Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Vote for the best actresses from the X-Men movies

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Edited By time1

Poll Vote for the best actresses from the X-Men movies (50 votes)

Anna Paquin (Rogue) 14%
    Famke Janssen (Jean Grey) 26%
    Halle Berry (Storm) 24%
    Rebecca Romijn (Mystique) 26%
    Kelly Hu (Lady Deathstrike) 12%
    Ellen Page (Kitty) 28%
    Dania Ramirez (Callisto) 2%
    Jennifer Lawrence(Mystique) 32%
    Rose Byrne(Moira MacTaggert) 8%
    January Jones (Emma Frost) 4%
    Zoë Kravitz(Angel Salvadore) 2%
    Bingbing Fan (Blink) 14%
    Lynn Collins(Kayla Silverfox) 4%
    Tao Okamoto(Mariko) 10%
    Rila Fukushima (Yukio) 14%
    Svetlana Khodchenkova (Viper) 4%

So as we know both Jubilee and Psylocke will be in X-Men: Apocalypse, alongside a younger Jean Grey and a younger Storm. I thought it would be interesting to find out who are best actresses from the X-Men movies. I included the actresses from the Wolverine movies too. Please vote for your favourite actresses. Please speak about favourite actresses and your least favourite actresses.

• 
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Here is how I rank the actress from my favourite to least favourite :

1) Anna Paquin ( I do feel bad for Anna, the last 2 movies she was in, didn't end well for her. Her scenes got cut from X-Men : Days of the future past and in X3 she didn't really have strong role in the movie. I still think Anna play a good Rogue though. Although I wish Rogue had Ms. Marvel powers and I wish she was in X-Men : Apocalypse, I want her to meet Gambit.

2) Famke Janssen ( I also feel bad for Framke, the biggest role she had was in X3, which focus on her being Dark Phoenix and I thought she was really good in it, but most X-Men fans didn't like the movie. I thought Famke Janssen play a good Jean in the first three movies and I'm looking forward to seeing the younger Jean grey )

3) Rebecca Romijn ( I prefer Rebeeca as Mystique)

4) Jennifer Lawrence ( I prefer Jennifer Lawrence in X-Men : Day of the future past.)

5) Halle Berry ( I didn't really like Halle Berry in X3, I thought she was good in the other movies though)

6) Ellen Page ( Although I'm annoy that Ellen got a bigger role in the last 2 X-Movies over Anna Paquin, I still think she made a good Kitty)

7) Kelly Hu ( Love her fight with Hugh Jackman)

8) Bingbing Fan ( She play a cool Blink)

9) January Jones ( I think she play a good Emma Frost, although I was annoy with Emma appearing in a X-Men movie before Psylocke and Jubilee.

10) Dania Ramirez ( love her fights with Halle Berry)

11) Rila Fukushima ( Love her moments with Hugh Jackman)

So those actress above are my favourite and the other actresses are my least favourite.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Koays

Paquin Romijn Lawrence and Fukishima...though i messed up my vote

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I think the best actress in any of them is Ellen Page; unfortunately, she never had enough of a role for it to matter.

The only female characters that really stand out in the movies, for me, are Rogue and Mystique. Paquin does a serviceable job as the re-imagined Rogue, but Mystique steels the show in all the movies.

Both Romijn and Lawrence are great in their respective versions of the character. Then again, because the character is Mystique, most of the cast played the character at different points, which is awesome, but makes it kind of harder to judge.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

For me the best were Ellen Page, Rose Byrne and Jennifer Lawrence.

Halle Berry and Famke Jensen did OK. And January Jones was not great but had the look.

Anna Paquins Rogue was horrible in my opinion

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By adamTRMM

Dam... I think I have no answer. Guess it's that bad.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Halle Berry, Rebecca Romijn, Ellen Page, & Fan Bingbing.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ellen Page, Jennifer Lawrence.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm, Mystique, and Lady Deathstrike

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Everyone gives Halle Berry soo much hell for playing Storm yet she is dominating on these polls! :D
    HAHAAHAHAAAA!!!

Do you know what happens to Storm on the voting polls .... The same thing that happens to Storm on everything else--- She wins!!!
    #raindrops

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anna P and January J were TERRRIIBBLLLEE--- I had such good hopes for the both of them yet--

No Caption Provided
    sian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sian

Rogue was written as a victim in X1, but Paquin's acting was first rate - and she was terrific in X2, I only wish she'd had more scenes. I loved her chemistry with Jackman, and it's a shame she probably won't get to play Rogue again; she actually wanted to play her as the sassy character from the comics.

Romijin was a great Mystique - I like Jennifier Lawrence very much but Rebecca Romijin scared me. Mystique has to be scary.

Berry was good in X2, but I thought Janssen was an amazing Jean Grey. I only wish she'd been able to really go for it as Phoenix but they gave the leading role to Berry.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mystique, Yukio, and Callisto.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Rila Fukushima(Yukio), Rebecca Romijn(Mystique), and Famke Janssen(Jean) are my favorites.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blink

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think the best actress in any of them is Ellen Page; unfortunately, she never had enough of a role for it to matter.

The only female characters that really stand out in the movies, for me, are Rogue and Mystique. Paquin does a serviceable job as the re-imagined Rogue, but Mystique steels the show in all the movies.

Both Romijn and Lawrence are great in their respective versions of the character. Then again, because the character is Mystique, most of the cast played the character at different points, which is awesome, but makes it kind of harder to judge.

I'm not a massive fan of Ellen Page.

I think the character Paquin played was a bit weak and not really a reflection of Rogue in the comics, though I think she's a good/okay actress.

I agree with you about Romjin and Lawrence playing Mystique, though!

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

...I think the character Paquin played was a bit weak and not really a reflection of Rogue in the comics, though I think she's a good/okay actress.

I agree with you about Romjin and Lawrence playing Mystique, though!

Yeah, Rogue's a pretty different character in the movies. She's not any sort of superhero, and what we're left with is pretty much just a damsel in distress. It's hard to say it was a bad way to go with the character, because she sort of justifies the whole point of the X-men in that first movie, but it makes her character pretty one-note (though, that could be said for most of the characters in the X-men movies).

Mystique's somehow even more bad-ass in the first trilogy than she is in the comics, despite not being in charge. I think this is largely due to being a lot more mysterious than her original counterpart, and more intimidating than the other villains.

And in the 'First Class movies, the reinterpretation of Mystique as the most central and sympathetic character is one of the few examples of the movies actually giving the characters and story more depth than the source material, while still making sense with the jaded bad-ass she eventually becomes. If the X-men movies have one real triumph, it's probably her character.

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
    Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebecca Romijn

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Rebecca Romjin might not have been asked to bring as much gravitas to her role as Jennifer Lawrence, but I thought that for what was asked of her, Rebecca nailed it so she's my top pick.

Honorable Mentions: Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde, Halle Berry as Storm, Famke Jensen as Jean Grey and Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique.

Jennifer Lawrence wasn't a bad Mystique, she did the dramatic scenes well but when she tried to play up the sexuality of Mystique, it didn't quite work as well. Actors/Actresses with baby-faces have a hard time pulling that off.

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me I enjoyed Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde and Anna Paquin as rogue

zdub327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This poll was really depressing. Seeing it made me realize what a shitty job Bryan Singer has done at developing the female X-Men characters. So many of these actresses could have done amazing things if only Singer had given them the chance. I think the actress who did the best job here was Rebecca Romjin, but her character barely got to speak . . .

Same with Ellen Page, who is actually brilliantly cast as Kitty Pryde. Kitty Pryde is one of the best female characters in all of comic books, and Ellen Page is a really wonderful actress. This should have been a powerhouse combination, but Kitty Pryde never worked out in the X-Men movies because Singer never gave her anything to do. Ditto with Anna Paquin, who could have made a badass Rogue if she were ever given the chance. I'm not a fan of Famke or Berry, personally.

I did love Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique in Future Past, however. I think that was the best role for a female character in any of the X-Men movies, and I thought Lawrence did a great job!

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

famke in x3 was amazing. i didn't like the story though. in all the x-films it was only her who had some serious acting.

WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really loved Ellen Page as Kitty.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jennifer Lawerence...? Really guys? But she is soo whiny... and is kind of bland unless she is in Hunger Games, imo.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Jennifer Lawrence.

sl-wopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anna Paquin (Rogue). She played the role that was given to her pretty good in X1.

Rebecca Romijn (Mystique). Best Mystique around. Not much acting though.

Kelly Hu (Lady Deathstrike). I really like this one. Not much acting though.

Jennifer Lawrence(Mystique). In DOFP she played much better, i really liked a scene in the airport.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Famke Jannsen the best. I think these large casts can be bad since individual actors/characters don't get the attention they deserve, even though good actors are in the roles.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.