Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What is your favorite xtitle issue of all time?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, we have no idea how secret wars would affect the x-men. There's an impending danger/possibility that there wont be mutants after secret wars. Its now time to do a throwback and reminisce our all time favorite x-title issue. You can post the cover and say why it is your favorite issue =)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No Caption Provided

Alright, incoming Storm fan!
    The cover is pretty 'meh'. But the story is 10/10. The art is amazing and is the best depiction of Storm I have ever seen. If you enjoyed X-men's LifeDeath storyarc, this is a MUST. Storm was broken and lost then, but here she is established how far she has come as character without her powers and why she is one of Marvel's masterpieces. Plus, anything is Storm &Forge related is always sooo underrated. (They slightly reminds me another beautiful mixed couple *cough* Saga *cough*.)

I can't stress how amazing this story is-- PLUS it also leads into another Uncanny X-men event: Fall of Mutants. It's not an issue to jump into. I recommended first reading:

First. X-men: From the Ashes - Where Storm first get a mohawk.
    Second. X-men: LifeDeath
    Third: X-men: LifeDeath II
    Then read this issue.

The story will wrap together beautifully.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

New Mutants 45 all the way. Not only is this a gut wrenching story beautifully done up by Claremont, but you also get an amazing X-Cover from BWS.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Rachel's greatest battle. Her battle with Necrom.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darthphoenix
    No Caption Provided

I also love this issue. one of my faves

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So many issues it's hard to choose. Kitty Pryde is an absolute favorite of mine and I'll always remember an awesome moment she had in issue 12 of the Astonishing X-Men series.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sorry, but I can't pick just one. These are a few among many.

Uncanny X-Men #128

Uncanny X-Men #150

Uncanny X-Men #200

Uncanny X-Men #211

Uncanny X-Men #303

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uncanny 303 was heartbreaking! i loved the pencils in that issue

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss the New Mutants and Exiles series. :(

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: checkout new mutants 45 if kitty is your favorite character. That's the issue that made her my favorite character when I was a kid

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

My favorite were always New Mutants and Uncanny X-Men. And my least favorite are Spider-Man/Wolverine and The X-Men and some of X-Force.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm amazed so many of you can pick just one....I couldn't even get it down to 10.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: @darthphoenix: X-men 303 and Rachel vs Necron look good! brief synopsis for both please. I kind of breeze past most of the Jim Lee Era.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excalibur 50: For some time Rachel has been suppressing the Phoenix force inside her for her memories to heal. Then came Necrom, a sorcerer supreme who had a portion of the phoenix force. He started to warp reality in an attempt to make himself the most powerful supreme being. But his powers were not enough and had to get Rachel's portion of the Phoenix force. Rachel and the excalibur were protected by Rachel's time and reality immunity powers. In this issue they discovered that unknowingly, Rachel generates a fourth dimensional pulse that protected the team from the reality warp made by Necrom.

The team didn't want Rachel to use the Phoenix force and fight necrom because Necrom can mimic her powers and would be more powerful and skillful than her. Rachel decided to fight Necrom when she necrom started attacking her team mates. The Phoenix force made a stargate and brought the fight away from earth. Rachel and necrom fought in a galaxy and threw planets and moons at each other. The fight even resulted to a creation of a star/sun. Rachel exhausted her options and opted to attack necrom engaging him physically. Necrom started absorbing the phoenix force out of Rachel. Rachel commanded the Phoenix force to give Necrom access to its infinite power. Necrom wasn't able to handle the power and overloaded. He exploded. Rachel almost died in the battle. The phoenix force brought Rachel back to earth and told the excalibur what happened. The phoenix force said that Rachel needs to heal and that she will be taking her away for awhile.

X-men 303

No Caption Provided

Kitty returns to the mansion to take care of the dieing illyana. Jubilee wonders why kitty and a 7 year old kid would be so close. Jean sensed the sadness in jubes and explained to her the kitty and magik friendship. Magik goes into seizure and everyone panics. Moira injected something to illyana suppressing the techno organic virus but throwing her into a coma. Kitty and jubes cry and jean consoles jubes.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Like idk man. I have read so many issues. Like a lot. But that one made me rethink my life. Another great one was Yosts New X-Men when the bus blew up....

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like new x-men run with hellions vs new mutants ......but sadly i wasnt getting x-men comics at that time and there all gone.....you ca only buy it in graphic novels which i hate .......give sofia back her powers plz

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: Yea see I can't even stop there. I liked that issue where they had the funeral in New X-Men and when they beat Nimrod. I loved the issue where Colossus sacrificed himself to cure the legacy Virus. And then there's the issue of 2009 New Mutants where they escaped the Inferno babies prison. And then other things like the Fear Itself Issue with like 500 ways to stop the Juggernaut. Plus like half a dozen X-Factor issues.

I couldn't do it to myself to try to narrow it down, because i'd think I was done and realize i hadn't considered anything from 80's X-Factor...its too much i bow out.

blinkingblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generation X

1-25

No Caption Provided

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine is XM vol2 because I just like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

New X Men 127.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny X-Men 303 (Death of Illyana)

X-Men 30 (Scott & Jean get married)

X-Men 112 & 113 (one of their greatest battles against Magneto)

New Mutants (Demon Bear Saga)

Generation Next Miniseries

Uncanny X-Men 260 (personal favorite - Dazzler emerges from the Siege Perilous and fights an assassination attempt)

X-Men Annual 9

X-Men Mutant Massacre (I basically consider this their greatest set of battles, when they were reeling so badly they had to abandon the mansion and go underground)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The very first comic I ever collected was New X-Men #26, I have every issue of New X-Men from Academy X up to Messiah Complex, except the Hellions mini. It was my gateway into the world of comics and for that it will also hold a special place in my heart. It may not be a classic, but it's my absolute 100% favourite. When it was cancelled it broke my heart. I'm secretly hoping the band gets back together post-Secret Wars a la Runaways.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is X-Men, but I kinda miss Avengers Academy. Great book

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366 said:

I know this is X-Men, but I kinda miss Avengers Academy. Great book

Runways, when it was good, too.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excalibur 50: For some time Rachel has been suppressing the Phoenix force inside her for her memories to heal. Then came Necrom, a sorcerer supreme who had a portion of the phoenix force. He started to warp reality in an attempt to make himself the most powerful supreme being. But his powers were not enough and had to get Rachel's portion of the Phoenix force. Rachel and the excalibur were protected by Rachel's time and reality immunity powers. In this issue they discovered that unknowingly, Rachel generates a fourth dimensional pulse that protected the team from the reality warp made by Necrom.

The team didn't want Rachel to use the Phoenix force and fight necrom because Necrom can mimic her powers and would be more powerful and skillful than her. Rachel decided to fight Necrom when she necrom started attacking her team mates. The Phoenix force made a stargate and brought the fight away from earth. Rachel and necrom fought in a galaxy and threw planets and moons at each other. The fight even resulted to a creation of a star/sun. Rachel exhausted her options and opted to attack necrom engaging him physically. Necrom started absorbing the phoenix force out of Rachel. Rachel commanded the Phoenix force to give Necrom access to its infinite power. Necrom wasn't able to handle the power and overloaded. He exploded. Rachel almost died in the battle. The phoenix force brought Rachel back to earth and told the excalibur what happened. The phoenix force said that Rachel needs to heal and that she will be taking her away for awhile.

X-men 303

No Caption Provided

Kitty returns to the mansion to take care of the dieing illyana. Jubilee wonders why kitty and a 7 year old kid would be so close. Jean sensed the sadness in jubes and explained to her the kitty and magik friendship. Magik goes into seizure and everyone panics. Moira injected something to illyana suppressing the techno organic virus but throwing her into a coma. Kitty and jubes cry and jean consoles jubes.

OH WOW-- Thanks for sharing. This was deep. I may check this out.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

X-men Worlds Apart and the Storm ongoing solo.

No Caption Provided

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't really decide in this moment, but off the top of my head, one that really sticks is New X-Men: Academy X #13 (where the X-kids are forced to deal with Northstar's death)...

No Caption Provided

Honestly, when I was deciding on my favourite issue, I really didn't expect something like this. I expected I'd choose something that really showcased some of my favourite characters' abilities, with an extremely significant plot line and lots of exciting action sequences. But this issue really hit me hard. Firstly, the art is just really nice. I just love all of the art throughout the Academy X series. It just fits the story well. It's perfectly great.

I think the main reason I love this issue, though, is the way that it covers the reactions of everyone involved. Of course, with Elixir being my favourite character of all time, his response to the situation was particularly emotive to me. Which is strange in a way, considering his feelings are not related to Northstar as much as the others'. He's hurt because he couldn't save someone (which, I think, is the first time - of many - that he goes through this (which is kinda a really super significant thing for his character, guys)), and also because of the fact he lost a role model in the form of Wolverine (because Logan killed Jean-Paul).

It really interested me how well the variety of responses were portrayed - with Anole pushing everyone away; Hellion pretending he didn't care; Dani getting so mad at herself; Iceman trying so hard to remain strong, but not quite managing it. It was just a really hard-hitting issue.

The New X-Men series in general was the best emotional roller coaster ever. I really miss these characters! Most of them are dead (RIP Kevin Ford, man - I miss him) or just aimlessly dossing around the JGS. It's great Hellion and Rockslide are getting some attention in SATXM, but it still doesn't feel quite right (Julian majorly needs some more character development). I liked Prodigy in Young Avengers, but I would really love to see him interact with the other X-Kids again. And, as for Elixir, don't get me started on the way they brought him into the Logan Legacy series just to pointlessly kill him off. Terribly written. Terribly done. Bring back my golden boy, please! D:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.