Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Uncanny X-men 2019 Discussion

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@butterflykyss: her maternal side was traced back to being pristesses, nothing more nothing less. Every humans lineage can be traced back to the dawn of humanity, that doesn't somehow make them genetically related to gods.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: I just made a guess it hasnt been explained yet but stay tuned. bottom line is people said the xoffices would not confirm what was written by coates and that belief is false.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: they didn't confirm anything. If you believe Storm saying she is a goddess and some vague ass statement about a power boost that no longer exists makes her one, then you must also believe Nate was God for the same reasons... and we all know that's not true soooooooo

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are Storm fans so weird and obsessive??

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: no Nate is an omega level mutant, storm is an actual god. you are purposefully ignoring black panther, uncanny 10, and the tweets from the writers of uncanny xmen that she is a LITERAL goddess. so since this is apparent I will bid u farewell as this discussion is pointless.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: weird and obsessive for pointing out confirmation of her being a god in uncanny 10 in a discussion thread about uncanny? why are u so obsessed with her fans?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Ikr. I find Storm to be more impressive because she's so powerful without being what her fans want her to be. She's one of the most powerful mutants on Earth consistently and that apparently is not enough.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By butterflykyss

@lordofallhumans: and what you find impressive about her is great. there is just now more to be impressed by with her character (^_^)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>Makes one post about weird fans

>Is obsessed with her fans

Ok, weirdo.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@butterflykyss: I'm not ignoring them. I'm just not exaggerating and misinterpreting them to cling to my fantasies. Your own comments about Nate, who completely warped her mind and then effortlessly killed her, makes you calling her a real god even more sad. Sad because you only say it to elevate her status among the powerful and yet she had her mind rewritten without effort and was killed just as easily, by a dying mortal mutant.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By butterflykyss

@lordofallhumans: you have to be ignoring them if you conclude after reading those stories she is just a mutant. if you dont like that she is a God that's fine but arguing people are taking these stories out of context is simply wrong.

and gods can die its nothing wrong with that but I'm done with this. it's great after all these years we "weirdo" storm fans statements were confirmed by marvel (xoffices and BP offices). great day to b a storm fan.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: she is just a mutant. How did she become a god? Why do sentinels and Cerebro register her as a mutant. Why couldn't she manipulate unnatural weather, since gods create and manipulate unnatural weather? Can she make it rain without moving moisture from one place to another? She sure couldn't when her tribe thought she was a god. Thor can just make it rain without manipulating existing moisture. So why can't Storm, if she's a god? Is she immortal or virtually immortal? Does she have a healing factor? Superhuman physical stats? Open portals from the place where godhood comes from to Earth? Gods can do that kinda of stuff. What makes her the same? Her mutant powers?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By butterflykyss

@lordofallhumans: ok if u want to discuss this topic further please go to storm thread. I just wanted to celebrate her announcement in the recent uncanny issue without being attacked.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: that's what I thought. She possesses nothing that makes a god a god because she's just a very powerful mutant, not even an omega level mutant. Which you all tried to make her before. Now you try to shit on omega level mutants and call her a god while an omega level mutant just shat on her.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: Stand corrected. If the writer is following that continuity, then I accept it. Still need to wait to see what the limits to this ability is and why she doesn’t tap into it all the time.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By butterflykyss

@pyrofn: no worries beloved. I wouldnt have made that statement based off the issue alone as it could be seen as hyperbole. and agreed it's still early but it was impressive that where magneto, iceman, apocalypse, even jean couldnt do with their power ororo was able to hurt x-legion.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Oh no, not Stormcaster. I’m still hoping that Stormcaster comes back.

According to the Black Panther scans I’ve seen, apparently it was apart of her heritage and since Rosenberg reaffirmed that it is indeed canon in the X-Men, my hands are tied. The rebuttal that still comes up is what the limits are of this ability. If Thor and Hercules are any indication, God’s aren’t infallible and we don’t know how powerful Storm really is in this form beyond what she can do in base form, which at most has been planetary in the 616 and universal in one other reality. (Storms powers are very dependent on the setting)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: Once Storm creates the opening Jean was capable of taking advantage, as we saw once she was in his mind, not only did she and the psychics rip apart the two, but she actually overwhelmed him mental pain that he couldn’t handle.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420  Edited By marvelfan1992
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421  Edited By butterflykyss

@pyrofn said:

@lordofallhumans: Oh no, not Stormcaster. I’m still hoping that Stormcaster comes back.

According to the Black Panther scans I’ve seen, apparently it was apart of her heritage and since Rosenberg reaffirmed that it is indeed canon in the X-Men, my hands are tied. The rebuttal that still comes up is what the limits are of this ability. If Thor and Hercules are any indication, God’s aren’t infallible and we don’t know how powerful Storm really is in this form beyond what she can do in base form, which at most has been planetary in the 616 and universal in one other reality. (Storms powers are very dependent on the setting)

she defeated a universal threat adversary which all her mutant power would not allow her to win. embracing the godhead within her did allow her to. but that is fair.

@pyrofn said:

@butterflykyss: Once Storm creates the opening Jean was capable of taking advantage, as we saw once she was in his mind, not only did she and the psychics rip apart the two, but she actually overwhelmed him mental pain that he couldn’t handle.

it wasnt just Jean though. it was jean, the cuckoos, psylocke, sage and that brain that helped as well. she only showed him what suffering she experienced would cause she wasnt trying to hurt him.

hes clearly being fun. cyclops isn't even in the current uncanny lineup. but to his credit cyclops was considered the most powerful xmen way back in the 69s glory days.

No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: He answered Scott to my question of who was he most excited to bring back on panel. He answered Jean for the most powerful X-Man question. ALthough I dunno if you're joking around lol if so, then disregard the explanation haha

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By butterflykyss

@marvelfan1992 said:

@butterflykyss: He answered Scott to my question of who was he most excited to bring back on panel. He answered Jean for the most powerful X-Man question. ALthough I dunno if you're joking around lol if so, then disregard the explanation haha

i read your post incorrectly my bad. that's fine. it's his opinion which he is entitled to have. it doesnt change the fact ororo is a goddess and in this issue storm was considered the heavy weight who was really the only character able to hurt x-legion by herself.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426  Edited By butterflykyss

@elpendejo: I think the pink form is tbd. extermination mentioned the O5 retained their knowledge but not necessarily the abilities they acquired. jean is still strong even without the pink form and ororo being confirmed a goddess shouldnt be somehow a dig at jean. the xmen have a lot of powerful female characters and I think uncanny was trying to showcase this at different and various ways.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f
    deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: Then i guess the answer is that she can potentially be if she does have that ability. But given the nature of Jean’s powers, she can potentially be was basically always the answer.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elpendejo: I think the pink form is tbd. extermination mentioned the O5 retained their knowledge but not necessarily the abilities they acquired. jean is still strong even without the pink form and ororo being confirmed a goddess shouldnt be somehow a dig at jean. the xmen have a lot of powerful female characters and I think uncanny was trying to showcase this at different and various ways.

I asked JWD if everything that happened to the O5 teens happened to the original adult versions and he said yes so technically Jean does have the pink bendisforce form

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Looks like Uncanny is also getting a mini tie in for the War of the Realms event. About time Marvel remembered Dani Moonstar. She seems to be leading the team but who knows they may just kill her off because they are stupid like that. Don't really know where it fits in or anything with what's happening in the X-books but I think I saw some legacy numbering so who knows what they are doing here.

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#430  Edited By Red_Paladin_

Thanks a lot. :)

Quite alright, happy to help... ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
    deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life Seed Nate vs Death Seed Sentry would be dream matchup.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By PyroFN

@butterflykyss: 1) That’s who I meant when I said “and the psychics”, in my comment.

2) Suffering causes pain. If Jean was giving him a view of all the pain that she had felt, even a glimps, it’s pretty clear that she was indeed aiming to hurt him, but not completely. Still, since this is Nate, one would argue that Nate wouldn’t be affected to begin with which in the end shows how powerful Jean is.

3) Rosenberg is always seemingly cheeky. Given what we know (and excluding the obvious Nate; I’m not counting Legion since he doesn’t know how to use his powers effectively), I’d say it’s still a tie between Jean and Storm, due to the frequency Storm taps into that god-like potential vs Jean effectiveness in her psychic abilities and her pink form hax, assuming the writers remember this ability. (Who knows what happened to Storms psychic defenses)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433  Edited By PyroFN

@butterflykyss: On the subject of pink form tbd, I think that’s a fair assertion, though I think I would assume it’s still apart of her kit. It was pretty clear that once Jean got knowledge on how to beat the twins and reverse their brainwashing, she effectively could use her abilities to accomplish what she needed in swoop. That knowledge came from Teen Jean and it was clear that whatever training Jean had would have taken too long to reverse in that situation without Teen Jeans knowledge. (Jean said she could do it, but they were overwhelmed and didn’t have the time)

Edit: Also noteworthy, Jean was capable of blocking the full force of Storms lightning after Storm was turned into a Hound, in which knocked over Armors giant exosuit, all while keeping out a horde of hounds.

2nd Edit: Scratch That, Jean couldn’t reverse the effects at all until Teen Jean gave her the in.

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@butterflykyss: 1) That’s who I meant when I said “and the psychics”, in my comment.

2) Suffering causes pain. If Jean was giving him a view of all the pain that she had felt, even a glimps, it’s pretty clear that she was indeed aiming to hurt him, but not completely. Still, since this is Nate, one would argue that Nate wouldn’t be affected to begin with which in the end shows how powerful Jean is.

3) Rosenberg is always seemingly cheeky. Given what we know (and excluding the obvious Nate; I’m not counting Legion since he doesn’t know how to use his powers effectively), I’d say it’s still a tie between Jean and Storm, due to the frequency Storm taps into that god-like potential vs Jean effectiveness in her psychic abilities and her pink form hax, assuming the writers remember this ability. (Who knows what happened to Storms psychic defenses)

1. you said jean took advantage of the opening storm allowed when she attacked x-legion. your initial statement appeared to imply jean was able to attack their minds on her own but she was not.

2. fait enough. even if we are to assume she caused him pain that point it was just nate's mind in play and not the combined mind of x-legion. jean still required help to enter the combined mind of Nate (with life seed) and legion. again it's not a slight at jean as she is strong but wasnt strong enough to do any damage to them on her own.

3. I think it's way to early to conclude it's a tie simply because the limits of storm abitlies havent really been tested yet. and Jean's pink form is limited I believe by the psychic energies that she can siphon from those around her right? and is there any proof such abilities would work against gods? I think its just too early to say but both women are powerful in their own way I just think this issue ororo demonstrated how she was more powerful.

@onsipin said:
    @marvelfan1992 said:

@lordofallhumans@pyrofn@butterflykyss@koays@god_spawn@hopesummersforthefuture@onsipin@elpendejo

Matt Rosenberg answered a question I just asked during his little twitter Q&A session haha

No Caption Provided

Well Rosenberg confirmed in some other tweet that someone posted that Storm is a Goddess, yet rates Jean as more powerful. Guess that speaks very highly of Jean's power seeing as to how he wrote the book where people are going crazy over Storm's showings

he wasnt the only writer of the book. kelly Thompson also mentioned that storm stated she was a literal goddess. and Matthew put that in a question mark when he said jean which would mean he putting that out as a question. like jean? I dont know. it's all opinion at any rate. what we do know is that ororo was more powerful this issue.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

1. you said jean took advantage of the opening storm allowed when she attacked x-legion. your initial statement appeared to imply jean was able to attack their minds on her own but she was not.

2. fait enough. even if we are to assume she caused him pain that point it was just nate's mind in play and not the combined mind of x-legion. jean still required help to enter the combined mind of Nate (with life seed) and legion. again it's not a slight at jean as she is strong but wasnt strong enough to do any damage to them on her own.

3. I think it's way to early to conclude it's a tie simply because the limits of storm abitlies havent really been tested yet. and Jean's pink form is limited I believe by the psychic energies that she can siphon from those around her right? and is there any proof such abilities would work against gods? I think its just too early to say but both women are powerful in their own way I just think this issue ororo demonstrated how she was more powerful.

@onsipin said:
    @marvelfan1992 said:

@lordofallhumans@pyrofn@butterflykyss@koays@god_spawn@hopesummersforthefuture@onsipin@elpendejo

Matt Rosenberg answered a question I just asked during his little twitter Q&A session haha

No Caption Provided

Well Rosenberg confirmed in some other tweet that someone posted that Storm is a Goddess, yet rates Jean as more powerful. Guess that speaks very highly of Jean's power seeing as to how he wrote the book where people are going crazy over Storm's showings

he wasnt the only writer of the book. kelly Thompson also mentioned that storm stated she was a literal goddess. and Matthew put that in a question mark when he said jean which would mean he putting that out as a question. like jean? I dont know. it's all opinion at any rate. what we do know is that ororo was more powerful this issue.

@koays@pyrofn my thoughts!!!!! cant wait to see hope on a team with logan and scott........one tried to kill her, one probably thinks shes a traitor(joining the avengers in AvX)

logan didnt want anything to do with hope cause he thought he would have to kill her one day........also he blamed her for kurt's death....

jean values hope, so if scott or logan want a future with jean they have to "get along with hope"

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: 1) “Once Storm creates the opening Jean was capable of taking advantage, as we saw once she was in his mind, not only did she and the psychics rip apart the two....”

My comment word for word.

2) Definitely not. She didn’t even intentionally stay behind from what I can tell. Either in the madness she was accidentally left behind or Nate trapped her in his head. Either way, Jean at the level she was operating on couldn’t cut it. I also suspect she was trying not to expend to much energy because of how powerful Nate and Legion are. Being that she was still standing after getting overpowered multiple times against Nate. Same with Storm until Nate pissed her off.

3) Very True. And yes, Jean is indeed dependent on surrounding psychic energies, though the distance it covers is unclear as well since we know Jean has extended her telepathy worldwide before, but in the instance of this psychic form, it was done by Teen Jean Who was limited by immediate surroundings.

As for whether it works on gods, I believe it is safe to assume so since Jean has not only siphoned from non-psychics, but from Galactus and Phoenix who are comparable to gods. (Though I bargain it probably is much more effective with psychics around since Galactus and Phoenix are psychics in technicality)

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@butterflykyss: 1) “Once Storm creates the opening Jean was capable of taking advantage, as we saw once she was in his mind, not only did she and the psychics rip apart the two....”

My comment word for word.

2) Definitely not. She didn’t even intentionally stay behind from what I can tell. Either in the madness she was accidentally left behind or Nate trapped her in his head. Either way, Jean at the level she was operating on couldn’t cut it. I also suspect she was trying not to expend to much energy because of how powerful Nate and Legion are. Being that she was still standing after getting overpowered multiple times against Nate. Same with Storm until Nate pissed her off.

3) Very True. And yes, Jean is indeed dependent on surrounding psychic energies, though the distance it covers is unclear as well since we know Jean has extended her telepathy worldwide before, but in the instance of this psychic form, it was done by Teen Jean Who was limited by immediate surroundings.

As for whether it works on gods, I believe it is safe to assume so since Jean has not only siphoned from non-psychics, but from Galactus and Phoenix who are comparable to gods. (Though I bargain it probably is much more effective with psychics around since Galactus and Phoenix are psychics in technicality)

1. I think the more appropriate response would have been "Once Storm creates the opening the telepaths were capable..." Your initial statement gives the impression Jean was doing the feat on her own.

2. Jean getting left behind was not of her control but the telepaths initially breaching x-legion mind occurred with the help of all the telepaths and not just jean alone is my point.

3. Though galactus and Phoenix are comparable to gods they are not gods and her attempting to manipulate divine energy could be more taxing on her or she my not be able to do it at all. just as x-legion had the power of gods they were not real gods.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: 1) I see. The telepaths were just an afterthought to me, but so long as we understand what I really meant, I think we’re good.

2) I never intended to give the impression it was Jean alone. Nonetheless, it isn’t entirely out of the question to speculate that Nate may have took Jean hostage to talk to her while the telepaths exited out.

3) True to an extent. Jean wouldn’t be manipulating divine energy, just psychic. No different from Jean not manipulating the cosmic energy within Galactus or Phoenix, but rather just the psychic energy. I do think there is a clear difference between psychic power and divine power. I suppose they can intersect, but I believe Jeans form would have no effect on the divine energy. Only the psychic power that the god emanates.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

1. yes we are on the same page now.

2. that's possible that he did that to talk to Jean and it makes sense that he would on context of the story. however, my main point was that ororo was the only xmen individually who could hurt x-legion which this is primarily due to her shooting a divine blast of lightning.

3. but would that psychic energy attack be effective against a god is my question. I'm taken back to when the xmen fought adversary for the first time and he reminded them that their attacks were physical in nature and wouldn't hurt him. the same I would think would be true of her trying to attack a god with psychic energy.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: Perhaps. Then again, we also have Rachel vs Thor and Jean vs Hercules, where their telekinetic and telepathic Powers did work. (Though Thor sid have psychic defenses to keep Rachel out, it didn’t seem to affect her the way it did Phoenix Emma. Meanwhile, back when Jean was in her cocoon, she uses her telepathy to tell them to stay back while owning all of the Avengers with her telekinesis.

It might simply depend on the god in question.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @marvelfan1992: @koays can we all just back track for a second......

what we know: nate is dying and jean seems to be the only one who knows....

--scott once sacrificed his own life to ave nate who is a AU son and shouldnt matter (XP)

sage had a small part but she didnt even get to say a word wth???

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I do recall rachel being able to knock thor down but he was able to get right back up and was about attack rachel before namor I believe interrupted. I'm not sure about the jean instances you mentioned but nonetheless even at base level storm has been able to counter telepathy and telekinesis with her mutant abilities. all in all, we are getting side tracked. I only made my original post to say I was happy uncanny 10 confirmed storm was a goddess, which many said the xoffices would never confirm.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444  Edited By PyroFN

@butterflykyss: I was thinking of the Wolverine and the X-Men issue rather than the Avengers Issue.

Yes, people did, including I myself. (Not In absolution, But In probability and I was indeed wrong about that)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I do recall rachel being able to knock thor down but he was able to get right back up and was about attack rachel before namor I believe interrupted. I'm not sure about the jean instances you mentioned but nonetheless even at base level storm has been able to counter telepathy and telekinesis with her mutant abilities. all in all, we are getting side tracked. I only made my original post to say I was happy uncanny 10 confirmed storm was a goddess, which many said the xoffices would never confirm.

Yeah. The X-office confirmed, hurray!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Archangel remains Archangel so he'll always look very interesting.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm too lazy to go through the pages of this thread. Can somebody tell me what exactly is Nate's plan?

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@iamre321 said:

@pyrofn you read the new annual yet?? Damn Cable is a ruthless SOB...

Also I bet @hopesummersforthefuture loved it...

Also @mrnihal see? Even Scott admits he was wrong...

Cyclops was right regardless of if he realizes it or not. He wasn't the hero they deserved but he was the hero they needed or what ever lol

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Lol he's not the Dark Knight...

He went against Xavier's dream and everything the X-men stood for. I know the world isn't all rainbows and sunshine and I know he had to make some tough calls but that makes him a survivor it doesn't make it a hero.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.