Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Thoughts about "X-men:Schism"

sidetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sidetrack

It good 2 see another major storyline that going 2 take place after the trilogy that started with "Messiah complex" & continued with "Messiah war" & "Second coming".I have a feeling that X-men:Schism will pick up on the issues presented way back in "Endangered species" as well as throwing in some stuff about leadership & what it means 2b a leader from what I've been hearing about.The word schism mean division or disunion esp.in2 mutually opposed parties.Could it b that a split btw.the X-men is going 2 happen with groups being led by either Prof.X or Magneto & Magneto's group is subtely used 4 villiany marking Magneto's return 2 villiany?.Or would that b 2 predicatable &/or soon?.Or could it there possibly b a split in2 groups led by Scott & the Prof?.Scott beinf some1 who Beast said was becoming 2 militaristic after Nightcrawlers death in "Second Coming" & who might still have a peice of "the Void" inside that was'nt fully removed by Emma Frost (I'm not not 2 sure 2 what extent Emma removed it).Or mayb even a split in2 groups led by Prof.X & Hope the so called "mutant messiah" who might try 2 continue Cable's ideology & legacy.Mayb it will splits in2 various groups led by Cyc,Prof.X,Hope & Magneto.I'll admit that I might b making my estimates about this story line based 2 much on that 1 word.I'd like 2 hear what others think o'what I'm saying .

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

Isn't the split between Wolverine and Cyclops?

sidetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sidetrack

@ JoseDRiveraTCR7 Your right man.Oh man now I feel like what I just wrote is kind o'pointless now.I think that what I said about Cyclops might still b true.I cant really see Wolverine as a leader o'the X-men.This is'nt a military unit like back in his various army & Team X days.Mayb what I said about Magneto,Hope & the Proffessor might b a bit true in how they develop in this storyline except 4 the pt.about them splitting up in2 groups.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Maybe Logan will make his X-force permanent?
    Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Icon

Jason Aaron has said that the event which causes the disagreement/fallout between Cyke and Wolvie happens when one of the characters from Grant Morrison's New X-Men run returns. That has me really intrigued. 

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By John Valentine

Looking forward to it.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By madrid_san
    @Icon
    I stopped reading comics around that time. Who are the possible canidates?
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By John Valentine
    madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By madrid_san
    @John Valentine
    Thanks for the speedy reply. So just out of curiosity, what exactly does having Kid Omega back mean to the X-men?
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

^ -_-

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

This event is going to suck hard. If Paul Jenkins wrote the whole thing, I'd have hope, but this is just going to be awful.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Edgeworth_11

I am feeling the preludes to Schism. The suspense building is impressive. But what are the X-men preparing for? Who is coming?
    HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By HexThis

I think the writing is good and so far I'm liking the suspense.

The patriarchy of the X-men is tiresome though. I feel like Scott's centric presence is an invention of the last 6 years or so, in the 80's and 90's he was field leader at best that doesn't entitle him to make ethical decisions, same with Logan who is just a notch above a mercenary.

Hopefully this involves the group dynamic more than just Scott vs Logan because if these two started a ruckus, there's a ton of more powerful mutants on either side that could shut them both up. 

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14  Edited By lorex

Honestly the whole Schism thing seems a little contrived to me. No not a little a lot contrived.  Have some of Cyclops decisions been questionable, yes. The problem is there was no one else who stepped up to handle the enormous issues facing not just
    the X-Men but all mutants in general. The stupidest thing of all is that we are suppose to believe that Wolverine is the lone voice in the wilderness that is the leadership alternative.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PrinceIMC

I kinda think its gonna have something to do with the Evolutionaries shown in the recent Giant-Size X-Men.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By HexThis
    @lorex said:

Honestly the whole Schism thing seems a little contrived to me. No not a little a lot contrived.  Have some of Cyclops decisions been questionable, yes. The problem is there was no one else who stepped up to handle the enormous issues facing not just the X-Men but all mutants in general. The stupidest thing of all is that we are suppose to believe that Wolverine is the lone voice in the wilderness that is the leadership alternative.

PREACH. Storm? Beast? Heck, even Magneto. Much more plausible examples of people who provide a more compelling "schism". I mean, if anything, Logan's been one of the most intimately aware of Scott's more murky decisions and has done nada to stop him.
    Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Magneto seems pretty loyal and Cyclops is using some of his old tactics. Also, Mags said Scott reminds him of his own father in a way.

Beast just left with his tail between his legs lol. Storm... well, I could have seen that... it'll work out I am sure.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By Timandm

So far, I'd have to say it's just boring...  We don't know what Schism is going to be about...We have no idea about the main story line...The preludes have had NO action and given NO clues...Nada...

and if this is just another RECYCLED, "the world hates mutants, we have to fight but not kill to survive" storyline I may have to turn in my X-Men fan club membership card...

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did it take 5 years for someone on Utopia to realize and speak up about how screwed they are under Cyclops

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @WarMachineMarkV said:
    Why did it take 5 years for someone on Utopia to realize and speak up about how screwed they are under Cyclops
    Because they're not.
    StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#21  Edited By StarKiller809

I think it looks promising. I think that it will be cool to see how it resolves and plays out.
    Dh4niel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dh4niel

I can't see this being anything but Cyclops and Wolverine fighting for leadership, but hasn't Logan been on Scott's side up until know? I don't see what Logan can bring as an alternative, to be quite honest.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By daak1212
    @Edgeworth_11 said:

Magneto seems pretty loyal and Cyclops is using some of his old tactics. Also, Mags said Scott reminds him of his own father in a way.

Beast just left with his tail between his legs lol. Storm... well, I could have seen that... it'll work out I am sure.

In the pictures Magneto was on Scott's side

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.