Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Whatever happened to Hope Summers?

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Maddpanda531

After having such a prominent place in AvX, it seems like Hope dropped off the grid. She was pretty important for a while, then she was relegated to a supporting role in Cable and X-Force. I've noticed that she hasn't been mentioned in a solicits or appeared on any covers recently. So, I was wondering, what happened to Hope Summers?

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's out of the spotlight, but the character isn't being ignored. She's likley going to have her story told between the pages of Cable and X-force until some major event brings her back out into the open.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer51: Wasn't Cable and X-Force cancelled?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

Hope is currently in X-Force but is in a random unexplained coma.

Aka this is Marvel telling us nicely she is in limbo.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis said something about her meeting Cyclops in that Last Will issue. But after BOTA and Trial its better to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis said something about her meeting Cyclops in that Last Will issue. But after BOTA and Trial its better to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Hope is currently in X-Force but is in a random unexplained coma.

Aka this is Marvel telling us nicely she is in limbo.

Hope will wake up when she has to battle jean grey in the future, lol.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By HAWK2916

What a waste. makes me wonder what the real plan was for her when Carey created her. Something got changed in editorial or something along the way because it makes no sense. At least I hope something happened because if this was the big plan then it speaks to a far more stunning level of ineptitude in the Marvel offices

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean came back

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hope is under jean's shoes

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Hope summer was dead? or I'm confusing it with Jean? Oh boy.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightblaze: Nope Hope is/was running around with Cable & the X-force. Jean from when she first joined the X-men was brought to the present.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@hawk2916: @avenger85: @darthphoenix: @lightblaze: @tohoma: @oldnightcrawler

Its funny how cable was in a coma and hope had all the action, where now hope is in a coma and cable gets all the action. I think cable is more popular then hope. Although marvel tried to make hope everything to the x-men

how did I get thrown under this bus?

Cable hasn't interested me since the 90's and Hope hasn't interested me since she stopped being Cable's kid sidekick. They both represent everything I don't like about X-men comics, and if I never heard anything about either of them ever again I wouldn't care in the slightest.

oh, and while I'm at it, X-Man? you'll never be as cool as Rachel Grey; just disappear forever with the rest of your stupid universe, alright?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: okay, I've calmed down, sorry everybody

Yeah i agree x-man is annoying.....plus they already have cable they dont need x-man. X-man was dying in the 90's then he died then his back and lost his powers. guy cant catch a break

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

Yeah i agree x-man is annoying.....plus they already have cable they dont need x-man. X-man was dying in the 90's then he died then his back and lost his powers. guy cant catch a break

oh, what's he done to deserve one?

sorry, I just.. I'm not even a big Cable fan, but at least he's somewhat distinct; X-man isn't even worth the time it takes to explain who he is

alright, okay, sorry..

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

oh, what's he done to deserve one?

sorry, I just.. I'm not even a big Cable fan, but at least he's somewhat distinct; X-man isn't even worth the time it takes to explain who he is

alright, okay, sorry..

Not a problem. :)

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

have rachel and x-man met? cable should get rachel on his team. i like them working together.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree about X-Man. In fact Rachel, Cable and Bishop is enough for me when it comes to alternate realities and time-travelers. I dont think we need anymore.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I agree about X-Man. In fact Rachel, Cable and Bishop is enough for me when it comes to alternate realities and time-travelers. I dont think we need anymore.

more than enough for me.

unless we're talking villains. I'll take a solid villain like Dark Beast or Trevor Fitzroy from anywhere.

or a Black Tom and Juggernaut from another reality, just to get them back..

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what i dont get is, why does rachel want to stay in the present when she and the excalibur already fixed the days of the future past timeline? they were able to program the sentinels not to harm mutants.

though i think the only mutants left in that timeline are the hounds and a handful on prison camps.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Who?

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By HexThis
    @rustyroy said:

Jean came back

Very true. I mean, when you think about it, a lot of Hope's allure was related to allusions to Jean. The name "Messiah Complex" had a lot of people thinking the arc would somehow involve Jean seeing as how she's been a martyr for the X-men a couple times over and, as we all know, messiahs have this quirky habit of returning after death. It didn't help they gave Hope red hair, green eyes, and depicted her playing with a locket containing a picture of Jean in it. Then her series with Cable was little tk teases before we learned the nature of her power, the Phoenix symbol was seen in her pupil while looking into a fire, and etc. Then Second Coming comes along as well as AvX and I remember thinking "Okay, Marvel wants Jean to come back with a bit more grit, COOL! And she's young again? NEAT!". Obviously, that totally didn't happen. Then they brought a young, tentative Jean Grey back under a really flimsy premise....so....we have one young Jeanalike and a young Jean....then there's Rachel who kind of innovated the young Jeanalike thing to begin with....oh and Madelyne Pryor too.

It's weird, so many times editors at Marvel talked s--t about Jean coming back in the cocoon after the Phoenix Saga but the crap they've come up with to compensate for her absence is 10 times more convoluted. I wonder if they're so embarrassed they killed her to begin with they just don't want to admit it was a mistake like it's somehow "cooler" or "darker" if she stays dead. I think her character is more cheapened dead than alive....

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@darthphoenix said:

what i dont get is, why does rachel want to stay in the present when she and the excalibur already fixed the days of the future past timeline? they were able to program the sentinels not to harm mutants.

though i think the only mutants left in that timeline are the hounds and a handful on prison camps.

so she could live in a world she already fixed where all of her friends are dead, or in this one where all of her friends are young and alive and might still need saving?

seems kind of obvious to me :P

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her portrayal during AVX was so disgusting I thought she's the hidden villain (she is the reason for the conflict - so, it made sense) whole the time. For some reason, I still haven't gave up on hoping she still has potential to be something more than a plot device. Maybe that's where the solution is concealed? A story where she'll prove her likable/interesting personality over a plot filler?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We lost all Hope.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Yeah. im ok with villains since it would be particularly villainous to conquer and wreak havoc in your timeline or dimension and then look to do the same in others. Even with the dark beast thing though, i would honestly prefer it if that is what hank became or becomes after all his his experimentation and all. For him to just evolve into Dark Beast with his intricate knowledge of the Xmen and his love for science. I'd love to see him become so distraught over current circumstances that he devotes his life and resources to correcting what he feels is wrong by means of science and experimentation. I can imagine his unrequited love for Jean grey and all the losses of comrades over the years pushing him to abuse the laws of physics and try to resurrect or reboot everything. Maybe its just me but that could be an interesting character development and he would definitely be a dangerous villain.

It would certainly make me more interested in him than ive ever been. I mean from the beginning I always thought Beast and Angel were the lamest of the original five. Personally i loved the Angel transformation into Archangel and actually want Archangel back as to me that was the most interesting thing to happen to Warren ever. I thinks its Beasts turn now to get some interesting character development since everyone else has, although perhaps an argument can be made for Bobby since his actions in Astonishing have largely been ignored, but were basically the best issues of the series imo.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: Yeah. im ok with villains since it would be particularly villainous to conquer and wreak havoc in your timeline or dimension and then look to do the same in others. Even with the dark beast thing though, i would honestly prefer it if that is what hank became or becomes after all his his experimentation and all. For him to just evolve into Dark Beast with his intricate knowledge of the Xmen and his love for science. I'd love to see him become so distraught over current circumstances that he devotes his life and resources to correcting what he feels is wrong by means of science and experimentation. I can imagine his unrequited love for Jean grey and all the losses of comrades over the years pushing him to abuse the laws of physics and try to resurrect or reboot everything. Maybe its just me but that could be an interesting character development and he would definitely be a dangerous villain.

He would be, yeah. I think the Dark Beast could have been a much better villain if his time spent infiltrating the X-men when he first arrived had been longer and more substantial. If he had more inside information on them, or had used it to greater effect.

It would certainly make me more interested in him than ive ever been. I mean from the beginning I always thought Beast and Angel were the lamest of the original five. Personally i loved the Angel transformation into Archangel and actually want Archangel back as to me that was the most interesting thing to happen to Warren ever. I thinks its Beasts turn now to get some interesting character development since everyone else has, although perhaps an argument can be made for Bobby since his actions in Astonishing have largely been ignored, but were basically the best issues of the series imo.

See, that's why I wouldn't like it, myself. Beast's still my favorite of the original team, or at least tied with Cyclops (totally agree about Angel, though), and I'm already not a fan of how selfish and reckless he's become, because I still remember him as one of the most noble of all the X-men and hold out hope that he could redeem himself. Plus there's already an evil version that's much more evil than I could realistically ever see our Beast becoming.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Yeah i get that. I too have wanted Beast to be the stable rock but his actions and recent portrayals have almost made him unlikeable, at least for me. While Im ok with the whole Dark Beast thing, I must say I havent been much a fan of having a Beast and Dark Beast. Really I've gotten to the point where I almost hate all alternate reality characters. I mean I cant even stand Longshot and Shattershot now. The exception is Rachel Grey. Hell maybe we could get an X-book just set in the future featuring people like Cable and Bishop and all the rest and the main villain could be Dark Beast. lol.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@hawk2916: @avenger85: @darthphoenix: @lightblaze: @tohoma: @oldnightcrawler

Its funny how cable was in a coma and hope had all the action, where now hope is in a coma and cable gets all the action. I think cable is more popular then hope. Although marvel tried to make hope everything to the x-men

how did I get thrown under this bus?

Cable hasn't interested me since the 90's and Hope hasn't interested me since she stopped being Cable's kid sidekick. They both represent everything I don't like about X-men comics, and if I never heard anything about either of them ever again I wouldn't care in the slightest.

oh, and while I'm at it, X-Man? you'll never be as cool as Rachel Grey; just disappear forever with the rest of your stupid universe, alright?

I have to say i like cable, but that last comment i totally utterly agree with

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Hope should return and be the one to save homo superior from the Inhumans' Terrigen Mist crisis

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Yassassin

She served her purpose as a plot device.

polysummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see this

Yeah, Hope should return and be the one to save homo superior from the Inhumans' Terrigen Mist crisis

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperion_x: @yassassin: @polysummers: Is she dead in the new next gen age of Xman glob says she is dead when did this happen the last time I saw her was with cable n she got his eye scar

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0: No, she is back in the 616. X-Man created a fake history where Scott, Logan, Hope, Xavier, and possibly others I’m forgetting have died.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@bigbadwolfx0: No, she is back in the 616. X-Man created a fake history where Scott, Logan, Hope, Xavier, and possibly others I’m forgetting have died.

hope will be in uncanny.......she was on the last page protesting on tv :)) XD XD

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Koays  Online

What happened to Hope?

She became the mutant Messiah after spending half an event betraying the group that wanted her to become the mutant Messiah.

Then she was in Cables X-Force being awesome for a while.

Then she made out with and nearly killed Fantomex.

Then she team up Cable to stop a bad guy who'd been stalking him his whole life.

She taught some classes at the school, reminded Bishop hes a prick, met O5 and normal Jean Grey.

And then her dad shot himself and she joined the mutant liberation front.

Shes been busy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.