Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What is Happening to X-Men

freefall1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm current on all XBooks. And it appears they are all basically ending. Is Secret Wars a relaunch or just a crisis event? I see an announcement that there's gonna be a Secret Wars AOA book too, only Marvel said it's not really the AOA universe from the 90's. So, it's an elsewords type story? Does anyone know what X-Men '92 is? Or Old Man Logan? Is he Logan in the alt universe or are they bringing back the real Logan already. Is there going to be a main Xbook or none? Or are they going to announce a new series of Xbooks in July or something. Thanks for reading. I'm just trying to figure out what books to follow when this even takes place.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men '92 is the animated series made by Fox in 1992.

As for the X-Series ending, as far as I'm aware, the only thing ending is the Ultimate series.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My understanding is that the books planned for the Secret Wars all exist in alternate timelines and dimensions, so each book should have a self-contained story. If you look at it a certain way, this enables each fan to experience the event with their "favorite" storyline, instead of being bound to one canonical version.

We don't have enough info to determine if this is a relaunch or crisis event. I expect that they will announce a new series of books at the end, and the writers at that time will pick and choose which versions of the heroes and stories get to stay.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EC2277
    No Caption Provided

Marvel clarifies a few things about Secret Wars

«In a nutshell, books under LAST DAYS are the past. LAST DAYS will let creators bring the stories they're telling to a conclusion prior to the Marvel universe being destroyed. BATTLEWORLD titles are the present. These will be like regular, monthly titles and are the core continuity. WARZONES series are the future. These stories will lay down the foundation for the new Marvel universe»

On the left you can see the banners of the Last Days and Battleworld titles and the banner of the Warzones series.

In my opinion after Secret Wars there will be a new Marvel Universe, populated by the characters survived to Secret Wars and some of these come from Earth 616, others come from the Ultimate-verse and the remaining come from the titles like Inferno or Age of Apocalypse.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: They're really milking the whole event for everything it's worth. Personally I'm going to stop collecting Marvel until Secret Wars is finished and then decide what if anything to pick up.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

In my opinion after Secret Wars there will be a new Marvel Universe, populated by the characters survived to Secret Wars and some of these come from Earth 616, others come from the Ultimate-verse and the remaining come from the titles like Inferno or Age of Apocalypse.

Does that mean there will only be one Marvel Universe, like DC? Or will the others still exist, but unreachable?

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EC2277

@takeshi55: In my opinion they want do something like Crisis on the Infinite Earth and so they are creating artificially a lot of alternative reality, in order to merge them in an only new universe.

@freefall1025: Inferno, X-Men'92, Age of Apocalypse, Old man Logan and the others x-Secret Wars titles are a sort of "What if…?" of the past sagas with the same name. Instead X-Men'92 is inspired by the animated series, like Takeshi55 said.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Takeshi55

@ec2277: But wouldn't that mean the Movie universes don't exist anymore? After all, Earth-199999 is the marvel Cinematic Universe, so doing a CoIE thing would just screw them over.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: I think it's just going to be a temp thing, where they're trapped in Battle World, but do find a way out eventually.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol can imagine how sucky things would be if they were going to keep the MU in this toss up state forever?

@ec2277 said:
    No Caption Provided

«In a nutshell, books under LAST DAYS are the past. LAST DAYS will let creators bring the stories they're telling to a conclusion prior to the Marvel universe being destroyed. BATTLEWORLD titles are the present. These will be like regular, monthly titles and are the core continuity. WARZONES series are the future. These stories will lay down the foundation for the new Marvel universe»

On the left you can see the banners of the Last Days and Battleworld titles and the banner of the Warzones series.

Thanks for clearing it up finally. And i agree with you opinion of the future of Secret Wars/Marvel U. Though i'm thinking more in the lines with a New Continuity completely or they just recreate the multiverse.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But if they make a new multiverse or get rid of the current one, the Movies can't exist any more, unless they all take place in the past, which just means what they're doing is pointless.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're being replaced by the Inhumans. That's what's happening to the X-Men.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EC2277
    @takeshi55 said:

But if they make a new multiverse or get rid of the current one, the Movies can't exist any more, unless they all take place in the past, which just means what they're doing is pointless.

In my opinion Secret Wars is something that doesn't concern the movies and the cartoons, because they aren't really part of the Marvel multiverse. The real Marvel multiverse is composed by 616-verse, MC2-verse, Ultimate-verse, not by movies and cartoon and so I think the event will not have effects on the "movies-verse" and on the "cartoons-verse".

Really I don't think we ought to be a worried about that.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:
    @takeshi55 said:

In my opinion Secret Wars is something that doesn't concern the movies and the cartoons, because they aren't really part of the Marvel multiverse. The real Marvel multiverse is composed by 616-verse, MC2-verse, Ultimate-verse, not by movies and cartoon and so I think the event will not have effects on the "movies-verse" and on the "cartoons-verse".

Really I don't think we ought to be a worried about that.

'Cept the Movies and cartoons ARE part of the multi-verse and even have their own universe numbers.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EC2277

@takeshi55: You are right, because I have explained my thought in a wrong way. I wanted say, movies and cartoon are part of "Marvel Entertainment multiverse" which include also comics, videogames and even our world. Instead Secret Wars will have effect only on "Marvel Comics multiverse", which include only the comics and so it is a part of the "Marvel Entertainment multiverse"; obviously in my opinion.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: What about X-Men '92? That's a take off of the 90s X-Mn series, so it obviously affects more than just the comics.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EC2277

@takeshi55: Now I understand your point.

I don't think Secret Wars will change anything in the status of the cartoon or movies. In fact X-Men '92 is the only title inspired by a cartoon series and because that animated series is a transposition of the comics, I think it is only a way to use the X-Men roster of the nineties in Secret Wars. At least I unable to see X-Men '92 like a continuation of X-Men TAS, but only like a title inspired by that cartoon.

Anyway after Secret Wars we will found if I'm right or not.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Hopefully, the X-men will still be around after Secret Wars, but I think that a few things will change for the X-men afterwards.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
    EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last Days are a wrap up on most ongoings...The

Secret Wars is actually the Main Event and present continuity...

WarZones is practically Tie-ins within the Secret War events.

I'm very interested in what and who comes out of this Secret War event which honestly could have been put off another year, to probably close an wrap up some old 616 mysteries,answers and deeper stories..

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EC2277

@eternalgrandmaster: Officially there will not tie-in in Secret Wars, because it will be something like Age of Apocalypse: an event that will interrupt all the series to start others, but so huge to involve the all Marvel multiverse; Marvel's David Gabriel clarifies Secret Wars plans and hints what is beyond

David Gabriel, «Secret Wars is unlike any event ever published. It’s not just an event with a few tie-ins, it’s an entirely new publishing line, an entirely new television network’s fall line-up if you will. It’s not unlike what was done in the 1990s with Age of Apocalypse. Even then, that was just the X-Men titles. But this is so much more. The entire Marvel Universe will be affected in some really shocking, really surprising ways. And that’s just the beginning of the fun!»

Question, «Also, it's been noted in the press releases for these announcements that they're a Secret Wars "series" and not a "tie-in." Can you explain the difference?»

David Gabriel, «To us, the term “tie-in” has such a narrow scope in terms of ONLY relating to one central story. That term doesn’t really describe these. Secret Wars series are the Marvel Universe series throughout the time it takes us to tell Secret Wars.

For example, during Secret Wars Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows is the “core” Spider-Man series. That should be pretty obvious considering Dan Slott is writing it. Dan’s current Amazing Spider-Man title isn’t a “Marvel Universe Tie-In”, just like Renew Your Vows isn’t a “Secret Wars tie-in”.

Some folks have asked us to define a Secret Wars series, and that’s simple. A Secret Wars series exists while Battleworld exists. And every story told on Battleworld is going to provide clues to the future of the Marvel Universe.»

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.