Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Whats your prediction for the x books under hickmans control ?

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

anyone ?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Awesomeness

JCG79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charts.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

Weird shit with plants

Hickman trying to establish his future timeline as the new actual continuity

A gigantic roster

Nightcrawler with a big sword

Mawr Plants!!!

Professor X being interesting

A continuation of the stuff he wrote in Avengers

Good usage of Mr Sinister

Some new villains and new characters that aren't derivative

Gardners of Mars make an appearance with their plants.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

1st time in a long time I'm actually looking forward to something in the X-books. I hope it delivers but I think it will be better than what we've been getting. A new continuity needs to be established, it's been past time to erase Morrison

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything you thought you knew about the past is wrong!

Everything you thought you knew about the future is also wrong!

New characters replacing old characters!

Long drawn out storylines that examine what is really means to be a mutant!

And Stryfe finally gets some feats!!!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PyroFN  Online

@ashetdust: @koays: “And Stryfe finally gets some feats!!!”

ROFL!!!!!

Best joke on the internet.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: @hawk2916: @pyrofn:

@koays said:

Awesomeness

hahahah ha ha after reading hickman take on x-men monday......i feel doubtful now

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/05/20/x-men-monday-featuring-jonathan-hickman-13-underrated-x-stories-mutant-fashion-and-cool-cyclops/

he seems to be a emma fan, so long for my hope of jott

he wants to make cyclops cool again(possibly at the expense of logan)

AiPT!: Well, speaking of all those characters, Julian Keller (@alittlebittorn) asked if HOX and POX will feature core X-Men teams.

Jonathan: HOX and POX aren’t really structured that way in that they’re not really stories about teams or missions. Saying that, they have teams and missions, but it’s not the point.

Going forward, however, I think the idea of ‘teams’ and ‘schools’ and other ‘ways to get things done’ aren’t necessarily the kind of things that we want to hold too tight to. I don’t want to give the game away, so I’m not going to say anymore, but we won’t be doing ‘gold’ and ‘blue’ teams in the traditional manner.

AiPT!: What’s your favorite X-Romance of all time?

Jonathan: Brian Michael Bendis and Stuart Immonen.

AiPT!: Which X-Character is the most fun to write dialogue for?

Jonathan: Tough call. Sinister is fun, obviously. Emma’s fun. Xavier and Magneto come pretty naturally. I like writing Zorn more than Xorn.

AiPT!: What’s your favorite X-Event of all time?

Jonathan: “Inferno” has the best name. I want to say “The Phalanx Covenant” to be less obvious, but the answer is “Age of Apocalypse.”

I actually just talked with Marvel about that for their documentary short series on the X-Men.

AiPT!: Let’s end with a very innocuous question that shouldn’t offend a single X-Fan. Who’s cooler? Wolverine or Cyclops?

Jonathan: As written by me? Cyclops. In reality? E-M-M-A.

Image Credit: Marvel Comics

AiPT!: Man, last week’s X-Men Monday was all about Emma Frost–who knew we’d end this week’s edition with even more Emma talk? Anyway, thank you for taking the time to chat, Jonathan! And a BIG thank you to all the X-Fans who submitted questions. You deserve a reward… in the form of this eXclusive panel from the epic Jonathan is weaving.

Image Credit: Marvel Comics

Next Monday, Jordan will be back to answer the questions we’ll ask for on AiPT!’s Twitter tomorrow morning (May 21). But before then, Jordan will appear on the next episode of the AiPT! Comics Podcast this Sunday, May 26!

That’s right… X-Men Sunday and X-Men Monday. What can we say, we here at AiPT! love to spoil you, X-Fans.

r

BITTER ROOT VOL. 1IS IT GOOD?A potent narrative about the eternal battle against racism, the monstrous nature of it and the heartbreaking impact it has, all through the lens of dark fantasy.The back-matter is genuinely some of the best you can ask for and get in a comic. Touching, inspiring, informative and passionate, it's beautifulThe Sangerye family make for great protagonists and their tight knit bond and general dynamics are genuinely compellingA prescient and powerful story, which uses the setting of the past to say something really resonant and necessaryThe juxtaposition of Ma Etta and the core Sangerye family belief and Doctor Sylvester is really great10FANTASTICBUY NOWCOMIXOLOGY/AMAZONIn this article:Bitter Root, ImageUp Next:

X-Men Monday (featuring Jonathan Hickman) #13 – Underrated X-Stories, mutant fashion and cool Cyclops

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PyroFN  Online
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: What? You thought he was joking when he put Emma as number two in his top 5?

he liked inferno(where jean almost died), he likes Phalanx covenant(where emma started as a x-men), he liked AoA(now were stuck with AoXM),

he will make another segment next x-men monday

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will say that in re-reading everything, probably the most criminally underrated X-Men writer is Mike Carey. I mean, it’s obvious that Mike is brilliant, but there are a lot of things buried in his books that are tier-one ideas that writers following him must have just blown right past.

Image result for your goddamn right gif
    Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expect boredom, pretentiousness and polar bears in Antarctica.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expect top quality, this is his return to Marvel and he has the best characters they have. Going to be great for sure. Like that he focuses on Cyclops who was right. Also, Cyclops is right and will be right.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I just hope Psylocke doesn't fall by the wayside. Haven't seen her in any of the promo art :/

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: Oh, I wished Logan fell by the wayside. Then, I would have to pay no attention to this at all.

KangMiRae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: What? You thought he was joking when he put Emma as number two in his top 5?

he liked inferno(where jean almost died), he likes Phalanx covenant(where emma started as a x-men), he liked AoA(now were stuck with AoXM),

So you think he's gonna keep Jean with Bishop? The writers of AoX made it seem like it was permanent, but then Jordan said the plotline was originally Storm and Bishop, and they changed it last minute just 'cause they thought Jean didn't have enough relationships under her belt.

He is a fan of Emma, which I like, too, lol. Although Jean and Scott are on all the covers together, and not to mention, he wrote his entire script almost a year in advance from AoX, so how much influence could that event really have had on his choice in relationships?

KangMiRae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope Psylocke doesn't fall by the wayside. Haven't seen her in any of the promo art :/

Jordan White said within July and August, Psylocke will appear in House or Powers of X.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expect top quality, this is his return to Marvel and he has the best characters they have. Going to be great for sure. Like that he focuses on Cyclops who was right. Also, Cyclops is right and will be right.

No Caption Provided

but then cyclops admitted he was wrong ...........long live right-clops ............we get classic/preachy/boy-scout cyclops back yay .......

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:
    @pyrofn said:

So you think he's gonna keep Jean with Bishop? The writers of AoX made it seem like it was permanent, but then Jordan said the plotline was originally Storm and Bishop, and they changed it last minute just 'cause they thought Jean didn't have enough relationships under her belt.

He is a fan of Emma, which I like, too, lol. Although Jean and Scott are on all the covers together, and not to mention, he wrote his entire script almost a year in advance from AoX, so how much influence could that event really have had on his choice in relationships?

i like jott(jean and scott) .........emma should go in another direction

KangMiRae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I like both, but I think I'm ready for Scott to be with Jean since her return. They're a status quo couple, like MJ and Spidey or Reed & Sue. You can't keep them apart forever.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I like both, but I think I'm ready for Scott to be with Jean since her return. They're a status quo couple, like MJ and Spidey or Reed & Sue. You can't keep them apart forever.

he'll have to do a lot of graveling for jean's forgiveness..........i want jean to humiliate scott first LOL

@pyrofn <<<<< i think prefers scemma over jott but wont admit it

@ursaber <<<<<< likes jott and mj/spidey too

@koays <<<< likes scott.......i think he likes both jott and scemma ???

KangMiRae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I like tons of ships, and I'm not against anyone who doesn't like Jott. Personally I was ready for Jean and Logan for a while, but then Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows gave me them and it was sweet and endearing so I had my fill :p

So I'm back to Jott again. Unfortunately it looks like I have Jean and Bishop, who I don't even care about as a character, lol. What do I do with that ship?! Haha.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By ursaber

@kangmirae said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: I like tons of ships, and I'm not against anyone who doesn't like Jott. Personally I was ready for Jean and Logan for a while, but then Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows gave me them and it was sweet and endearing so I had my fill :p

So I'm back to Jott again. Unfortunately it looks like I have Jean and Bishop, who I don't even care about as a character, lol. What do I do with that ship?! Haha.

Great tastes in ships lol.

Peter and MJ are my number one in just about any superhero universe. And thankfully, they're back together in current Amazing Spider-Man as well.

Jean and Bishop is just an alternate reality fling right now with Age of X-Man. Sure nothing will come of it.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: come on hope, no need to tick off koays and pyrofn with Jott. I think you've beaten it into their heads. Tag me when you want in regards to this since we are of the same mind, but there's no need to rouse the others.

KangMiRae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @kangmirae said:

Peter and MJ are my number one in just about any superhero universe. And thankfully, they're back together in current Amazing Spider-Man as well.

Jean and Bishop is just an alternate reality fling right now with Age of X-Man. Sure nothing will come of it.

I love Peter and MJ, too. Took us so long to get them back together, but we got them. Status Quo couples don't fade away, ever. Same goes with Jean and Scott. Even if AoX sticks into HoX and PoX, it won't be forever. Jott is a Status Quo Couple!

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Did we just get another shipper in this forum?

Did that just happen?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:

Did we just get another shipper in this forum?

Did that just happen?

I guess so

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @kangmirae said:

I love Peter and MJ, too. Took us so long to get them back together, but we got them. Status Quo couples don't fade away, ever. Same goes with Jean and Scott. Even if AoX sticks into HoX and PoX, it won't be forever. Jott is a Status Quo Couple!

Now if only they could get rid of the OMD in Spider-Man, it would all be perfect.

Sadly, I have a feeling in regards to Jean and Scott that their reunion will be bittersweet. On one chance they will be glad to see each other alive and well, but they will likely not get back together and that's how it should be. If they get paired up again it kinda needs to be a slow burn of sorts. Ease in to things.

KangMiRae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @kangmirae said:
    @ursaber said:
    @kangmirae said:

Now if only they could get rid of the OMD in Spider-Man, it would all be perfect.

Sadly, I have a feeling in regards to Jean and Scott that their reunion will be bittersweet. On one chance they will be glad to see each other alive and well, but they will likely not get back together and that's how it should be. If they get paired up again it kinda needs to be a slow burn of sorts. Ease in to things.

I hope Nick Spencer is gearing up to that with the whole Centipede guy who seems really invested in Peter's life.

There might be something in the Omega of AoX, but they're won't be anything solid. Apparently they're not supposed to write anything that is concrete, but rather supposed to leave things up in the air. That's all the guidelines they were given. Hickman said in an interview:

"and outside of a few extremely minor things, no one was given story beats to hit, or departure points, and I personally didn't give anyone notes"

So I guess he'll have to gloss over Jott or Scemma in HoX and PoX, and then when the mainline books start, he'll build into them if he wants. Now, as to what the few extremely minor things they were told, I wonder. Changing a character's relationship status can't be regarded as "extremely minor" now can it?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Nick Spencer is gearing up to that with the whole Centipede guy who seems really invested in Peter's life.

There might be something in the Omega of AoX, but they're won't be anything solid. Apparently they're not supposed to write anything that is concrete, but rather supposed to leave things up in the air. That's all the guidelines they were given. Hickman said in an interview:

"and outside of a few extremely minor things, no one was given story beats to hit, or departure points, and I personally didn't give anyone notes"

So I guess he'll have to gloss over Jott or Scemma in HoX and PoX, and then when the mainline books start, he'll build into them if he wants. Now, as to what the few extremely minor things they were told, I wonder. Changing a character's relationship status can't be regarded as "extremely minor" now can it?

Likewise on the centipede guy.

As for the rest, we'll have to wait and see.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: someone dies for shock value(he already hinted on twitter told roseneberg to save some mutants for me to kill) followed by small deaths like wolfsbane, blindfold, loa, chamber, etc)

the big death im guess is magneto or emma frost or storm or kitty or havok (they didnt die yet, we know jean, logan, scott are safe cause they just come back from the dead)

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: someone dies for shock value(he already hinted on twitter told roseneberg to save some mutants for me to kill) followed by small deaths like wolfsbane, blindfold, loa, chamber, etc)

the big death im guess is magneto or emma frost or storm or kitty or havok (they didnt die yet, we know jean, logan, scott are safe cause they just come back from the dead)

Looking forward to it and Hickman's story telling.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pair it with a good artist, it should really sell

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've heard some stirrings about them potentially rewriting the origin of mutants to be something other than natural genetic mutation, in order to better fit with the MCU. I REALLY hope that this isn't the case, because then it'll end up like the Ultimate Universe and that whole thing just crumpled.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.