Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Uncanny X-men #6 preview

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lmfao....is it just me or does everyone picture Archangel flying around the team going "screw you guys" while they tell him to stop whining like he's the only one to be possessed by their evil side.

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Red_Paladin_

@koays: and doesn't it say something when his "good side" was a brainwashed puppet, unable to be reasoned with, yet his "Evil side" allows him freewill enough to choose for himself, even if he's whining about it...

and yes I easily imagined that scene as well... :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That's the Archangel that I want but I hope the artist would add more on his wings.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Koays

@red_paladin_: Storm: Warren get down here and quit being a baby

Archangel: You guys suck. You ruined my life!

Storm: Dont make me come up there!

Jean: Hey guys what's up.

Archangel: Storm and Betsy wont let me cure my darkside!

Jean: Warren we talked about this, your not interesting without your darkside.

Archangel: Neither are you Jean! You guys are the worst! I'm going to live with Scott and Emma!

Jean: We told you Warren Emma doesnt have Scott it's just a psychic corpse!!

Archangel:YOUR A PSYCHIC CORPSE!!!

Jean: Go to your room!!!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be genuinely interested if someone who is reading this stuff and enjoying it to give me a detailed reason as to why.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: it had 2 really good issues out of 5. Those issues were the return of Legion and Madrox and retroactively issue one after everything was explained.

It's ok. But for just barely above what we'd see as average X-Men Blue or Red...with the issue before last giving Gold a run for its money for stupidest issue of the year.

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@koays said:

@red_paladin_: Storm: Warren get down here and quit being a baby

Archangel: You guys suck. You ruined my life!

Storm: Don't make me come up there!

Jean: Hey guys what's up.

Archangel: Storm and Betsy wont let me cure my darkside!

Jean: Warren we talked about this, your not interesting without your darkside.

Archangel: Neither are you Jean! You guys are the worst! I'm going to live with Scott and Emma!

Jean: We told you Warren Emma doesn't have Scott it's just a psychic corpse!!

Archangel:YOUR A PSYCHIC CORPSE!!!

Jean: Go to your room!!!

Brilliant... :D

I imagine Gabby suggesting at some point, that they put a blanket over his head to calm him down, Bobby saying that can't possibly work, then Laura and Betsy confirming that it does actually work, just like with birds...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@cattlebattle: it had 2 really good issues out of 5.

Likely an overstatement.

@koays said:

Those issues were the return of Legion and Madrox and retroactively issue one after everything was explained.

It's good because two characters, one that hasn't been interesting in a long while and one who originally served as a plot device for deeper subtext that later grew into an overpowered meme, came back??

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the writer can make the X-men team look like they can go toe-to-toe with the villains cos it feels like the more powerful X-men characters look as helpless as Beast.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

warren: why did you? blah blah blah blah

jean: sleep

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

warren: why did you? blah blah blah blah

jean: sleep

Pretty sure jean won't able to read his mind let alone put him sleep.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want Warren with the metal wings.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, not that interesting of a preview, but it wasn't horrible at least

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It would be so wonderful if we could have the artist from the last issue to do the whole arc. It's not the worst here, but we've regressed from some really beautiful detail work to very flat and basic. I wouldn't mind going back to bi-weekly if it meant higher quality work because the corners they've had to cut to make the deadline are so easy for me to spot.

Not sure how I feel about Warren's reversion back to Archangel after the Astonishing arc where Xavier "fixed" him...twice. Poor guy.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HAWK2916

@cattlebattle: I doubt there will be any good explanation.

I really can't find any true fans who legitimately like this bs. The plot is stupid and the writing itself is as well

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Koays

*Actually recreation of Uncanny issue 6*

Jean: Nate put us down.

X-Man: Firstly I go by X-Man only now, Nate is like my slave name. Second why? Your just gonna attack me again.

Jean: Young man, I said put the X-Men down this instant!

X-Man: But Mom! The X-Men are stopping my utopia!

Jean: That's enough of this Utopia talk Nathaniel! Put the X-Men down and apologize!

X-Man: *grumbles* Dad would let me have my Utopia....You never let me do what i want!

Archangel: I KNOW RIGHT!?!

Jean: Your father's not here anymore, now put the X-Men down before you get a big timeout!

X-Man: Fine! Jeez, that's why Dad would rather hide in a bunker with Cable then hang out with you guys!

Jean: Wait....what?

Archangel: .....Betcha Emma knew.

Jean: GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, jean disowned rachel in extermination & her son "disowned" her?Karma is a bi.....

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:

So, jean disowned rachel in extermination & her son "disowned" her?Karma is a bi.....

You know theres a theory that Rachel and Nate are the same person. They have literally only ever been in the same place in one panel. He was created after she went to the future. Disappeared right before she came back from the future. Resurrected while she was in space. And when she came back they were on opposite sides of the country. Now he's suddenly returned just after Ahab kidnaps her.....hmmm i have questions.

And not one word was ever said to each other
    And not one word was ever said to each other
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, are y'all saying the memories of the O5 merged with their present day counterparts and that's the resolution? Wow. Pretty sure I wrote that exact scenario in some old thread about how to get rid of the O5. Cool. I mean, there was no baby Cable in mine, but cool.

In other news, I think my mutant powers have emerged. I can't control it, but I have instances where I can see fractal-like rainbow portals. Or maybe I'm having a stroke.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Yes. I picture that quite well. Jean even had a conversation with him about in the 90’s, so she will be the most livid about his attitude in my head. Lol!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MY TURN...

Jean: Nate you’re killing people. It’s time to stop what you’re doing and let us help with your special needs.

Nate: No! I’m helping people! Those other people don’t count. It was all necessary.

Jean: No, it was reckless and the exact opposite of peace. You will stop or we will make you.

Nate: Then do it.

Betsy: <I’m not getting through, you?>

Jean: <No. Damn it, it’s like trying to coax a toddler out from under the car.>

Nate: <I heard that.>

Jean: That’s it, you will be punished.

Nate: You gotta catch me first,

*Nate suspends them in mid-air. Cue @koays scene in comment #17*

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate is not a bad guy.

X-men writers, come on guys. Work on your creativity.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: *Meanwhile in the Cable Cave*

Scott: Nathan, what the hell is your brother doing?

Cable: I think this is the point in the timeline when Dani Moonstar dumps him. He doesnt take it well.

Scott: Huh. He says hes dying though.

Cable: Yea but it's like an emotional death.

Scott: Heh, yeah sure that's what your mom said when she died.

Cable: Mom mom or clone mom?

Scott: Phoenix mom.

Cable: Sweet. So what are we doing about this?

Scott: Well first I'm gonna finish this beer. Then I'm thinking I'll watch this Law and Order marathon.

Cable: Dad!

Scott: What? Why do I always have to be the parent here? Rachel's lost in space? I'll send a team. Nates kidnapped by Osborne, I'll send a team. Future you being chased through time by Bishop.. I'll send a freaking team! The first week she decides to stop being dead and be a parent Ahab kidnaps Rachel, you kill yourself and Nate decides to end religion. When do I get my dead time!

Cable: Dad.

Cyclops: FINE. But I'm watching at least four episodes of Law and Order first.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: Wait, what?

Jean disowned Rachel in Extermination? I missed something!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: Its a joke. They are going by the emotionless art and how quickly they skimmed over Rachels being mind-controlled for the.......someteenth time.

Jean has been consistent in being inconsistent when it comes to her and her kids as a whole, starting with Guggenheim.

But to be fair to Jean, she has been rather unfeeling throughout the event of Extermination, except towards teen Scott, Teen Jean, and Hope Summers, so I am chocking it up to an oversight from rushing or a miscommunication between writer and artist.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Ahhh, thank you. I was worried about my reading comprehension taking a face dive or something.

I had noticed the inconsistency as well, but I’m trying to complain less. ;p

Thanks again, Pyro.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: @pyrofn: Lol the overall theme with Jean so far seems to be she has two primary faces. "Thinking" and completely emotionless.

Like if they had her looking even a little bit concerned about Rachel being kidnapped it wouldnt be so bad. But instead shes standing straight up like shes satisfied how everything turned out while Iceman looks completely dumbfounded.

X-Men Red was even worse about it, with her "Storm is being mind controlled" face basically being a mildly bored look.

So either Jean has lost all of her empathy(a defining character trait) and become the personality vacuum that most people who dont read the comics think she is. Or the artist and creative team really aren't clicking on how bad they have been making her look in what should be strong/important character moments that should let us know how she feels.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@ashetdust: @pyrofn:

So either Jean has lost all of her empathy(a defining character trait) and become the personality vacuum that most people who dont read the comics think she is. Or the artist and creative team really aren't clicking on how bad they have been making her look in what should be strong/important character moments that should let us know how she feels.

After all that speech to nova about empathy,she just keep forgetting to "wear" her empathy nanatie,doesn't she?

Maybe jeen forgot to set an alarm for herself to wear the emapathy nanite everytime she go to work.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PyroFN

@koays: @mrnihal: Teen Jean: Huh, I feel like I am forgetting something. Oh well, whatever it was, it won’t be the only thing I’m forgetting. Alright guys, let’s go back to our old selves.

Meanwhile....

Kitty: Jean! Your daughters been kidnapped and turned, Why are you so non-chalant?!

Jean: Eh, Nothing she hasn’t faced before. She’ll be fine.

Deadpool: HEY, YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER IS STABBING ME WITH YOUR DEAD SONS SPEAR THINGY!!!!

Jean: I’ve never been so proud. Ok, time out for you both. *telekinetic time-out box appears*

Iceman: JEAN!! Maddox is attacking a U.S politician.

Jean: Oh god!!! Hold On!!!

*telekinetically gets popcorn*

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: In all seriousness, I’m guessing it’s just a disconnect between artist and writers because aside from Guggenheim’s run, none of Jeans actions are outright spiteful. In fact, her explanation is about why she couldn’t undo what happened to Rachel, so clearly that is a concern to Jean. I think Tom Taylor was the most consistent with Jeans empathy though, so I can’t say for sure if the other writers are gonna choose to go with a different kind of Jean Grey. I’d like to think not based on how empathetic Jean was in Phoenix Resurrection, but you never know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f
    deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I kinda hope they do something different. Jean seems to show less emotion these days. I miss the fire she had in most of her appearances.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: nah, not that time ;) they're ocular migraines. fun stuff.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Its not outright spite. But if the dialogue doesnt convey enough emotion then the images paired with it should pick up the slack. Jean at least looking upset that she couldn't save her wouldve gone a long way. Taylor had a similar problem in that he would write Jean speaking in combat or talking about a dire situation and Jean's face would be completely stoic. I mean even the final battle with Nova has her completely devoid of emotion up until she and Nova charge at eachother even though shes supposedly being attacked telepathically. So I dont know whether to interpret that as Nova attacking her with tp is something Jean can easily manage or if Jean was being strained but they just forgot to show it on her face. She just comes off as very unbothered.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone refresh my memory as to the state of the Age of Apocalypse last we saw it? AoA Weapon X became Apocalypse and Jean used Wanda to hex mutants, but it only kinda worked but then Jean became Apocalypse...or something?

Isn't that what's happening here? Legion created the AoA by killing his father, subsequently "creating" X-Man, and now to set things right he's sent everyone back to the AoA to isolate X-Man's newfound chaotic X-vangelism....so could it be that the Age of X-Man all actually takes place trying to rebuild the Age of Apocalypse?

Could that also be why there's a title fronted by Apocalypse himself who may be leading the counter-culture against X-Man's extreme ideologies?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Indeed. The art was good aesthetically, but it lacked real fluid emoting from the characters, most importantly Jean. That issue with Jean vs Nova was a weird one. One moment, Jean has the snot beaten out of her, the next she is completely fine.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PyroFN

@thunderscream: The AoA timeline should be overrun with Celestials and Death Seed Jean should be fighting them all (her fate unknown beyond that):

•Either she is dead.

•She is still fighting in an unending battle.

•She won and is now in hiding, dealing with the Death Seed, Possibly looking for a cure in an abandoned universe.

Or....

•She loses control, destroys every Celestial and turns their bodies and leftover energy into new technology and amps herself as well. She then builds a new empire on the ashes of the old.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

•She loses control, destroys every Celestial and turns their bodies and leftover energy into new technology and amps herself as well. She then builds a new empire on the ashes of the old.

I'd read that.

Thanks. Would the Infinites still be in operation even after the original Apocalypse is replaced or would they just willingly serve whoever assumed the role? Is this being presented from the current state of the AoA or is it backtracking in the timeline prior to our original introduction to it?

With the mention of Hell...I'm curious if they're gonna milk this Apocalypse and the 4 Horsemen thing to the brim(stone) with Magik either acting as a Horseman of Death (of either Jeanpocalypse or En Saba) or as a fully realized demonic Apocalypse herself.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Yea, Red's last issue is just meh. I get that they wanted Jean to solve the conflict without giving into the hate and violence that she sensed in the world. But the choice to show her so utterly beat up, when shes seemed so unbothered by everything else Nova had done. And then immediately going back to looking unbothered is just amazingly poor art choices since I'm not sure exactly what there trying to convey was the difficulty was for Jean.

Smh it's just very telling that all the books that ended, Extermination and the Exterminated, as well as alot of these Uncanny issues feel rushed while they are giving us Cyclops and Wolverine return images before the current arc has even approached its climax.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: I’d suspect resistance until Jean shows her power against presumably their most powerful member.

Or she does something to reveal herself as Apocalypse, and they follow her after that.

Or she creates a new team of her own and that team fights the Infinite’s.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: The bright side of all this? This rush back to status quo is basically Marvel saying, “Okay, fine. You guys were right all along. The X-Men can come back to form.

“BRISSON! ROSENBERG! GET THOSE O5 COPIES OUT AND BRING THE ORIGINALS. WE ARE GOING BACK TO THE 90’s!!!”

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Jubilee got thrown through a building landed on very unpadded grass and got right back up.....90s powers must be fully activate.

No Caption Provided
    PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: OMG, I NOTICED THAT TOO!

Apparently, where Jean has trouble with a pair of empathic twins until her younger self finds a loophole, Jubilee gets thrown through of what I assume is stone, unless Nate happens to have concrete on standby, and is only slightly dazed, but not enough to prevent her self-motivating speech. I also want to point out that when she landed, she bounced once before landing like someone skipping rocks across a pond. And her clothes and make-up were totally preserved after all that. Gabby has competition.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Lol Gaby only adopted the Mary Sue, Jubilee was born in it, molded by it.

Then again her secondary mutation is that she gets stronger the more 90s the comic is. And seeing as this is an Age of Apocalypse sequel, starring X-Man and including a mostly classic 90s lineup...Jubilee may just be the 3rd biggest heavy hitter here. All we need is a Jim Lee cover and she'll reset the timeline herself with fireworks.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PyroFN

@koays: And she will do it all while being the next world champion gum chewer in rain gear on a sunny day.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@pyrofn: Jubilee got thrown through a building landed on very unpadded grass and got right back up.....90s powers must be fully activate.

No Caption Provided

and has been stated an omega-level mutant.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.