Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 12901 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Time to bring back a New Mutants ongoing?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

OK so keeping in mind the upcoming New Mutants movie,it feels like it's time for another New Mutants ongoing. Most of the characters from the New Mutants are missing from the x-books these days. Magik had been featured for a while, and there have been cameos by Moonstar and Cannonball and Sunspot have been in some Avengers books which is not the same. I've seen quite a few posters on other sites mention how they want Al Ewing to be the writer. I can't say I agree or disagree. I haven't been a fan of USAvengers and really have not read it. I've only read a little bit of the Ultimates but dropped it pretty quickly . Seems like Keiron Gillen would be a good fit though and so would Peter David or Mike Carey. Even Brian Wood and Kyle/Yost would seem like a decent fit too. Aside from best fit as for as a writer..... I think a distinct mission statement is important, something that distinguishes the book from other ones.

All that said.....

Who would you want in the team?

Who should be the writer?

What should be the team premise or mission statement?

KingKarate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'd like that.

MacDio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be nice to see the original New Mutants return. Since this is going to be Fox and not the MCU, they will probably wait to see how successful the movie is before they capitalize on it, much like the did with Logan.

Look at how small the words
    Look at how small the words "Old Man" are written now

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Zeb Wells did a good job on reassembling the New Mutants in a logical way without it being distracting in way of "wow we're all here to fight some old school foe from our good ol times even when non of characters make sense to be here at all but still, convenience and stuff" so to me as long as there's a logically acceptable reunion stands at the core of this gathering (and subsequently good story as well duh) I don't think any of us can oppose this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't know what circumstances would bring them back together. They're also too old and experienced to be in a book titled 'New Mutants'. I can maybe see Magik, Cannonball, Karma, Dani, Doug, and Warlock getting back together. Sunspot is doing his own thing. Wolfsbane is a mess these days, and she just received a weird secondary mutation in X-Men Blue. No thanks.

Not sure what the team would even do. My expectations for modern superhero comics are so low. They could do some shitty arc with Arcade and Impossible Man for all I care. Give it some decent art and character interactions and I'd be satisfied.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yeah...not campaigning for a title or team name to be New Mutants, I was more or less talking about the characters from the original series, which is why I mentioned the movie. If they are to be a team they could be called whatever, that really wasn't the point. Seems like people are getting hung up on that but I just couldn't list them all by name in the title of the thread, so what I'm talking about is the characters from the New Mutants books.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I liked how in Zeb Well's New Mutants run, they were always only referred to as and treated like a team of X-Men. I don't mind the book being called "New Mutants" as long as they reunite the old line-up, but they shouldn't be treated as such.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The characters from the original New Mutants should be nowhere near the X-Men books unless they are going to be he X-Men. A detail I have actually been wishing for for years actually.

The arc of characters like Sunspot and Cannonball has kind of been distilled anyways, they started off in the New Mutants as training to be the next generation of X-Men, then, later, in X-Force, they trained to be more militant as Cable thought the foreseeable future or mutants would have been more rigorous than anything the X-Men had trained for...and the end of result of all this training is being dude bros who are also part time Avengers...well, at least Bobby became the president of AIM or whatever.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: What did they do to Rahne in X-Men Blue?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would definitely read that.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what, I can agree that being called New Mutants at this point is quite sad.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

USAvengers sucks hard, and so did the previous version New Avengers or something. It is one of the worst Marvel books out at the moment. Even Secret Empire tie-ins are awful. Everything about that team and new AIM served its purpose with Hickman's story. I simply hate it, can't really convey how shit that book is. Good rant.

OT, New Mutants ongoing would be good so long as it is nothing like/has nothing to do with USAvengers.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#15  Edited By McKlayn

Uncanny X men :-p DO IT, Make Cannonball Lead the uncanny X men.

Make them a pseudo version of X factor, maybe backed by the government due to Cannonball and Sunspots new Avenger ties, an All Mutant Team to deal with mutant issues.

Cannonball leader, Karma, Dani, I'd prolly stretch out after that though add like some other X men that need attention Chamber, Blink, Rockslide maybe idc hellion and surge im open for suggestions any that arent getting proper attention while Marvel does this whole redo of the O10 (original 10 you know original 5 + Claremonts Giant Sized new x men Storm, Wolverine, Kitty, Colossus, and Nightcrawler) Maybe Maddox (he might be dead though im really behind on stuff) but yea and if they can think of some abstract way to put Ruby Summers in I'd be game for that too

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.