Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Thoughts on current Emma

• 52 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

Since the Death of Cyclops, Emma Frost hasn’t been treated very well, she became a villain in Inhumans vs X-Men event. She still villain in X-Men Blue. She not as important to Marvel as she once was.

No Caption Provided

So with that in mind, I have few questions.

First of all does Emma deserve better, should this of been Emma time to shine in comics without Scott Summers being around.

Or Does Emma frost deserve this treatment, is it long overdue. are people happy that she being treated badly, since scott death.

I would like Jean and Scott fans to think about it, Particular Jean Grey fans. Emma replace Jean in the comics. It was Emma and Scott in the spotlight, while the real Jean grey was rotten in comic limbo for years. Emma Frost was in the spotlight for 14 years, she never disappears from the spotlight within those 14 years, while that happen most of other popular X-ladies disappear from the spotlight or were badly treated

Is anyone disappointed that, when the real Jean return, Scott was dead and Emma is villain, no longer with the X-Men, there no longer a couple. Does it seem like Marvel are going make it too easy when the real Scott and the real Jean are reunited. Its seems too easy.

What do you guys think ?

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I like Emma as a villain. I think she can be a lot of fun that way.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I hate it. I think the reason for her villainy was done terribly and it completely back tracks her growth as a character.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don’t think it should’ve been Emma’s time to shine without Scott per se since she has never really relied on Scott to begin with when it came to having presence and prestige. Her turning into a villain definitely could and should have been handled better.

Emma being Jeans replacement is not something she can be blamed for. She has her faults, but that is to be expected from an ex-villain with looser morals.

As for Emma currently, she is working on Mothervine, with some reservations about who she is working with, so I think she is finally in a better place than the madhouse she was before. Bunn seems to characterize how she doesn’t trust the people she is working with aside from Havok (Though she may be questioning him as well), but needs them for a means to an end in benefit of mutants. That is Emma, not the woman that lost her mind after her ex died from sickness which caused her to kill Inhumans.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma at least for me is more interesting now than when she was with scott and immediately following his demise

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it would be ironic and out of character for both but i think it would be really fun if emma would join the red team.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GladeusEx

She's still an integral X-Men character, but she's not being used as the main draw for comics any more. You'll rarely see her on the cover of an X-Men book, let alone as the leader of an X-Men team.

Her path of anti-villainy isn't terrible. If any X-Man had to convert to something a little more ruthless, Emma and Havok are good choices in that regard. I do actually think - considering we have X-Men Red, Blue, Gold, Cable, Rogue/Gambit, Wolverine, Generation X, etc etc, that she should have had a team book or solo series. None of the origin story stuff that flopped, but but a series more directly puts her at the forefront.

Overall though, wish that they'd treat her as a credible threat. In recent memory, she's basically lost against Teen Jean twice, practically lost IvX, and got curb stomped by the Phoenix Force. Cassandra Nova is a credible threat, Mojo was a credible threat for a while .... and.... errrr, I think the credible X-Men threats end there. Sentinels aren't threats, Purifiers aren't threats, Venom symbiotes are just plain fickle.

Overall, if you want to make Emma a hero, give her a team to lead. If you want to make Emma a villain, actually make her challenge the heroes.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I know right? It's almost as if the writers didn't read anything bendis wrote 4 years ago.

MacDio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma is a very contradictory character that never should of been turned into a "hero" to begin with. Personally I do not care what happens to her and rarely am I ever invested in any of her stories.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Emma deserves better than the treatment she’s been given recently, in fact I’d like to see her starring in a regular title again. I’m just not sure which one.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

She deserves better. But, Marvel will probably put her in an X-Men team...X-Men: White.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

IVX was horrible and her treatment has been terrible. But then again the way she joined in the first place left alot to be desired as far as an explanation anyway. At this point I think most writers have done irreparable damage to quite a few of the Xmen anyway so it's kind of hard to even still care

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gladeusex: Taken down by Teen Jean twice? That was with help of Scott and the Cosmic Cube shard while playing on Emma’s morals on the situation, so Jeen didn’t do it alone or out of pure skill to compare to Emma. The only other time before that I can remember in a Teen Jean vs Emma Fight was back in All-New X-Men while Emma’s powers were broken. Beyond that, I have no idea what you mean.

IvX was complete crap and Emma deserves better.

Why is getting curbstomped by the Phoenix mentioned for Emma losing credibility? Emma shouldn’t have lasted as long as she did against the Force, being the last psychic standing aside from Teen Jean is hardly anything to lower her credibility. Especially since Green Phoenix Jean Grey curbstomped her in the Saga, was curbstomped by Jean in New X-Men without Phoenix, curbstomped by Jean while wielding the Phoenix in Endsong, and getting her Phoenix piece stolen from Cyke of all people in AvX. If anything, facing the Phoenix and living should be considered a boost in credibility.

Emma though has been behind the scenes, so we have yet to see where she is on the level of psychic prowess in comparison to her previously. She did notably pull a Jean Grey by temporarily boosting Havoks powers in a fight against Magneto. I like how Bunn utilized it for Teen Jean and how whoever was writing Jean Grey back in the Revolution era utilized that ability and I still love the cleverness of it when Emma uses it.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macdio: Contradictory? How? She has always been a character passionate about excelling in prestige and power for herself and her students. That didn’t change when she became a hero. How do you see Emma Frost?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: True. At least with Emma when she joined the heroic side, it was to benefit herself in safety, power, and as a teacher. The move in IvX was not as calculating and was totally out-of-character.

My glimmer of hope for Emma here is that Bunn is displaying her calculator nature now that the O5 are lost in space temporarily with her uncertainty with the partnership for Mothervine seeming like a necessary evil and Emma’s capability against Magneto when she amped Havok in the fight psychically. She feels a little more like herself. I hope we get progression rather than regression.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I'm pretty sure that Emma was the one with the cosmic cube fragment, so the scales technically should have been in Emma's favor. The second instance is when Teen Jean - with the help of ghost Jean - traipses about in Emma's mind. That was basically two on one. But overall, two scenarios, and Emma is on the bottom.

IvX was hella forced and is basically erased from ever being brought up, but I still recognize it happened.

I mean, Emma was a Phoenix avatar for a while. She's had been keeping a sliver of it for a while, yet Teen Jean basically surfs it with a paddle. Given the circumstances, sure, it's Teen Jean's book and Emma isn't the chosen one and all, but put the circumstances aside and it's almost like Emma is never meant to win. And anti-villains who never win are basically pointless.

And the whole potential unlock part is great, but they basically had to make Magneto god tier for a moment for it to be necessary. I suspect they didn't want Emma to straight up mind control him, because that would have been temporary, too easy, and wouldn't allow for a Bastion/Ms Sinister/Havok fight.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@pyrofn: well wake me when it's over. I'm done with this bs for now and will only follow on the forums. Ive been choosing to speak with my wallet for the past year and a half or so

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By adamTRMM

Terrible... I mean, what is this character even about now?

Thinking about it, what are all of the X-men about?

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

Meh.....if you are gonna turn her into villain do it properly give her complexcity, relatibility, decent thoughts process and actual reasons that are logical and make sense, but the methods and executions of those are horrible, thus the villainess part and so on and so forth, give her basic good villain characteristics, and actual reasons to turn her from hero into anti-hero/villain, when you try this you should do it properly so that it actually makes sense, instead of smelling like horsesh**, but so far Marvel fuc*** up that part, be it IvX, Death of X, and so on.... none of those comics did proper job of that, but then, again, most of those comics were pure garbage in a first place.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

IVX was horrible and her treatment has been terrible. But then again the way she joined in the first place left alot to be desired as far as an explanation anyway. At this point I think most writers have done irreparable damage to quite a few of the Xmen anyway so it's kind of hard to even still care

Yep, hence why most of X-writers should be fired and replaced by decent writers which can fix thy problem, there is no other option left, with each year this situation becomes worse and worse, there is a gonna be a turning point that the damage would be unfixable......

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@adamtrmm said:

Terrible... I mean, what is this character even about now?

Thinking about it, what are all of the X-men about?

1. Bunn tried to pull of the whole trying to help/save mutantkind but with different methods, i could dig it a bit (while IvX, DoX and etc.. turned her into some mentally unstable nutcase obssessed with Cyclops with some fetishist outfit and totally villainous mindset ie being villain for the sake of villainy), but then her original turning point into this specific aspect was done horribly, IvX, DoX, and so on basically you know those titles and how much of garbage those were, the groundwork for Emma's turning sides was done crappily thus as said if the foundation is weak, then the house will fall, Bunn is trying to help out that house, but he can't change the fundamental foundation (which was garbage) laid by others, thus overall it will fall, Bunn is merely slowing down the process.

2. Honestly, i have no idea, we could make excuses regarding this one, but then those would be just excuses, and not actual points, if you remove these last years from X-timeline, then well it would be no different, nothing valuable happened overall.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum:

Bunn plays too much by the rules even when there's no rules at this point. He's trying to make sense out of some really deep ass pulls even though long term it only hurts his own storytelling. I mean, observing all of his X-work, it becomes evident. So yeah, just like you said, you don't build on an effed up foundations... you only end up being dragged down by it, sooner or later.

It's the whole company, they simply can't figure it out. As of now, being not just an X-fan, but overall Marvel fan is simply embarrassing, but hey MCU will save them right? I guess that's the sentiment out there lol

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Bunn plays too much by the rules even when there's no rules at this point. He's trying to make sense out of some really deep ass pulls even though long term it only hurts his own storytelling. I mean, observing all of his X-work, it becomes evident. So yeah, just like you said, you don't build on an effed up foundations... you only end up being dragged down by it, sooner or later.

Yeah, at this point Bunn should have realized that Marvel has no rules, i mean it has been for at least 5 years and true while he tries to do something one way or another, all he does is just slow down the armageddon, and overall it just hurts the narrative of his stories, in general, thus the quality drops and Bunn is sadly one of few decent X-writers that we are left, if this actually continues Marvel might as well break Bunn, which is not a good thing

Personally, Bunn should drop that house with O-5, Emma and other crap which came from other books, and just do what he wants to do, a self-contained X-stories, only with his own narrative with no influences from those crappy X-books. It should be this way till other X-titles get decent writers instead of the crappy ones we sadly have right now.

It's the whole company, they simply can't figure it out. As of now, being not just an X-fan, but overall Marvel fan is simply embarrassing, but hey MCU will save them right? I guess that's the sentiment out there lol

True words, Marvel fuc*** up big time, all because of their shi*** SJW agenda, it all started from that (as well as Bendis being an X-book writer, was a trash idea in a first place), thus as you said being Marvel fans is just embarassing nowdays, - Marvel should fire editors like Brevoort, Quesada and many others, the problem stems from them, if we get decent editors who actually decent job, then well the writers would be forced to drop their agenda and write proper comics, we know that writers can pull it of, i mean Waid and Aaron can write solid comics, but nowdays all of their comics is nothing but cancer, if Marvel's editorial mandate changes, then well writers wouldn't have that much freedom to force their agendas.

But I doubt MCU will save them really, sure it will boost their popularity and give new views, but comics will still remain the same.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum:

Yeah, at this point Bunn should have realized that Marvel has no rules, i mean it has been for at least 5 years and true while he tries to do something one way or another, all he does is just slow down the armageddon, and overall it just hurts the narrative of his stories, in general, thus the quality drops and Bunn is sadly one of few decent X-writers that we are left, if this actually continues Marvel might as well break Bunn, which is not a good thing

Bunn is good when he's in his element, I think he'd shine on something like X-force or Weapon X, but that said I think his Mags is super overrated. And a convenient jobber as well ugh. I don't know, as of now he seems to feel comfortable with Marvel. His two out of 3 DC works were bashed by fans, so it leaves Marvel at a more comfortable place now.

Personally, Bunn should drop that house with O-5, Emma and other crap which came from other books, and just do what he wants to do, a self-contained X-stories, only with his own narrative with no influences from those crappy X-books. It should be this way till other X-titles get decent writers instead of the crappy ones we sadly have right now.

Agreed pretty much.

True words, Marvel fuc*** up big time, all because of their shi*** SJW agenda, it all started from that (as well as Bendis being an X-book writer, was a trash idea in a first place), thus as you said being Marvel fans is just embarassing nowdays, - Marvel should fire editors like Brevoort, Quesada and many others, the problem stems from them, if we get decent editors who actually decent job, then well the writers would be forced to drop their agenda and write proper comics, we know that writers can pull it of, i mean Waid and Aaron can write solid comics, but nowdays all of their comics is nothing but cancer, if Marvel's editorial mandate changes, then well writers wouldn't have that much freedom to force their agendas.

lol after the huge success of Fhor they thought they will pull it everywhere. I'm still somewhat nervous when I think it might've been ALL successful. I agree on editorial shakeup. Is there an actual professional that is as knowledgeable as them? Hard to say. But sure as hell I've been disappointed and burned so many times I'd consider any option at hand. Problem is, I don't even thing they are all that progressive themselves, that was just a cynical attempt at banking from a twitter keybord social pseudo warrior. And seeing they really gathered power and recognition from the media, it wasn't really out effing nowhere one. It's just, comics is a niche not many get and feel. That was their mistake. That support came in spirit, but never in physical copies. I guess we should be thankful, because wankery of even mediocre products with the "politically right" message is annoying, not just in comics.

But I doubt MCU will save them really, sure it will boost their popularity and give new views, but comics will still remain the same.

I meant being tied to them one way or other.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gladeusex: Yes, Emma was the one with the piece, but it’s power was leaking into the mindscape according to Jeen’s explanation of how her’s and Tyke’s psychic rapport was created. So, it is inferred that the battlefield was evened by virtue of that little detail. The second scenario wasn’t Teen Jean vs Emma. In fact, Emma wasn’t fighting to begin with (not consciously anyway). That was Jean Grey roping Jeen into a situation she didn’t want to be in but was already to deep in. The credit goes to Jean (who was already proven to be more powerful and is argued to be more skilled than Emma), not her teenage variant. If Emma has been outright fighting Jeen’s influence with no interference from ghost Jean, I’d understand your sentiments.

Teen Jean hardly did it of her own accord. In fact, Teen Jean had back up from adult Jean, Quentin, the Cuckoos, Hope Summers, Pickles, and Cable’s Psimitar And was still killed. Her surfing the Phoenix was a result of five psychics attacking the Force and Teen Jean stunning it with the Psimitar, Emma being one of those very psychics and the last one to give up when the Phoenix overwhelms the five psychics. Actually looking at the circumstances surrounding Teen Jean being capable of that feat shows clearly she had help as well as direction from Hope on how to use the Psimitar, Jean Grey’s encouragement, and most importantly, Emma’s direction of everyone involved on how to approach this. (With exception of Hope who went guns blazing and was teaching Jeen what to do with the weapon)

What do you mean make Magneto god-tier? Magneto has always been capable of soloing an entire team of X-Men on his own, which always included telepaths on the team, most notably Jean Grey, Xavier, and Psylocke least of all, which is no jab at Psylocke since she is in comparison to Jean and Charles. Given that this was merely a civil meeting that was going south, Emma making attempts on Magneto’s mind would’ve provoked the meeting before any of them were ready. Add the fact that once they were ready, Magneto basically created a helmet from what I assume was metal laced in the material of his clothes, I find that Emma finding a way of being any use in that situation makes her invaluable.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PyroFN

@adamtrmm: By characterization, Emma’s motivations on achieving Scott’s dreams in honor of his death. The X-Men have clear motivations, the problems are the execution. It would be just as bad for Bunn to just ignore the fact that Emma did all that than it would be for him to do what he is doing now. The rules Bunn is abiding to are rules comic book fans always clamor for writers to do, that being to stick to lore to let the character grow. Unfortunately, the character’s growth gonna come from a place she should have never been to begin with, but it happened. The way to fix his in a natural way is the way Bunn is doing it. It’s either that, or add it to the crap pile by throwing in some feud ex machines to suddenly reverse all the effects that happened to Emma via plot device or some good ol’ fashion talking to. Emma is in a bad place, but it is hardly Bunn’s fault, but we see hints of his promise coming to fruition.

Emma is showing signs of her calaculating nature and we’ve seen his characterization of her when the O5 met Generation X, so I have faith in Bunn. I think part of the problem also lies in the lack of patience from X-readers. I understand how bold my claim is and no, it isn’t our fault in the least things were like this, but we won’t get our way the way we want it. The best we can do is support those actually striving to give us good stories and Bunn is doing his best as we can see.

If you actually look intently on what he did accomplish with Emma, in spite of how she came off at first, you can see a progress from where she came from. He does know how Emma is characterized, but he has to start somewhere and he is following something that we as comic book fans always hound writers about, continuity. So, that is where I feel we lie at fault alongside our constant impatience. You can hardly blame him for following a formula that we clamor for guys like Bendis and Fox to do since the beginning.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

For how much time they spent having Emma absent from X-comics only to return her as watered down villian in which they didn't know what to do with....

Ring the bell

#SHAME

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time1: stop making useless threads if ur not going to follow through with it

As for emma, i would like her to stay a villain(distancing her from scott even more) but looks like bunn is making her good again ugh @pyrofn :P :D

PsychicHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PsychicHobo

Lmao I absolutely hate it. Her regression to being an antihero separate from the X-men (perhaps a bit darker) could’ve been done well. Scott’s death could’ve been the perfect thing to do it over. But Jesus this was a s**t show. They made her absolutely crazy and out of character to be “suicidal” even at the end of IVX. Threw years of character development away. Atleast Bunn is making her good again but the process is long and painful. Not to mention the psychopath shown at the start of Blue. The thing about Emma that is interesting is that she isn’t always distinguishable by good or bad. When she’s bad she’s usually doing it for something good. When she’s good she had “bad” ways of attaining her goal. Her being crazy didn’t work because she wasn’t like herself even when she was a villain working purely for her own gain (the cold calculating white queen). I do have faith in Bunn though because dear god did I love his run on Magneto.

PsychicHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: During Grant Morrison’s New X-men I swear Jean was accessing Phoenix cosmic power reserves throughout a majority of the story. Basically every day she’d get stronger leading up to her transformation into Phoenix later in the story. I remember Professor X saying that she was accessing the reserves, I’ll try to find the scan. I believe it was in the same issue as their fight. While she wasn’t full on Phoenix she definately had boosted powers. But imho idk if Grant Morrison got Phoenix pretty well cause her dying to fake magneto (real xorn?) was kind of eh?

Grimaldus3924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is better as a villain. Maybe she can stop dragging Cyclops down. Sadly it seems that she is getting redeemed in blue.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimaldus3924: every time marvel tries to re-examine the "psychic affair" it gets worst LOL

No Caption Provided

im with jeen........it is "EWW" @pyrofn which is funny cause i watch soaps and are worst then this^^

Grimaldus3924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

Yeah, that sucks. Scott was my favorite character before that but scemma ruined him for me. the sad thing it's that some people judge Scott and Jott for that bullshit. Instead of the awesome romance it was

No Caption Provided

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PyroFN

@hopesummersforthefuture: Sheesh, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. What’s the matter sweetheart? Finally realize what a horrible idea Jott currently is? >:)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psychichobo: That is a debate that everyone has about Morrisons run. We can blame the era where she first dawned her Green Phoenix outfit in the 90’s to honor Rachel and celebrate her newfound determination to stop holding back. Not to mention Beast claiming that she was merely tapping into her powers as an omega level mutant rather than the Phoenix wasn’t helping. Then we have the story centering around how everyone is afraid Jean will turn into Phoenix and Jean saying she isn’t succumbing to the bird or trying not to get too close to it. It is a really ambiguous storytelling that is frustrating because we don’t have a clear answer.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: It’s “eww” because Jeen has no business seeing that private moment she didn’t want to see to begin with. It’s a disgusting act to even think about and the fact that Scott indulged in it willingly made it feel all the more wrong. It might as well have been real since Jean could feel every intimate moment as a telepath, what the two felt between their affair. The fact that Acott shared it with someone else and Jeen has to witness it. Not the fact that it’s Emma.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PyroFN

@grimaldus3924: I am one of those people due to the fact that said romance should’ve been motivation for Scott to fight her offer. If Jean were to simply accept Scott after that, it would lose the severity of what Scott did and make Jean out as weak and desperate for someone known to leave their wives when things got tough for other women. The fact that Jean was that other woman, before Emma came along, makes it all the more tragic because she unwittingly made contribution in the failings of someone else’s marriage to be with Scott and that same person ran to another woman because he couldn’t be straight with his wife whom has gone through what he’s gone through.

Grimaldus3924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Grimaldus3924

@pyrofn:

I really don't want to derail this thread with pointless shipping drama. So I'm just going to explain my opinion on the topic once. I will try to be objective.

You're right. Scott should have fought for his marriage, I don't want to come with stupid excuses, the truth is that marvel didn't want the relationship anymore so they decided to do it that way. Maybe the guys at marvel thought they did everything with them as a couple, that's valid.

It made sense given their story together? Absolutely not, but these characters aren't real people, they don't control their lives, editors and marketing guys do it. Their lives, loves, works, everything could change in a whim, just to sell. For example, look how "cool" and "meaningful" was seeing Cyclops kill Xavier. Did it made sense? No but marvel did it.

Have you read the current X-editor (Jordan D White) twitter?

Dude has said many times that they will try to fuck any relationship even if it doesn't make sense. He said it's because good stable ones are boring and don't sell. That's Marvel's philosophy.

I like what Jean and Scott had. I hate what marvel did to them for stupid reasons but it happened. I personally like to judge things for what they were and not only for how they ended. I'm not going to deny the crap that they pulled with the relationship but it's unfair to ignore the good stuff (and they had lots of good stuff). I don't think Jott is terrible, what is terrible is how Marvel has fucked the relationship.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

I really don't want to derail this thread with pointless shipping drama. So I'm just going to explain my opinion on the topic once. I will try to be objective.

You're right. Scott should have fought for his marriage, I don't want to come with stupid excuses, the truth is that marvel didn't want the relationship anymore so they decided to do it that way. Maybe the guys at marvel thought they did everything with them as a couple, that's valid.

It made sense given their story together? Absolutely not, but these characters aren't real people, they don't control their lives, editors and marketing guys do it. Their lives, loves, works, everything could change in a whim, just to sell. For example, look how "cool" and "meaningful" was seeing Cyclops kill Xavier. Did it made sense? No but marvel did it.

Have you read the current X-editor (Jordan D White) twitter?

Dude has said many times that they will try to fuck any relationship even if it doesn't make sense. He said it's because good stable ones are boring and don't sell. That's Marvel's philosophy.

I like what Jean and Scott had. I hate what marvel did to them for stupid reasons but it happened. I personally like to judge things for what they were and not only for how they ended. I'm not going to deny the crap that they pulled with the relationship but it's unfair to ignore the good stuff (and they had lots of good stuff). I don't think Jott is terrible, what is terrible is how Marvel has fucked the relationship.

the only way for jott to come back is for emma to die and stay dead...........has anyone read "what if Orb brought back jean instead of colossus" ??? emma and kitty died cause of cassandra nova trying to steal phoenix force.........at the end, looked like scott and jean were going to get back together........u could still see the chemistry between them and they were training the new x-men kids

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PyroFN: About Jean and the Phoenix in Morrisons New Xmen, her powers evolved to tap into its power as a secondary mutation, but she was in no way on the level of a full Phoenix host, for example

she couldn't move asteroid my, but Phoenix Jean had easily moved asteroids and billions of tons of rocks/a mountain before,

she couldn't fly in space because she didn't have oxygen while Phoenix Jean doesn't need to breathe and can fly faster than comets and open portals In space

She died from being right next to the sun, while Phoenix Jean bathes in suns and feeds on their energy

She couldn't destroy the nanosentinels in her blood, while Phoenix Jean can easily transmute her body on a molecular level to change from atlantean to human

She lost to Cassandra Nova in telepathy and needed cerebro to communicate across the planet in Morrisons run, while Phoenix Jean has touched every mind in creation and has fought the likes of galactus.

It's kind of like Emma frost after AvX, she had a piece of the Phoenix, but it wasn't really amping her powers, so much that she had to get a cosmic shard to increase her power instead.

I think the Phoenix imagery, as you explained above, is just part of Jean embracing her destiny ad Phoenix and stop holding back her powers, she was already using Phoenix effects in kelly & th seagles run and in revolution, already calling herself Phoenix, talking about how she could hear the power of the Phoenix singing to her, in new Xmen, she just embraced it more, but I don't think it was actually amping her, because Jean has better feats from other runs and other versions of Jean can replicate everything Jean did in Morrisons run.

Grimaldus3924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

LOL, Cyclops doesn't want anything to do with Emma since AvX. If she still loves him that's her problem, it doesn't mean that Cyclops will want her. In fact I think that with Jean alive, Scemma can't exist. Not because Scott and Jean get back together but for pure shame, because it was wrong and it wasn't uncomfortable because Jean wasn't here.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimaldus3924: i kinda want to see emma/scott/jean/logan drama that mean emma vs jean for scott and logan vs scott for jean LOL

@PyroFN: About Jean and the Phoenix in Morrisons New Xmen, her powers evolved to tap into its power as a secondary mutation, but she was in no way on the level of a full Phoenix host, for example

she couldn't move asteroid my, but Phoenix Jean had easily moved asteroids and billions of tons of rocks/a mountain before,

she couldn't fly in space because she didn't have oxygen while Phoenix Jean doesn't need to breathe and can fly faster than comets and open portals In space

She died from being right next to the sun, while Phoenix Jean bathes in suns and feeds on their energy

She couldn't destroy the nanosentinels in her blood, while Phoenix Jean can easily transmute her body on a molecular level to change from atlantean to human

She lost to Cassandra Nova in telepathy and needed cerebro to communicate across the planet in Morrisons run, while Phoenix Jean has touched every mind in creation and has fought the likes of galactus.

It's kind of like Emma frost after AvX, she had a piece of the Phoenix, but it wasn't really amping her powers, so much that she had to get a cosmic shard to increase her power instead.

I think the Phoenix imagery, as you explained above, is just part of Jean embracing her destiny ad Phoenix and stop holding back her powers, she was already using Phoenix effects in kelly & th seagles run and in revolution, already calling herself Phoenix, talking about how she could hear the power of the Phoenix singing to her, in new Xmen, she just embraced it more, but I don't think it was actually amping her, because Jean has better feats from other runs and other versions of Jean can replicate everything Jean did in Morrisons run.

the bold means that is a error, when logan was in space(from morrisons run), jean sense that he was alive and she didnt use cerebro or cerebra.......then xavier says "oh how do u know that? oh right the phoenix force"

No Caption Provided

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimaldus3924: also it doesnt make sense.........scott falls for the woman who helped "jean" turn dark phoenix??? you think both scott and jean would always feel some resentment for emma...........jean felt anger with shaw like forever(1st pic below) ........jean tried to be friends with emma but emma wanted to do things the "magneto way"(2nd pic below) .........the only good thing is jean said "emma is the most devious, machiavellian women i ever met(from morrisons run as she told beast)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

the 3rd pic is scott remembering shaw's crimes from generation hope 15

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimaldus3924: My response in briefness because I agree and am obliged by your goal to keep things on topic, we can go by the editor’s fault for things, but Jean isn’t going to the editors to blame them. In story, it is Scott’s fault with Jeans negligence as an accomplice to their failed relationship. My focus isn’t to bash Jott, it is a highlight in most situations to me, but my thoughts are, where to go from here. That’s why I call it a bad idea now. If Jean were to go back to Scott, it would have to be rebuilt from the ground up because that is natural. Others want them to pick up where they left off and that is no good, because that would ignore a major character flaw on Scott’s end that needs to be taken, ergo why I am mostly so tough on Scott and not Jean. Any of Jeans flaws won’t have a bad influence on the relationship, she isn’t gonna be weak in the knees for Logan because Logan has shown interest in Storm before his death. Scott’s will.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PyroFN

@hopesummersforthefuture: Stupid way to bring Jott back. Just take your time rebuilding Scott and Jeans friendship. The only thing in the way of the fantasy that is Jott is Scott, not Emma.

I also find the Cerebra scan to be making no sense. Charles doesn’t say she sensed Logan in space, but that she knew that Cerebra found Logan. She could easily piggy-back on Charles using Cerebra without the need of the Phoenix. That could be what Morrison meant, but I am still skeptical.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimaldus3924:

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Stupid way to bring Jott back. Just take your time rebuilding Scott and Jeans friendship. The only thing in the way of the fantasy that is Jott is Scott, not Emma.

I also find the Cerebra scan to be making no sense. Charles doesn’t say she sensed Logan in space, but that she knew that Cerebra found Logan. She could easily piggy-back on Charles using Cerebra without the need of the Phoenix. That could be what Morrison meant, but I am still skeptical.

well im even more hopeful for jott cause new x-editor(jordan D white's twitter) top 3 x-couples is 1) rogue and gambit(btw looks like they might get back together) 2) jott 3) brian and meggan :D :D :D and if jott gets back together, i had nothing to do with it *wink wink*

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: I agree with @PyroFN: Xavier had used Cerebra to find Logan, the Phoenix told Jean what Cerebra found out.

My list of x-couples is different :p I rank Warren and Betsy over Brian and meggan

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: I agree with @PyroFN: Xavier had used Cerebra to find Logan, the Phoenix told Jean what Cerebra found out.

My list of x-couples is different :p I rank Warren and Betsy over Brian and meggan

but warren and betsy never been together since "dark angle saga"(2009-ish) ...........betsy's been seen with fantomex, charlie cluster 9, etc..........u didnt see warren dating anyone since betsy.........u could still see they care for each other

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive actually grown to like emma since i read uncanny xmen 2013.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.