Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who else wants the 'X' titles to interact more with other titles?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus

It seems like, ever since M-Day, there have been two classifications of story arcs. 1) Those that are centered completely around an 'X' team or team member 2) Those that are focused around everybody else.
    I'm just getting a bit tired of the 'X' people being their own little island that has minimal interaction with the rest of the superhero world.

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Watch Dog

I do. Its been along time disappointment to me that they have not been for so long.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

I'd like there to be more continuity between the X-Books.  Hell, some of their writers don't seem to remember the rubbish they wrote themselves.  

But yeah, I was looking through the Secret Wars II the other week and it struck me how separated the X-Men have become from the rest of the Marvel Universe.  They used to be a big draw in a huge company cross-over.  Now they're just a tacked on side-story.  
    Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By EisforExtinction

They should have the individual X-Men books interact first.

geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By geometry

Is anyone besides me aware of how long Uncanny or Astonishing could've been working with Black Panther? It's quite confusing as to why it hasn't happened yet.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Power NeXus

BTW, how have the X-Men been exempt from the Superhuman Registration Act? I know they were neutral and uninvolved in the Marvel Civil War, but I don't see how that would make the US government not jump at the chance to get all their mutant butts registered once and for all.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By pixelized
    @Power NeXus said:
    " BTW, how have the X-Men been exempt from the Superhuman Registration Act? I know they were neutral and uninvolved in the Marvel Civil War, but I don't see how that would make the US government not jump at the chance to get all their mutant butts registered once and for all. "
    Emma had a sit down with Tony. 

I don't mind them being separate, why would they need to mosey around with the avengers or spiderman anyway?
    Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Paragon

Pick up X-Men/Dark Avengers: Utopia. It's the start of a crossover there between those two teams in the Uncanny books and the Dark Avengers books. Just started today.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Power NeXus
    @pixelized: For the same reasons that the Avengers and Fantastic 4 and everybody are all having inter-connected story arcs: because it's cool. It's always cool when you get crossovers and team-ups between people who don't usually work with each other.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pixelized
    @Power NeXus said:
    " @pixelized: For the same reasons that the Avengers and Fantastic 4 and everybody are all having inter-connected story arcs: because it's cool. It's always cool when you get crossovers and team-ups between people who don't usually work with each other. "
    but with the X-Men, they have all of their people in a warehouse, it'd be a stretch for them to enlist the help of the fantastic four for anything. But as P-Gon pointed out, there's a new crossover that just happened today.
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12  Edited By Meteorite

Massive crossovers (Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign) are starting to get boring. They should finish off Dark Reign, and then have all the characters in their separate titles for a while. I'm not saying they should never have a massive crossover again, but they could at least take a break for one or two years.

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

The X-men are known for sticking to their own problems. they deal with mutant affairs. It doesn't make sense to have them crossover with other titles who do not.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#14  Edited By time1

There to many crossovers, house of m, civil war, secret invasions, it's just too much crossovers.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hadrelius

I just want less of them. Two Xmen comics and one younger generation would be fine.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Power NeXus
    @Abnormally Warm Guy said:
    "The X-men are known for sticking to their own problems. they deal with mutant affairs. It doesn't make sense to have them crossover with other titles who do not."

I don't see why they should deal solely in mutant affairs. If they just keep themselves tucked away in their own little mutant world, then isn't that showing some kind of racism and prejudice against humans? The X-Men are supposed to be about integration between the mutant and human worlds.
    Cap. Briny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cap. Briny

The X-men being shut away and secluding their affairs from the rest of the super hero community kinda sets off the bigot alarm in my head.  They should practice their social skills...or maybe people should practice their mutant social skills...aha i have it.

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@Cap. Briny: They will help humans in need but heir priorities are trying to help the mutant community in any way they can that hopefully won;t lead to violence especially now that they are an endangered species. It's not being a bigot it's survival.  There are only about 160 left on the entire planet since Messiah Complex.
    Renascence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Renascence

In a way I do, but I don't want the X-Books to become buddy-buddy with the Avengers or the Fantastic Four.

I think it would be interesting to see an almost antagonistic relationship between the superheroes and the mutants, mainly to really solidify the mutant theme.  People always wonder why, prior to Civil War, people weren't as afraid of the Thing, and I think a little paranoia and fear from other heroes would work.

They don't necessarily have to be enemies, but I can see them giving the side-eye to them dangerous and uncanny mutants (and not be all that enthusiastic to help reversing M-Day).

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By John Valentine
    @Renascence said:
    "In a way I do, but I don't want the X-Books to become buddy-buddy with the Avengers or the Fantastic Four.I think it would be interesting to see an almost antagonistic relationship between the superheroes and the mutants, mainly to really solidify the mutant theme.  People always wonder why, prior to Civil War, people weren't as afraid of the Thing, and I think a little paranoia and fear from other heroes would work.They don't necessarily have to be enemies, but I can see them giving the side-eye to them dangerous and uncanny mutants (and not be all that enthusiastic to help reversing M-Day)."

Wolverine?
    Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kain
    @Power NeXus said:
    " BTW, how have the X-Men been exempt from the Superhuman Registration Act? I know they were neutral and uninvolved in the Marvel Civil War, but I don't see how that would make the US government not jump at the chance to get all their mutant butts registered once and for all. "
    They are all registered. The Government has files on most of the remaining mutants after M-Day.

X-men focus on their own problems because they can't trust any of the other none mutant teams to help them, like Emma Frost said to Tony "Where were the Avengers when Genosha was dying?" If the X-men don't focus on their own problems then who will? They can't rely on outside help so they deal with it themselves and don't get involved in other heroes problems.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Kain: That's a good argument, but the fact that they rarely show up in any other title, other then Wolverine is pretty dumb. Yeah the X-Men want to focus on mutant related problems, but what about those problems that involve everyone not just mutants. It goes both ways though, you rarely see a non-X character in the X-books. The writers treat the X-Men like they are their own little world where mutants are the only super powered beings. I would like to see more crossovers with X-Men/Avengers or FF4/X-Men, it just makes sense when the world as a whole is full of super beings. You might also get more fans to like the X-Men, that's the reason I don't read those titles because the problems of the mutant world alone don't interest me, its the same thing "They hate us because we're different" sorry that gets old quick. Now if say they had a good crossover that involved the Avengers and the X-Men I would probably pick up the X-Titles as long as it builds on the stories and not just show it from the mutant point of view.
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Power NeXus
    @Kain said:
    "@Power NeXus said:
    They are all registered. The Government has files on most of the remaining mutants after M-Day.X-men focus on their own problems because they can't trust any of the other none mutant teams to help them, like Emma Frost said to Tony "Where were the Avengers when Genosha was dying?" If the X-men don't focus on their own problems then who will? They can't rely on outside help so they deal with it themselves and don't get involved in other heroes problems."

But if all they ever do now is focus on preserving their 'own kind', then aren't they being racist. In working this hard to ensure the continuation of the mutant race, they are basically saying that mutants are different from humans, and are more worthy of the X-Men's attention. Charles Xavier has been trying to tell us all these years that mutants and humans should be treated as equals, not as people of two totally separate races. If they really don't think of themselves as superior to humans, why would they care so much that mutants are an endangered species?
    Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kain

The fact that they're going extinct is a big factor as to why they stay away from other matters and it isn't entirely just them. Most of the super hero community don't get involved with them either.

With their race almost going extinct, of course that will be there first order of business. It's just like how from what I have seen Humans as a species tend to be more important to the human heroes, you'll be very hard stretched to find any of the human heroes helping a mutant being attacked in the streets, they're too busy looking after their own kind much like the X-men have been forced to do.

They don't want to have to separate themselves but with how things are they have been left very little choice. Thinking of yourself as superior has nothing to do with it as a species their main instinct much like most others is to survive, do you see humans lining up for annihilation if their numbers dwindle on the verge of extinction? No.

The X-men avoiding most other heroes has only happened over the last few years as back before M Day Cyclops was all about going out and helping everyone like heroes do but now he's been forced to put all his attention on preserving mutant kind.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Power NeXus
    @Kain said:
    "The fact that they're going extinct is a big factor as to why they stay away from other matters and it isn't entirely just them. Most of the super hero community don't get involved with them either. With their race almost going extinct, of course that will be there first order of business. It's just like how from what I have seen Humans as a species tend to be more important to the human heroes, you'll be very hard stretched to find any of the human heroes helping a mutant being attacked in the streets, they're too busy looking after their own kind much like the X-men have been forced to do.They don't want to have to separate themselves but with how things are they have been left very little choice. Thinking of yourself as superior has nothing to do with it as a species their main instinct much like most others is to survive, do you see humans lining up for annihilation if their numbers dwindle on the verge of extinction? No.The X-men avoiding most other heroes has only happened over the last few years as back before M Day Cyclops was all about going out and helping everyone like heroes do but now he's been forced to put all his attention on preserving mutant kind."

Why should extinction of their race be such a big factor to them? They're supposed to be all about breaking down the walls between 'races' and recognizing everyone, human and mutant, as total equals.
    I understand they have a duty to protect mutants for the reason that most non-mutant heroes avoid those problems. But that doesn't seem to be the reason the X-Men help other mutants. They help them just because they're mutants. Not because there's nobody else around who wants to help.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Saying mutants are going extinct isn't a reason for the X-Men to not get involved in non-mutant problems. Mutants at the base are humans with the X gene. So they can't go extinct as long as humans don't go extinct. As long as there are humans there will be mutants, sure stuff like M-Day put a huge blow in the mutant population but they didn't, aren't, and won't go extinct.

Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kain

Ummm the fact that the X gene has been shown to have been removed from every human on the planet preventing the birth of any more mutants says otherwise, hence the huge freak out over the random birth of Hope. Since House of M, mutants have been going extinct and that hasn't changed since nobody has fixed it yet. Yeah, they are protecting mutants just because they're mutants because they're trying to protect their race from extinction.

And extinction would be a big factor no matter who you are. If your race were going extinct wouldn't you do everything within your power to prevent it from happening? Of course you would and that is exactly what the X-men need to focus on right now and it's not like there aren't enough heroes running around that the X-men are needed for other things after all it's not like any of the other heroes have gone to them for help or anything. The human heroes are just as guilty of ignoring the X-men as the X-men are of ignoring them.

It is a reason, in fact it's THE reason. They don't get involved because they can't risk endangering any more mutants and having their number decrease even more and again they've got a lot of their own stuff to deal with.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Power NeXus
    @Kain said:
    "If your race were going extinct wouldn't you do everything within your power to prevent it from happening?"

But why do they think of themselves as their own completely separate race? By doing all they can to preserve the mutant population, they are effectively labeling themselves as 'different' from the rest of the world as a whole, when their whole lives they have been preching about how mutants and humans are no different from each other. If they really believed what they have been trying to convince the rest of the world, they would just be saying, "Oh. Ok. No more teenagers randomly sprouting superpowers. Not a big deal, really." Instead they are saying, "No! Our race is dying out! If we don't preserve our race, humans will be the only ones left! There's no way we can let that happen!"
    Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kain

Because mutants are their own race. Just like black and white people are each seen as part of a race.

X-men aren't acting any differently than anyone else in their position would act. Humans being the only ones left isn't what they're trying to stop, they're trying to stop their race from dying out which any race/species or whatever would do, it's instinct to try and survive it doesn't all of a sudden mean you hate humans or that you see yourself as more important but when an entire race that you belong to is on the verge of extinction your priorities seem to change. They're mutants so they'll put the very survival of their race before everything else and they're right to do so anyone else would do the same and I'm sorry but no more mutants being born is a big deal.

Again just because they're trying to save their race doesn't mean they think they're more important but obviously different people have different priorities, if's not like the other heroes give the X-men any help when they need it so I could easily say that they don't care about anyone except the human population.

bobbydr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bobbydr

I really like the fact that the X-books are insular. I almost feel like if they were to interact with the general marvel univerise that it would be kind of forced and weird. They keep to themselves for a reason, and I like that fact. It makes sense in principle, and while it would be easy to have Spider Man guest starring every other week or whatever to sell more books, it doesn't make sense.

Xypher07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Xypher07

You can't forget mutants are still prejudiced against.  How many people would want their help or be as accepting to them as they would be if others came to help them.  It's bad publicity to thrust yourself out and force yourself on the public.  It wouldn't help them a whole lot.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Power NeXus
    @Kain said:
    "Because mutants are their own race. Just like black and white people are each seen as part of a race."

Suppose that over the years, through some strange means, the number of white people in the world started to quickly swindle, and black people became much more populous. Eventually, there are only a few thousand white people left in the world. Then all the white people get together saying, "NO! We can't allow ourselves to be the last white people! We need to stick together and make new generations of white people!"
    Why? What is the point? Would a 100% black population be a bad thing? Do white people have something that black people don't that makes them an invaluable asset to the world in general? No. Black people are just as good as white people, and the world wouldn't suffer in any particular way if there were no more people with light-colored skin. The white people obsessed with the continuation of their 'race' would be racists, as are the X-Men.
    Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kain

Wanting your own race to survive is NOT racist, it's about survival. Nobody in their right mind would want their race to die out no matter what their race is. Just because you want your race to survive doesn't mean you automatically want the others to die out instead.

Again, it is NOT racist.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Power NeXus
    @Kain said:
    "Wanting your own race to survive is NOT racist, it's about survival. Nobody in their right mind would want their race to die out no matter what their race is. Just because you want your race to survive doesn't mean you automatically want the others to die out instead.Again, it is NOT racist."

If the X-Men believed everything they say, they wouldn't even label mutants as their own race. By their teachings, everyone should be classified just as 'people'. But the fact that they have segregated mutants into their own 'race' and think mutants are more worth their time to protect than baseline humans are, makes them racist.
    I don't know how many times I need to say it. You seem to be missing my point completely.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Wow I can't believe how off topic this thread got in such a little amount of time.

Having the X-Titles and other titles crossover is an easy way to have new and old fans begin to read new stuff. That is as long as its not done just to sell more books, the story needs to be solid and make sense.

Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kain
    @Power NeXus: Umm, no. It's you who is seemingly having trouble understanding. Wanting to save your own species to survive is NOT racist and the X-men didn't label themselves as their own species, humans did and it was humans who labeled them an endangerered species and made the Xavier school into a reservation for them so that humans didn't make there numbers shrink by trying to annihilate the rest of them.

If different races WERE all treated just as people the term racism wouldn't even exist. Being equal doesn't change the fact that they're their own race and I'm sorry but saying they should put humans first is just as racist and anyone with a logical mind would realise that preventing the extinction of a species comes first. If humans asked for their help they'd help but the fact is they haven't and with all the heroes the planet already has there really has been no urgency for them to get involved in the other heroes affairs.

In fact, in San Francisco they have been helping the cities law enforcment with criminals since they moved their, so they still help humans, making your point completely moot. By your logic I could say the avengers are racist or Captain America because they rarely if EVER help the mutants with whatever they're going through while you expect the X-men to bow down and help with every single one of their problems, you seem to have double standards.
    blazeablaze08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By blazeablaze08

I think they do pretty good like pixelized said they have a warehouse of people. Why would they need any outside help. All the mutants they have telpaths, manipulators, telekinetics, etc. , they  should have been included in the Civil War but i understand why they didn't after all the chaos before it would be overwhelming.

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By box turtle

X-Titles should no longer remain on the edge of the Marvel Universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.