Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

was Magik left out in the main storyline?

MTOL008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel that Magik kind of being left behind, she have so much story potential not just because her dry sarcastic personality but her power levels that were never truly explore, after Phoenix 5 the other 4 had problems with they powers, she did as well with her mutant abilities but her magic powers seem to be stronger, her sword clearly had a upgrade and is more powerful now and in the " deadpool & mercs for money " inhuman vs xmen, was show a timeline where things go in a different path and limbo and the 616 earth apparently fused, does that mean that she have total magic control to earth being her the sorcery supreme of Limbo?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Limbo fused with earth?? That sounds kinda interesting

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@hawk2916 said:

Limbo fused with earth?? That sounds kinda interesting

Cant be worst than most anything else that has been written in the past decade lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly Magik needed a mini or a solo to wrap up her plot points from the last 2 runs because between being told she was going to destroy herself, absorbing limbo, being shown as future sorcerer supreme, and then all the crap with her the school and that girl who controls demons.... it's just loose hanging plot thread city. And to be honest a team book couldn't resolve all of that neatly with a couple years and everyone else on the squad being ignored

it's actually quite grating since all these aborted and abandoned arcs with her are starting weigh her down.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@koays: Yea its like 4 different writers had 8 different ideas for her and none of them finished lol, a Solo Magik book might be good though and I wouldn't want a team book that was basically Magik and the X men lol

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think that shows the full potential of Illyana.

Also, I really hope she gets her own solo with guest stars:

• Pixie
    • Storm
    • Doctor Strange
    chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always thought she needed a solo. She has the rouges gallery, ties w/ other characters, the power set (magic, time travel, ruler of Limbo) to tell a lot of epic and interesting stories. A time travelling warrior mage and hell Lord/Sorcerer Surpeme has lots of options story wise.

How did her past mini's do sales wises compared to other solo x-men? Magik limited series, X-infernus, Quest for Magik,etc...

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see Magik added to the Xmen Gold team. Her, Kitty and Rachel running around together? Good stuff!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's better that way. She's a pale imitation of herself since Bendis started to write her.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think what happened in deadpool and mercs for money was the inhumans was able to rip open limbo that's why demons was able to get to earth

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

A Magik solo should have been done and would make much more sense than a teen Jean Grey or Iceman solo. In fact I think a Magik solo and a Psylocke solo would be much better

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Yassassin

Let's be honest, in the past 3 or so years, Magik has only been a fast travel for the X-Men.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By poisonfleur

I think that shows the full potential of Illyana.

Also, I really hope she gets her own solo with guest stars:

• Pixie
    • Storm
    • Doctor Strange

This

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#14 god_spawn  Moderator

@tvc-15: At least she was fun under Bendis.

MTOL008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

agreed if almost all the comments.
    a solo series would be great!
    I think the writes miss a big opportunity in the end of Phoenix 5, with all the 5 without control of they mutant powers, have Magik teleport to a different dimension and time and with not total control of her mutant power trying to manage her way back using her Magik ( that outside of Limbo is not as strong ) would be a great storyline jumping to time seem different versions of herself and I dont know seem the supreme futuristic version of her, I dont know something, but know they basically use her as a Taxi that was her only storyline, after in Uncanny she have a bit more of the focus but generally not the strong potential that she deserve.
    and know she have a very little part in X Gold that will probably focus on Kitty ( that is fine she is fine but well they already use her in so many storylines in so many different way lets gived a break now)
    she is the fucking Queen of Limbo ! I dont understand why that is not more of a big deal in Marvel universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.