Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

uncanny x-men 21 Discussion (spoilers)

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

you can find the story here: http://xmen-supreme.blogspot.ca/2014_05_01_archive.html

*Storm takes Magik and Cyclops out

*"Dazzler" takes Magik and Cyclops

*Magneto rescues the real Dazzler

*emma worries about scott

*Beast gets captured with cyclops and magik. Also beast looks at a computer and finds out who is behind it but it was a to be continued so you have to wait for the next one

I hate cliff-hangers. It was good

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool I wonder why these heroes are still fighting each other and I also wonder if Dazzle follow Magneto.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy_chrometer:

love the magneto saving dazzler part and also its was cool to see him in uncanny again but i dont think dazzler would join magneto/cyclops team although it would be cool if she did.

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy_chrometer:

love the magneto saving dazzler part and also its was cool to see him in uncanny again but i dont think dazzler would join magneto/cyclops team although it would be cool if she did.

I pretty much agree with you. I also would like to Spiral leave xforce and follow Magneto, Can you imagine? this actually never happened before because when she was in Fredoom Force, Magneto wasn't the leader it was Mystique. I think? Spiral with Magneto will be so great to see one day.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy_chrometer: that would be cool :) but do u like spiral as a good guy or bad guy?????

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So i've got money on Sinister for the big bad, he's got motive and oppurtunity....

Really enjoying the use of the Jean Grey School as the setting for the books the last 2 months.

Also Beast Cyke and Magik weren't captured, they were inside the school

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

So i've got money on Sinister for the big bad, he's got motive and oppurtunity....

Really enjoying the use of the Jean Grey School as the setting for the books the last 2 months.

oh ok thanks. Anyways maybe future beast is the bowl head or maybe future magento. thats my guess.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

oh ok thanks. Anyways maybe future beast is the bowl head or maybe future magento. thats my guess.

I was thinking Sinister because he captured all of the Phoenix 5 that one time....plus he was part of the reason Scott broke out.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

but why would sinister hide his face. Hes crazy about himself like he made a whole place full of himselfs, lol.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

People are STILL reading this GARBAGE!?

Nothing relevant has happened since issue 1.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are STILL reading this GARBAGE!?

Nothing relevant has happened since issue 1.

Accept you know, the capture, replacement and farming of Dazzler. The revelation of Magneto's power loss. The capture of Goldballs. Illyana absorbing an entire dimension. Tempus time traveling to the future. The revelation that Cerebro may be compromised. Scott nearly taking out JGS staff. Magik nearly taking out the JGS staff. An evil attacker who can build sentinels and take control of Helicarriers. And Beast discovering the source of Scott and Magik's power malfunctions.....but otherwise nothing at all.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

How did Beast survive that full on blast feom Cyke?

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@koays: yeah... pretty much nothing. The only relevant and forward moving moment you listed was Beast discovering the source of Scott & Magik's power malfunctions other than that... pointless stupid and a waste of readers money.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@illyanarasputin: lol if Cyclops and Magik's power loss was the only plot line that you cared about or were following within the book then sure your absolutely right.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

looking forward to "Emma and the students versus whatever was that thing falling from the sky". Maybe they'll find out that their broken powers are just a manipulation of that Bubblehead man.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if the bubblehead could be Ahab, Cassandra Nova or Dark Beast?

Maybe its one of the future brotherhood which would be right up Bendis alley to use that garbage.

Alias99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Alias99

@illyanarasputin said:

@koays: yeah... pretty much nothing. The only relevant and forward moving moment you listed was Beast discovering the source of Scott & Magik's power malfunctions other than that... pointless stupid and a waste of readers money.

Hmmm, really? Personally, I have been LOVING this current Bendis run on Uncanny X-Men ... some of the best in my mind! Also, absolutely love the art work of Bachalo! In fact my only real frustration with this run is that they occasionally drop in different artists for an issue or 2, which throws off the character of the run (IMHO).

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Maybe its one of the future brotherhood which would be right up Bendis alley to use that garbage.

Didn't think about Dark Beast but def a possibility with Bendis' obsession with morally questionable Hank McCoy.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yawn. You don't like it, big deal. Lots of people do. To call it a pointless, stupid and a waste of reader's money has leaves a strong impression that you therefore view those readers as stupid too. Bit insulting. Forum posts like yours are what I tend to find pointless and stupid. Thinly veiled contempt, based on a subjective view on what's 'relevant', that doesn't add to the conversation.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hawk2916 said:

Didn't think about Dark Beast but def a possibility with Bendis' obsession with morally questionable Hank McCoy.

What about Sebastian Shaw? He's been out the picture since the end of Generation Hope, where I think he regained his memories of who he was (or at least found the files on himself). He'd know all about sentinels given Shaw Industries involvement with them back in the day. Time for a comeback of the Helfire Club too, given the hellfire kiddies are now out of the picture. Would kind of make sense too, with all the Jean Grey / Phoenix stuff that's been going on recently and has been a theme of Bendis's run on the X-books.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hawk2916 said:

What about Sebastian Shaw? He's been out the picture since the end of Generation Hope, where I think he regained his memories of who he was (or at least found the files on himself). He'd know all about sentinels given Shaw Industries involvement with them back in the day. Time for a comeback of the Helfire Club too, given the hellfire kiddies are now out of the picture. Would kind of make sense too, with all the Jean Grey / Phoenix stuff that's been going on recently and has been a theme of Bendis's run on the X-books.

So some of the Hellfire kids joined the X-Men? I thought Kade Kilgore might make a return someday back in the series along with that other psycho girl Wilma. He didn't die, but he was trapped? (I think last I recalled). Since she is/was the White Queen of that incarnation of the Hellfire club, I would love to see her and Emma Frost interact along with the Stepford Cuckoos. Maybe her psychosis/craziness will not be affected by the telepathy of the SC, because well, she is crazy!

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm looks like a real piece of work in this one; she's not really in a position to criticize anyone since she chilled out and co-signed a lot of the same things that caused the Schism in the first place. It seems like every time she gets a mohawk/weird hairdo, she becomes less likable.

Bright notes: I'm glad Dazzler is back. It seems like I should wait for the next issue, though - I just want to see what Alison does to Mystique. Mystique needs to answer for quite a bit, and I look forward to the levels of hypocrisy that the writers will need to put the characters through to allow her to survive. It's kind of fun at this point :).

Vargulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vargulf
    @hawk2916 said:

Maybe Donald Pierce?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatekey: I think its best if everyone forgets that joke of a hellfire club withthe kiddie's. if there's never another reference to them that would be just fine

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hawk2916 said:

it would be an interesting turn around, considering he'd likely go after Emma for the mindwipe....meaning the book would go from small glimpses of Emma to her being a major plotline.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@ultimatekey: I think its best if everyone forgets that joke of a hellfire club withthe kiddie's. if there's never another reference to them that would be just fine

I thought it was interesting and cool. A bunch of psychotic, smart children/preteens running a wealthy, socially known club. I am guessing you don't read Wolverine and the X-Men much, because Manuel Enduque aka Not-Prodigy or Prodigy look-a-like or the guy who looks like Prodigy, lol. And Maximillian Frankenstein, they joined Jean Grey school of learning, against their will I think. So, them being in the comic is a reference to the Hellfire club when you think about it.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bubblehead is O5 Cyclops. Seems like he got Xornaed too.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#30  Edited By oldnightcrawler

things I liked about this issue:

• Storm and Beast taking charge of the situation. Both of these characters just seem way more in charge of the situation when Wolverine (much as I love him) isn't around running his mouth. Especially like how Beast not only saves Cyclops and Magik from SHIELD, but figures out who the mystery villain is in like two minutes. Nice to see Beast looking like the smart one again, and nice to see Storm looking like the boss.
    • Magneto saving Dazzler was great, especially his genuine disappointment in the Blob. I've missed Magneto as the wild card in this book, and I love seeing his relationship to the new Brotherhood, so this part of the story was pretty satisfying. Also can't wait to see how Dazzler reacts to all this.
    • Quire suggesting they call the cops; I dunno, this kid just cracks me up.

things I didn't like:

• While there were some great story developments and character moments in this issue, it felt like the issue was too light otherwise. I dunno if it's Bendis' plots or Bachalo's art, but scenes just seem like they take too much space. The first four pages seem like they could have easily been 2 or 3, taking a whole page to reveal "Dazzler"'s ultimatum was another waste of space for little effect, the scenes with Magneto and Blob take half a dozen pages that could have been 3 or 4, the two page spread of the school getting shot up could have been a splash page (especially with how many other big, explodey pages are in this issue).. the issue only had 20 pages to begin with, which already feels like a bit of a rip-off, but that it could have fit in 14 or 15 pages just makes it feel like there wasn't enough story.

So while the story developments and character moments felt satisfying, the issue as a whole didn't really. Still, while this isn't the first issue of the series I've noticed this about, I will say I'm still loving the story and can't wait to see where it goes next.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatekey: I didnt care for the kiddie club. I guess some did, but I cant understand it. I want the real deal back. Honestly Im at the point where I hate all things Aaron

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: yea the page count per issue has been a big complaint of mine for a while. Going back you can see that their just isn't much story in a lot of issues as compared to even Bendis' other books... it seems like it may just be because of all the other titles Bendis is on that this one isn't given much

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I've noticed page counts dropping in other X-men books too; not consistently, but it doesn't seem like it's that out of the ordinary for a popular X-men book to only have 20 pages. Maybe marvel figures the X-men are such any easy sell that people will still pay the same price for a few less pages.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't even notice or mind 20 page issues if they actually felt like there was 20 pages of story, but so many books just seem to have so many splash pages (or worse, the dreaded double splash) that it feels like the stories could fit within significantly less pages to begin with. One or two splash pages here and there for effect can be great, but when it feels like the bulk of many issues are built around them, it really just makes for a less satisfying read.

It seems like a small quibble on a book I'm enjoying as much as this one, but it would definitely be a deal breaker on a lot of others.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I get your point. Personally i'm one of those people that gets very irked by splash pages and useless panels when i get to the end of issue earlier then i thought, but even then there were some issues that have about 17 pages of story total in a book that's number one complaint seems to be pacing.

I guess considering the number of X-Men books out at the moment it makes sense to sort of keep them all around 20 issues, (drag us in, but keeps us wanting more) but in terms of quality i think Uncanny, X-Men, and X-Factor could all benefit from an additional page or two.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: yeah, Wood's X-men is another one I've noticed do the same thing. Even with backup stories the issues are still only 20 pages sometimes, which is a drag.

I haven't noticed it in X-factor, maybe just because it feels like more happens in an average issue compared to so many other books. Uncanny' I definitely have noticed a few times, but I still enjoy most issues, I just want more in each one. Uncanny's been one of my favorite and most anticipated books for a while now, so I'd hate to see something like this drag it down.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@illyanarasputin: I agree with you much of the uncanny run has been very slow and filled with issues that are just fillers with no progress of the story also I really dislike pretty much every new mutant that is on cyclops team they seem useless and just have really lame dialogue.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Koays

@oldnightcrawler: Yea, it bothers me that so many of it's detractors would be silenced just by making a small change. But still for however short each issue is, Uncanny still has the most interesting story in X-Men...so it arguably works with what it has.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@oldnightcrawler: Yea, it bothers me that so many of it's detractors would be silenced just by making a small change. But still for however short each issue is, Uncanny still has the most interesting story in X-Men...so it arguably works with what it has.

that's why I keep showing up.

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#40  Edited By Teerack

Did you not read the book? Storm doesn't do anything to Cyclops but yell and complain at him while his powers went haywire and he knock himself out. She shot Magik with lightning while Magik's powers were going crazy and she was begging for them to get away from her because she was in crazy amounts of pain as limbo was busting out of her body. Why to exaggerate much xD

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm nah it was pretty clear that Storm just KTFO'd the both of them with her lightning and with good reason.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Koays

@teerack said:

Did you not read the book? Storm doesn't do anything to Cyclops but yell and complain at him while his powers went haywire and he knock himself out. She shot Magik with lightning while Magik's powers were going crazy and she was begging for them to get away from her because she was in crazy amounts of pain as limbo was busting out of her body. Why to exaggerate much xD

No Caption Provided

Actually its pretty clear, he's even standing up right before the bolt hits.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@teerack said:

He's was propped up by Magik xD

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@koays said:

@teerack said:

Lol....sure he was

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Teerack

@koays said:

@teerack said:

@koays said:

@teerack said:

Lol....sure he was

Hahah you seem to be as oblivious to what was going on in this issue as Storm herself was.

No Caption Provided

Nothing says fair fight like begging and clenching over in pain seconds before getting struck.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Hey, no one said it was fair...just that he went from conscious and standing in one panel, to on the ground knocked out in in the next, and that Storm facilitated the change.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Yeah, but I just thought to say she one shot them when they were already on their last legs sounded a bit misleading and exaggerated. Though I guess 'technically' it is what happened.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.