Which X-Men should get their own movie?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Which X-Men character do you think should get their own movie? Me personally, I would like to see solo films for:

Storm

Colossus

Nightcrawler

Cyclops

Emma Frost

Jean Grey

Shadowcat

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

It's hard to branch out for X-Characters because they're such a well-designed ensemble that they're almost defined by their roles in relation to the team:

• The leader (e.g., Cyclops, Storm)
  • The lancer (e.g., Iceman, Kitty, Emma Frost, Wolverine)
  • The brains (e.g., Beast, Forge)
  • The tank (e.g., Colossus)
  • The chick (e.g., early Jean Grey)
  • etc

So it's mostly the "loner" characters that have been given solo runs because they're the few that make sense alone (e.g., Wolverine, Gambit, Mystique, Cable). The rest tend to lead smaller squads or get limited solo minis (e.g., Storm, Cyclops).

Which is a shame, because I think a lot of different X-Men could hold up a series with a few key supporting characters. I've said before that I think a Storm "solo" where she's working with Callisto for the benefit of a rejuvenated Morlock population could work.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like the idea of Storm among the names you mentioned. Though I see it having to do with a small team she'll be training and it could even dip into some t'challa/wakanda tie ins. Or maybe an origins story, about the village she was raised in as a mutant worshipped goddesss

cajunpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Gambit two-fer (sorry Taylor, but preferrably with a new lead). Movie 1 would be the whole beginnings, from childhood through the marriage with Bella Donna (and all set in New Orleans). Movie 2 would be the whole Mr. Sinister / Mutant Massacre. Movie 2 ends with Remy pulling a heist and meeting up with a young Storm.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

It's hard to branch out for X-Characters because they're such a well-designed ensemble that they're almost defined by their roles in relation to the team:

• The leader (e.g., Cyclops, Storm)
  • The lancer (e.g., Iceman, Kitty, Emma Frost, Wolverine)
  • The brains (e.g., Beast, Forge)
  • The tank (e.g., Colossus)
  • The chick (e.g., early Jean Grey)
  • etc

So it's mostly the "loner" characters that have been given solo runs because they're the few that make sense alone (e.g., Wolverine, Gambit, Mystique, Cable). The rest tend to lead smaller squads or get limited solo minis (e.g., Storm, Cyclops).

Which is a shame, because I think a lot of different X-Men could hold up a series with a few key supporting characters. I've said before that I think a Storm "solo" where she's working with Callisto for the benefit of a rejuvenated Morlock population could work.

I agree with this! I think any of the X-Men characters could have a successful solo film if the right writers and directors were involved and they know how to create a story that would be intriguing for the audience.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I say Gambit. IMO his story can be as compelling as Wolverine. I agree that we gotta get another actor to play him though. I still say Josh Holloway from Lost.

Rachel Grey could also hold her own in story I think.

A real origin story for both Magneto and Professor X would work as well.

Cable and Xforce could be a tv show imo

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@rabbitearsblog: If you mean which characters would I like to say take on lead roles in an X-men movie, I'd have to say either (first choice) Kitty and/or (close second choice)Storm. Those two were always the leads through my favorite eras of the comics. Preferably with one of these two teams:

No Caption Provided

or

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@rabbitearsblog: ..but if you mean which character could really stand out well in their own solo film, my top choices would be either Gambit orNightcrawler. That said, I do think a Bishop movie, about his life before the X-men, would really interest me.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: If you mean which characters would I like to say take on lead roles in an X-men movie, I'd have to say either (first choice) Kitty and/or (close second choice)Storm. Those two were always the leads through my favorite eras of the comics. Preferably with one of these two teams:

No Caption Provided

or

No Caption Provided

I would really love for these era of the X-Men to come to screen, especially Astonishing X-Men! I just hope Marvel is daring enough to try it.

Diamondlifer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Diamondlifer1

1) Cyclops
2) Cable
3) Nightcrawler

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JohnnyGat

Cyclops - A movie that would feature Mr. Sinister (my third favorite comic book villain). You know what a movie about Cyclops won't be as awesome in my head as a movie about Sinister.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about a "buddy cop" style movie starring Cyclops and Wolverine? :p

Action, comedy, drama. what else do you need???

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Cable

Storm

Colossus

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

How about a "Marvels" type story with a young person as the protagonist. As the movie advances we find out this character is a mutant. Jubilee would be a perfect candidate.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik

Emma Frost

Gambit

Chamber

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@rabbitearsblog: Wheres gambit..or someone interesting like a chamber origin would be great

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

An Ororo Munroe aka Storm movie would be awesome.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Nightcrawler

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.