Unofficial Legion discussion thread

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
#1 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Discussion on all things relating to the new FX show. Please remember to include spoilers where appropriate.

Let me get the ball rolling:

1. What do you think so far?

2. Patrick Stewart said he may already bring his Proff X out of retirement to do the show. Thoughts?

3. Is Davids parasite the Shadow King?

#2 Posted by invain (3992 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought the entire season on Google, but have not started watching it yet.

I don't know about Stewart appearing on the show. He would be great, but I kind of wanted to see them keep the show and the movies separate. I wouldn't mind seeing characters who are already established in the films recast on the show. They should be able to get away with that for a alternate reality.

#3 Posted by mrmonster (2245 posts) - - Show Bio

Last night's episode was amazing. To answer your questions.

1. It's awesome

2. Doubtful. I doubt FX would pay for an actor this famous to come onto the show, they'd need to pay him a lot.

3. Probably.

#4 Posted by invain (3992 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: Stewart still does voice work and television. It's not impossible for him to appear.

#5 Posted by Super_ninja (1159 posts) - - Show Bio

i think its the shadow king.

#6 Posted by judasnixon (11969 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#7 Edited by saintwildcard (19465 posts) - - Show Bio

Legion is one of those rare things that lives up to the hype. BvS failed miserably, Logan missed the mark a bit, but this did not let me down. Easily my favorite CBTV show

#8 Posted by PeterParkerJr (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't expecting to like this show as much as I have been.

#9 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Good news, Legion will be getting a second season.

http://www.newsarama.com/33599-legion-returning-for-second-season-but-not-for-a-while.html

#10 Edited by BullPR (3592 posts) - - Show Bio

@earthsmightiest: good news.

Great show.

@saintwildcard: I agree (with your three points).

#11 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Chapter 6: Thoughts?

First mention of David's dad and him trying to hide David from the parasite. Don't know what was creepier sexy Lenny spliced with yellow eyed devildevil or Kerry being stalked by Divison 3 guy.

#12 Edited by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't see 6, but the last 2 previous episodes finally gave what I've been looking for. That zero gravity iceberg quarters in the middle of astral desert, love this classic surrealism. I wasn't that thrilled with the first two episodes, they had elements of gold of course, but these were mere elements and the sloppy action in the end of the first issue made me extremely worried about it all. With all things considered, and how I perceive Legion to basically be the ultimate character of sorts, and that was long before the series was even announced, my expectations were, for better or worse, extremely overblown. I just couldn't help myself, I've been a big fan of mindfuck cinema since my first existential crisis back when I was 16 - Memento, Stay, Identity, The Jacket, Mulholland Drive, The Fountain, Vanilla Sky, (way before Inception and Shatter Island made it all a bigger deal) it was my bread and butter for a long period of time - now my two passions (comic books and MF cinema) are having a child that is simply perfect for that twisted existence (Legion). Like I said, it's just way too cathartic conceptwise to not be that hyped for me, which isn't good I know, but it's beyond reason already lolz

Damn I hope they won't disappoint. Though it's pretty obvious they may be having budget struggles as sets, scenes and character designs happen to be so... theatrical and complete? I also quite love this neonized minimalism they use to compensate for CGI shortage.

#13 Edited by EarthsMightiest (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like the parasites true identity is

Spoilers

The Shadow King!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/legion/spoilers-legion-finally-confirms-the-identity-of-the-devil-with-the-yellow-eyes-a149658

#14 Posted by PeterParkerJr (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how Oliver knew everybody was being kept in an alternate reality.

#15 Posted by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, the last episode was sweet. Finally some easter eggs in the mind games!

#16 Posted by Revive (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I am loving the show so far. Would love to see Patrick Stewart in it as Xavier.

#17 Posted by PeterParkerJr (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

Confirmation of the Shadow King!

By the way, I loved that whole sequence where it played out like a silent film. This show has so much style.

#18 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Chapter 7. Thoughts?

IMO fantastic episode, we got to see Proff. X chair, David unleashed and the Shadow Kings showed its core malice, best comic villain on tv right now!

#19 Posted by rahiem9123 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it far sucks its only eight episodes but im looking forward too season 2

#20 Posted by rahiem9123 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.