Which X-Men friendships do you like the most

Avatar image for time1
#1 Posted by time1 (6253 posts) - - Show Bio


Avatar image for roddy2010
#2 Posted by Roddy010 (6294 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Jean by far...

Avatar image for crimsoncake
#3 Posted by CrimsonCake (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan and Kitty.

Avatar image for time1
#4 Posted by time1 (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

My favourite is Jean and Logan. I loved there chemistry.

Avatar image for stambo42
#5 Posted by stambo42 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma and Beast, with a Jean and Logan being a close second.

Avatar image for crimsonlord53
#6 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1546 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked X 23 and gambit during her book's run it would be nice to see it again in the new gambit comic.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
#7 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (11368 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the friendship that Wolverine and Kitty have

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for blood1991
#8 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Gambit from this list.

Avatar image for rabbitearsblog
#9 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurt, Logan and Colossus for me.

Avatar image for jhazzroucher
#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Jean since there's no Storm and Wolverine option. : )

Avatar image for nightcrawler23
#11 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (859 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Gambit barely even talk to each other.

Avatar image for madame_mist
#12 Posted by Madame_Mist (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Jean. They're probably one of the only constant friendships.

Avatar image for nightcrawler23
#13 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Kurt, Logan and Colossus for me.

Definitely.

Avatar image for arkhamc1tizen
#14 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2320 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurt, Logan and Colossus by far

Avatar image for stambo42
#15 Edited by stambo42 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

Storm and Jean. They're probably one of the only constant friendships.

I feel that's a writer thing. It's a set precedent, and an easy one to acknowledge in text, that whole sisterhood bundle of love and respect thing they've got going on. I went for the clearly unpopular Hank & Emma, because even though I don't know how much it existed outside of Morrison, it made sense, took readers slightly out of their comfort zone, and added depth to both characters.

I'm not sure I get the Storm/ Gambit popularity. It was there at the beginning, and they do have a few matters of their origin in common, but I feel it has often been ignored by writers because it requires attention to some of the deeper, more nuanced and in some ways conflicted elements of both characters to write. It's the kind of friendship that should make perfect sense to the two of them, and little to anyone else. Rarely have writers bothered rising to that challenge.

Avatar image for madame_mist
#16 Posted by Madame_Mist (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@stambo42 said:

@Madame_Mist said:

Storm and Jean. They're probably one of the only constant friendships.

I feel that's a writer thing. It's a set precedent, and an easy one to acknowledge in text, that whole sisterhood bundle of love and respect thing they've got going on. I went for the clearly unpopular Hank & Emma, because even though I don't know how much it existed outside of Morrison, it made sense, took readers slightly out of their comfort zone, and added depth to both characters.

I'm not sure I get the Storm/ Gambit popularity. It was there at the beginning, and they do have a few matters of their origin in common, but I feel it has often been ignored by writers because it requires attention to some of the deeper, more nuanced and in some ways conflicted elements of both characters to write. It's the kind of friendship that should make perfect sense to the two of them, and little to anyone else. Rarely have writers bothered rising to that challenge.

True. I did like the Hank and Emma for a time, but then Hank abandoned ship and went to the avengers and then Emma didn't bother having a relationship with anyone else outside of Scott. But their friendship was one that made sense despite its peculiarity and one I enjoyed.

And agreed on the Storm/Gambit thing. Though it seems to me that Storm seems to be flirty best friends with the guys on the X-Men. She's traded a couple of cute comments over the years which have made me giggled. I like Storm and she seems to get on with everyone, except Emma.

Emma really needs to make friends and stop worrying about her relationship problems with Scott. Though it seems that its her fault on the latter part lately.

Avatar image for stambo42
#17 Posted by stambo42 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

@stambo42 said:

@Madame_Mist said:

Storm and Jean. They're probably one of the only constant friendships.

I feel that's a writer thing. It's a set precedent, and an easy one to acknowledge in text, that whole sisterhood bundle of love and respect thing they've got going on. I went for the clearly unpopular Hank & Emma, because even though I don't know how much it existed outside of Morrison, it made sense, took readers slightly out of their comfort zone, and added depth to both characters.

I'm not sure I get the Storm/ Gambit popularity. It was there at the beginning, and they do have a few matters of their origin in common, but I feel it has often been ignored by writers because it requires attention to some of the deeper, more nuanced and in some ways conflicted elements of both characters to write. It's the kind of friendship that should make perfect sense to the two of them, and little to anyone else. Rarely have writers bothered rising to that challenge.

True. I did like the Hank and Emma for a time, but then Hank abandoned ship and went to the avengers and then Emma didn't bother having a relationship with anyone else outside of Scott. But their friendship was one that made sense despite its peculiarity and one I enjoyed.

And agreed on the Storm/Gambit thing. Though it seems to me that Storm seems to be flirty best friends with the guys on the X-Men. She's traded a couple of cute comments over the years which have made me giggled. I like Storm and she seems to get on with everyone, except Emma.

Emma really needs to make friends and stop worrying about her relationship problems with Scott. Though it seems that its her fault on the latter part lately.

This is going off topic, but it has me thinking that there has been some kind of effort over the past few years to eliminate the moral compasses of the X-men. Nightcrawler is dead, Jean is dead, Beast left, Colossus is possessed by a demon, Storm, and more so Xavier have become increasingly distanced. It's a shame, but I guess it's just where the company has been moving the team, tone wise.

Avatar image for loganrogue24
#18 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1339 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan Rogue for me love them as a possible couple.

Avatar image for rickbarry
#19 Posted by Rickbarry (2005 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Although this was before Wolverine was at maximum douche levels. Feel free to remove him and I'd still think Kurt and Piotr would still get my vote.

Avatar image for project_monarch
#20 Posted by Project_Monarch (7 posts) - - Show Bio

My own definitely has to be Magneto and Professor Xavier, even if it's not one of the options. I believe that their friendship is based on the right foundation, that is, upon the foundation of improving society...Even if one of them employs terrorism and the other, comparatively benign methods.

Avatar image for crusader105
#21 Posted by Crusader105 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Monarch: Agree 100%.

As Magneto and Xavier is not an option, I'd have to say Charles and Cyclops. I loved the mentor/student father/son dynamic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.