Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which X-run ended too soon?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

It seems more times than few, Marvel gives creative freedoms to writers who we question ever read X-men. While brilliant writers have their runs/series canceled before the story fully blossoms. (Off Topic: Batwoman had it the worst!)

Which X-stories/runs/arcs ended too soon leaving you wanting more?

No Caption Provided
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My List:

3) Brian Wood's X-men (The all women team). I felt the first 3 arcs were strong but after new writers took over... the magic was lost and it just became 'another x-book' Feeling like a wasted opportunity. I honestly wouldn't mind this being the official Gold Team

2) Matt Fraction's Uncanny X-men Run. It was smart, fun, fresh, and I was loving the mix between old stories with modern new directions and spins. Generally, I felt everyone appreciated this run and it pleased all X-fans.

1) Pak's Storm's solo run. What exactly went wrong? Do women and minorities not sell in solo comics? The main art was strong, but every now and then artists would change and it would be miserable. Overall, the art and story was strong. And the series was loved among hardcore Storm-fans. Pak seemed VERY knowledgeable for Storm's character. But I think the series fell short at times with bad made-up characters. The book also displayed some of Storm's best display of powers, relationship moments, and character strengths. This deserves another look.

No Caption Provided

Extra Credit: Runaways- While it's not an X-title, it features a mutant (Molly) and the X-men from time-to-time. If Brian K. Vaughn would bring this back, I would really love to see this. BUT ONLY UNDER BRIAN K. VAUGHN'S PEN! Joss Whedon was TERRIBLE for this series.

No Caption Provided
    Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Chris Claremont (1975-1991) He didn't have enough time. :'(

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@invain said:

Actually though...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:
    @invain said:

Actually though...

Hmmm.... I could go both ways... While we pretty much got ALL of Claremont's best stories... I could sure go for him writing one of the main X-books right now. His Nightcrawler run was fun.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simply one of Marvel's biggest sins...

No Caption Provided

Le sigh...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Simply one of Marvel's biggest sins...

No Caption Provided

Le sigh...

Hmm... I wasn't feeling those those days where the X-men split up (and Wolverine took Storm's leadership roles.) And Namor on any X-team is whack....

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur:

Namor in X-men was lots of fun. I was even interested in the half assed love triangle with Scott and Emma. There was so much potential in the whole business and Extinction Team having the Authority vibe they never got a chance to live up to, like I said, is one of the biggest sins Marvel committed. Besides, initially Gillen kept Storm WITH the ET she only joined the side of the lamos after AvX...

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur:

It worked out. Storm was the last bastion of decency on that team. Unblemished by a heel turn. Looking back on the hand raising if not a bad guy scene cracks me up in retrospect.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@poisonfleur:

Namor in X-men was lots of fun. I was even interested in the half assed love triangle with Scott and Emma. There was so much potential in the whole business and Extinction Team having the Authority vibe they never got a chance to live up to, like I said, is one of the biggest sins Marvel committed. Besides, initially Gillen kept Storm WITH the ET she only joined the side of the lamos after AvX...

@materiel said:

@poisonfleur:

It worked out. Storm was the last bastion of decency on that team. Unblemished by a heel turn. Looking back on the hand raising if not a bad guy scene cracks me up in retrospect.

Yeah I remember her joining Scott because his team was all part-time villains. But I really felt if anyone would have challenged Scott and started another school it would have been Ororo instead of Wolverine. Remember back when she dueled him for leadership of the x-men?
    Anyways. Let's talk Namor. That love triangle was sad.
    It made it seem like Namor has a blonde-fetish and Emma wanted to hoe it up. It was just degrading to both characters, and to top it off, they didn't even have any chemistry. It just felt like a cheap way to break up Scott and Emma. I'd rather see Emma flirt with Tony Stark. Sure Namor is hot but.... do him and Emma really have that much in common?

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Mike Carey's initial X-Men squad were together for too short a time. The book becoming X-Men Legacy was nothing short of criminal. Similarly Cullen Bunn's current run being transformed into All-New X-Men is a pity.

I truly think fraction's run went on far TOO long. Its my least favorite era and one that just seemed to drag on.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adamTRMM

@poisonfleur:

I remember couple of years ago, when the whole AvX sentiment was still hot we discussed a lot on this matter on here, how it should've been Storm. However let's also not forget where exactly she was most of the times when X-men fought for survival during Decimation. :P

haha I just remembered that thread I created about this very thing and Storm and most of the her fans were upset about it. Funny stuff.

But seriously, I mostly agree it should've been her instead of Wolverine, maybe even tie the new X-school and Wakanda. Even acknowledging her absence in universe, there were still ways to make her the leader of the second wing, taking responsibility for said absence, but offering something arguably better instead then.

In the end, Schism was written by frking Jason Aaron. It was pretty much destined to be a senseless mess, there's nothing we can do about it. It's just that Gillen managed to work out the best of it, the best lineup and concept.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#13  Edited By Teerack

Cullen Bunn's Magneto run was just amazing and could have gone on so much longer if it wasn't for secret wars.

Charlse Soule's Wolverines was kind of a meh book but i think that was because towards the end it just kinda rushed to finish killing people and closing plot lines left and right like no others.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HighAccuser

Magneto by Cullen Bunn

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.