Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which Team would You Choose? And Who Was Right?

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@starr: I have to say you do make A LOT of sense. I truely believe he's a anti-hero and the reason is because of the way humans are. I ask myself what can't people see? I just guess people have different views. But those that do are actually blind. And I do agreed with StarWatcher.

@4u2nv: Nice. I do have a question. Is this is some quote from Magneto or is you saying lol. Just wondering cause this is something Magneto would say.

"I am not a villain, I just want everything, and will do whatever it takes to get it. I am not evil people just don't understand me but that will change when I take over the world. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I am evil."

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By Cutter

Here is another racist moment...

Here you can see as they're walking in with full of humans...and look at their reactions.
    Here you can see as they're walking in with full of humans...and look at their reactions. "My friends, for the sake of our children...The time has come for action" It makes me wonder what exactly she was trying to say...
    Here someone used the word
    Here someone used the word "Mutie" and a chair was thrown at Storm. Thanks to Nightcrawler who stop it cause I'm sure Storm would have lost her temper. Who wouldn't? Nightcrawler is trying to tell this ass..le they came in peace. Actually...do you think they care?
    To humans they are Monsters...they are deviant...they are unwelcome...because that's their world and not the mutants'. Nightcrawler right away got in the way to avoid some violence...cause you better believe Storm wanted to F..k her up lol. And clearly you can see a bigot with a weapon.
    To humans they are Monsters...they are deviant...they are unwelcome...because that's their world and not the mutants'. Nightcrawler right away got in the way to avoid some violence...cause you better believe Storm wanted to F..k her up lol. And clearly you can see a bigot with a weapon. "I got a clear" What an ass..le. "Are you insane? Even if you kill them, what about their friends?! This time we have to let them go!" Seriously if it wasn't for their friends they would probably be dead. And that guy with the gun is wearing a shirt who hate muties.
    Here is a hero who follows and supports Prof-X's dreams
    Here is a hero who follows and supports Prof-X's dreams "When that woman called me a monster, I was ready to go bloody"..."Kurt. I wanted to tear out her heart!" Again...who wouldn't? This is an example why Magneto "Never Again" means NEVER AGAIN...humans are full of hatred toward mutants no matter how much X-Men save their life. I truly felt bad for them...especially for Storm. It's ok for mutants to put up with this bigotry, but after years trying to prove the humans that they are also human like them...and they there to help and protect them...you literally get tired of this bull crap.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Racist. Pure racist. I'm sure Storm would've kill her. I like Storm hair in those images cause she looks fabulous. The mohawk is ok, but I like it better without it.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Storm. I think it's crystal clear that no matter who they are, who they save, what side they choose, humans will never accept them. There can be a group of villains fighting humans and once the good team come (specificaly X-men) and kick their butts out. After the villain retreat I'm sure humans are not going to be applauding them. They are going to start throwing them things calling them mutie to leave. lol

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with all those images of prejudice you posted. Magneto was right and now Cyclops want to take the credit for it lol.

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum said:

I agree with all those images of prejudice you posted. Magneto was right and now Cyclops want to take the credit for it lol.

LOL

Warhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know but, I'm I the only one who noticed that in DOFP was basically humans against mutants? The reason to capture Mystique to create the perfect Sentinels? So they can hunt and kill mutants? Though I thought it was part of it.

In this film... we can see why humans are so into mutants. Here are some quotes I had gathered from the DOFP film.

Dr. Bolivar Trask: This creature is extraordinary. Her genes could hold the key to mutation itself. I need more.

Major William Stryker: That's all they were able to scrape off the pavement in Paris.

Dr. Bolivar Trask: More than blood. I need brain tissue, spinal fluid, bone marrow. Imagine Sentinels that could transform, adapt to any target. If I could just get my hands on her. This girl, could leap the program forward years, decades into the future. How old is your son now, Major?

Major William Stryker: Jason? He's coming up on ten now if you can believe it.

Dr. Bolivar Trask: Eight years from fighting age. And how many of our sons and brothers did we just ship home in body bags? Maybe fifty... fifty-five thousand. And how many more on the other side? Never before in all of human history has there been a cause which could unite us as a species, until now.

Major William Stryker: You really hate mutants, doctor, don't you?

Dr. Bolivar Trask: On the contrary, I rather admire them. The things they can do. I see mutants as our salvation.

Major William Stryker: A common enemy.

Dr. Bolivar Trask: A common struggle against the ultimate enemy: Extinction. I believe our new friends are going to help us usher in a new era, Bill.

Dr. Bolivar Trask: If we do manage to capture them, I would like her, for research purposes of course.

(And is not the first mutant he has experimented with. He has experimented many mutants trying to find the perfect weapon to create the Sentinels. Having the faith that THIS would be the solution for humankind. I find their lack of faith disturbing)

It's crystal clear Boliviar Trask admire them, but in an envy way and just because of the things they can do. His plan is to unite all humanity and have a reason to fight for only one cause... mutants as a common enemy. He sees mutants as their salvation. They (mutants) will be the reason why humanity will unite into one nation. Instead of fighting and killing each other. This... I thought it deserved to be posted here.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warhammer: Nice quotes:) I bought this movie not to long ago because it comes with a lil comic. I see that you also pick the biggest bigot of mutants. Bolivar and Stryker. Though I don't remember the lil Bolivar man been in comics. I agree that it's very disturbing in what they do to mutants. In the movie, Mystique, found pictures of all the mutants that Bolivar was experimenting with. I think Pixie was one of them, Nightcrawler's father, Emma probably was one of them, but didn't notice her in the pictures, but Magneto mentioned something about the mutant's was dead because Xavier abandone them and Emma was one of them. This argument was of course, when they were on the plane. Magneto was so piss off that even Wolverine told him he understand his anger and that is why he's a survival. I'm going to watch this movie again. It would be my third time to watch it since I bought it lol :)

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Cutter

@fabulosity: @sky_fire: @noctum: @shebba: @warhammer:

Yes...pure racist and prejudice.

I was thinking about DOFP not too long ago and thinking I should post some comments about it and maybe images...but I didn't have time. This should be part of it...indeed. I'm glad you posted them.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Yes. It should be part of it and I love that movie.

This is crazy. My post keep going down. I should have at lease 197 and it went down to 191 :( I guess I'm not posting until they fix this site.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is a racist, he is a revolutionary, he is a terrorist, he is a rogue state (or what ever ya wanna call him), but he is not a fascist and he is not genocidal. It may seem like a too fine a point to put on a character that already has so many negative aspects, but it is a fine point that people pay a great deal of attention to. It is the difference between calling the character a villain and calling him evil incarnate. We sympathize with revolutionaries, we deplore racism, we fear terrorists, but genocide is the one crime we cannot forgive, and it is the one crime Magneto is not guilty of.

And beside, he's not the same man who he used to be. He changes a lot and now the villain here is Cyclops. Magneto was RIGHT and Cyclops knew this. I'm with Magneto fu$% that. I agree with Starr and 4u2nv and all the rest. Magneto would be the savior. Cyclops would abuse his team and treat them like he did with Hope while training her. What a mentor!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#212  Edited By John Valentine

Xavier's dream is the ideal, Magneto's stance (not actively killing humans, but fighting mutant oppression) represents the reality.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine: Yes...I agree.

@azalae: I completely agree with this. He might be what ever people may call him, but he's...at lease...not a fascist nor a genocidal. Good point!

@shebba: I'm sorry to hear that :(

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is one thing I don't understand: who is right about what?

If we talk about the Phoenix, I think Cyclops was right. If we talk about the choice made by Cyclops, Wolverine and the others about the better way to protect the mutant race, I think everyone was right in some things and wrong in others.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Thank you I know for a fact he ain't.

@ec2277 said:

There is one thing I don't understand: who is right about what?

If we talk about the Phoenix, I think Cyclops was right. If we talk about the choice made by Cyclops, Wolverine and the others about the better way to protect the mutant race, I think everyone was right in some things and wrong in others.

It's perfectly clear what the topic mean about Xavier and Magneto.

Is not about the Phoenix. Don't know where exactly you're reading that here, but that has nothing to do with the Phoenix and even if it does, Cyclops was still wrong. I agree with you that some was right and some was wrong, but Magneto was right all along. Humans and mutants can't never be together. There are so many images here where you can see Magneto was right about e v e r y t h i n g. He is what he is, but with an extremely good reason. Also, understandable till the end. Cyclops finally believed in Magneto, which mean Magneto was right and he just wanted to take over. But Cyclops went too far with his actions during AvX.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By EC2277

Yes, I agree and I can say Magneto was right, whereas Xavier was wrong. Cyclops was right to understand it.

Instead I can't agree with you about the "Avenger versus X-Men": I think Cyclops was forced to act in that way by the rigidity of Avengers.

I can't see how Cyclops could have acted otherwise, if not to bow himself to Captain America's will.

In my opinion Cyclops wasn't right or wrong, Cyclops was without alternative.

Obviously a mediation would have been the best choise, but if Avengers and X-Men agreed about that, we couldn't have read "Avengers versus X-Men".

Tweetie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Tweetie

I'm with Magneto 1000000000000000000000% The world is full of bigotry.

As for Xavier, he can keep dreaming.

As for Cyclops, sorry for those blindy fans, but he want to take Magneto's role. While Magneto was leaving behind his conquerors, Cyclops wanted to continue it for him. This is perfectly on panels and not to mention, he was more villainous than Magneto. Magneto kept his anti (better say hero) role, but Cyclops took it beyond his limits. He's a fugitive and hiding from Avengers and Shields. Magneto is not a fugitive anymore. He's in plain sight and no one after him. Cyclops was so wrong and so evil looking. Even Magneto didn't wanted him to be like the old him. He mentioned this to Cyclops several times, but Cyclops is a knucklehead who think he's always right on everything. Let me post my first image should I :-)

No Caption Provided

Magneto did change a lot so people need to stop calling him villain. And even when he was, he has his clearly reason. Magneto is portrayed as what a real person would act and not as what a real person would dream. Gotta love him.

WonKka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By WonKka

@tweetie: I'm with you 1000% hehe

@warhammer: This was a really good post. How I didn't thought of that?

Tweetie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PurePleazure4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only Scarlet Witch can just say... No More Humans lol.

Again, AVX was so mistreated. I never like seeing those heroes against heroes. Ever since, Cyclops became the loser. And I agree, Magneto was more a hero and I still believe he's still is with little darkness on his side. But then again, who doesn't have a dark side? Are there any one so perfect? In this reality we ALL have negative effect and yet, we consider ourselves "angels"

Magneto was right even if you like it or not.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Starr

@shebba: Well thank you.

People do have different views and for the most part, they just want to go blind, especially if they hate the character just to make the other one look good. Magneto is a good guy with demons inside him and people just don't seem to get it. I guess they're blind.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tweetie said:

I'm with Magneto 1000000000000000000000% The world is full of bigotry.

As for Xavier, he can keep dreaming.

As for Cyclops, sorry for those blindy fans, but he want to take Magneto's role. While Magneto was leaving behind his conquerors, Cyclops wanted to continue it for him. This is perfectly on panels and not to mention, he was more villainous than Magneto. Magneto kept his anti (better say hero) role, but Cyclops took it beyond his limits. He's a fugitive and hiding from Avengers and Shields. Magneto is not a fugitive anymore. He's in plain sight and no one after him. Cyclops was so wrong and so evil looking. Even Magneto didn't wanted him to be like the old him. He mentioned this to Cyclops several times, but Cyclops is a knucklehead who think he's always right on everything. Let me post my first image should I :-)

No Caption Provided

Magneto did change a lot so people need to stop calling him villain. And even when he was, he has his clearly reason. Magneto is portrayed as what a real person would act and not as what a real person would dream. Gotta love him.

And I thought I was the only one. Whew

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
    deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I always choose the good side

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again, AVX was so mistreated. I never like seeing those heroes against heroes. Ever since, Cyclops became the loser. And I agree, Magneto was more a hero and I still believe he's still is with little darkness on his side. But then again, who doesn't have a dark side? Are there any one so perfect? In this reality we ALL have negative effect and yet, we consider ourselves "angels"

Magneto was right even if you like it or not.

Lol.

I agree... I hated the AvX...H vs H was disappointed. And yes Magneto was right. The X-Men are hated, feared and despised collectively by humanity for no other reason than that they are mutants. Thank you for writing this. I’ve always supported Magneto. Turning the other cheek only leaves you with a bruised or broken jaw.

Avatar image for shadowofthelight
    ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm has the possibility to become the person like "I don't give it F^^&" lol I like Storm and her attitude is what I like the most. She can seem to admire Magneto in some ways.

Cyclops is lost at the moment. He's such a wanna be Magneto which is great, because this can prove Magneto was right lol

Magneto.................................................I mean, what can I say? He's such a bad ass every time I read a comic with him involved. Magneto is very much a hero for some and not for some and is what I like about him. I will go with the Magnus. Xavier is dead and that is a shame, because XM need him now more than ever.

Warhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

@warhammer: Nice quotes:) I bought this movie not to long ago because it comes with a lil comic. I see that you also pick the biggest bigot of mutants. Bolivar and Stryker. Though I don't remember the lil Bolivar man been in comics. I agree that it's very disturbing in what they do to mutants. In the movie, Mystique, found pictures of all the mutants that Bolivar was experimenting with. I think Pixie was one of them, Nightcrawler's father, Emma probably was one of them, but didn't notice her in the pictures, but Magneto mentioned something about the mutant's was dead because Xavier abandone them and Emma was one of them. This argument was of course, when they were on the plane. Magneto was so piss off that even Wolverine told him he understand his anger and that is why he's a survival. I'm going to watch this movie again. It would be my third time to watch it since I bought it lol :)

LoL

Thanks

Yes, Magneto is understandable

Warhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Warhammer

@cutter: Thanks

I'm just glad I did.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By UHypocrite

WOW! At lease some people know what it's to be understandable. Magneto learned from life and understood the humanity better than humanity themselves. I don't need to say much because they're all here. But I do like to share an image that some people might forgot about and here it is. Glad to share a little something with the community.

No Caption Provided

And yes Magneto was right and those who think he wasn't... that said... read my username :)

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Rubear
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This keep getting better and interesting lol.

What I like about “Magneto Was Right” is that it refers to the arguable realism of his essential argument as proven by not only events within the Marvel U itself, such as the Mutant & Super Human Registration Acts and Operation: Zero Tolerance, but in the real world too. For Magneto’s character is more grounded in real world events than most “superhero” comic book characters, his adolescence in Auschwitz provides a valid argument as well as an impetus to the character’s motives. Right or wrong (usually, but not always, wrong), Magneto is not about conquest for personal gain, but the protection of his people. Magneto would not rest until the balance are made. I finally got back on track with the Magneto comic and how cruel is this book. There are so many things going on and this should be part of it. I'm surprise no one bother posting images of Magneto solo book. Maybe one day I will. It's perfectly clear how humans are behaving with each other and with mutants. So inhuman.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone: I like that statement of yours :)

@cutter: Yes. I hope this bug thing is already fix because I don't think this fixing should have take too long. Eating my post as well my post number is annoying. I haven't been here for that simple reason. Other wise if I keep posting, withing a month or two, my post will be back to 0 :(

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starr said:

@shebba: Well thank you.

People do have different views and for the most part, they just want to go blind, especially if they hate the character just to make the other one look good. Magneto is a good guy with demons inside him and people just don't seem to get it. I guess they're blind.

I agree. Magneto is just angry for what humans are doing. I'm a human, but I can't say I'm perfect because my right hand can cut off my left hand.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. Probably fans would've still hate her. I think the fact people hate her is because she is Magneto's daughter.

As for the topic, humans just don't understand what it is to have different genetics. "Feared and hated", as the cliche goes, by regular humans for their freakish difference and/or perceived advantages, the X-Men consist of a race of super-human mutants who were granted powers by an accident of birth. As with the victims of racist, sexist, or homophobic violence, the X-Men are similarly unable to reject or deny their powers but are nonetheless punished by family, friends, and government for possessing them. I think humans are just wrong for treating other people wrong and indifferently. Mutants are humans nothing more, only that they carry a different gene. On the serious side, I hope the mutants are proven to be human. I agree that we are ALL equal.

PurePleazure4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By PurePleazure4u

@frozon: Seriously, she is hated by many who also don't like Magneto. I love Scarlet and feel bad for her characterization because she's been used by many ass**le out there who mistreated her (I mean writers).

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purepleazure4u: Writers just don't know how to write her. She is so complicated and so powerful and that's why they keep retconing her.

PurePleazure4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozon: I do admire that Bendis is rather singular in his vision ... he knows what he wants to do and isn't afraid to make it happen. I don't have any problem with retcon if they serve a purpose. But the way he used her for HOM was so unnecessary ugh.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozon: I do admire that Bendis is rather singular in his vision ... he knows what he wants to do and isn't afraid to make it happen. I don't have any problem with retcon if they serve a purpose. But the way he used her for HOM was so unnecessary ugh.

Ever notice everything that stupid in Marvel is either done by Bendis or under direct order from Quesada? lol

PurePleazure4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themasterofmagnetism
    TheMasterofMagnetism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto has long been a very polarizing figure within the comic book community. Recent events in RL (Real Life) history have exacerbated those reactions. Magneto has gone from being a comic book "villain" with shades of grey. He's not that Magneto we knew in his first appearance. Although he has been retconned over the years. He did change a lot during his 60 years of his characterization. Some people stated that Magneto is a murderer. Magneto is a mass murderer, but not for the reason so many suspect. When he killed the crowd of people who kept him from saving his daughter in Vinnistia, he became a mass murderer. While he was utterly pitiable and his reaction utterly understandable, he did kill hundreds, if not thousands, in that one moment. It is arguable that he did not intend to kill them, that this newly discovered power lashed out of him beyond his control, but he certainly has expressed no regret over it. He regretted many things except for the incident of his daughter.

Magneto is my favorite character for that simple reason. He's understandable, a Holocaust survivor, with many tragedies in his life, and this would make him sympathetic. But I believe he was right about the whole humanity thing. It's full of bigotry, hate, fear, and this is portrayed in our real world. I love Xavier, but he was too dreamer into something that would never happen. Despite their beliefs, Magneto joined the X-M on many occasions and helped Xavier and the X-M here and there. He's an antihero who get twisted when he saw his mutantkind in oppression. It instantly brings his mind back to the time of the Holocaust and he just don't want this to happen (again) to his kind. For mutants he is a hero and for humans he is a villain. So I'll say he is an antihero. You should see what really going on in his own book. It's crazy just to think what humans are capable of.

I guess you guys know whose side I will be with.

This is a really good thread BTW. I'm happy to know few people actually like him.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Cutter

@warhammer: :)

@uhypocrite: Thanks for your post. I literally forgot about that incident :)

@rubear: Yes...Wolverine is a hypocrite...because In WATX...he was so called the Professor Wolverine lol...

@themasterofmagnetism: I'm glad you're a fan like the rest of them. I agree with you about the Mass Murderer. I don't think he literally did that intentionally. His rage was out of control once his daughter burned...right in front of his eyes...and not knowing how to control his new powers was not his fault. But I'm glad you brought that up.

@purepleazure4u:Don't read Bendisvengers and Fractionized X-Men. Gen Hope falls into second category. Absolutely horrible...and Bendis also only writes characters he likes and can't do half the characters right...lol.

@frozon: I also agree with your statement. Is a good example.

@moonlighterstone: I agree...and I'm happy to know you finally catch up with the book.

@shebba: I'm kinda noticed this too, but let's hope it won't last long.

macmx288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll almost always choose the Brotherhood personally. Human beings are constantly at war with one another and if we can't even solve that how the shit does Xavier expect the humans to accept mutantkind? If reality's history is anything to go by, then Magneto by all means should usher in a new era... We had our chance and failed.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: My pleasure. I'm sure there are more, but don't have it in my pc. Maybe I'll do that when I have time.

Humans are so mean and in the last issue of Magneto ongoing, he came out that he was right all along. I'm so happy about how this book is going so far. And you were right about this all along as well lol.

Tweetie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themasterofmagnetism: I have a question.

I was just curious about that number you mentioned. How did Magneto kill that amount of people? This only happened in his block which I assume there weren't hundreds, let alone thousands of people. I thought you were exaggerating and speculating that number which is inaccurate. He did accidentally kill some people (wasn't his intention), but only around his block and those who were holding him back and those who were in that incident. I think you got that number wrong. Just saying.

Avatar image for magnetowasalwaysright
    MagnetoWasAlwaysRight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread had become the most interesting thread I ever read.

All Magneto wanted was peace and harmony for both humans and mutants. Why is this a bad thing to accomplish? And I think to accomplish things like that you must has to scare them let say.......... Declaring war so they can stop the hating and killing mutants. Also, war is not genocide. Declaring war on a group is not the same as calling for the eradication of a group. The United States has declared war on England, Mexico, and Japan, but we have not called for the utter annihilation of their people. The deaths of the Germans, Italians, and Japanese were regrettably necessary in the World War II, but none of the Allied governments had any interest in wiping the German, Japanese, and Italians from the face of the planet as a whole. As much as people would like to deny it, there is little about war that is methodical. One can prepare for war methodically, but once you are in the fight anything can and does happen and the rest of the war is spent reacting. They were mere acts of violent racism, not necessary to the war effort of any nation or group.

So where then do Magneto’s acts fall? First of all, Magneto has never stated that eradicating humanity was what he wanted. He regretted frequently that the deaths of humans may be necessary to achieve his goals of mutant protection, but he does not want to erase them as a whole from the surface of the world. “It is a true human tragedy Ferris, when a man holds salvation in his grip, and it too blind to see it. Given the chance they would see our kind swept from the earth. I…do not want this Ferris, but they have forced my hand. There can never be peace.” (X-Men # 85, and yes I think the irony was intentional).

In the case of the EMP in X-Men #25, there was a declared state of war. Magneto had made no aggressive moves (except towards the X-Men, who struck first when Magneto came to recruit them) when the U.N. blockaded the mutant colony of Avalon with a system of satellites. Magneto used the EMP to knock out the satellites, the side effect of which was the deaths of thousands planetside. It is not a “proportionate response”, but then what country does engage in proportionate response in a war? The bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki certainly were not. The U.S. and the U.S.S.R. held the world hostage in their Mexican standoff for 50 years, the smallest friction between the two raising the specter of planetary annihilation. Had a Russian ballistic missile submarine launched nuclear warheads at the United States as they did at Magneto in Uncanny #150, the U.S. wouldn't have merely sunk the sub as Magneto did. They would have nuked Russia. The Fatal Attractions EMP was an act of war just as the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were acts of war.

It is also noteworthy that these deaths were wholly indiscriminate, mutants probably died along with humans in that incident, as would have been the case had the nuclear bomb gone off in Santo Marco or New York. Nor were those two nuclear bombs a methodical means of wiping humanity from the globe. They were cowardly, they would have been heinous incidents of terrorism and mass murder, but they were not acts of genocide. And as noted above, when Magneto has had the opportunity with countries under his control, he did even not engage in segregation, let alone enact genocidal programs. He did not haul the Genoshan humans out of their homes and have them shot. He kicked a few political and social leaders out of the country and most of the rest were free to leave or stay as they wished. (Admittedly, he did temporarily hold some humans on Genosha during the war to continue their work to maintain the infrastructure, however after Genosha got on its feet they were free to leave. This hardly qualifies as "genocidal behavior".) Indeed, even when he got to have his "dream world" in House of M, humans were still a part of it, still living and working side by side with mutants.

Magneto is not a nice man, but then global politics is not a nice place. While he has tried to moderate his responses on a couple occasions, such when he created the volcano in Varykino in Uncanny #150 he retarded its growth to allow for the evacuation of the city, more often his rage lashes out indiscriminately, and despite the claim he made Secret Wars I #1, he has killed innocents. But then so has every other country that has engaged in a war.

Magneto is not the monster people intended him to be. If you see the war that has occurred with humans against mutants, is no different if Magneto declare war on them in order to create peace. AND there were peace. There were peace and harmony between them until the sentinels came along in destroying the mutants paradise. Killed many mutants and humans and Magneto does not has anything.... ANYTHING to do with those death. But put it this way..........if Magneto wouldn't do what he did, I'm sure humans would've made their first move to kill all the mutants. I guess someone needed to make the first move since this was coming from either way. Magneto is understandable and a complete justifiable. Me, a mutant, I bet my ass would be with Magneto. Who wouldn't want to live in that beautiful place so called........Genosha? This place was so beautiful, no militants, no fighting, and all peaceful. Hopefully we get to see Magneto and Polaris building up Genosha once again. I'm really excited for this one.

I'm glad I found this site.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda feel a missed opportunity for not taking part in this thread, even though I intended to at some, for some reason overlooked it again. Shame, could have been interesting.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Kinda feel a missed opportunity for not taking part in this thread, even though I intended to at some, for some reason overlooked it again. Shame, could have been interesting.

Why?? It is just oddly obsessive people debating the inconsistent actions of a fictional character.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Why I have to write a complex speech, when Cattlebattle wrote exactly what I mean in only a sentence?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why?? It is just oddly obsessive people debating the inconsistent actions of a fictional character.

Why bother with comic book forums at all? All we're doing here revolves around these inconsistent character and their world :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.