Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What happened to the gold tree Dark Phoenix created?

snikt_bamf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So in the issue when Jean grey went Dark Phoenix because of Mastermind/Jason Wyngarde and the Hellfire club and all that, she has a brief fight with the X-Men in Central Park, where she at one point decides on the offensive move of turning an entire tree into gold by manipulating it's molecules

No Caption Provided

With the X-men beaten, she zips of into space, and Beast turns up and helps Colossus and Wolverine out from under the tree (wonder how much time they spent there)

No Caption Provided

Nightcrawler's comment always had me wondering - what ever happened to that tree. That's a LOT of money right there.

So I wonder if the hold tree ever turned up in another story. Like maybe Doc Ock tried to steel it, or Reed Richards did experiments on this artificial super gold. Or it could have just been mentioned, what happened with it.

So just wondering if anybody ever saw the tree mentioned again? The scans are from Uncanny X-Men ish 135...

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you think the Xmen got money to buy all that jet fuel

Paulo1608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix using Jeans body don't have that transmutation power. But I guess she amplified Colossus power to something he already don't know...

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix using Jeans body don't have that transmutation power. But I guess she amplified Colossus power to something he already don't know...

she also transmuted a plant into cyrstal

No Caption Provided

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it’s in her powerset to transmutate matter. If she forced Colossus to do something, Colossus would state Jean was forcing him to do something to the tree.

Avatar image for lightyagamigod2
    lightyagamigod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Essentially, the Phoenix manipulated the molecular structure of the tree into gold atoms.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.