Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which role will Magneto play in his new series?

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

As we all know..........

One of the greatest villains of Marvel Comics, X-Men's Magneto, Takes on in a new ongoing series as the guardian angel for the mutant race...tracking down and eliminating those that threaten the existence of mutant kind. Magneto has straddled the line between hero and villain over and over again since his introduction in the 60's. As a character...Magneto also has a higher profile than many of his enemies in the X-Men.

Since his first appearance 50 years ago in X-Men No. 1, Magneto's been their chief bad guy, the mutant team's leader and ally, and everything in between in his quest to exhort the superiority of the Mutant race over homo sapiens. As we all know, he's been a villain and a hero, but he's never been truly on his own. This new ongoing series would be VERY interesting, and as we know ...he will be surrounding himself with his new incarnation of the Acolytes, a group of mutants who saw Magneto as a messiah for the mutant population.

Yes...that's right...a new form of the Acolytes, his cultish followers. S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Acolytes will both appear regularly. As much as people hate the Acolytes...I will say it again...there will be new Acolytes coming soon in this ongoing series. In those various balancing acts that Magneto been over the years as good and evil, hero and villain, savior and terrorist, we'll finally get to discover who...or what he really is (or was). I truly can't wait to see and read this story. Seriously....how will the first issue play out? Will he be hero, or villain, or somewhere in-between? Honestly...I think Antihero is a good role for him. Well...that's something that we need to find out in March.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm ready to see what will happen. Though I'm notably against solos, this will be a sit in-store read for me.

I was under the impression that Magneto is not thrilled about having new Acolytes. But I've heard quite a few conflicting reports about this. Like Mags was leaving Uncanny, and now apparently the rumor is that he's not.

Really, for me Im a bit afraid of what his portrayal may be.I hope its really true to his character

Actually with the description of the book, I would have preferred if he was going out on his own and creating his own Xforce because that's what it sounds like. I hope its not redundant to the upcoming Xforce book. In thinking about Cullen Bunn, it's hard to get a read on him because he seems to have some good ideas but it seems that stuff happens that doesn't allow him to get to them. Maybe a solo book with a small cast is where he will excel.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

so acolytes are confirmed? So its not really a SOlo title then, its like "the Acolytes" but as good guys? So like another X men team only ran by Mags with a bunch of b list former villains?

i really love that idea actually lol

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

so acolytes are confirmed? So its not really a SOlo title then, its like "the Acolytes" but as good guys? So like another X men team only ran by Mags with a bunch of b list former villains?

i really love that idea actually lol

I'm sure is a solo title...and yes...new Acolytes are going to emerge at some point, but apparently new and "strange" ones.....maybe some of the familiar ones, but that is unclear. The first issues will feature Magneto front and center. There would also be a group of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents who would be on his trail. There would be a big part of what makes Magneto who he is.

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is magnetos X-force I am assuming?

UNCANNY AVENGERS #19

RICK REMENDER (W) • DANIEL ACUñA (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY AGUSTIN ALESSIO

• AVENGE THE EARTH Continues!

• Kang’s Chronos Corps arrives on Planet X with a terrible offer!

• The former members of the Uncanny Avengers must reunite to save the Earth!

• Magneto’s all-new X- Force are out for the blood of a Summers!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By adamTRMM
    @xrs10 said:

UNCANNY AVENGERS #19

This Magneto is out of continuity:

No Caption Provided

Looks good btw, but pretty sure he is "another" AU psycho, so...

Hopefully, "our" buddy Magnus will regain the respect he ridiculously lost and will KA like never before

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:
    @xrs10 said:

UNCANNY AVENGERS #19

This Magneto is out of continuity:

No Caption Provided

Looks good btw, but pretty sure he is "another" AU psycho, so...

Hopefully, "our" buddy Magnus will regain the respect he ridiculously lost and will KA like never before

God he must be 120 in that pic :D

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cutter

@xrs10 said:

UNCANNY AVENGERS #19

What, if anything, does that have to do with Magneto's new solo comic?

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping this is not the way Magneto will become....but I like the artwork though....

No Caption Provided

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter:

With those signs in that picture, you could almost justify his actions. But I hope they do his character right

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

I'm hoping this is not the way Magneto will become....but I like the artwork though....

No Caption Provided

Isn't that supposed to be Joseph?

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't really read much of Marvel... But Magneto is my fav. Marvel character. I will definitely pick up a book or two.

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xrs10

@cutter said:

@xrs10 said:

UNCANNY AVENGERS #19

I am asking if magneto's solo comic is the same as Magneto's X-force. Take the stick out.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@cutter:

With those signs in that picture, you could almost justify his actions. But I hope they do his character right

By March we get to see the Master of Magnetism like never before. The series reflects Magneto acting as a sort of mutant detective. He will be seeking, and investigating threats to mutants....tracking down and eliminating those that threaten the existence of mutantkind. But he's taking steps to protect mutants that can "only" be seen as evil and putting evil to work for good (I'm sure Magneto will be seen as someone with good intentions, but evil methods). The point is...on his quest to defend the mutan race...he will be aggressively taking out each and every threat to mutant kind he can find, then stomp them into dust (if you know what I mean). He will decide who deserves punishment...and that punishment is brutal final. Magneto seem to be ready to get his hands filthy in the service of his people. However, what excite me most is that he's going to need allies because he can't do it on his own....cause some might be too powerful for him...which mean that we might witness the rise of a new band of Acolytes...and there will be some new characters showing up. You might read this and say...wow...that sound too dark compare to what he was in the X-Men. Let just not forget...he might stand by the hero from time to time, but he's terrifying for the average person. Now...is Bunn doing his character right? Well...is for us to decide whether we see him as a hero, antihero, or villain. In my opinion...Magneto is definitely an antihero as I mentioned before. He seem like he's fighting for the right thing, but in a sinful way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

He'll likely play the role of the main character.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

He'll likely play the role of the main character.

Definitely....

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xrs10 said:

@cutter said:

@xrs10 said:

UNCANNY AVENGERS #19

I am asking if magneto's solo comic is the same as Magneto's X-force. Take the stick out.

I wasn't trying to be tacky...just didn't know what you were talking about. And no...is totally completely different. I hope you grab those Magneto's series monthly cause I'm thinking it might be a good story. Yes...the price $3.99 is what make me think...but I wouldn't think it twice.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Moonlighterstone

I'm totally glad to hear that. I presume his best role is Anti-hero cuz he's always been in-between. I was also confused about XRS10, who really wasn't making any sense to begin with. I'm totally into Magneto. I always thought villains were more interesting than heroes. If it is true about the Acolytes, then I can't wait to see this S#^&. Lol. I agree, we need to see Magneto being his true personality, cuz to tell U the truth, he doesn't fit as a hero himself. It's like denying his status.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cutter

I'm totally glad to hear that. I presume his best role is Anti-hero cuz he's always been in-between. I was also confused about XRS10, who really wasn't making any sense to begin with. I'm totally into Magneto. I always thought villains were more interesting than heroes. If it is true about the Acolytes, then I can't wait to see this S#^&. Lol. I agree, we need to see Magneto being his true personality, cuz to tell U the truth, he doesn't fit as a hero himself. It's like denying his status.

XRS10...lol. I believe that's what Cullen Bunn was saying about the Acolytes in his article. It seem so surreal...because we all thought (well specifically me) that they weren't never gonna come back. Since they were kind of useless (which I felt in that same hole believing that too), but I knew there were some potential in them (oh you have no idea how bad I want to see how this go). I do believe Magneto was struggling from time to time...making the right decision if he should be hero or villain. Therefore, I guess he found out that his best role was antihero. I do imagine his best role should be antihero though. I also thought the same thing...that villains seem to be more interesting then heroes...by the way...I'm creating villain characters as well. Maybe I will post some soon.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Main character I suppose

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wonder if it will last unlike x-men legacy with legion in it. Are they re-launching a new x-men:legacy book???

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HAWK2916

@hopesummersforthefuture: I think I read somewhere that the new nightcrawler ongoing was the replacement for Legacy. But im not sure

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

Yeah but the nightcrawler book is only 5 of 5 series

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HAWK2916
    Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cutter

i wonder if it will last unlike x-men legacy with legion in it. Are they re-launching a new x-men:legacy book???

@hawk2916 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: I think I read somewhere that the new nightcrawler ongoing was the replacement for Legacy. But im not sure

I wonder that myself...if it will last unlike X-men Legacy, but as there been a lot of issues cancelled lately it would give me no hope up. But..let hope it last at lease a little longer.

I don't know if you may know by now...about X-Men Legacy #300...a 30 page (don't know if is the end of the season) which runs the month after the end with XML #24.

I found a pic of issue #23...don't know what's happening with Legion, but it look like something about his multi personalities.

No Caption Provided

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@hawk2916 said:

I wonder that myself...if it will last unlike X-men Legacy, but as there been a lot of issues cancelled lately it would give me no hope up. But..let hope it last at lease a little longer.

I don't know if you may know by now...about X-Men Legacy #300...a 30 page (don't know if is the end of the season) which runs the month after the end with XML #24.

I found a pic of issue #23...don't know what's happening with Legion, but it look like something about his multi personalities.

No Caption Provided

Yeah i already saw the preview of x-men legacy 23 on comicbookresources.com. It looked like something in legion was eating or absorbing mutant's souls. Poor legion i hope the x-men dont kill him. oh and Cyclops was there and wolverine. I do not like the art

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like for Legions personalities to escape once and for all and become characters/villains

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I would like for Legions personalities to escape once and for all and become characters/villains

Legion's not going to die, is he?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Not yet. He gonna have a son who joins the future brotherhood first.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85:

:/ my notififcations arent working.......

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eeshaan1685
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@hawk2916 said:

@hawk2916 said:

I agree...the art is not all that. To me is o...k....but we've seeing worst then this.

I hope they don't kill Legion either. I'm sick of characters getting killed off just for the hell of it. I guess we find out in his last issue...that might be the best yet. Legion is getting a haircut like his dad? Nooooooooo...I like him better with his Mohawk. I can't literally be sure if that giant yellow creature is really him. Oh my...this is actually the end.

The Legion character can not be described as a heroes...rather described him as a villain. Although, Legion is doing great good things which can not be interested if done by a group of X-Men. But...he is a sooooo complex character than I can not correctly explain in English language what I am truly thinking about him. It's very complex, like Legion himself. He is a complex character due to his complex mind with multi personalities..of villains society. With all these combination inside villains can be a disaster. Not bad for him to become a character/Villain...instead of his crazy personalities...which you can't get a clue of what he really is.

Legion? A son in his future? Xavier grandson? So far I haven't heard of that. Meh...that would be even interesting and probably the kid will be a big time super powerful combine to all global telephaty.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

That actually could be an X-event on itself "We are Legion" or something like this, with Legion getting his personality, identity and sanity "back" in the end, seemingly depowered, but actually in a safeguard dormant control of all of his powers. lol that would be too simple

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@hawk2916 said:

@hawk2916 said:

@avenger85 said:

@hawk2916 said:

I agree...the art is not all that. To me is o...k....but we've seeing worst then this.

I hope they don't kill Legion either. I'm sick of characters getting killed off just for the hell of it. I guess we find out in his last issue...that might be the best yet. Legion is getting a haircut like his dad? Nooooooooo...I like him better with his Mohawk. I can't literally be sure if that giant yellow creature is really him. Oh my...this is actually the end.

The Legion character can not be described as a heroes...rather described him as a villain. Although, Legion is doing great good things which can not be interested if done by a group of X-Men. But...he is a sooooo complex character than I can not correctly explain in English language what I am truly thinking about him. It's very complex, like Legion himself. He is a complex character due to his complex mind with multi personalities..of villains society. With all these combination inside villains can be a disaster. Not bad for him to become a character/Villain...instead of his crazy personalities...which you can't get a clue of what he really is.

Legion? A son in his future? Xavier grandson? So far I haven't heard of that. Meh...that would be even interesting and probably the kid will be a big time super powerful combine to all global telephaty.

Um Xavier's grandson was in BotA and he's still in the present with logan's/mystique's son and a grown up Molly Hayes.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@hawk2916 said:

@hawk2916 said:

@avenger85 said:

@hawk2916 said:

Legion's Son was the leader of the Brotherhood of the Future that attacked in BOTA.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@hawk2916 said:

@hawk2916 said:

@avenger85 said:

@hawk2916 said:

Legion's Son was the leader of the Brotherhood of the Future that attacked in BOTA.

I seem to have some complication with the site...something went wrong on my end. My page went blank...so couldn't reply right away.

yes...I know...but for some reason I thought you mean another grand kid in the future. Sry I misunderstood you. But it would be nice to see another one though...lol. We need to see this family grow...like Magneto's family...lol.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@moonlighterstone said:

XRS10...lol. I believe that's what Cullen Bunn was saying about the Acolytes in his article. It seem so surreal...because we all thought (well specifically me) that they weren't never gonna come back. Since they were kind of useless (which I felt in that same hole believing that too), but I knew there were some potential in them (oh you have no idea how bad I want to see how this go). I do believe Magneto was struggling from time to time...making the right decision if he should be hero or villain. Therefore, I guess he found out that his best role was antihero. I do imagine his best role should be antihero though. I also thought the same thing...that villains seem to be more interesting then heroes...by the way...I'm creating villain characters as well. Maybe I will post some soon.

Well that's great. I hope to see you one day working for comic industry. Can't wait to see your characters.

And for Legion. I'm glad is ending. Legacy is actually one of the x tittles I'm not reading. I've just never been a big Legion fan, and the idea of him having a whole book to himself wasn't that appealing. Not bothering with Uncanny X-Force, either. Again, I just don't really care what spiral and puck are up to. Might have to check out Legacy, from what I'm hearing, though. After Legacy Vol.1 #275, I completely stop following.

And yes, Marvel's Irrational fear of high issue counts drive me nuts. There is no need to start the count over again just because the book changes direction. And if you're someone who is playing catcu-up, it makes it kind of hard to know what to read in what order.

I agree, Legion is a cuckoo.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@moonlighterstone said:

Well that's great. I hope to see you one day working for comic industry. Can't wait to see your characters.

And for Legion. I'm glad is ending. Legacy is actually one of the x tittles I'm not reading. I've just never been a big Legion fan, and the idea of him having a whole book to himself wasn't that appealing. Not bothering with Uncanny X-Force, either. Again, I just don't really care what spiral and puck are up to. Might have to check out Legacy, from what I'm hearing, though. After Legacy Vol.1 #275, I completely stop following.

And yes, Marvel's Irrational fear of high issue counts drive me nuts. There is no need to start the count over again just because the book changes direction. And if you're someone who is playing catcu-up, it makes it kind of hard to know what to read in what order.

I agree, Legion is a cuckoo.

Awww...really? I thought he wasn't so bad...

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I definitely thought he was. I'm not a fan, sorry.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Poze11

Legion cuckoo lol. Well, according to your post. To answer your question, I prefer him as an anti-hero. He hasn't worked as a villain for me well over a decade. I think he outgrown that role. I think he's a much better and more dimensional as a anti-hero. My favorite Magneto was when he was headmaster to the Acolytes. I really can't wait to see this new incarnation of the new Acolytes. Oh I hope to see some of the old ones back. I think it would be awesome. Seriously.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will say anti hero. This might be some kind of excitement knowing about the new Magneto solo comic. Reading your description, about Magneto hunting villains as a detective, collecting those he think are worth, and most of all coming up with new Acolytes?? Wow this sound good I'm glad I found this site. Btw, you mentioned a lot about your characters, I really would like to see your creation as well. I bet they look awesome. I can tell.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poze11 said:

Legion cuckoo lol. Well, according to your post. To answer your question, I prefer him as an anti-hero. He hasn't worked as a villain for me well over a decade. I think he outgrown that role. I think he's a much better and more dimensional as a anti-hero. My favorite Magneto was when he was headmaster to the Acolytes. I really can't wait to see this new incarnation of the new Acolytes. Oh I hope to see some of the old ones back. I think it would be awesome. Seriously.

I will say anti hero. This might be some kind of excitement knowing about the new Magneto solo comic. Reading your description, about Magneto hunting villains as a detective, collecting those he think are worth, and most of all coming up with new Acolytes?? Wow this sound good I'm glad I found this site. Btw, you mentioned a lot about your characters, I really would like to see your creation as well. I bet they look awesome. I can tell.

Moon...I completely respect your opinion.

Poze...we both seem to agree quite well.

And BlackBlade....for some reason that name remind me of a novel of a character whose name was Elric, an albino guy, who carried a black blade sword. Well yeah...According to the article, is what this series is going to be about. I'm glad you are also a fan.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes we do. Ha.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool thread for Max. I am glad he will be making his own path but I am hoping that it is not a FULL return to "Magneto the villain". I'd like to see an influence from Xavier's death and his time among the X-Men and surviving extinction to be reflected in how he leads this new incarnation of the Acolytes and what his focus will before his role in the destiny of the mutant race.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By adamTRMM

He must face his demons in the beginning, his character was a mess. Under HIS watch Genosha was wiped out, HIS twins are responsible for M-day, he was NOT the one to unite mutants afterwards. I also want Xorn(s?), Exodus and Joseph to troll him so he'll see what his precious name and legacy have become.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

After reading x-men legacy at the CB store, it does look like hes going to die and Blindfold is going to be a mother(because of their energies "made love"). I always thought legion was too powerful to live and he would eventaully snap and get killed off. Then he could be with his father and he would still have a child with blindfold. Although legion came back from the dead before so when marvel needs him again, they were just bring him back from the dead, lol.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of Legion? I think Marvel gave Legion a book because they felt sorry that his dad died recently. Also the only good thnig in the book was Legion vs Cyclops and even that wasnt written good :/

siab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like magneto as an anti-hero,i think that is his best role.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Yes. The one you''re saying is the one from Elric of Melnibone is the lead character in the Elric saga series of books. There was also an Elric comic published by Boom Studios. They just brought him back 2 years ago for a new comic series. His black sword's name is Stormbringer. Do you also like the series from Elric? I'm a fan, just like I'm a fan with magneto and his followers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.