN, because that's all I've read.
    My top five:  
    Marvel Girl
    Psylocke  
    Shadow Cat  
    Rogue 
    Storm

blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blacharrt
    @tamerafox: 

I actually liked ultimate version of Dazzler, shame they killed her.  I kind of stopped reading it after  giant tidal wave killed a lot of people.

Another interesting question is, Should Polaris even be put on the list since her mutant powers were shut off, and she was given new ones by apocalypse.  It is still very unclear what the source of the new powers are, but it's clear it's not from her x-gene.
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Surely currently Hope Summers is right up in terms of power.

mww1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mww1982

Hope Summers 
    Jean Grey 
    Rachel Grey 
    Psylocke 
    Emma Frost 
    Storm at the bottom...
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By IrishX  Online
    @lazystudent said:
    "Surely currently Hope Summers is right up in terms of power. "

Yep if it isn't Jean than I'm giving it to Hope.
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @IrishX:  Its a tough call thou since she hasnt shown alot power wise. but then again she has shown some climpses of a huge potential raneg of powers which should be enough to take it.
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blacharrt
    @mww1982: 
    So you're saying all of them can beat storm to become the alpha female?  jean is currently dead. but for the sake of argument let's say she wasn't what exactly would she do to beat storm? Rachel, Emma, or Psylock couldn't beat storm if she wanted to shut them down there is nothing for them to do to stop her She can produce more raw power than any of them at a given time.  She highly resistant to telepathy everyone knows that. And she had more than enough experience to shut down a telekinetic.
    I think honestly melee wise psylock, and hope would give her the best fight. Power wise, Rachel and Jean with the phoenix could match her, without it i don't think telekinesis is enough to beat her.
    mww1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mww1982
    @blacharrt:
    Psylocke already DID beat Storm in Extreme X-Men she took down the whole team, thank you very much. And yes all those ladies have more than enough power and skills to take down Storm........ Sorry,......
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Skaddix

Well Hope does not count because of Pheonix Force Restriction.  And she doesn't know how to use her powers and they don't auto activate definesvely so she is impossible to rank consistently but at max, she is the strongest.

Storm has beat Frost in every recent encounter decisively. Rachel cannot win without PF and is in Space Limbo Anyway. Psylocke, I don't remember Extreme so Scans for that but her power is far too inconsistent to tell how strong she is most of the time but Based on Feats Storm wins.

mww1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mww1982
    @Skaddix:
    I don't scan my comics sorry, but at the time Storm was deciding who should be second in command. So they had a battle and the strongest was the one. Psylocke won, with limited powers. She had very limited teke, and no TP. Psylocke outwitted them all, I am sorry Storm is powerful, but a telekenetic can do anything they want to..... 

@blacharrt:
    Also Jean is NOT dead. She is in the White Hot Room gathering her pieces, also we have seen recent evidence of Jeans activity when she removed her pieces from Rachel and her boy toy Korvus and the Cookoo triplets, so..... 

blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blacharrt
    @mww1982: 

last i saw of jean's physical body it was having a massive stroke and she died.  The fact that she merge with the phoenix force to become the White Phoenix of the crown has nothing to do with anything here.  She's dead in 616.  She maybe in a different dimension still dead on earth.  Storm was able to prevent the jean grey with an out of control phoenix with the force of her tornado while she was badly injured, she was also able to prevent her from using telekinesis by prevent air going inside her lungs.  She can also control and manipulation oxygen and pressure to a point where she can completely disorient an combatant.  And what Skaddix said is also true her powers are very inconsistent, but given her showing in necrosha. I still say it would be a good fight. 

Hope could pull out a win if she could control her powers, that showing of her in the last legacy where Hellion had to save her... doesn't really show she would be storm.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Husk, or Magik, maybe even Magma, Banshee.  Magik certainly has the attitude.
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Skaddix

Well Magik has the attitude but goes down to a fast enough attack, Banshee has no tp defense and Sound is not going to work against Storm. Magma is pretty strong though but still no tp resistance. Husk is weak in 616 now Age or Poccy Husk was awesome.

mww1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mww1982
    @blacharrt:
    You may want to read X-Men Endsong, Jean is in fact alive in 616, and after has made appearences in Uncanny X-men in the Sisterhood arc, and Claremont End of Greys, so............ 

Also Psylocke has already taken down Storm,..... Extreme X-Men, read it.
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blacharrt

wait a minute magma's lava form isn't tp resistant hmmm, that kinda doesn't make sense.  I know after m-day empath was able to get through to her and she stopped burning down a village. 

I don't think Banshee would need it considering her sonics can disrupt thoughts, but I guess that would come down to reaction time.  Most likely wouldn't work on storm considering she controls the wind, which carries sound.

For magik who is she not fast enough to contend with? Her stepping disk could give her a great advantage.
    I like Husk i don't see enough of her, glad she was in legacy in Nercosha, it was a good showing for her.  I agree AoA husk was interesting didn't think the brown hair suited her, also way too much black. Rogue could be a great contender depending on who she got her hands on.  She's always had creative ways to get in contact with people.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Thunderscream

the title of this thread made me think you meant physical strength. aren't there tons of "who's the most powerful mutant" threads?

blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blacharrt

well i did a search before i made this thread, i didn't find one with the title, it's possible. Are they specifically for the women of the x-men.. i didn't see any.

Chesapeake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Chesapeake

Monet
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By riri4life

If we're not counting Jean, then Storm ftw!

shadow death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By shadow death

hope

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Mercy_

Jean Grey

GabrielNox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GabrielNox

Pixie.

I know she's not, but that bit were she made Logan see unicorns was just epic.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mercy_
    @GabrielNox said:
    "

Pixie.

"
    It most certainly was. Do you remember what issue it was?
    Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacharrt:   ok, so yes pheonix isnt a mutant power--BUT, hope's mutant power is to attract the pheonix force.  its like saying storm's mutant power isnt hurricanes, it is the mutant ability to create hurricanes. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mercy_
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    " @blacharrt:   ok, so yes pheonix isnt a mutant power--BUT, hope's mutant power is to attract the pheonix force.  its like saying storm's mutant power isnt hurricanes, it is the mutant ability to create hurricanes.  "
    Jean Grey has a second mutation akin to the Phoenix Force. And Hope's power is mimicry, which doesn't work without other mutants around. 
    GabrielNox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GabrielNox
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @GabrielNox said:
    "

Pixie.

"
    It most certainly was. Do you remember what issue it was? "
    I just checked, New X-Men 42.
    jakeeboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By jakeeboi

Emma Frost? or Rogue?

Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Dark Huntress said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    " @blacharrt:   ok, so yes pheonix isnt a mutant power--BUT, hope's mutant power is to attract the pheonix force.  its like saying storm's mutant power isnt hurricanes, it is the mutant ability to create hurricanes.  "
    Jean Grey has a second mutation akin to the Phoenix Force. And Hope's power is mimicry, which doesn't work without other mutants around.  "
    huh?  how is her power mimicry?  we all saw the pheonix force.  and her cyclops beams are because of a connection to him that will be explained later.
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By blacharrt

i actually did read Phoenix Endsong, although it's been some time.  The Phoenix entity still isn't a mutant although jean is.

There in lies the problem with hope, consistency.  She only really displayed that kind of power once.  It's still a mystery how she could manifest the phoenix force, possibly the same way Ink could manifest it as well.  In that instance it was made by a mutant power, that mutant being the person who gave ink his powers to begin with. As I remember he was still in a coma assumed to be on Utopia since there is no other mention of him.  That's just speculation in the sense that the phoenix force could be a mutant power.

But going back to Hope's history she has had several power that she has not shown to use again.  Now her last showing against Omega sentinel was a very weak one for the mutant Messiah who almost got killed, and had to be saved.  If she can Manifest kind of power on a regular basis, then I'd see her as a viable person to lead the x-women.  But right now Emma could take her out easy, psylock could, Dazzler could, Husk could, Rogue could, Armor could and the list goes on.  To her credit she was trained by cable which giver her a little more combat and tactical experience then some of the other rookie x-men.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mercy_
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    Jean Grey has a second mutation akin to the Phoenix Force. And Hope's power is mimicry, which doesn't work without other mutants around.  "
    huh?  how is her power mimicry?  we all saw the pheonix force.  and her cyclops beams are because of a connection to him that will be explained later. "
    Hmm. My mistake. I don't know why I was working on that assumption.  

@blacharrt said:
    " i actually did read Phoenix Endsong, although it's been some time. "
    It was one of the first comics I ever read. 
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Dark Huntress said:
    huh?  how is her power mimicry?  we all saw the pheonix force.  and her cyclops beams are because of a connection to him that will be explained later. "
    Hmm. My mistake. I don't know why I was working on that assumption.

maybe im wrong i havent read second coming but messiah complex, messiah war, and comicvine wikis seemed to indicate that.  but i might have made a mistake. 

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By agent9149

No Caption Provided
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By blacharrt
    @The Dark Huntress:  really??? how old are you.... i'm feeling ancient right now.........................

Her mutant power was explain by prodigy to be Mutant power mimicry, and she mimics the power at it's full potential.  So really she is a female version of the isolationist, although I don't recall her manifesting more than one power at a time, or as often as she did fighting bastion.  Can she do it yes, clearly she can but would she do it now, it's highly doubtful.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mercy_
    @blacharrt: I'm 20, almost 21. But I only started reading comics about a year ago and I mostly read trades.  

@agent9149: LOL what? I love Emma, one of my favorite characters. But there are others who have her outclassed. If you're talking physical strength alone, then a good case could be made for her diamond form. 
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Thor's hammmer

Jean or Hope or wanda
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By blacharrt
    @The Dark Huntress:  I don't feel so old then, you're not that much younger than me =)

I can't believe i forgot about ink manifesting the phoenix force through a mutant power.  Well that explains that whole phoenix mess for me.
    Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Aqua11500

I wouldn't say Hope because we haven't seen enough of her powers,there are only short instances where Hope gives off MASSIVE potential.for right now she can't control her powers and activate them by will,they just happen with randomness of emotions...majority of the time.. 
    So i would say she isn't the most powerful simply because she is too inconsistent right now.Same goes for Psylocke.one minute she is shown being the massive Telekinetic,then she can only manifest her tele Katana's but have trouble performing other telekinetic task,one minute she is powerful telepath,next she is limited to certain things,one minute she is immune to probing next thing she isn't etc.... 

Rogue is too unstable,you never know what you'll get wit her around. 

Emma isn't all that powerful,she one of the most strongest telepaths in the world,but many fall under that category ...

The Rest are little girls and aren't heavy hitters:Pixie,Armor,Kitty etc..  

Jean is dead/White Hot room etc.. same thing 
    Wanda is crazy as %*@!$,but currently i'm not sure how powerful she is.the most powerful feat she ever pulled was the "No more mutants" stuff.currently i have no idea whats going on with her . 

------------------------------- 

Right now the most powerful are Storm and maybe Magik and Wanda(not sure) 
    But Magik is at her strongest in the limbo realm,so i would say Ororo based on her overall feats, even with the little things she did within the recent years.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
    @Skaddix: Just an FYI... 
    @blacharrt:
    Just an FYI...
    @mww1982 said:
    "@blacharrt: Psylocke already DID beat Storm in Extreme X-Men she took down the whole team, thank you very much. And yes all those ladies have more than enough power and skills to take down Storm........ Sorry,...... "

This is incorrect. I have every issue of X-treme X-Men, and Psylocke and Storm never fought each other. Psylocke battled Rogue and Thunderbird in the danger room and she beat them. Other than that Psylocke helped fight the Guardia Civil when they arrived in Spain and was killed by Vargas in the 3rd issue and did not return until Uncanny. 

When she returned from the dead in Uncanny her TK was massively powerful (even greater then Rachel Grey) but since the Sisterhood story arc her TK/TP level is not clear...though I still think she is pretty powerful.   
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I still think people underestimate Jean Grey without the Phoenix Force, because you need to be extremely powerful to be a host of it.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mercy_
    @THUNDERBOLT30 When was her TK stated or proven to be more powerful than Rachel's?
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I think Jean Grey, if she were still alive (fingers crossed for her return), was the most powerful X-Man, male or female. I still think this could arguable to a degree but outside of her I think Storm is currently the most powerful female on the x-roster. Dazzler and Emma are also up there.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @THUNDERBOLT30 When was her TK stated or proven to be more powerful than Rachel's? "

What's up DH :-).... It was in X-treme X-men. I can provide the scan if you like. Rachel stated that Psylocke's TK was at level that even she could not match.
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @THUNDERBOLT30 said:
    " @THUNDERBOLT30 When was her TK stated or proven to be more powerful than Rachel's? "
    What's up DH :-).... It was in X-treme X-men. I can provide the scan if you like. Rachel stated that Psylocke's TK was at level that even she could not match. "
    I remember that.
    RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RLAAMJR
    @mww1982 said:
    " @Skaddix:
    I don't scan my comics sorry, but at the time Storm was deciding who should be second in command. So they had a battle and the strongest was the one. Psylocke won, with limited powers. She had very limited teke, and no TP. Psylocke outwitted them all, I am sorry Storm is powerful, but a telekenetic can do anything they want to..... 

@blacharrt: Also Jean is NOT dead. She is in the White Hot Room gathering her pieces, also we have seen recent evidence of Jeans activity when she removed her pieces from Rachel and her boy toy Korvus and the Cookoo triplets, so.....          "
    can you show me scans that Psylocke beat Storm, if that's what you meant?
    oldgum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By oldgum

Molly Hayes XD

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mercy_
    @THUNDERBOLT30
    @The Dark Huntress said:

What's up DH :-).... It was in X-treme X-men. I can provide the scan if you like. Rachel stated that Psylocke's TK was at level that even she could not match.
    Just chiiling, working on some writing for the RPG section For real? I would LOVE the scan.
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @THUNDERBOLT30
    @The Dark Huntress said:

Just chiiling, working on some writing for the RPG section For real? I would LOVE the scan. "

Cool...I love RPG's....have you checked out DragonAge?  

Here is the scan. It is from Uncanny X-Men #455. Psylocke just returned from the dead....

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @THUNDERBOLT30 
    "You sodding, pathetic excuse for worm food...."She has a way with words.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mercy_
    @THUNDERBOLT30 said:
    " @THUNDERBOLT30
    @The Dark Huntress said:

Just chiiling, working on some writing for the RPG section For real? I would LOVE the scan. "

Cool...I love RPG's....have you checked out DragonAge?  

Here is the scan. It is from Uncanny X-Men #455. Psylocke just returned from the dead....

No Caption Provided
    "
    They're a lot of fun and no, I haven't.  

Holy crap that's impressive. Was this before or after Rachel's black hole feat?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.