Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What have you, as a X-Men fan dislike the most

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

Looking over the last 13 years. What have you dislike the most, what has annoyed you the most.

This what I have dislike the most

1) Marvel treatment of Jean Grey

2) Treatment of other popular characters : Storm, Charles, Magneto, Bishop and Gambit.

3) The demise of the X-Ladies:As I have mention before marvel has treated all the X-ladies poorly. Only now are they focusing on them.

4) Marvel destroying all the X-Men couples:Rogue & Gambit, Kitty and Colossus and Jean and Scott.

5) Matt Fraction run

6) Kieran Gillian run

7) Wolverine and the X-Men now, the comics

8) Avengers Vs X-Men event

9) Schism

10) Comics being center around Scott, Emma and Wolverine for 6 years, between 2008 and 2012.

11) Emma and Scott

12) Too many mutants in the X-Franchise, as a result no real structure in the comics or teams.

13) Greg Land boring artwork.

14) Grant Morrison.

15) No sense of family in the comic, no sense of brotherhood or sisterhood In the comics.

16) X-23 leaving the X-Men comics.

17) Namor joining the X-Men team.

How about you, what has annoyed you and what you have dislike the most, over the last 13 years.

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -2

8) Avengers Vs X-Men event

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By time1

@amutant: Anything esle that you have dislike, that is not in my list.

Avatar image for mistressoftheelements
    MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

1)Poor treatment of Cyclops..:|

2)Not letting other people but Wolverine get the lime light..

3)Jean & Cyclops current relationship

4)Marvel setting up bad pairing for couples is just..ugh..

5)The X-Movies are generally sh*t and not based on nothing about the comics

6)Sexism In Marvel

7)Jean Grey turned evil/can't control her powers

8)There is no place for people who that have a nice story background

9)Schism

THIS IS ALL THAT I COULD THINK FOR LMAO!

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

@time: I also hated Rogue and Magneto dating.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By time1

I agree with your 4, too many poor relationship choices.

You know number 3 on your list, do you mean past Jean and Scott in All New X-Men.

Avatar image for mistressoftheelements
    MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think that Marvel stopped caring about the X-Men around 2004/5. The poor treatment the franchise as a whole has received since then is what I dislike more than anything.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How they're currently using (or should I say, not using) X-man.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: I agree. but I think started in the year 2000.From then in just got worse.'

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: they have neglected quit a few good characters.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The constant resurrection of Jean

The over use of Wolverine

The revisiting of AOA universe it was good before the whole weapon omega stuff

Not using other interesting mutants (X-Man/Nate Grey)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By time1

@humanrocket: Have to agree with revisiting the AOA, that's been annoying.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By waezi2

Emma Frost is a big turnoff for me. And Namor being a X-man is... Weird.

But honestly...

I think I... hate... the X-men concept the more I think about. Or a lot of it, anyway.

It isn't because I think the idea or the X-men them self are bad, in fact, I like the movies and i'm a big fan of X-men Evolution. And I have reed some really great X-stories. But...

First of all, there are, like 52 different X-teams, and 5200 X-men(seriously, are ALL mutants on earth X-men?). Its not a big problem, but it annoys me.

Secondly: How come cosmic powered people are okay, even loved, when mutants aren't?

And how come everyone are so cool with mutants using telepathy to scan all humans on earth to find mutants?

And is it just me, or are a lot of the crap that happens in the Marvel universe somehow connected to the X-men? Like Avengers Dissemble? (god, I hate that comic!!!)

Oh, and let us not forget the whole A vs. X thing. WHY would the X-men use the Phoenix Force? And don't tell me it can recreate mutant kind, because that would involve ending the world, so it could be recreated. What, the X-men want to blow us all up, so mutant kind can be reborn? They are ready to kill basillions, so a race can exist again? And WHY is it so important to recreate mutants as a race? WHY do we need mutants? Weren't the mutants problem to begin with that the world hated them BECAUSE they were mutants? Why recreate the problem? Why expose children (who didn't ask for powers) to danger?

Did I mention Emma Frost? GOD, I hate Emma Frost!

Avatar image for deactivated-57a50c1d96f21
    deactivated-57a50c1d96f21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@time: I'd add to that list the overuse, if that's the appropriate word, of Wolverine in so many teams! I'm so tired of the character. I used to love Wolverine but he's everywhere X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, X-Force, Avengers, New Avengers, what's next? Fantastic Four and Inhumans? -_-

I'm not up-to-date with Marvel comics these days but they've ruined the relationship between Gambit and Rogue, my favorite X-Men/mutant couple. Same with Colossus and Shadowcat.

Grant Morrison...Oh man I don't want to go there.

I don't even know what are the teams these days. In the 90's it was Blue and Gold team. Now is X-Men, X-Force, Astonishing X-Men, X-Factor etc, etc and that varies from writer to writer. Which honestly pisses me off.

I haven't read Schism. In fact the last arc I read was Second Coming.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2nd coming and avx

zdub1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zdub1216

@mistressoftheelements: I'm not too familiar with the X-Men comics. In fact, I don't know where people even buy comic books anymore. But I've watched every episode of every X-Man cartoon (my favorite is Whedon's Astonishing X-Men -- it's awesome), I've seen the films, and read the ultimate X-Men guide book a gazillion times. So in other words, I'm familiar with X-Men, but not at all up to date with all the most recent plot turns.

What do you mean by the poor treatment of Scott's character? Also, how is Marvel sexist? Since I don't read the comics, I have no idea!

Thanks so much!

And everyone else, I happen to love Emma Frost! I think she's complex, beautifully crafted character. She reminds me a lot of Mystique, or better yet Catwoman. Though I like Scott and Jean together fine, I prefer Scott with Emma. Jean is so perfect, it's like she's not even real. To me, she's always been kind of 2 dimensional. That's why the Dark Phoenix plotline was so brilliant; it took a boring character and turned her into the ultimate martyr, the perfect example of Xavier's dream. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else she's good for. Yet Emma and Scott are both incredibly flawed and incredibly vulnerable people, and I'd love to see their relationship preserved for a while. Also, to me their relationship works b/c first loves don't always work out. Sometimes, a marriage fails and you have to try again for love. Scott and Emma represent that to me, love as a form of redemption, corny as it sounds!

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How casually they broke off Kitty and Piotr. I mean I don't even remember if Kitty ever told Piotr that she started dating Bobby but I', pretty sure she never mentioned it before AvX.

That Vampire arc

The lack of development for the students that got me back to reading the X-men again (Academy X New X-men will always have a special place in my shelf)

How despite death being a joke for comic book characters we still have yet to see 616 Kurt join the club and be revived already

Bachalo on non-light hearted x comics.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

1. Breaking up the relationships between several of my favorite X-Men couples: Rogue and Gambit, Kitty and Colossus, Jean and Cyclops. It's like Marvel was trying to randomly put these couples with different people, but it's not working out so well because it's too forced out.

2. Schism: Did the X-Men have to split up during a time where working together would have been the best solution to their problem?

3. Killing off Nightcrawler and Jean Grey:Well, Jean Grey's in the white hot room, while Nightcrawler is really dead, but because they had been offed of, we haven't seen them appear in the comics for years. The worst was with Jean Grey as they just constantly replace her with look-alikes when they could have just brought the real Jean Grey back already.

4. Lack of character development for the characters: It feels like most of the X-Men stories for the last few years was all about the X-Men just fighting random enemies and not having any story arcs that would help them grow as characters.

5. Letting the X-students stay in the background:It's like the moment New X-Men ended its run, Marvel just doesn't concentrate on the X-students anymore, which is sad because they have so much potential to be just as memorable as the original X-Men.

6. Concentrating on the same characters for so many years:I understand that characters like Cyclops and Wolverine are very popular with the crowd, but for so many years, they were pretty much the only characters we were seeing that got any kind of focus and there are so many other X-Men characters that deserved some attention also.

7. Treatment of Beast: It's like for the past decade, the writers have treated Beast so poorly. Before then, Beast was written as being the friendly genius of the X-Men. But now he's written to be so cold towards people and I don't like that at all.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Counting Movies, I think I dislike the most how Bobby is so underrated. He is an omega level mutant for christ's sake!

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By oldnightcrawler

One of the things I found most disappointing in recent memory was how brief lived and ultimately unsatisfying the existence of the Extinction Team was. I wasn't a really big fan how much focus had been put on Cyclops especially up until that point, and even less so once Hope became a main character, but I really thought this team as a whole had a lot of potential.

It made the team feel much more international again, with no more than two characters from any one part of the world. The inclusion of Namor and Magneto, as well as Storm as Queen of Wakanda, really gave the team a much more epic and grandiose dynamic potential, like the Avengers or the Inhumans , that sadly felt unrecognized. I mean, if you look at who was on that team, and what they were all there for, it seems like it should have been a team with a way more realized tenure.

That said, while I wasn't a really big fan of how UXM vol.2 was handled as a whole, the stuff I liked about it I liked a lot. Aspects like the story that was just about the Phalanx or Sinister's clone civilization were really interesting (actually, some of the most interesting stuff, to me), but felt disappointing as individual issues, since we rarely got to see the members of the team (that we were reading the book to see) interact much as it was. Especially considering that it was coming out twice a month, I think it could have been more interesting to have just made the issues twice as long so that they could pair those stories with stories that were actually about the X-men, but that's just me.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel treating x-men like shit and giving all the favors to the avengers.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

• Everything since Claremont's second tenure that was classified as a "must read" or "flagship" or "groundbreaking".
    • All of the events.
    • Bendis on X-Men. This is the worst.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By chasereis

@knight_justice: You are interesting. Not only do you use my Cloudy Wolf sigil, you hate Grant Morrison. You like the 90's X-Teams, hate Wolvie and enjoy lengthy relationships between characters. Either you are a ChaseReis impostor/LMD or clearly a man of impeccable taste. Either way good on you.

My list is as follows.

1. Anything Morrison has written for "X"
    2. Anything Kelly, Seagle, Fraction or Brubaker has written for "X"
    3. Bob Harras leaving editorial
    4. Xavier is trashed as a character and as having a noble, creditible idelogy that needs to be fought for.
    5. No "real" new X-Men of remarkable caliber.
    6. No X-Man has retired from the "X" without being depowered.
    7. Mutants don't act like humans anymore.

Honorable mention: Emma's fake British accent.

Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not one to harp only on negative but since the thread is asking for it:

Character development as a whole seems to be subsiding in favor of (I don't know how to word this) convenience to make characters look cool/evil/whatever the writer wants.

Ill take Rogue for example since I'm not a particular hater or lover of Rogue (less bias). Originally she was interesting to me because she had so much love for people but couldn't experience love because of the negative side of her powers.

**Spoiler ahead**

Now in "xmen" which seems to be a crticial success, she is borrowing Northstar's powers to be powerful like she was in the older comics (i have no problem with this in itself) but there is no downside to this borrowing.

What about Northstar's reaction? Does he have negative memories that Rogue has to cope with since borrowing the powers? Or is his past so perfect that Rogue suffered no mental trauma from borrowing his powers? Since it took place off panel it's just convenient and doesn't have to be addresssed.

Rogue is just one example. All the heros have pros and cons in their powers and personalities. I just feel that lately a lot of these paradoxes, which drew me to be close to xmen characters in the first place, seem to be being replaced with a "just give a hero this capability/take away that capability for the sake of the story."

I give all credit for my view here to some poster on another message board. He posted similar thoughts which made me realize that I agreed with him.

This is why I like all new xmen. It's the only book I'm aware of that is putting a lot of time into these emotional and dramatic relationships.

A lot of people who don't like all new xmen say its moving slow and nothing is happening. To be honest they are correct... But I'm ok with that. I'm ok with a glacial speed story if that's what it takes to properly flesh our character personalities.

I see no need to rush to figure the end of the story out when It comes to comics- I mean hopefully comics will still be interesting as long as I live ... So the way I see it, a slower story only ensures that ill have content to read for plenty of years to come.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jg0587 said:

A lot of people who don't like all new xmen say its moving slow and nothing is happening. To be honest they are correct... But I'm ok with that. I'm ok with a glacial speed story if that's what it takes to properly flesh our character personalities.

I see no need to rush to figure the end of the story out when It comes to comics- I mean hopefully comics will still be interesting as long as I live ... So the way I see it, a slower story only ensures that ill have content to read for plenty of years to come.

Thank God. Someone else who read comics without some type of patience or attention span disorder (the self imposed kind). Nice to meet you. Claremont and Simonson spent YEARS setting up small stories and there is nothing wrong with it, in fact it is the ONLY way to write comics, even further a team book. Great post. Bravo.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jg0587 said:

Character development as a whole seems to be subsiding in favor of (I don't know how to word this) convenience to make characters look cool/evil/whatever the writer wants.

Ill take Rogue for example since I'm not a particular hater or lover of Rogue (less bias). Originally she was interesting to me because she had so much love for people but couldn't experience love because of the negative side of her powers.

**Spoiler ahead**

Now in "xmen" which seems to be a crticial success, she is borrowing Northstar's powers to be powerful like she was in the older comics (i have no problem with this in itself) but there is no downside to this borrowing.

What about Northstar's reaction? Does he have negative memories that Rogue has to cope with since borrowing the powers? Or is his past so perfect that Rogue suffered no mental trauma from borrowing his powers? Since it took place off panel it's just convenient and doesn't have to be addresssed.

Rogue is just one example. All the heros have pros and cons in their powers and personalities. I just feel that lately a lot of these paradoxes, which drew me to be close to xmen characters in the first place, seem to be being replaced with a "just give a hero this capability/take away that capability for the sake of the story."

I give all credit for my view here to some poster on another message board. He posted similar thoughts which made me realize that I agreed with him.

This is why I like all new xmen. It's the only book I'm aware of that is putting a lot of time into these emotional and dramatic relationships.

Everything you said + Avengers showing up in every little X-men title even tough AvX is already over.

I think that if we get all x-men comics since Marvel now begun Cap. America has more panel time tham Storm. (I hope I'm exagerating)

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
    MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MyNameWasDeleted

Just about everything after they went through the Siege Perilous... I wonder sometimes if I'm still a fan

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel's treatment of Apocalypse and the CONSTANT Wolverine.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

2) Treatment of other popular characters : Storm, Charles, Magneto, Bishop and Gambit.

Storm- It kills me how writers forgot how strong of character Claremont wrote her to be. She should be THE Lady of Marvel-- Just like Chun-li is THE Lady of Capcom. Storm, Cyclops, and Wolverine should all be EQUALS. She is the most popular character of color in the comic world.
    Gambit- That fight against Captain America in AvX was embarrassing. At least he has his own solo, but he lost Rogue.. :(
    Rogue- WAS SOOOOOOO Popular in the 90s-- then Marvel Ruined her character. Where is the iconic outfit? The wild hair and matching personality? The flight and super strength!?
    Magneto- AvX was trash-- HOW in the F did he loose to Iron Man!? And now weakened in Marvel now!?!? WHY?
    Charles- Became so... irrelevant. Once that happened, the X-men stopped being a family.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the complaining. I have to say, the worst thing to come of the x-men, rather comics, is the internet

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Storm- It kills me how writers forgot how strong of character Claremont wrote her to be. She should be THE Lady of Marvel-- Just like Chun-li is THE Lady of Capcom. Storm, Cyclops, and Wolverine should all be EQUALS. She is the most popular character of color in the comic world.

Gambit- That fight against Captain America in AvX was embarrassing. At least he has his own solo, but he lost Rogue.. :(

Rogue- WAS SOOOOOOO Popular in the 90s-- then Marvel Ruined her character. Where is the iconic outfit? The wild hair and matching personality? The flight and super strength!?

Magneto- AvX was trash-- HOW in the F did he loose to Iron Man!? And now weakened in Marvel now!?!? WHY?

Charles- Became so... irrelevant. Once that happened, the X-men stopped being a family.

I agree with everything you just said, especially about what happened to Xavier. I didn't like the way that Marvel treating him over the years and now he's dead.

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think what wrong with scott and emma's relationship is that it happened to fast....what about taking it slow??? No they just couldnt wait for jean to be cold in her grave before jumping in bed together :/

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think what wrong with scott and emma's relationship is that it happened to fast....what about taking it slow??? No they just couldnt wait for jean to be cold in her grave before jumping in bed together :/

I think too many relationships with Marvel is happening too fast lately rather than just taking their time and developing the relationships. That's why I can't really get into the newer relationships since some of them are too forced.

Psy_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Wolverine always gets the spotlight and sometimes Overrated (In the Movie)

2. Rogue in the movie sucks... Se can't fight and they made her almost useless in team battles.

3. Storm is somewhat underrated. She also sucks in the movie.. They made her a support type of hero -.-

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By phisigmatau

there has never been a thread in the internet where ive agreed with just about every letter in every post. Alot of the complaints are pointing logical failures. What is wrong with these writers? I refuse to buy an X-men comic, they have years of reparations to do.

I think one point that has been hinted at but hasnt been brought to light fully is the fact that Avengers/Super heroes in general and mutants placed in the same universe simply does not work.

How can the public support spider-man and hate mutants? Logically the immediate reaction to anyone with super powers in a mutant fearing world is that spider man is a mutant! Same thing with Captain America.

On top of that they need to come up with another reason for the mutant population cause evolution isn't cutting it. If it was evolution mutant population should simply increase as each child is born. I dont know what they're going to blame it on, nuclear testing, a random banished Asgardian God, I dont care but evolution just doesnt work.

/rant

Avatar image for darthmaulfistoman
    darthmaulfistoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mmmt....

well, I agree with most of these, but think about it, should we really complain? They're overall good comics (minus the pairings thing... that makes me PO) but hey... this is what normally hapens, only one certain character gets limelight, pairings are wrecked. it'll happen in just about every comic series, anime, movie, tv show, or manga.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lykopis

@jg0587 said:

**Spoiler ahead**

I guess I should preface this with saying I am a huge fan of Rogue --- lol --- but in regards to Northstar, they have a long history with each other. Back in the Alpha Flight Days, she absorbed him them and discovered his "secret" although it was never revealed on panel. While initially she had a crush, she understood what it felt like to be so burdened with secrets and reached out to him (although he rejected it at the time due to the secret itself plus his being the arrogant man that he was at the time. Well, still is, lol -- but not as much.) So having Rogue absorb his power in the first X-Men book reminded me of that time, a nice little touch.

However, I do get what you mean about convenience -- if anything, it's why I like seeing how writers treat Rogue because of her powerset. My reasoning for liking her is precisely what you've brought up -- how she's dealt with all the memories she's absorbed all this while -- it's a big part of the character so I am surprised you are unaware (or seem to be) of that.

Everyone seems to have brought up issues I have problems with the depiction of the X-Men over the past while -- I don't like how relationships can't seem to just BE with them -- romantically that is. Is it so difficult to showcase one that just works and leave it at that?

Also, miss the family feel of the X-Men that drew me in the first place. Maybe that's about to change? I hope so.

I wish there were young teenage teams again. I really, really wish they would bring back New Mutants/Generation X type deals with the older mutants remaining mentors and side characters rather than the other way around.

CANNOT STAND THE WHOLE ROGUE AND MAGNETO RELATIONSHIP

*ahem - sorry about that*

And Sentry and Rogue HUGGED. -___- Get that? They HUGGED, that's all. (starts polka dotting my sneakers with a ball point pen to reassert head canon)

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@jg0587 said:

**Spoiler ahead**

I guess I should preface this with saying I am a huge fan of Rogue --- lol --- but in regards to Northstar, they have a long history with each other. Back in the Alpha Flight Days, she absorbed him them and discovered his "secret" although it was never revealed on panel. While initially she had a crush, she understood what it felt like to be so burdened with secrets and reached out to him (although he rejected it at the time due to the secret itself plus his being the arrogant man that he was at the time. Well, still is, lol -- but not as much.) So having Rogue absorb his power in the first X-Men book reminded me of that time, a nice little touch.

However, I do get what you mean about convenience -- if anything, it's why I like seeing how writers treat Rogue because of her powerset. My reasoning for liking her is precisely what you've brought up -- how she's dealt with all the memories she's absorbed all this while -- it's a big part of the character so I am surprised you are unaware (or seem to be) of that.

Everyone seems to have brought up issues I have problems with the depiction of the X-Men over the past while -- I don't like how relationships can't seem to just BE with them -- romantically that is. Is it so difficult to showcase one that just works and leave it at that?

Also, miss the family feel of the X-Men that drew me in the first place. Maybe that's about to change? I hope so.

I wish there were young teenage teams again. I really, really wish they would bring back New Mutants/Generation X type deals with the older mutants remaining mentors and side characters rather than the other way around.

And Sentry and Rogue HUGGED. -___- Get that? They HUGGED, that's all. (starts polka dotting my sneakers with a ball point pen to reassert head canon)

I thought Rogue had managed to gain control of her powers now, ever since Carey's X-Men Legacy run where Rogue started to become the main focus of the title after Xavier. In fact, I think Xavier had a role in sorting things out. Will need to dig out the back issues. Anyways, if she has her powers under control now, would that not mean the whole 'stuck with memories' thing too, which is why writers are making less of a deal about it.

Also, I didn't have an issue with the whole Mags and Rogue relationship (was kinda meh for me), but whatever you think about it, at least it had links back to their 'almost' relationship in the Savage Land, just prior to the Magneto / Acolytes stuff in the early 90's. It didn't just appear out of nowhere.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@lykopis said:

@jg0587 said:

**Spoiler ahead**

I agree with all this! I especially hate it whenever they break up a really good relationship (Rogue and Gambit, Kitty and Colossus, Cyclops and Emma Frost are some examples for me) and try to force them to date other people, only for them to break up again. It's just something that always got on my nerves about comic books. I also miss the family feel of the X-Men too. I'm not really liking the whole split up angle of this series. I also wished that they actually have a New X-Men or a X-Men book that focused on the students since it was unfair that they don't have as much focus as they used to.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lykopis

@daycrawler said:

@lykopis said:

I thought Rogue had managed to gain control of her powers now, ever since Carey's X-Men Legacy run where Rogue started to become the main focus of the title after Xavier. In fact, I think Xavier had a role in sorting things out. Will need to dig out the back issues. Anyways, if she has her powers under control now, would that not mean the whole 'stuck with memories' thing too, which is why writers are making less of a deal about it.

Also, I didn't have an issue with the whole Mags and Rogue relationship (was kinda meh for me), but whatever you think about it, at least it had links back to their 'almost' relationship in the Savage Land, just prior to the Magneto / Acolytes stuff in the early 90's. It didn't just appear out of nowhere.

She has control now -- true --as for memories, the trauma of previously absorbed psyches is something she has managed to get a hold of but is still there. I do know when she took on She-Hulk's powers during AvX, she had to deal with the rage as well but that can be attributed to the power itself rather than just the emotion. Good point though about writers no longer focusing on that issue since her gaining control.

As for the rest of your post, the relationship between Rogue and Magneto didn't come out of nowhere -- there can be no saying otherwise. But I didn't like it then either, lol. That's just me -- and it's not because of Gambit but all to do with Magneto, the character. I always loved to hate him. :) So having my fave character hook up with my least favourite isn't fun to read.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lykopis

@rabbitearsblog said:

@lykopis said:

I agree with all this! I especially hate it whenever they break up a really good relationship (Rogue and Gambit, Kitty and Colossus, Cyclops and Emma Frost are some examples for me) and try to force them to date other people, only for them to break up again. It's just something that always got on my nerves about comic books. I also miss the family feel of the X-Men too. I'm not really liking the whole split up angle of this series. I also wished that they actually have a New X-Men or a X-Men book that focused on the students since it was unfair that they don't have as much focus as they used to.

Right?! **sigh**

I get the argument about trying new things but in the instances of established relationships, just leave as is. Breaking them up never made sense -- especially because of what they've been through together and yet still managed to keep it working.

We can only hope for a book that's student-centric. If I really had my way, I would bring back Hellion and the gang again but without pitting teams within the same school against each other. With the re-emergence of mutants, there shouldn't be a shortage of new mutants to go up against.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@lykopis said:

@rabbitearsblog said:

@lykopis said:

Right?! **sigh**

I get the argument about trying new things but in the instances of established relationships, just leave as is. Breaking them up never made sense -- especially because of what they've been through together and yet still managed to keep it working.

We can only hope for a book that's student-centric. If I really had my way, I would bring back Hellion and the gang again but without pitting teams within the same school against each other. With the re-emergence of mutants, there shouldn't be a shortage of new mutants to go up against.

I definitely agree! Just let the most well established relationships last longer! There should be no reason to break them up just for the sake of drama.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a50c1d96f21
    deactivated-57a50c1d96f21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chasereis: LOL. I don't know what to say. I'm no impostor. I'm just saying Marvel Comics these days lacks the awesomeness of the 90's. That's all. I hate all these crossover with the excessive amount of issues and the so called "tie-in" issue BS.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chasereis: LOL. I don't know what to say. I'm no impostor. I'm just saying Marvel Comics these days lacks the awesomeness of the 90's. That's all. I hate all these crossover with the excessive amount of issues and the so called "tie-in" issue BS.

I really don't like the crossovers either. They been doing it too much and it's really ruining the uniqueness of the comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.