Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which X-lady, do you dislike the most

• 78 results
    Diamondlifer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

easily wanda
    what a bitch!!!

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By phisigmatau

emma, and hope for a close second

as odd as it is... i heart emma at the same time

wanda aint no xmen..

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By Silver_Raven

Rogue

I have not liked her since the Animated Series. She was my second favourite X-men, after Storm, but her portrayal in the comic books for the next two decades made her my least favourite. The writers made her into such a weak willed woman, with too much melodrama and self-pity none of her former Ms. Marvel empowerment. It also bothered me that for a time she was one of a few X-women in the books that took a lot of the spotlight rather than sharing it but i blame Mike Carey for all that.

Thankfully Brian Wood has helped fix some of those problems and made her likable again. But i still rather see less of her.

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
    UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope Summers.

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#55  Edited By JROCK72

Magik: She's so annoying to me. She's given all of these incredible powers and never impresses. She is now a villain on Cyclops team. I just dislike her so much.

Dani Moonstar: I never liked her. Yes, she brings ethnicity to the team, but her character is so boring.

No Girl: Worthless....

Celineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Emma. As far as I'm concerned she replaced Jean through mind control and has kept the X-Men way off track for a decade now. I feel sorry for Scott's fried brains.

I only liked Storm when she had no powers and was loosely linked with Forge.

(I actually came here to defend Jubilee and am happy to see I don't have to) :)

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Danielle Moonstar. I don't hate her, but I never liked her.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't dislike Hope but she's the least that i like.

Fus_Bro_Dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm: Because she's written like a black, female, weather based version of Goku. But with haughtiness/superiority complex that her fans mistakenly call "the traits of a strong woman". She's been a one-dimensional character that's been shamelessly protected by writer nostalgia, for decades now.

Psylocke: Exotic, over-sexed, Asian, fetish character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Tie between Dazzler and Rachel Grey, for similar reasons.

Storm: Because she's written like a black, female, weather based version of Goku. But with haughtiness/superiority complex that her fans mistakenly call "the traits of a strong woman". She's been a one-dimensional character that's been shamelessly protected by writer nostalgia, for decades now.

Psylocke: Exotic, over-sexed, Asian, fetish character.

I'm not really a fan of Storm, but I have to disagree with your claim that she's one-dimensional. Okay, maybe she is these days, but in the past she's been fairly dynamic- it was kind of something that came and went on occasion, depending on the story arc and writer. One hundred percent agreement about Psylocke though.

jumpman72001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm. I like the crap Kitty and Rachel have given her recently.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Emma.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

I'm going with Hope. Design-wise she just feels uninspired (does creating a character with connections to the PF have to have similarities with Jean). Her powers are any other mutants powers which kinda takes away uniqueness.

@knighthood: Hope's not the best and she definitely didn't pay off all the attention she got post-Second Coming, but "No More Nose", the underrated last half of Generation Hope, and her humanizing relationship with Cable give her some meat and value.

Also, I guess I should explain my list a bit more thoroughly.

Polaris: Visually, the green hair is unique, but reminds me of lettuce at worst and Sailor Neptune at best. Personality-wise, I enjoy her absurdity and fragile mentality, but otherwise she has historically been a generic heroine with Magneto's powers or more recently a smug S.O.B. in X-Factor. I loved her most post-Genosha's destruction and the pay-off for that has come and gone.

X-23: I find the cliche robot with feelings routine trite and silly. Her stories are sappy rom-coms with torture p*rn. I actually like her visual despite the Wolverine "borrowing" (being generous), but I don't find her genetically-engineered to be a weapon retread to be worth following, especially when its for the sake of stalking the cutest boy at the school.

Psylocke: Her motivation as a character being driven by the bizarre racial swap from the 90's is....bizarre. Its great that she wears clothes over her underwear now, but she still seems built upon fighting for the sake of it, miscellaneous romantic companions, and erroneously being Asian.

Domino: I feel gross reading about her.

Mercury: Potentially cool visual (other than the huge orange wig), but a cry baby for an X-Man.

@god_spawn said:

@rickbarry said:

Out of all the main X-ladies? It's kind of difficult as I enjoy most of them, but Psylocke can rub me the wrong way from time to time.

No Caption Provided

I'd like Psylocke more if she stopped wearing underwear for a costume. Or at least start wearing some granny panties. Less buttocks. Her new costume is great. hopefully she keeps it.

Rogue for my money. I know some find it charming, but I can't stand the way she normally talks, which does nothing but makes me think of her as some kind of hillbilly that never graduated from school.

Recently, I developed a new dislike for her when she was arguing with the Scarlet Witch and later how she is all 'mutants deal with mutant problems', which I quite frankly find as a lame excuse to not let anyone help you with a problem you've never managed to solve on your own, plus it's not like Apocalypse and his kids are only threatening mutants.

Lastly, I really dislike the logic that follows her powers around, or perhaps how some of her fans argue that it works. Especially against characters that's physically far above Rogue; "Yeah, but all she has to do is touch and then she wins." Wrong, even if she makes contact she still has to either hold on or actually get to the whole defeating part of it. Plus you have the risk of running into the; "If [ex.] Wonder Woman punches Rogue in the face, she will be drained." Thats perhaps true, but she still is getting punched in the head by someone who can lift mountains, she is going to be lucky if she can stand up afterwards.

storm

Storm just for the fact she's being handle so badly the past few years.

Speaking of X-ladies.

I created three different lists, where I listed the best covers for the x-ladies. I hope you guys can check them out. Here are the links

Covers for X-Ladies : Part 1.

Covers for X-Ladies : Part 2.

Covers for X-Ladies : Part 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My least favorites are Hope (Mary Sue/walking deus ex machina) and Emma (I've never read a story with her that doesn't make me want to slap her).

I actually like Psylocke, even though I know there are only two writers who treat her like an actual character (Claremont and Remender).

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Hope, or Storm.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By PeppeyHare

I don't really like to say that I "hate" a character but Hope is probably who I dislike the most.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By NukeA6

Emma Frost and Hope Summers. At least the former is a well written character.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm and Wolverine

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I still like the X-Ladies but have not really cared for Rachel Grey or Kitty with their current portrayal in X-Men.

Eclipse-32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Magik easily, and what's with all the jean grey hate, come on people really?

My sentiments exactly.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#71 the_stegman  Moderator

Emma, she's a b*tch, like...all the time.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By acer51

Emma, why cant she put something on for once? It is possible to be attractive and keep a shred of self respect.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I pity Emma more than anything now.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Emma Frost.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

I pity Emma more than anything now.

Why do you pity Emma Frost now.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#76  Edited By Spideysense44

DOmino and Jubilee

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Jubilee or Dazzler

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer51 said:

Emma, why cant she put something on for once? It is possible to be attractive and keep a shred of self respect.

lol true.... Shouldn't she get a ticket for indecent exposure??? maybe she mind-wipes the cops???

Cecilia Reyes isnt she suppose to marry beast, the guy who shouldnt reproduce?????

stacy x cant stand her

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.