Uncanny X-Men #11 preview

• 67 results
#1 Posted by JeannieH (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't see one so began this.

Beardclops and a nod to Jean's waitress moment in PR!

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the colorist style.

@jeannieh said:

No Caption Provided

Henry Cavill?

#3 Posted by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by AsheTDust (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Hoodies: the next best thing to glasses in hiding your secret identity.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#5 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9167 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Koays (10986 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh spit. Blindfold? Blindfold and Scott???

Is she here because Legion was taken over or is she here because she's been helping Scott?

The plot freaking thickens....

Is that Kid Cable?

#7 Posted by AsheTDust (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9167 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

Is she here because Legion was taken over or is she here because she's been helping Scott?

Is that Kid Cable?

i thought it was kid cable but he wouldnt "Try to kill scott"......so maybe its not him.....

blindfold and legion have been over for years......funny how legion "died" eveyone said blindfold would be pregnant with his kid and she wasnt LOL

scott's beard is too dark(looks like a homeless drifter), it looks better like this

@hopesummersforthefuture:

LOL! I’ll have to use “coffee wench” the next time I go to Starbucks.

dont u hate it when they get ur coffee order wrong..........why is she wearing the jean's waitress outfit from phoenix resurrection ?? its supposed to be a reminder but its annoying

No Caption Provided

#9 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9167 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the colorist style.

@jeannieh said:

No Caption Provided

Henry Cavill?

lol those kids already got beaten up by scott ........thats why when they see him the second time they run away .....LOL @pyrofn

#10 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio

A friendly advice to those who posted full scans,it's not allowed anymore.

And too good job marvel,releasing an unlettered preview before the actual preview to hype it up.

And apparently wolverine will get 20 page story in #11 too,lol.

#11 Posted by Supermanthor (16319 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

Is that Kid Cable?

Blindfold is there because she also has eye issues. hahaha :)

#14 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9167 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal said:

A friendly advice to those who posted full scans,it's not allowed anymore.

And too good job marvel,releasing an unlettered preview before the actual preview to hype it up.

And apparently wolverine will get 20 page story in #11 too,lol.

i do a lot of scans and i dont get kicked out

i think it only applies if u use the scan for baiting(being a troll)

#15 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Supermanthor (16319 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: @supermanthor: Yes.This should've been uncanny relaunch,disassembled being it's own thing,like extermination.

wonder who thought that starting with disassembled arc would be a good idea

#18 Posted by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: Prefer Scott with or without a beard?

#20 Posted by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9167 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

his sunglasses is too bright.......

#22 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) *sunglasses are too bright.

2) Asked about Scott’s beard.

3) There is irony in that statement, I swear.

4) How dark are his sunglasses supposed to be? They aren’t exactly normal sunglasses for blocking sunlight.

#24 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9167 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

4) How dark are his sunglasses supposed to be? They aren’t exactly normal sunglasses for blocking sunlight.

No Caption Provided

should be this beard<<<<< nice manscaping there.......the sunglasses looks to dark in this pic, a little lighter, medium

and ha ha cyclops sunglasses is too "bright" ......double meaning .......hes smart and his specs are smart-looking ......cue "sharp dressed man" song LOL

#25 Posted by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by McKlayn (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Greg land cyclops was ok, i dont mind the darker beard though i think considering he is prolly in hiding, trying to look different and not exactly staying in a 5 star hotel or what not it makes sense

#27 Posted by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: Here’s a throwback:

Jean teases Scott in issue one of Blue on how she thought he would look good with a hipster beard. Scott asked her if she meant it, as if he’d consider, and she said no.

#28 Posted by McKlayn (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@mcklayn: Here’s a throwback:

Jean teases Scott in issue one of Blue on how she thought he would look good with a hipster beard. Scott asked her if she meant it, as if he’d consider, and she said no.

LOL, i still say Adult jean already knows hes alive. I say when she took pixie away she called Wolverine and Scott both and it just hasn't been shown on panel yet

#29 Posted by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: Since this takes place after return of Wolverine, I’d say Jean probably does know where Logan is, even if Logan has told nobody. It’s probably also likely that she knows that Scott is around, though I don’t think she knows exactly where even telepathically. Scott has obviously been adamant about keeping himself hidden and it could be just as likely that Scott and Kid Cable have meeting places separate from Scott’s personal hideouts. Scott also knows how to deal with telepaths, so he could figure out a way to mask his presence from Jean enough to not direct her attention to him, unless she were specifically looking for him. Maybe Jean found him in that very moment she called all the X-Men?

#30 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

With beard of course.

#31 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@mcklayn: Since this takes place after return of Wolverine, I’d say Jean probably does know where Logan is, even if Logan has told nobody. It’s probably also likely that she knows that Scott is around, though I don’t think she knows exactly where even telepathically. Scott has obviously been adamant about keeping himself hidden and it could be just as likely that Scott and Kid Cable have meeting places separate from Scott’s personal hideouts. Scott also knows how to deal with telepaths, so he could figure out a way to mask his presence from Jean enough to not direct her attention to him, unless she were specifically looking for him. Maybe Jean found him in that very moment she called all the X-Men?

Scott was trying out the magneto helmet jean/stark made,he missed the call.

#32 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9167 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

but scott seems so different .......maybe a effect from "exterminate" how the adults gained there younger selves memories......(still a good part when the O4 are toasting to scott, they still dont know hes alive)........he doesnt seem to have the "RightClops" attitude....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

the second panel: some fan speculation jeen knows scott's alive .....hinting in the pic.......yet adult jean knows nothing or maybe shes pretending to not know anything??? o.0

#33 Posted by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) Teen Scott isn’t adult Scott at that point in time. And Adult Scott didn’t breathe a word. You can’t characterize our Scott off the Teen version when so much happened to get Scott to where he is. Memories don’t change someone that quickly. It takes practice to get rid of certain habits and convictions.

2) That’s exactly what me and @Mcklayn are talking about. We believe Jean does know that Scott’s alive. Mcklayn thinks she knows exactly where he is and I think she doesn’t know exactly where, but is aware that he is alive.

#34 Edited by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

No Caption Provided

should be this beard<<<<< nice manscaping there.......the sunglasses looks to dark in this pic, a little lighter, medium

and ha ha cyclops sunglasses is too "bright" ......double meaning .......hes smart and his specs are smart-looking ......cue "sharp dressed man" song LOL

he's straight.

#35 Posted by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Why does that sound ironic when I say it out loud?

#36 Edited by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: I thought he was ahead of his time and Jean simply mass-produced it. (Via Stark Enterprises that is)

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/1/15659/2438735-cyclops_magneto_helmet_astonishing_x_men_46.jpg

#37 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9167 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@mrnihal: I thought he was ahead of his time and Jean simply mass-produced it. (Via Stark Enterprises that is)

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/1/15659/2438735-cyclops_magneto_helmet_astonishing_x_men_46.jpg

i thought.......what is it made of anyways??? lol marvel probably doesnt even know.......it dont make sense.....how does metal protect u from telepathy ??? i heard tin foil can block out alien mind probes but thats a different story LOL

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) Teen Scott isn’t adult Scott at that point in time. And Adult Scott didn’t breathe a word. You can’t characterize our Scott off the Teen version when so much happened to get Scott to where he is. Memories don’t change someone that quickly. It takes practice to get rid of certain habits and convictions.

2) That’s exactly what me and @Mcklayn are talking about. We believe Jean does know that Scott’s alive. Mcklayn thinks she knows exactly where he is and I think she doesn’t know exactly where, but is aware that he is alive.

lol i wanted adult jean and scott to be secretly seeing each other and dating LOL and jean doesnt tell the others hes alive lmao

#38 Edited by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: According to the Ultimate Universe, where they have an explanation for the helmet, it’s wired with technology inside that keeps protection from all but the most powerful telepathic attacks. As far as the 616 goes, I don’t know, but the idea of a telepathic proof helmet comes from the movies and later installed into the Ultimate Universe before the 616. So, my guess the 616 helmet is the same way, but it’s specualtion on my part.

#39 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9167 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by JeannieH (180 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

Is that Kid Cable?

i thought it was kid cable but he wouldnt "Try to kill scott"......so maybe its not him.....

blindfold and legion have been over for years......funny how legion "died" eveyone said blindfold would be pregnant with his kid and she wasnt LOL

scott's beard is too dark(looks like a homeless drifter), it looks better like this

@ashetdust said:

@hopesummersforthefuture:

LOL! I’ll have to use “coffee wench” the next time I go to Starbucks.

dont u hate it when they get ur coffee order wrong..........why is she wearing the jean's waitress outfit from phoenix resurrection ?? its supposed to be a reminder but its annoying

No Caption Provided

It is possible Scott asked Kid Cable to keep an eye on him while he did some recon. Wolverine may have mistaken Kid Cable to be a mercenary out to hunt Scott and may have jumped his guns for that. Is Greg Land the artist for this?

Yes, the waitress is a nod to Jean PR. Not sure why Cyclops was in hiding all this time when the X-Men have been fighting Ahab and Nate Grey. That is unlike him, no?

#41 Posted by JeannieH (180 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Scott's face on those middle panels makes me think he's shocked for a moment when the waitress gives him his coffee. "Wait, Jean? ...Oh Nvm.

I think it was intentionally done, but then again Scott knows Jean is alive sooooooo why would he think she is serving coffee.

#42 Edited by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) I never said anything about Jean hating Scott. Not being in a relationship with someone is not the same as hating someone.

2) Scott didn’t say everything he did was a mistake. He merely apologized that it happened to Jean and that it ruined them. Scott so far has not shown regret in the sense that you mean. Scott doesn’t need to feel regret for going with Emma, he just needs to feel regret for how he treated Jean and he did. Bygones are bygones, the world goes round, and people move on.

3) Even if Scott did regret being with Emma, that doesn’t guarantee a relationship with Jean.

*sips tea and spits it out*

#43 Posted by Koays (10986 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeannieh: He lived in her head when he was supposed to be dead.

#44 Posted by JeannieH (180 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@jeannieh: He lived in her head when he was supposed to be dead.

Sorry, I don't follow. He lived in her head, you mean Jean thought of him, his memory or something entirely different? Transferred his consciousness like Xavier did?

#45 Posted by Koays (10986 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeannieh: Legion physically lived inside of Blindfolds head after he faked his death.

#46 Posted by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: @del_torro: @lordofallhumans: @Mcklayn: Thank you @hopesummersforthefuture. That link just gave official confirmation to me that Phoenix was indeed responsible for severing the connection between Jean and Annie.

Now comes the question that prompted me to call all of you here:

What scan is it that they are speaking of where we see Phoenix do this? Or at least infer this?

It’s an important moment that starts the Phoenix relationship with Jean and I’ve seen this little fact mentioned, but can’t find it on anything official beyond that link Hope just posted, which I know isn’t the only place where it’s mentioned.

#47 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9167 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@koays: @del_torro: @lordofallhumans: @Mcklayn: Thank you @hopesummersforthefuture. That link just gave official confirmation to me that Phoenix was indeed responsible for severing the connection between Jean and Annie.

Now comes the question that prompted me to call all of you here:

What scan is it that they are speaking of where we see Phoenix do this? Or at least infer this?

It’s an important moment that starts the Phoenix relationship with Jean and I’ve seen this little fact mentioned, but can’t find it on anything official beyond that link Hope just posted, which I know isn’t the only place where it’s mentioned.

i thought it just said ........when she first unleashed her power after/during annie's death, it notice jean

#48 Edited by McKlayn (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@jeannieh: Legion physically lived inside of Blindfolds head after he faked his death.

Honestly I kind of enjoyed the Legion solo, it was strange and twisted but yea i did not hate it

#49 Posted by Koays (10986 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: wait I'm lost what scan are we looking for and too prove what?

#50 Posted by PyroFN (5935 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: That it was the Phoenix Force that severed Jeans connection with Annie when she was ten. (Or was it twelve?) There are statements made about it and hopesummersforthefuture gave a link to Marvel.com that states it did happen. It’s more of a matter of whether here is a scan alluding to it or if it was merely common knowledge spread from a handbook or writer or something. Just wanna know where it started.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.