Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which Team would You Choose? And Who Was Right?

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

TL;DR

Lelz.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Viperians
    Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sometime soon I will be posting some interesting images.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is right in the mu because the writers will consistently showcase the worst of humanity against the mutants. Fanatics, people with political agendas, super patriots or people like Fury who just want to use them. Somewhere in there are a few people who don't care if a person is a mutant or not, but they are either powerless or will go along with the power structure for one reason or another. The marvel writers celebrate the worst of humanity and in that sort of world Magneto is right.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

logic says that cyclops was not only right but when the chips are down, wolverine not only blink but flinched. idc what wolverine thinks. their lives are in their hands and cyclops gave the kids here multiple chances to decide for themselves what to do whereas wolverine will make the kids do what he said in spite of what they want. Cyclops didnt make child soldiers, the world around them did. cyclops would be more than happy to let these kids live the ideal life wolverine is offering but that wasnt an option and wolverine didnt care. he's the only one forcing anyone to do anything

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Fabulosity

@cresshadow: ROFL. Another blindly fan. Cyclops was never right. His intention are nothing like a hero nowadays. In prison he looked like a really evil character. Someone who was right and a hero at the same time, shouldn't be in jail. He Was WRONG.

Not to mention, Cyclops a.k.a Scott Summers has always been one to preach morality, team work, and any other goody-goody values, that was till he figured people needed killing. Turning to the guy who does what he does best and it isn’t very pretty, Scott assembles a black-ops style X-men team to handle these jobs. Of course he shares his plans with the rest of the X-men team right? No, it’s a secret, a dirty little one he keeps hidden along with all his other douche baggery.

Now, this is two reason so far, and there is more lol.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cresshadow: ROFL. Another blindly fan. Cyclops was never right. His intention are nothing like a hero nowadays. In prison he looked like a really evil character. Someone who was right and a hero at the same time, shouldn't be in jail. He Was WRONG.

Not to mention, Cyclops a.k.a Scott Summers has always been one to preach morality, team work, and any other goody-goody values, that was till he figured people needed killing. Turning to the guy who does what he does best and it isn’t very pretty, Scott assembles a black-ops style X-men team to handle these jobs. Of course he shares his plans with the rest of the X-men team right? No, it’s a secret, a dirty little one he keeps hidden along with all his other douche baggery.

In your OPINION.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Koays  Online

Idk how this is even a debate on the Magneto thread but whatever...Please give more examples of where he was wrong so we can argue back at you because right now it's hard to because your being very vague and I find myself asking "what does he mean by really evil character"

Anyway, Cyclops created a black ops teams. Sure it's something none of the other X-Men would approve of. But there were reasons for the creation of the team, including the decrease in mutants and the X-Men taking responsibility for the remaining mutants who still had CONFIRMED major targets on their backs. He keeps it a secret yes but idk how that makes him a douchebag, it could be seen as wrong but you'd have to argue the point of "Effectiveness and urgency vs Morals and hypocrisy".

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

t@fabulosity said:

Idk how this is even a debate on the Magneto thread but whatever...Please give more examples of where he was wrong so we can argue back at you because right now it's hard to because your being very vague and I find myself asking "what does he mean by really evil character"

Anyway, Cyclops created a black ops teams. Sure it's something none of the other X-Men would approve of. But there were reasons for the creation of the team, including the decrease in mutants and the X-Men taking responsibility for the remaining mutants who still had CONFIRMED major targets on their backs. He keeps it a secret yes but idk how that makes him a douchebag, it could be seen as wrong but you'd have to argue the point of "Effectiveness and urgency vs Morals and hypocrisy".

like I mentioned in the earlier thread, the most these guys can come up with is " cuz he sucks", "cuz he's a douche", "cuz he killed a dude". It's hilarious when simply reading the comics that have the character these guys refer to has all that is needed to prove them wrong.

Snurks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Snurks

I'm sure this is not a thread about if Cyclops was right. More likely if Magneto was right or Xavier... thread.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Koays  Online

like I mentioned in the earlier thread, the most these guys can come up with is " cuz he sucks", "cuz he's a douche", "cuz he killed a dude". It's hilarious when simply reading the comics that have the character these guys refer to has all that is needed to prove them wrong.

Yea. Idk what point was trying to be made with that example other then "it happened". Smh is it too much to use facts AND details to argue points?

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By cresShadow

Im sorry, I've should of been more clear on my stance in the argument. time have proven them both to be right in one way or another but these two are too stubborn and to attached on their views to really understand that in order to safeguard an entire species, you need aspects of both to win and Cyclops is the embodiment of both ideals. credit to magneto on the other hand for being willing to compromise and try his opposing views whereas Charles was not

No Caption Provided

We've seen what happen when done Charles' way

No Caption Provided

and We've seen what happened when done magneto's way

No Caption Provided

so in reality who's side you choose is irrelevant. being labeled "Good" or "Evil" doesnt really matter when it comes to a goal like these people are reaching for. Cyclops however was able to become the embodiment of both sides and through trial and error, this amalgam of philosophies helped jump start the mutant race and united them going further than they ever did before. history supports magneto but those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. however, compromises must be made when the lives of many are on your hands. you have to be ready to do some ugly things in an ugly world. and in the future, when it's all said and done. people will see you as who you truly are.

No Caption Provided

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but this is just my thoughts on the matter. sorry for getting the thread off track

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Koays  Online

@cresshadow: Honestly, that was perfect illustration of the flaws in both ideals. Magnus makes the world his enemies hoping they'll be to scared to be a threat, Xavier lets the world push him around hoping the world will see how wrong it is.

Time will tell whether Cyke's "you don't have to like us but dont push us around" approach is right, and Havok's got some good points as well for just working for a better tomorrow without distinctions..but those are definetly movements i'm more on board with then Mags generally.

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Sky_Fire
    Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Sky_Fire
    No Caption Provided

This one I don't even feel should be explained, but we all know Cyclops as the boy scout turned to militant leader of the mutant race. He's a douchebag who may be a hero though not the kind you really care to fight along side. I wouldn't mind doing the world that one favor and removing a mutant from existence.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sky_fire said:
    No Caption Provided

This one I don't even feel should be explained, but we all know Cyclops as the boy scout turned to militant leader of the mutant race. He's a douchebag who may be a hero though not the kind you really care to fight along side. I wouldn't mind doing the world that one favor and removing a mutant from existence.

honestly a lot of people who hate or are made at cyclops I think do not understand the full situation. the X-men can be mad all they want. that's family business but objectively speaking, Cyclops shown true leadership

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Koays  Online

@sky_fire: It's a random pic how does that make him wrong??? You can't just post pictures of dead Xavier and claim your point is made. You can't just claim that he's a douchbag without saying why he is one. You can't say he's wrong without addressing the points that we are saying make him right.

If you don't agree with his choices then list your grievances (on an appropriate thread), but when people say "Cyclops was right" there not talking about going insane while possessed and mentally pushed to the limits. There talking about his perspective on the issues and his objectives/ end goal....idk what point your even trying to make or how it relates to Magneto, Xavier or the philosophies of any one.

Snurks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cresshadow: @koays:

I think now is the perfect time for me to use this.

Did you ever try to understand the opinions and positions of the fans of other characters? You can defend your favorite character, but try to understand that others aren't going to share your opinion. Instead of engaging in hostile discourse over who's the most hypocritical or who's the worst, agree that all the X-Men are flawed and are going through a rough time. A lot of really bad things went down, and the X-Men are fractured and distrustful of each other.

Yes both sides are equally right and equally wrong and yet Cyclops is the only one who's been portrayed as 'wrong' by the other heroes in-universe and by fans of other characters. I understand why people dislike him and that's why I didn't post anything when this thread was started. But when people who've posted their opinion started downgrading the other side of the argument as 'obsessive fans blindly defend their favourite' and that we should just accept the hate and be a punching bag, it's getting annoying. Respect should come from both sides.

Respect is earned, not given. Instead of engaging in needless and hostile arguments, simple acknowledge the other side has valid criticisms, and that yours are equally valid. You have your opinion, they have theirs. By all means, have a critical and engaging discussion, but don't think the other person is wrong simply because they disagree with you or have differing opinions about X-Men or your favorite character(s).

And through all levels, Magneto has his point and not just being as an illegal mutants, but how cruel can people really be in this real world. I ask you this. What would you do when you're defending your team who's defending the people who hates them (you)? Isn't Cyclops finally realize the differences between humans and Mutants? I saw a post where cyclops made Magic to write a BIG X on a human's face. Like I say, I don't like trolling down characters cause I like them all. But to say who was right during the massacre that happened with mutants. Notwithstanding I rather be a hero, but I also rather seek for savior. I think you get the point why people defend their own characters.

I'm sure this is not a thread about if Cyclops was right. More likely if Magneto was right or Xavier... thread.

There is a lot of Cyclops threads. Why this one since this is about Magneto and Xavier? Why f@cking this here? How would you feel if someone go to ya thread which is about Cyclops and talk about other things instead about Cyclops? Take it some where else cause this ain't the right place to discuss this and ya know it. How about some respect?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Koays  Online

@snurks: Lol what did I do? i even said to take it to another thread and asked what it had to do with Magneto....How come those guys aren't tagged

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snurks said:

@cresshadow: @koays:

I think now is the perfect time for me to use this.

Did you ever try to understand the opinions and positions of the fans of other characters? You can defend your favorite character, but try to understand that others aren't going to share your opinion. Instead of engaging in hostile discourse over who's the most hypocritical or who's the worst, agree that all the X-Men are flawed and are going through a rough time. A lot of really bad things went down, and the X-Men are fractured and distrustful of each other.

Yes both sides are equally right and equally wrong and yet Cyclops is the only one who's been portrayed as 'wrong' by the other heroes in-universe and by fans of other characters. I understand why people dislike him and that's why I didn't post anything when this thread was started. But when people who've posted their opinion started downgrading the other side of the argument as 'obsessive fans blindly defend their favourite' and that we should just accept the hate and be a punching bag, it's getting annoying. Respect should come from both sides.

Respect is earned, not given. Instead of engaging in needless and hostile arguments, simple acknowledge the other side has valid criticisms, and that yours are equally valid. You have your opinion, they have theirs. By all means, have a critical and engaging discussion, but don't think the other person is wrong simply because they disagree with you or have differing opinions about X-Men or your favorite character(s).

And through all levels, Magneto has his point and not just being as an illegal mutants, but how cruel can people really be in this real world. I ask you this. What would you do when you're defending your team who's defending the people who hates them (you)? Isn't Cyclops finally realize the differences between humans and Mutants? I saw a post where cyclops made Magic to write a BIG X on a human's face. Like I say, I don't like trolling down characters cause I like them all. But to say who was right during the massacre that happened with mutants. Notwithstanding I rather be a hero, but I also rather seek for savior. I think you get the point why people defend their own characters.

There is a lot of Cyclops threads. Why this one since this is about Magneto and Xavier? Why f@cking this here? How would you feel if someone go to ya thread which is about Cyclops and talk about other things instead about Cyclops? Take it some where else cause this ain't the right place to discuss this and ya know it. How about some respect?

I wasnt speaking out of malice or disrespect I was just speaking in general. I just got out of a thread that used nothing but out of context "examples" of why they hated a character. and no, Cyclops isnt my favorite character. I just see what he sees and think that people give him a bad rap without looking at the whole picture because there's more to it. that's how marvel wrote it to be. my stance is that they were both right but went the wrong approach that lead to the death of many innocent lives. that's all Im saying. and I apologize for the agressive remark. I wasnt trying to insult you at all, @sky_fire

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sky_fire said:
    No Caption Provided

I think Captain America/Steve Rogers, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Iron Man, and Scarlet Witch look like the real douchebags in all of this. As far as I can see, Cyclops is the only person actually doing anything about the problems he sees. Everyone else is taking it easy with a hands off/full blame on approach. Standing on the sidelines, and critiquing anyone who does something does not a hero make.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sky_fire said:
    No Caption Provided

I think Captain America/Steve Rogers, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Iron Man, and Scarlet Witch look like the real douchebags in all of this. As far as I can see, Cyclops is the only person actually doing anything about the problems he sees. Everyone else is taking it easy with a hands off/full blame on approach. Standing on the sidelines, and critiquing anyone who does something does not a hero make.

storm is being more proactive now

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe people treat Cyclops as a killer. Well since I haven't read any comics about what Cyclops did a while ago, I can't say. And Snurks is right, this is about Magneto and Xavier. So stop painting Cyclops as a killer. And yes Magneto was right and that's why Cyclops is doing what Magneto been doing. Someone has to take Magneto's mentor.

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Noctum

Interesting. Magneto was right and I have that shirt lol. In this world is so full of hate and bigot (prejudice) and this is part of humanity society. This is part of history of when black and white are bigot to each other. Same goes to mutants and humans. Right now in Magneto book, the bigot are the humans. Who they killing mutants for the hell of it, for fun, and they seem to look at them with an envy eye. Magneto was right.

Warhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Warhammer
    Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#178  Edited By Cutter

I always like Cyclops, but I agree with some people. He became somewhat lunatic...despite his reasons...and can't say he was right since this is not about Cyclops. Even though...Cyclops reminds me of Magneto.

Well here are some images that I mentioned to post. Have fun guys...

This mean..if you're not an American (or human) you should be consider as a terrorist...which is what they call the mutant as well...a terrorist.
    This mean..if you're not an American (or human) you should be consider as a terrorist...which is what they call the mutant as well...a terrorist.
    This is one of the best example of bigot. Jumping a poor guy (who happen to be a mutie) for no reason just because he's a mutant.
    This is one of the best example of bigot. Jumping a poor guy (who happen to be a mutie) for no reason just because he's a mutant.
    How about this poor little mutant (girl)? She didn't ask to be this way and she was abandoned only because of who she was. It seems that if you have a daughter or a son who happen to be a mutant...you can be fire from your job and treated as a deviant...only because your kids are mutants...how cruel is that?
    How about this poor little mutant (girl)? She didn't ask to be this way and she was abandoned only because of who she was. It seems that if you have a daughter or a son who happen to be a mutant...you can be fire from your job and treated as a deviant...only because your kids are mutants...how cruel is that?
    This is the best bigot you can see from these humans. Even the cop will let them do what they want if she doesn't hurry the F..K up and leave. There you can see she said
    This is the best bigot you can see from these humans. Even the cop will let them do what they want if she doesn't hurry the F..K up and leave. There you can see she said "Their loss!" because it is true they are there for them...to save them...to help them...to protect them and STILL humans don't give a F..K about it. In this...Magneto was right.
    How would this make you guys feel? The registration act was only so they can have the word Mutie written on their images faces. This mean...once registered with the government...you are more likely going to be rejected in every part of the state and only because you are a MUTANT. OR...perhaps so they can find them easily and kill them.
    How would this make you guys feel? The registration act was only so they can have the word Mutie written on their images faces. This mean...once registered with the government...you are more likely going to be rejected in every part of the state and only because you are a MUTANT. OR...perhaps so they can find them easily and kill them.
    Bigot...Bigot...and...Bigot. As you can see Prof-X and Cyclops looking at them as if they knew what they were talking about...I'm sure Prof-X knew.
    Bigot...Bigot...and...Bigot. As you can see Prof-X and Cyclops looking at them as if they knew what they were talking about...I'm sure Prof-X knew.
    Does anybody really know what is happening here?
    Does anybody really know what is happening here?
    Here are the friends of humanity. Oh my...look at that sing
    Here are the friends of humanity. Oh my...look at that sing "Hang the Mutants" and look at the other one "Mutants Are Demons" And yet...if you look at those humans faces...what you think they look like?
    Another suffer police brutality. Of course...this is how it is if mutants live with humans. There is no escape for this bigot.
    Another suffer police brutality. Of course...this is how it is if mutants live with humans. There is no escape for this bigot.
    I guess they are learning from Magneto...lol.
    I guess they are learning from Magneto...lol. "We Deserve Respect! We Demand respect! And We Won't Get It With The Pejorative Term "Mutant" In Popular Use! I like this line.
    And who remember this? Here I can see Cyclops taking Magneto's lines. Here I can say he was right after Magneto.
    And who remember this? Here I can see Cyclops taking Magneto's lines. Here I can say he was right after Magneto.
    I added this cause is part of it.
    I added this cause is part of it.
    No Caption Provided
    Here are the church of Humanity...the Purifiers who were hired to hunt mutants and kill them...lol how silly isn't?
    Here are the church of Humanity...the Purifiers who were hired to hunt mutants and kill them...lol how silly isn't?
    Here is the fortress....I guess you get the pic.
    Here is the fortress....I guess you get the pic.
    The reason why Sentinels exist...
    The reason why Sentinels exist...
    It looks like mutants has to follow some laws...and people can just point on you and say...
    It looks like mutants has to follow some laws...and people can just point on you and say..."You Look Like A Mutant" I guess if mutants are not doing anything wrong...they get pointed.
    Does someone still believe in Xavier's dream? Shame....
    Does someone still believe in Xavier's dream? Shame....
    I truly like this scene.
    I truly like this scene.
    No Caption Provided
    The reason why you should stand with your head erect and proudly be who you are. Magneto is a proud mutant who never hide his true color. Magneto was right in this...of course.
    The reason why you should stand with your head erect and proudly be who you are. Magneto is a proud mutant who never hide his true color. Magneto was right in this...of course.
    A man who use the word
    A man who use the word "God" for everything. They killed mutants in the name of God...they hunted them...hurt them...oppressed them...and all in the name of God. Clearly he's the biggest bigot.
    I thought this was part of racist.
    I thought this was part of racist.

And because of all this...Magneto only wanted to create a Paradise...a Heaven...a Avalon...for the mutants to live in peace...where bigot are not even exist it. In this...Magneto was right and he will always be remembered in every racist you read in comics. Magneto was right!
    And because of all this...Magneto only wanted to create a Paradise...a Heaven...a Avalon...for the mutants to live in peace...where bigot are not even exist it. In this...Magneto was right and he will always be remembered in every racist you read in comics. Magneto was right!
    killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto was right, Cyclops was right, Xavier was always wrong and justifiably killed after all the mind raping he had done in his life.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well done. The reason why Magneto is bigot... I guess.

Magneto was always right and I know Marvel mean it. He was right about the Registration act, about the mutant and human can't be together, about the humans bigots, about the racist, about contended of who U R, and about everything else. Bravo Magneto bravo... it's very understandable.

How did Cyclops happen to B here when he's in his lost state of mind? I hold nothing against this "noble" man, but Cyclops killed Xavier ONLY to pursue the Master of Magnetism (how maleficent). I'm I wrong? The reason he became this "badass" Cyclops was because of the routine of the Master of Magnetism. Trust me... Fraction took him there. I don't C in what Cyclops was right when pretty much all the right stuff he got it from the Master of Magnetism. AND don't get me wrong... I like Cyclops.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My gosh. How racist is all this? Too much racist been posted here and I clearly see why Magneto always go an extreme. I can Only imagine this in the real world because all this is really happening in reality.

Cyclops was right, but his point of view take him to Magneto point of view. I'm glad he realized that Magneto had a point since this was going nowhere with the humans. Xavier is a good guy who only wanted peace and equal for all. It is true that this dream didn't work, but the good part was that he never gave up his dream, in what he believed in, in what it should make the world better. I guess at the end Magneto was right.

I truly hope for Xavier's return because x men are going to need him now more than ever.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now THAT is racist.

Someone called Cyclops a Douche lol.

Gazerbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with Magneto f ck yeah 100% Now these images can prove how racist humans are and not just in comics, but in the real world also. Me a mutant will go for savior. Xavier can live his dream all he wants, but I'm going for the one who was right all along.

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Hotshotters

impressive. i mean, very impressive. i remember when i was 10, and read my first x-men comic, and thinking to myself. "that magneto guy makes a lot of sense... why are they fighting him?" twenty years later I still agree with magneto. except when he's written by grant morrison. waffles grant morrison. i loved magneto in new mutants when he was written by chris claremont that is the way he should be.

magneto is the victim of endless persecution. the fact is that there are many many crazy people who intend to hurt and kill each other in this world. magneto learned so much that he ain't willing to let humans take over mutants and destroy them like animals or something. magneto was always right. It explains why i love the character so much. he's understandably scarred, has a great sense of pathos even to this day, and has a unique, formidable, and fun powerset. that said... I'm with magneto.

cyclops was right after leaning from magneto, because he was a dreamer believer like xavier. xavier was right at some point, but never wanted to admit that magneto was more righteous than him.

Nostradamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Nostradamus

The first time I came here I read this, but didn't gave any statement. Magneto was right and oh how I like this character as well. While Magneto was an X Men, he was helping people despite how his views with human are. Magneto is not a bad person, just achieving things in the wrongful way, but that doesn't mean he was not right cause he was ALWAYS right. Here is an image of Magneto which I agree with him.

No Caption Provided

I really love Magneto.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Viperians

No Caption Provided
    Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why do people keep saying "Cyclops was right. Cyclops was right after Magneto. Cyclops learned after Magneto." To me he was never right. I'm sorry, but my opinion will stick with me.

Wow. Full of racist. Magneto is fighting for the Mutant race before himself. That's the only thing that matters. Everybody is selfish. But Magneto is literally fighting for mutantkind. Oh he's so fabulous.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always envisioned myself joining Magneto if I were a mutant. The reason being that humans are stupid, especially when they get in big groups. If diplomacy fails for equal rights then you have to fight for it.

I would not be joining the X-Men if this were the case. I would be kicking butt and taking names till someone finally said "OK we give up! Equal rights for all!". And that's how Magneto won Genosha. A beautiful place, very peaceful, with flowers everywhere, and there were no conflicts whatsoever (of course, until the event of Sentinels).

Now others were saying that Magneto isn't just looking for equal rights between humans and mutants (which isn't true because he is), rather he is flat out just looking to destroy humans to make room for the new era of evolution (and this isn't true either because he would've done it long time ago. Like I say... If diplomacy fails for equal rights then you have to fight for it. Magneto did what he did and it was only to call people's attention).

I remember thinking this: Is he just evil and want to destroy all of humanity?

Or is he just looking for equality and wouldn't be fighting at all if that what was offered on the table?

After reading this thread, I literally came to completely realize that Magneto is not 100% evil. He's more likely 50/50. Like I mentioned before he's an Anti-hero and that's how he's portrayed and not just in his solo book but all along. He was right about the racist and bigot (is the reason why he is one). Magneto was right and a lot of the XM was brain washed by Charles and I guess they just couldn't see it until Cyclops opened his eyes.

I guess many fanboys just like Magneto as a villain which truly he never was. I like Magneto just like everyone else and beside, who wouldn't? He's an understandable character who carry the understanding of humanity society... the one who saw it all. Magneto was right and I know Emma wanted to join him at some point.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By cattlebattle

I feel like a lot of people who are writing things about joining Magneto are more aware of the idea of the character than the actual character itself.

Depending on who is writing him, Magneto has always been more of a villain than anything....yeah, he is not the typical, power hungry villain but he has been responsible for plenty of douchebaggery over the years. Remember the "Eve of Destruction" arc where he crucifies Charles Xavier and stops the flow of blood to his brain while he antagonizes World War 3??? What a swell guy.

Also, it's not like Magneto is a real guy wit real ideals and goals. He does whatever a writer wants him to do. Stan Lee had him as Dr Doom Lite. Claremont had him as a tragic, understandable villain who later warmed up to and adopted Xaviers ideals and began to redeem himself. Morrison wanted him to be an insane super villain and had him turn NYC into a pretzel, that was retconned though because the editors wanted to use Mags again. I can't stress enough that he is not a real guy....people understand that, right??

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto I believe serves whatever he thinks is right at the time. No matter what the moral majority may think.

Professor X could also be a bad guy, because in spite of his belief of non-violence he sends kids to fight his battles.

Snurks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Well obviously.

@cresshadow: I understand

@koays: Sorry, you're right. I didn't saw Skyfire nor Avenger85. Actually, I shouldn't never say anyhting. Is not my thread anyway. You know what? From now own I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy other people's criticism lol.

WonKka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm simply pointing out Xavier will never get anywhere with his attempts at a peaceful resolution. People in general just don't give in to new thoughts and ideas until it is forced upon them or they feel they have no other possible decisions to make.

For instance, If you went to the evil ruler of Germany in 1938 and showed him the future and that he would lose, he wouldn't just lay down arms and give up and try to find a peaceful solution. He would try to find a new plan to win. So we would still probably just have to kick his butt till he gave up. Diplomacy fails in so many ways.

If someone is considered a 'villain' because they are willing to fight to make someone change their minds then the US could be seen as quite the villain because that seems to be about all we do. Fight fight fight. Oh, changed your mind now? OK now you can go about your business then.

Xavier's solution to this problem will never yield results.

Magneto has it right. And if I were mutant you would see me with him (lol). And no he's not a real guy, but like @cutter said... he's not a real character, but he's a characterization of what a real guy can go through. Cyclops is not a real guy nor Jean, Emma, Nightcrawler, and all the rest of them, but you'll see people defending them and saying whose side they'll be with. Or who was right. In this case, I'm with Magneto (because his ideas are real).

If simply put the humans would offer a truce, and equality for all, and Magneto would accept. Then he is a hero.

Crazy fools that just want to mess everything up for their own enjoyment and pleasure are the real villains. Take the humans from Magneto's ongoing as an example.

Here with so many post of racist toward mutants can be enough prove to say that Magneto (not was) IS right.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By cattlebattle

Magneto, in most incarnations of the character, depict him as a guy that will harm and or kill innocent humans and mutants if necessary as long as it's a means to his end. Several writers have had him do that very thing.

He is not right. He is a potential dictator.

The whole irony of his character is that he is born with power (physical) and he uses it to lord over people that were born different from him.....no different from what someone like Hitler did. He is just perpetuating the same crap that made him into what he is today.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Starr

Magneto, in most incarnations of the character, depict him as a guy that will harm and or kill innocent humans and mutants if necessary as long as it's a means to his end. Several writers have had him do that very thing.

He is not right. He is a potential dictator.

The whole irony of his character is that he is born with power (physical) and he uses it to lord over people that were born different from him.....no different from what someone like Hitler did. He is just perpetuating the same crap that made him into what he is today. I hate to go here and use this condescending phrase but: do people even read the X-Men comics??

Well I do read XM comics intently. And it is Obvious with so many racist posted here people are still blind. Magneto was right and if he's not and he's a villain then so is Cyclops (I'm sure here people wont agree) since he's following Magneto's ideals. I don't really even blame Magneto that much. I mean, people are trying to kill you, I can completely understand wanting to kill them because of that. It annoys me because you can see Magneto's point but seeing as a boy what one race looked like trying to exterminate another you would think he would find anyway to stop repeating that cycle. Mutants are about to be extinction and you can find that out in his solo book or any other book.

Xavier is coming across as one of those "No really, I'm good!" guys... then ends up justifying his evil actions with good intentions.

In D&D terms he sounds Neutral-Evil, claiming he's a Paladin to everyone.

He sounds more like the Villain than Magneto to me. At least Magneto has no delusions about who he is, what he wants and how he is going to get there.

Good and Evil are both abstract concepts based on individual perspective. People on Magnetos side more than likely see neither him, nor themselves as evil. But probably see the XM as oppressive human lovers.

On a serious note yes Xavier is also a villain and a hypocrite, he mind wiped Cyclops to make him forget about Gabriel, and in the long run Xavier has caused more harm to mutants than Magneto, In my opinion.

Morrison planned for Xorn to be Magneto all along but the editors kinda rejected the idea and I'm glad they did. Marvel wanted a heroic Magneto so Magneto got retconned to be a hero again. Magneto today is like an anti-hero. You do know he was an XM for a long time right? You do know who was the villain during the AVX right?

And again, you do know what Magneto is capable of is no different than an ordinary person would be capable of. Always people think him killing innocence humans, but what about humans? Are they saints? Are they perfect? Are they angels? No. They would do the same thing Magneto would do. Again, is no different to me, because humans are actually trying to find a way to eliminate the mutants at any possibilities and any cost EVEN if they're corroborating. There is no question why Sentinels existed.

Early comics? Hell yes he's a villain, and that's what everyone wanted him to be, very clearly. Later on though when the comics were no longer pointed at kids with black and white good/evil and replaced with complex characters with motivations? No, he's not evil. The Magneto of now is definitely good, maybe not a hero, but not the villain he used to be for sure.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By cattlebattle

@starr said:

Well I do read XM comics intently. And it is Obvious with so many racist posted here people are still blind. Magneto was right and if he's not and he's a villain then so is Cyclops (I'm sure here people wont agree) since he's following Magneto's ideals. I don't really even blame Magneto that much. I mean, people are trying to kill you, I can completely understand wanting to kill them because of that. It annoys me because you can see Magneto's point but seeing as a boy what one race looked like trying to exterminate another you would think he would find anyway to stop repeating that cycle. Mutants are about to be extinction and you can find that out in his solo book or any other book.

So....by your logic you would support a ruthless dictator because he had a complex background. Good to know. He essentially thinks himself better than other people because he has super powers, Hitler had that same train of thought, only he didn't have super powers, he just thought he was superior to others. Humans building robots and hating mutants doesn't justify anything......humans build robots to combat and hate Spider-Man.

@starr said:

Xavier is coming across as one of those "No really, I'm good!" guys... then ends up justifying his evil actions with good intentions.

Although Xavier isn't perfect, he has done more good for mutants than bad. He has never threatened to destroy the world or antagonized World War 3 or pulled the skeleton out of a guy because he felt "threatened"

@starr said:

And again, you do know what Magneto is capable of is no different than an ordinary person would be capable of. Always people think him killing innocence humans, but what about humans? Are they saints? Are they perfect? Are they angels? No. They would do the same thing Magneto would do. Again, is no different to me, because humans are actually trying to find a way to eliminate the mutants at any possibilities and any cost EVEN if they're corroborating. There is no question why Sentinels existed.

Magneto puts innocent humans and mutants in harms way to achieve his own ends. No different from someone like Dr Doom, who, you could also debate isn't a super villain. Magneto isn't either. He isn't the prototypical villain, but he is in no way right about his actions.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I would have thought going through something like that would teach you to be more respectful of others rather than be hateful.

I think a lot of people confuse this saying.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you. Not. Do unto others as they do to you.

Magneto isn't evil, per say. It is arguable that he never really was. He was an extremist activist (and eventually terrorist) that did what he did for mutants. His only desire is that mutant kind is no longer persecuted against and can be left alone to strive.

Magneto ultimately (according to the answers on this thread) just wants peace on the other hand. He's not trying to just take over the world or enslave another culture. Magneto is more like uh, a cornered badger. Leave him alone and he'll leave you alone.

If he has to fight to get it, then so be it. I can fully agree with this if this is the case. And thus Magneto is not a Villain, at least to me and many other people.

Xavier with his pretentious "I'm so good" aura, but willing to do whatever he feels is right at the moment is more a Villain than Magneto.

This is of course based on what I've heard so far.

Magneto was evil until Xavier mindwiped him like he did Scott. Following a defeat, Xavier and Moira McTaggert altered Magnetos personality to be good, and then put him in charge of the Xavier School. When Doug Ramsey died, one of Magnetos students, he had a nervous breakdown which was when he discovered what Xavier and McTaggret had done to him (now, that's messed up).

Things got a little shaky from there, but from that point forward, Magneto was less the villain, as he never fully reverted from what Xavier did to him.

Following M day, Magneto had lost everything, and mutants were doomed to extinction (no thanks to who?). At this point it became less about Mutant domination, and more about survival. Both his and Xavier's dreams were dead and it fell to Cyclops to keep the few remaining mutants alive. This is why Magneto fell in line with Cyclops... the machiavellian man.

On several occasions, Magneto has warned Cyclops that he is sounding like the old him, which is indication that Magneto is fully reformed and has no wish to revert back to his former domination ideology.

I would sign up for Magneto instead of Xavier since Magneto and Emma Frost were better teachers than Xavier when it comes to teaching mutants how to use their powers, but knowing what I know about Genosha I rather not be dead. Now if I didn't know about Genosha I would have joined Emma Frost's school in Genosha, and ended up being killed by Xavier. And yes I do consider what happened to Genosha Xaviers fault and I also think Wolverine also shares some of the responsibility for injuring Magneto when he was defenseless so he could not properly defend his country when he needed to the most (how cruel).

Also have you read God Loves Man kills? If not you have to read it now.

That whole Xorn being Magneto was stupid and forced, I would have liked it better had they just had Astra clone Magneto again. By the way Joseph is still alive running around somewhere if I remember correctly they put him in the X-Brig and at the end of AvX Danger released everyone from the X-Brig so heh...

Anyway everything is justifiable and understandable. The retconned made it that way and was kept that way. And what humans does to mutants? killing them, using them for entertainment, taking MGH from them, treating them like garbage isn't justified, either, and also have no right for treating them like that cause they're people just like them... only differences are that they are gifted and for that simple reason is that human hate them and envy them.

BTW, he's not trying to make World War III anymore... in fact, it never happened.

Magneto has his reason and it's VERY, but VERY understandable. And you cannot denied this no matter what other people think. Magneto was right and he will continued to be because this racist still not ending.

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey. I am so sick and tired of people referring to Magneto as being villain. He is not a villain, he is just a antihero. He has had a lot of screwed up crap to happen to him in his life, see how much of a "good person" you would be if you had your family slaughtered by cowardly pathetic Nazis, who are so sickening that they don't deserve to be sent to Hades. Yeah, you would not be so nice would you? Also, imagine seeing more and more of your kind start to pop up all over the world, but get this, they are all hunted down and exterminated just because they are born different the stupid human race. Yeah, that's right, I called the human race stupid. Because they are stupid, every one of them is stupid.

Magneto deserves to conquer this planet, because of all the crap he goes through. The X men need to be his friends and help him do it, same thing with Professor X, but no, they believe in peace and coexisting with every human on this planet. I say to hell with that noise, yet I believe in peace as well. Yes, there would be peace, as long as the humans knew who was in control, and they didn't try to hurt Magneto and other mutants, there would be peace. If I was a mutant, I would follow Magneto to the very end, I would help him build an empire, and take over this planet. A lot of people, don't know and realize just much good he could actually do if they let him do so, he would basically do the very thing the X-Men have failed to do, and that is bring peace and harmony to the world, by eliminating world hunger, war, famine, disease, and poverty. That's why Professor X and the X-Men oppose him, they know that there is a slight chance they could be wrong, and their methodology could be wrong, and Magneto could be right, that his methods could be right, especially if they could bring peace to the world.

He has offered his hand in friendship countless times to Professor X and the X-Men, as well as to the other heroes only to be shunned time and again. Again he is not the bad guy. I know if I woke up with his powers tomorrow, I would set about trying to correct the threats that this planet faces immediately. I would totally end the problems that the Middle East is facing. The world would thank me and be grateful. The X-Men ought to be glad there there is someone like Magneto that is around to give them straight-talk, and make them realize that not all humans are "cuddly and harmless beings" that want to be their friend. He ought to be their leader instead of Professor X, they may even be a tougher and more close-knit team, capable of dealing with threats head-on, taking the fight to the enemy, and relentlessly hunt them down, instead of always letting the threat come to them, always scrambling always running to find a last-minute solution to defeat the enemy. They would always be victorious and virtually undefeated. All hail the Master of Magnetism. In his own comic he's just as badass as you can't ever describe him. Jealousy is what killing the bastard human.

I am not a villain, I just want everything, and will do whatever it takes to get it. I am not evil people just don't understand me but that will change when I take over the world. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I am evil.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I'll admit that I was actually rooting for Magneto to get rid of all the humans. He does make a good case against the humans.

What makes Magneto so interesting is that you can't really cast him exactly as a bad guy or a good guy. He acts and makes decisions more like a real person does, rather than as an idealized "hero" would. He's a guy trying to achieve honorable ends. Just like Cyclops.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By StarWatcher

I support Cyclops. So basically trying to get along with humans (Prof X's vision for a long time) until you realize some humans are scumbags who will hate mutants no matter what, and then just focus on doing your own stuff, being grateful and respectful to the humans who do support mutants, and not worrying too much about upsetting the rest, while still trying to avoid physical harm if possible. Not that far off from Xavier's vision when you think about it... Just a bit less considerate and utopian. I'm not saying it's the rightest thing to do, but it's the most realistic approach to the mutant situation, imo. "Can't please everyone" kinda deal.

I think Magneto's views at first were too extreme... Understandable, but too extreme. Total hatred of humans, even those few who supported mutants... Not so good. I'm not sure what to think of him now. I love the character but his actual view on things is a bit blurry to me currently (in Uncanny X-men at least, I don't read his solo books where it seems he has been very busy, so that may be why I don't really get him).

Also, seeing scans from God Loves Man Kills always gives me chills.

Words cannot describe how much I love this book.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Starr

@starwatcher: Hi, You're the first person I ever spoke with :)

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I Seriously would love this.

If you support Cyclops, pretty much you're supporting Magneto. The reason is they're both sharing the same ideals. Even though Cyclops doesn't go to extremist, but he has... his defect also. His one fault or shortcoming is his bad temper (don't know if you're familiar with AvX). For everyone Magneto has this blurry in his characterization. But I can gladly clear that out for you (since I'm familiar with his total hatred of human). Even there are a few mutants that support human and this, of course, are the X-Men. The reason for Magneto's hatred with humans is because of what this thread is about.

Everyone knows that Magneto went through the Holocaust. What most people do not understand is how that experience drives him or what the other emotional twists in his psyche are. Magneto's survival instincts are perhaps one of the strongest in the Marvel Universe, not only surviving years in the death camp, but also clawing his way out of at least seven or eight situations on panel which should have killed or permanently imprisoned him. This, of course, after his family was slaughtered. From his experience, Magneto no longer trusts human, to him "Never Again" held not merely deep and lasting meaning.

If you're familiar with "God Love Man Hate" so pretty much you can get a hint from there.

And since you're familiar with Uncanny X-Men... in Uncanny X-Men #196, he opened up to Rachel in order to keep her from killing a murderous anti-mutant bigot. If one can read only one story arc, only a couple issues, to come to understand Magneto as a character, then they must read Uncanny X-Men #274 and 275. This story is told completely from Magneto’s point of view, and his interior monologues are extremely illuminating as to the forces that drive him. For Many people Magneto is an Understandable villain period. To me he's more an Anti-hero period. And since you're not familiar with his solo book, I recommend this to you because it's an extremely good book to read. There you also can understand his angers toward humans and you can see his development as well. You will see how (humans are) ruthless is this book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.