Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who do you like Better?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

Poll Who do you like Better? (13 votes)

Glob Herman 8%
    Almost Anyone one else 92%

So for some reason, Glob keeps appearing in the comics. Not Hellion, or Surge, or Quentin, or Oya, or Eyeboy or Hijack or Gold Balls or any one else period, but instead its Glob. He has made it from the freaking New X men run in the early 2000's. Most of those students are long forgotten but here is Glob, being a major focus in the biggest X men event EVER!!! (yea they have a new biggest one ever every year but still)

So I mean he has to have fans right? I mean SOME One has to really love this guy, cause he gets in over Husk, and Chamber, and Karma, and Cypher, and you get the point.

So basically if the worst X men ever in your opinion is Nature Girl, but second worst is glob then still vote "Almost Anyone else" Only vote for glob if you really want to see him in a book, like if it excites you when he appears, if he makes your top idk 50 list even or something.

I have alot of C listers I love, when Chamber is featured i get happy so maybe Glob is this way for you, please share.

No Caption Provided
    ANY ONE?!?!
    ANY ONE?!?!

VS

• 
    HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It baffles me that anyone would continue to feature or even use for that matter Glob Herman. This is a character that should be killed brutally. Along with Ink and Quentin Quire and quite a few others

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

He's probably just fun to draw. His appearance is quite bizarre and gives off the "mutant freak" look. Other than that I don't care for him. I'd rather see Surge or Hellion pop up again.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's probably just fun to draw. His appearance is quite bizarre and gives off the "mutant freak" look. Other than that I don't care for him. I'd rather see Surge or Hellion pop up again.

Cant they use chamber for that? I mean at least he has some sort of story, and his power is kind of cool (despite it blowing his entire chest off)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hollow!

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take Doop over Glob....and Doop is just Glob without the the bones....and the English language....but still much better

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I'll take Doop over Glob....and Doop is just Glob without the the bones....and the English language....but still much better

True dat

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @koays said:

True dat

Hmmm... I prefer Glob over Doop.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn’t care for him, until Lemires run. Now I straight put abhor the guy.

Couldve shipped Jeen with literally anyone else, and the ‘genius’ chooses Glob.

@jhazzroucher: How would you feel if someone shipped Storm with Glob Herman?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

LOL glob ftw!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

Glob is too young for Storm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f
    deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Is it that bad? I mean as long as Glob treats Jeen well. I mean I wouldn’t care at all if a teen version of Emma Frost dated glob. At least for me as long as someone treats her well I’m up for any relationship.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PyroFN

@elpendejo: Well, Let’s get the superficial stuff out of the way. Yes, it’s shallow, but it is incredibly awkward physically, so now let’s look in-depth on the potential...

Actually, no, superficially is exactly the problem. Glob Herman as a character is about as superficial as you’d suspect in every way except personality. He’d be a heck of a lot more interesting if he were superficial personality wise, but no, he is incredibly boring and unnecessary. Literally would add nothing to the relationship that could capture the readers attention beyond “oh my god, Jean is with a giant blob monster”. Any character outside of Globs look would come out of nowhere because Glob doesn’t have any personality. In Morrisons run, at least he had some humor to him, but writers never took that Avenue with him, but went with a nice, shy guy type. No nuance, no complexity. It’s simply Glob. Jean may be the image of your average dream girl, but there is complexity behind that first glance. She has a history, a passion, a temper, a power, etc, etc. Glob has his looks, that’s it, unless someone could please prove me wrong. Please I beg of anyone to prove me wrong.

@mcklayn: Where is that Pest Control number.

@jhazzroucher: You’re deflecting. Answer the question.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f
    deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: True it adds nothing storywise, but I guess I opinions on relationships for our favorites differ. I really only care if the person treats Emma well, nothing story or personality wise really. It’s why even though I don’t really care for him I prefer Namor for her over Scott.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I don't like about Glob is his last name.

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @elpendejo:

I would like to add to this whole jean / glob debate, that basically what I think Pyro is saying is that Glob was only chosen fore the whole "beauty & the beast" thing which is fine, but use Rockslide, or some other monster looking guy with a personality. Glob has no personality, looks doofy, and adds nothing to the story. Before you date the first lady of the X men you need to have a few layers to your character (and im not even a jean fan lol)

The only thing I don't like about Glob is his last name.

of course you would be the person who like glob. thankfully we took a vote and your opinion doesnt matter

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't Glob part of the Omega Gang at one point?? So, he basically became a neo Nazi, beat some humans half to death (or maybe full on death, I can't remember) and attempted a coup at his school and all they did to him was send him to Africa for a bit?? I know that sounds like a punishment and everything but still....

See X-Men, this is why the government builds death robots to come snatch you up. People in your camp break the law via violent crime and you send them on safari.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't Glob part of the Omega Gang at one point?? So, he basically became a neo Nazi, beat some humans half to death (or maybe full on death, I can't remember) and attempted a coup at his school and all they did to him was send him to Africa for a bit?? I know that sounds like a punishment and everything but still....

See X-Men, this is why the government builds death robots to come snatch you up. People in your camp break the law via violent crime and you send them on safari.

and hes just cute and shy and being shipped with teen jean! see guys do your freaking home work!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

and hes just cute and shy and being shipped with teen jean! see guys do your freaking home work!

You would figure Jean wouldn't like him, he seems sort of......transparent after all.

Eh?? EH??

I'm sorry it's late, I'm tired and I have to go to work early tommorrow. I won't post in this thread anymore.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

You would figure Jean wouldn't like him, he seems sort of......transparent after all.

Eh?? EH??

I'm sorry it's late, I'm tired and I have to go to work early tommorrow. I won't post in this thread anymore.

I GET IT!! <.< keep em coming Cattle

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: @cattlebattle: Eh, that’s more of them trying to make Glob seem badass or naive back in Morrisons run, but Jean sees right through that act.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@mcklayn: @cattlebattle: Eh, that’s more of them trying to make Glob seem badass or naive back in Morrisons run, but Jean sees right through that act.

now i feel like we beating a dead horse

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: No, we were beating a dead cow that just came back last year.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@mcklayn: No, we were beating a dead cow that just came back last year.

fair nuff

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps let us try to appreciate Glob. Maybe there's something that we will actually like about him.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

At least every Glob appearance lets us know which artists took anatomy.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: please leave my thread, this is a glob hate no room for tree hugging glob lovers

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After thinking about Glob, I now want a bowl of jello.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn we dont talk to the problem children. It just makes them want to post more nonsense that we dont want to read. Just ignore them and continue our meaningful discourse on why replacing Glob with anyone else, up to and including a literal bag of shit would be more interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.